Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Can we crowd-fund Joy Reid a wig?

Girlfriend is looking like the lunch lady.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 6, 2020 3:57 PM

I enjoyed her going natural for a change, she looks great.

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2020 11:19 PM

Gurl!

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2020 11:20 PM

That is what happens when you are a homophobic cunt. No hairdresser will take care of you.

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2020 11:20 PM

Why is her hairline back so far?

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2020 11:22 PM

The Russians hacked her hair. She says the FBI is investigating.

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2020 11:23 PM

She should shave her head.

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2020 11:23 PM

Thank you OP, I cant post topics yet.

It's like she just gave up on hair completely. It went from cute, to stylish, to a little ethnocentric to take this fucking thing off!

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2020 11:24 PM

HELL NO

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2020 11:25 PM

What! That was not her real hair?!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2020 11:26 PM

Girl, this is how it's done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2020 11:29 PM

Does it start 4 inches back?

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2020 11:35 PM

Was she Queen Elizabeth the First in a previous life?

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2020 11:36 PM

She’s starting to look like Reverend Al

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2020 11:39 PM

Don't encourage her.

The natural look is better than anything she's done before.

by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2020 11:41 PM

It does look natural and age-appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2020 11:48 PM

[quote]Why is her hairline back so far?

Gurl those weaves and glue have eliminated her edges!

by Anonymousreply 16June 6, 2020 12:18 AM

R4, She's the black Jessica Tandy.

by Anonymousreply 17June 6, 2020 1:05 AM

Gay hating bible thumper. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 18June 6, 2020 2:45 AM

I like the sorta fro better than the extensions. They always looked painful.

by Anonymousreply 19June 6, 2020 2:48 AM

Homophobic cunt who STILL has not apologized to gays....... only to TRANS.

And what happened to her security experts and the FBI that were looking into her "hacking?"

by Anonymousreply 20June 6, 2020 3:20 AM

Looking good Joy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 6, 2020 3:26 AM

Did Lea Michelle shit in hers?

by Anonymousreply 22June 6, 2020 3:39 AM

Why am I having the false memory that she goes by Joy-Ann Reid. I know it's her actual name but everything about her online and for her show is Joy Reid. Where the fuck am I getting Joy-Ann from?

by Anonymousreply 23June 6, 2020 3:47 AM

This cunt truly got a pass after all her homophobic comments got out there. Her claim she was hacked was laughable. MSNBC looked the other way with this bitch. And she looks like shit.

Lunch lady indeed, OP.

by Anonymousreply 24June 6, 2020 4:23 AM

The 'fro is bigger and fluffier this morning. I think it looks a lot better than when she was processing her hair, or the dreads/extensions.

The emails were problematic, for sure. Her explanation for them was inadequate. I don't always agree with her commentary, but she's almost always incisive, and presents an analytical perspective with guests you don't see much on mainstream media. A little Joy goes a long way, but she's an important voice. (Don't any other DLers agree?)

by Anonymousreply 25June 6, 2020 2:57 PM

Joy's hair is evoking Eddie Murphy’s Buckwheat character this morning.

by Anonymousreply 26June 6, 2020 3:18 PM

[quote]A little Joy goes a long way, but she's an important voice.

"Important voices" don't make comments like she did in her emails to begin with, and more importantly, even if they do, they OWN UP TO Them and DO NOT LIE REPEATEDLY, changing the story several times in a matter of days.

by Anonymousreply 27June 6, 2020 3:36 PM

Gay hating spineless dishonest opportunist.

by Anonymousreply 28June 6, 2020 3:37 PM

Oh, but she "apologized" and said she was just a foolish young woman at the time (even though she was hardly in her 20s when she posted her homophobic comments).

by Anonymousreply 29June 6, 2020 3:40 PM

I love Joy. I read her blog posts and based on the time period in which they written and probably being on DL too long, I found nothing offensive about them. The people who continue to hate on Joy Reid have an agenda and it's usually the Bernie Bros who brought her blog posts to light in the first place and who still can't stand her.

I'm black and I know it's wrong and outdated and self-hating thinking, but I just don't think that natural hair is professional looking. There is just no excuse for that hair in OPs pic. That is walking around the house in your housecoat and slippers hair. Throw on a damned wig or get one of those short afro cuts.

by Anonymousreply 30June 6, 2020 3:45 PM

Good old Joy...just watch the first three minutes or so to see her try to bullshit her way out of her own words, after she was caught in her own lies that she'd been hacked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 6, 2020 3:45 PM

And by the way, R30, I'm the exact opposite of a Bernie Bro. I hate them.

by Anonymousreply 32June 6, 2020 3:46 PM

[quote]Oh, but she "apologized" and said she was just a foolish young woman at the time (even though she was hardly in her 20s when she posted her homophobic comments).

No she only apologized for the TRANS comments; she NEVER apologized for being homophobic, and that was after she realized she couldn't simply deny it all. .

Her story changed several times, including "I don't believe I wrote those words" to "I was hacked and the FBI is looking into it" to "I hired my own security experts" etc.

by Anonymousreply 33June 6, 2020 3:54 PM

I'm not a bernie bro and Joy Reid is dishonest and spineless. Miss Thing was a Harvard Graduate and knew exactly what she was typing. She's a pig, not a journalist, and should have been given the boot, along with Brian Lyin' Williams.

by Anonymousreply 34June 6, 2020 3:55 PM

To be fair to Joy, She spoke to GLAAD who told her she only needed to address trans people directly. Plus she probably thinks trans people and gay people are pretty much the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 35June 6, 2020 3:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!