Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Actor Matt McGorry Shot By Cops At BLM Protest

McGorry, one of the stars of Orange Is The New Black, says he himself was shot with a rubber bullet during the Black Lives Matter protest in Fairfax, LA on Saturday (May 30).

He later shared the footage on Twitter, making it clear what he thinks of “facist cops”.

“Oh s**t, they’re f**king firing,” he said in the video. “You’re firing guns at people walking away! F**k you!

“Firing guns at people walking the f**k away, that’s what the f**k is happening. That’s what the f**king cops do.”

In another of McGorry’s videos, officers wearing riot gear begin approaching a crowd of protestors when an inaudible exchange occurs. At least two officers then start swinging their batons into the crowd with extraordinary aggression, striking multiple unarmed demonstrators.

“They’re not doing anything, you f**king pigs,” McGorry can be heard shouting over the screams. “What the f**k are you doing?”

Posting the footage on Twitter, he wrote: “More police brutality from the @BLMLA @WeBldPwr protest yesterday where cops starting swinging batons and shooting projectiles at people simply standing there with their hands up.”

The actor, also known for his role in How to Get Away With Murder, also participated in the May 31 protests in Santa Monica, and says he plans on continuing to join demonstration in the city.

“When we don’t show up, it makes it even more dangerous for the folks who are more marginalised, who are potentially easier targets. I believe in my responsibility and the responsibility of all white people to show up,” he told the Hollywood Reporter.

He continued: “It’s important as a white person to understand the moral obligation of ending the oppression of Black people. It’s not an act of charity but something I believe as white folks we need to find our personal stake in, to have any sort of moral integrity.

“As white folks, we need to be up there and up front, as a barrier between Black folks and the police. It’s a system that’s designed to benefit white folks, particularly white, wealthy people.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 8, 2020 3:06 AM

He's not famous and he's not black, so it doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2020 11:58 PM

I can't stand him. he's a 'male feminist'.

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2020 11:59 PM

I would think the cops would go easy on a cast member from How To Get Away With Murder.

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2020 11:59 PM

He's not an antifa type by any means - just a woke tryhard who wants women to like him. That he was shot just confirms, for the nth time, that police are just raining violence on protesters (and sometimes even passersby) indiscriminately.

by Anonymousreply 4June 6, 2020 12:17 AM

That thrift shop on Fairfax is the bomb, btw. I’ve scored some great art there, and have donated, as well.

I’m so ashamed of Los Angeles right now. LAPD might as well be the KKK. They haven’t changed one bit since Rodney King.

by Anonymousreply 5June 6, 2020 12:35 AM

He has put on some pounds since his OITNB days, and it looks glorious on him.

by Anonymousreply 6June 6, 2020 1:10 AM

He has a hot body and a huge cock.

by Anonymousreply 7June 6, 2020 1:21 AM

Pics to prove.

by Anonymousreply 8June 6, 2020 1:24 AM

Matt McGorry. This is about five years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 6, 2020 7:55 AM

Actors trying to show off. They should all shut the fuck up and stop drowning out the voices and stories of real people.

by Anonymousreply 10June 6, 2020 8:36 AM

He's got one of those faces that are supposed to be appealing, but for some reason are the total opposite. (Ryan Reynolds is an example.) I think it's the tan. Just like people with African traits don't look good with white skin (as proven by African albinos), people who are naturally pale need to understand that deep tan doesn't suit them.

by Anonymousreply 11June 6, 2020 9:33 PM

R11

I didn't even notice the tan.

I don't find him attractive because he looks like if someone tried to create a handsome man in a lab. He has the bone structure to be good looking but there's something off about his face. It's as though he's artificial.

by Anonymousreply 12June 6, 2020 11:02 PM

he should play a serial killer. he has the face of a man with a lot of secrets. he really and truly gives me the creeps. I am sure he is probably not a serial killer but if it comes out that he is, I would not be entirely surprised.

by Anonymousreply 13June 6, 2020 11:10 PM

r12 I think it's the tan that adds to the perception of artificiality. We can tell by his facial traits that this is a man of Northern European descent, so we don't expect him to look so deeply tanned, just like we don't expect people with African traits to be white skinned. When our unconscious expectations about people's looks are betrayed, they look uncanny or artificial to our eyes.

by Anonymousreply 14June 6, 2020 11:12 PM

I hope his big penis was hurt during the demonstration. I will gladly make the ultimate sacrifice and check if need be.

by Anonymousreply 15June 6, 2020 11:45 PM

Aging actor with receding hairline and barren IMDb gasps for relevance.

by Anonymousreply 16June 6, 2020 11:49 PM

Proof of this large penis?

by Anonymousreply 17June 6, 2020 11:55 PM

He's thick and hot and like Timothina Shagameh, grew up in Manhattan.

by Anonymousreply 18June 7, 2020 12:09 AM

So he's basically the character he played in Step Sisters.

by Anonymousreply 19June 7, 2020 10:24 AM

You might want to check that IMDB before you call it barren, r16. It’s not barren at all. He’s doing quite well for a 34 year old, including three series regular gigs, two of which were “prestige.”

by Anonymousreply 20June 8, 2020 3:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!