Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

57 Buffalo officers resign from Emergency Response Team after two cops suspended

Cops first lied that a 75 year old man just tripped and fell.

A video then showed that, not only was he pushed, hit his head, and was bleeding, but the cops just kept walking by him without stopping to help.

Two cops got suspended so the rest of the forced got angry and resigned.

POS

by Anonymousreply 155June 18, 2020 9:42 PM

Bunch of losers. They can all die.

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2020 9:52 PM

Doesn't sound like they resigned 100% from their jobs as police officers, just from this "Emergency Response Team."

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2020 9:54 PM

Hey, we found fifty-seven more bad apples.

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2020 9:56 PM

Granted, I have limited exposure to police in general but those I've met over the years don't seem well-rounded socially and can't talk about much other than their pension.

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2020 10:08 PM

Now they join the 40 million unemployed in the US. Good luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2020 10:15 PM

They need to pull a Reagan and fire them all.

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2020 10:17 PM

They didn't quit the force, R5.

The Buffalo News: The Emergency Response Team members have not quit the police department, but have stepped down from the tactical unit.

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2020 10:18 PM

There's some talk that the union will no longer insure them, so they stepped down. They make it seem like they're doing something big in protest but it's not that at all.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2020 10:20 PM

Are these the good cops they talk so much about

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2020 10:21 PM

If they haven't resigned, then they should be fired.

Make them lose their pension and all their benefits.

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2020 10:22 PM

This action by the 57 only confirms to me they are also bad eggs. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2020 10:26 PM

There's a pic going around saying that the old man was returning a helmut to them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2020 10:28 PM

"Let us do whatever we want or we won't protect you."

It's a common form of police extortion. A councilman from New York was on some talking head show this week and said whenever he'd propose something the police union didn't like, he'd get calls from constituents that cops weren't showing up in response to 911 calls, or showing up very, very late.

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2020 10:30 PM

Agree with R4.

I'm in Canada. For a few years I had to deal with the local police on a weekly basis for my job.

Everything was about money with them. Overtime, hazard pay, benefits, paid sick days, pensions. That was all they cared about and the only reason they became cops.

by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2020 10:35 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2020 10:35 PM

my memory is hazy as usual, r13, but i remember seeing a tweet quoting the mayor of Minneapolis(?) saying the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2020 10:36 PM

zzzzz r17

by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2020 10:40 PM

[quote]Doesn't sound like they resigned 100% from their jobs as police officers, just from this "Emergency Response Team."

Must be nice to have a job where you can resign from the parts that you don't like but still get paid and suffer no repercussions.

by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2020 10:40 PM

Even if they quit the force entirely, they'd be hired iin a nanosecond by Erik Prince's SS goon squad,

by Anonymousreply 20June 5, 2020 10:45 PM

Because of incidents like these, I've really grown to hate cops.

I was pretty indifferent towards them before this, but now I actually despise them.

by Anonymousreply 21June 5, 2020 10:48 PM

Now that's what I call a good start.

by Anonymousreply 22June 5, 2020 10:54 PM

Now let’s get rid of the rest of those troglodytes! Cops showing their asses beating on elderly, children and women. Sucker punching, attacking and anyone they think they can with.

by Anonymousreply 23June 5, 2020 11:05 PM

In other news, 47 ginger-headed sailors....they're all fed up and they've had enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 5, 2020 11:13 PM

On the other hand..............

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 5, 2020 11:37 PM

I don't think they should have resigned but I also think there is going to be an anti police sentiment. We need to remember that the vast vast vast majority are good and protect us. Without them we will be in a lot of pain.

For Los Angles, the wimp major defended a portion of the police budget without consulting them or knowing how his stupid decision would affect people. It's also been noted that the major made the decision not to go after looters the 1st day in the Fairfax district (wants to be loved by all) but 80 businesses were destroyed by the looting. The police union head today said that the major is unstable and is incompetent of leading to lead - he doesn't want to be viewed bad by others (reminds me of Trump).

Don't get me wrong, I think there needs to be change but it needs to be thoughtful and not a knee jerk reaction.

by Anonymousreply 26June 6, 2020 12:05 AM

[quote]the vast vast vast majority are good

#Citation Needed

by Anonymousreply 27June 6, 2020 12:08 AM

[quote]We need to remember that the vast vast vast majority are good and protect us.

Dude, they left a 75 year old man bleeding on the sidewalk.

by Anonymousreply 28June 6, 2020 12:09 AM

R28, the vast majority of ALL police (not just Buffalo).

by Anonymousreply 29June 6, 2020 12:11 AM

I'd like to believe that the "vast, vast majority" of cops are good, but the more stories come out, the more it confirms that the majority, if not vast majority, are either totally corrupt bigots on power trips or totally complacent with those who are.

by Anonymousreply 30June 6, 2020 12:13 AM

This video horrified me. None of the officers stopped when they saw he was bleeding. They all walked past him.

by Anonymousreply 31June 6, 2020 12:14 AM

Bitch babies, all of them.

by Anonymousreply 32June 6, 2020 12:15 AM

What a bunch of fucking skanks. I hate cops so fucking much. I hope they lose their pensions.

by Anonymousreply 33June 6, 2020 12:17 AM

R30, I feel differently. I think we are seeing it more as everything is recorded but I have to believe that the majority are good.

by Anonymousreply 34June 6, 2020 12:19 AM

Those good ones? They tend to protect the bad ones.

by Anonymousreply 35June 6, 2020 12:25 AM

Listen, the Black Mayor is a weak ass who tried to waltz away when Wolf Blitzer interviewed him this afternoon. Thos cops resigned from the Emergency Response (SWAT) team, but they are still cops, still have a salary. They just "protested" by walking away from a critical job duty. They ought to be fired.

Every fucking White supremacist supporting or racist cop who is walking off the job, or turning their backs on the Mayors ought to be fired or face a 90 day suspecsion without pay. Fuck the unoins who intimidate Mayors and protect these pieces of shit. We need the laws changed immediately.

by Anonymousreply 36June 6, 2020 12:26 AM

I hope they all get AIDS and Covid. I hope someone takes one of them and tortures them on camera. I hate them so much.

by Anonymousreply 37June 6, 2020 12:34 AM

R28 Right! They left him bleeding on the ground, and are mad they getting called out for it. Just following orders, so Nazi!

by Anonymousreply 38June 6, 2020 12:57 AM

[quote] A video then showed that, not only was he pushed, hit his head, and was bleeding, but the cops just kept walking by him without stopping to help

That's not all that happened. Watch the video. One cop assaulted the elderly man, the other cop saw he was bleeding and looked like he might help, but then another cop, gave him a push, like to say, "get out of here"

It would be very interesting to see what the incident report says. We all know it's full of lies. I wonder, did they say he attacked them or did they say he just fell down?

by Anonymousreply 39June 6, 2020 1:11 AM

They said he tripped. Until, of course, there was video evidence to the contrary.

by Anonymousreply 40June 6, 2020 1:13 AM

Their own statement of the incident stated someone "tripped and fell."

This is what they released to the public, even knowing there was probably video.

by Anonymousreply 41June 6, 2020 1:13 AM

Even if he "tripped and fell," police officers are medically trained. One of them should have stopped to investigate, esp. with all that blood.

by Anonymousreply 42June 6, 2020 1:17 AM

I saw that video the other day. I was shocked that he was hurt and they kept walking precisely because they had a cowardly and guilty reaction to what they had done.

by Anonymousreply 43June 6, 2020 1:19 AM

R15 gets it right. These are fascists. They did the City a favor. It would be nearly impossible to ferret these troglodytes out of the SWAT force. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

by Anonymousreply 44June 6, 2020 1:19 AM

Here, for those who haven't seen it. Those young cops should all be fired. They don't have the character to be police officer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 6, 2020 1:22 AM

R30 gets it. I feel the same way. When I watch these videos, I see no outrage from their co-workers. They should all be ashamed of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 46June 6, 2020 1:23 AM

I still like most cops, who all don't act badly. The bad cops are the issue and they should be removed. Good cops protect us from the looters and other criminals who want people to hate all cops. The criminals seem to be winning.

by Anonymousreply 47June 6, 2020 1:25 AM

Watching Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown on Rachel Maddow. What a total asshole. He’s a liar and Rachel is giving him some pushback. Even though it’s on camera he still pushed the story that he fell, without also saying he was pushed. He is blaming the protesters for his city’s troubles. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 48June 6, 2020 1:25 AM

Why lie when a million people have seen the video? Spineless!

by Anonymousreply 49June 6, 2020 1:32 AM

You are a fool, R47. An unvarnished fool.

by Anonymousreply 50June 6, 2020 1:32 AM

R48 Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?

by Anonymousreply 51June 6, 2020 1:33 AM

Bye Felicia.

by Anonymousreply 52June 6, 2020 1:37 AM

One cop goes in to help and a turd pulls him away.

by Anonymousreply 53June 6, 2020 1:45 AM

Notice too that the two cops who shoved Martin Gugino offered the classic 'Nuremberg Defense' - "We were following orders."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 6, 2020 1:55 AM

The lowlife jerks pretty much had too. Since Trump has been in office I see that men are the weaker sex and they have no backbone. Men are pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 55June 6, 2020 1:59 AM

The U.S. supposedly prizes individuality, yet all these manly men were like sheep. I'd like to think that a few of them have resolved to never let the "code of silence" prevent them from helping an older, unarmed, bleeding man who is lying on concrete.

When I watched the video of George Floyd's death, I was focused on the Asian officer, trying to figure out what he was thinking. I'd like to think that I (if I were a P.O.) would have said, "Hey, he's (Floyd is) subdued already" and try to persuade Chauvin, etc., to get off of Floyd. Who knows what the Asian officer was thinking. Maybe time will tell.

by Anonymousreply 56June 6, 2020 2:56 AM

Luckily we have amazing cops here in New Zealand.

by Anonymousreply 57June 6, 2020 3:01 AM

Luckily, you're in New Zealand, period.

We're here in the US dealing with something completely different.

by Anonymousreply 58June 6, 2020 3:20 AM

Guys, I am such a fucking DOLT. I just realized, after reading the article that these fuckers RESIGNED IN SUPPORT of the fucking officers??? I thought they resigned out of disgust for what the officers did.... I have lost my fucking mind.

by Anonymousreply 59June 6, 2020 11:35 AM

They didn't even resign their jobs. They have resigned appointments to the Emergency Response Team. Somehow, 57 other useful positions just magically appeared to accommodate these officers? Time for management to eliminate 57 positions altogether. Most of these guys would keep their jobs through the seniority system, but the union would still lose 57 positions and have a hell of a mess to manage with its members. The officers whose employment was terminated would just go to the nearest towns and start work on those police forces soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 60June 6, 2020 12:12 PM

Anyone watch Rachel Maddow last night?

The mayor of Buffalo, NY was featured as a teleconferencing guest, and it was VERY clear, that he was completely full of shit, and felt the cops did nothing wrong, during the first 2-3 minutes of his “mayor-splaining”. He actually attempted to paint the policeman who shoved this guy to the ground, an elderly gentleman who presented zero threat, as a “very tired and overworked, exhausted” police officer”.

Also, he explained the bizarre tactic of the cops forming a solid human wall, and advancing through the area, to forcibly clear it of protesters.

He said they were just following orders, and that the police were not able to assist a man who was clearly shoved to the ground by another cop, and whom that cop is EXTREMELY fortunate to not have killed with a fatal brain injury, even though the man was bleeding profusely from his cranium and ears.

The ear bleeding represents significant trauma and instant edema to the cranial area and the systems surrounding it.

The cranium needs to bleed out, and fortunately for him, he did literally, bleed out immediately, reducing the possibility of sudden and extreme, intracranial coagulation, which can result in anything from an induced coma, to not coming back from that coma, to series of strokes, permanent paralysis resulting in a diagnosis of Quadriplegia, or total loss of the communication between the brain and CNS, which results in brain death, even if on life support.

I pedantically pointed out these possible outcomes, because it is EXTREMELY important that city leaders and police commissioners to understand how vital it is to not physically assault ANYONE who is not visibly presenting themselves as a clear and present danger. Any little thing, like a shove, can kill someone, despite their age, race, gender, or health.

This has to end, and we have to face facts: the violence, the deadly tactics, all come from the top down. If we want to change the way our LEOs engage Americans, we MUST start voting for responsible, ethical, civic leaders. We MUST get people who want the very best for ALL in their communities, not just the whites and/or affluent.

The rot starts at the top, and works it’s way down.

Unfortunately, American police officers are now trained to engage civilians as potential terrorists, much like the IDF is trained in Israel, against Palestinians. And btw, many agencies are trained by former IDF security consultants, and the firms they went on to create after leaving the IDF.

American LEO were killing black men and women and brutalizing them, long before the IDF even existed. But the militarization of public spaces and the many assaults they have engaged in on ALL citizens in the last few weeks? That’s armed forces shit they learn while in the service, AND, much of the shit we see, is straight out of the IDF playbook.

And before any hysterical, Zionist, queens decide to come here and call me an anti-Semite, understand that I’m pro-Israel, pro-Palestine, and anti-Zionism, as well as anti- Occupation.

Also, as a side note: Netanyahu is a corrupt piece of shit, and any decent Israeli and/or Jew, knows this.

Please take a moment to watch the videos below. Reading the article does help for added context.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61June 6, 2020 1:57 PM

American LEOs. Just like the IDF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 6, 2020 2:01 PM

Hmmm. Interesting how they practice to oppress the next generation of Americans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 6, 2020 2:03 PM

I have R17 blocked. I'm sure the cunt must have said some right-wing bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 64June 6, 2020 2:08 PM

I love that r61 is basically blaming Israel for American cop violence. That is really impressive. lol

by Anonymousreply 65June 6, 2020 2:09 PM

Me too. R64.

by Anonymousreply 66June 6, 2020 2:09 PM

R64, but of course.

Blocking them makes no difference. They’re just assholes.

R65, please do your research. Please! Because you know what? I do mine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 6, 2020 2:12 PM

The IDF train DC’s cops too, btw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 6, 2020 2:13 PM

R67, blocking assholes makes a difference all right--I don't have to subject my eyes to their bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 69June 6, 2020 2:16 PM

Please stop now with the "LEO" acronym. Law Enforcement. We cannot hide that, disguise that, or forget that. They are Law Enforcement and they have specific obligations and privileges known to all of that. Do not create some decontextualized and nearly meaningless acronym behind which they all can hide. It's jargon. It's bullshit. And, in the end, it harms us.

R61, your post would not have been made significantly lengthier by using those very important words.

by Anonymousreply 70June 6, 2020 2:18 PM

Read this below, in order to understand how pervasive this is in American LEO Agencies, from federal to cities to townships.

America is not an active, declared war zone and we are not actively occupying another’s sovereignties or territories.

We are not the IDF, stealing land from Palestinians, or defending ourselves against Palestinian terrorists who need to be dealt with effectively by intelligence agencies, BEFORE they harm, maim and kill.

We are Americans who are being brutalized by men and women who do not understand why their training is deadly in a land that has no war.

Hey, R70. Noted. I will reference them as Law Enforcement Officers or police, going forward, but honestly, LEOs is even used by cops themselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71June 6, 2020 2:22 PM

Have any of the officers that resigned their positions been interviewed anywhere? What excuse could they possibly give?

by Anonymousreply 72June 6, 2020 2:39 PM

Whilst ABC and CBS blurred the puddle of blood pooling on the pavement, it was rather ghastly to see coverage online which wasn't edited, and blurred: SO much blood. After several others passed by as if nothing had happened, one could be heard: "Someone is leaking; we need a medic".

The language employed is quite chilling, and telling. Had they used the term bleeding, they would need to admit he was human. Sickening a senior citizen with a sign on his chest is enough to provoke these meatheads. Better psychological tests are in order to gauge their temperaments.

This and the independent journalist who lost her vision in one eye makes me feel wretched.

by Anonymousreply 73June 6, 2020 2:56 PM

ABC:

Buffalo police officers arrested after shoving 75-year-old protester: Sources

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74June 6, 2020 3:02 PM

It is really kind of bullshit to say the vast majority of police are good. That is a lie. There is a code of silence with all police. They will always cover for each other no matter how bad the shit is they do.

by Anonymousreply 75June 6, 2020 3:21 PM

[quote] Everything was about money with them. Overtime, hazard pay, benefits, paid sick days, pensions. That was all they cared about and the only reason they became cops.

Exactly. I watched a PBS show about policing in Newark, NJ last night & a fat little round police higher-up was bitching about how thankless & unrewarding the job was “you can’t get people to join as it is. They’re just making it worse.” He whined that they were competing for employees with “Sears” (no shit, he said that) & Costco.

If policing in Newark is so horrible, why are most of the cops white & from the suburbs? Can’t these white suburban guys get jobs ...in sears? Or Target? The post office? The highway department? The school system? Oh no, they’d need to go to college for that.

If the job was as bad as they said it is, they wouldn’t be working it. I live in NY and the waiting lists for NYPD & county police interviews is YEARS long. Non college white males DREAM. of getting jobs with a police department.

Imagine if Drs & nurses were killing patients in hospitals, offices & nursing homes without consequences. “You can’t make us responsible for killings we commit. You can’t take those negligent ,unqualified & badly trained Drs & nurses to court & sue them. If you try, we will shut down all the hospitals, dr offices, nursing homes, urgent care, outpatient locations & stop giving home health care in this county! No medical care for you!“

by Anonymousreply 76June 6, 2020 3:23 PM

"Can’t these white suburban guys get jobs ...in sears? Or Target? The post office? The highway department? The school system? Oh no, they’d need to go to college for that."

Huh, R76? Since when do you need a college degree to work at Target? I see high schoolers who work at Target.

by Anonymousreply 77June 6, 2020 3:26 PM

Let's see. We need Police to protect against the protesters.

Fuckheads! What were they protesting against in the first place? Oh yeah, cops killing people.

They just need to get rid of or limit the laws that protect cops and their obscene behavior. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 78June 6, 2020 3:29 PM

The fact that 57 cops resigned from the ERT means they support the behavior of these other killer cops--hence, they are are all bad cops, all 57 of them. Good riddance. Of course, they didn't have the balls to quit the force. Cunts.

by Anonymousreply 79June 6, 2020 3:33 PM

[quote] Huh, [R76]? Since when do you need a college degree to work at Target?

"Can’t these white suburban guys get jobs ...in sears? Or Target? The post office? The highway department? The SCHOOL SYSTEM? Oh no, they’d need to go to college for that."

by Anonymousreply 80June 6, 2020 4:03 PM

It really is such a startling thing to observe, R73, because one just doesn’t expect to see them shoving an obviously peaceful, citizen, who appeared to be peaceably and calmly communicating with them. Not sure what he said, and it matters not, however, what if he needed to tell them he needed an EMT and an ambulance, because he thought he was having a heart attack? Or what if he were a senator or a congressman who came by to introduce himself? Or the CEO of Buffalo’s largest bank or any private business, who wanted to thank them? Even if he was there to tell them “Your mother sucks cocks in hell!”, he has the constitutional right to say whatever he wants, as long as he doesn’t yell: “FIRE” ! Or, “Asteroid”! And he definitely has the right to peaceably engage a public servant, officer of the law, because he, and other peaceful protesters’ and peaceful demonstrators’ state and local taxes, fund their salaries and retirement pensions.

The town’s Mayor, Byron Brown, who has been Mayor since 2005, btw, was all over the place with his interview and responses to Rachel. Eventually, it became clear that he was more interested in semantics, technical jargon, legalese speak, in order to defend his own office and job.

I’m not going to call him an Uncle Tom, because I despise that term, when used without merit.

What I am going to call him is a Mayor who has been in office, way too long. A man who has been entrenched in the halls of power in his community for far too long, and a man whom has lost perspective about what his ancestors went through and what others whom he shares phenotypic traits with, go through, in and outside of Buffalo, NY, at the hands of cops from all races and hundreds of cities in America.

What’s going on with Democracy in Buffalo? Why doesn’t another man or woman, challenge this ineffectual, glad-handing to “whites in economic power” , while bullshitting his African American supporters?

You cannot change American cities by becoming a puppet for the descendants of your ancestors’ literal masters. Real change means leadership that will NOT be led by the status quo, rather choosing to be led by rule of law, humility, compassion, and wisdom. A true leader is a servant, and he leads for the good of all, and does so by refusing to compromise with those who seek shortcuts, easy ways out, and corrupt practices.

This Mayor Byron Brown needs a wake up call. He’s too entrenched in a system that is not representative of his race equally, under law, and hasn’t any true desire to do anything, other than hold on to his job, because he’s lazy and folds easily to whatever prizes are da fled over his head, to look the other way and not do his actual job.

Unless police and government leaders admit and accept responsibility for their systemic corruption and actually change policing tactics profoundly, no black man or woman will truly rise to real power. And that’s the way whites in power want it. They will let you play dress up, and corrupt you with their bullshit if you are prone to corruption, but they will never let an honest, good and smart black man or woman, ever truly create a system that is fair. Fair means they lose power, money, property and prestige.

Any black man in local government leadership, like Mayor Byron Brown, knows he is only able to remain there this long, because he allows white men in power to do whatever they want, and follows orders.

Vote him out!

R79, the 57 cops did NOT resign from the police department, nor did they do anything effective. They resigned from a special task force unit that was very recently created, specifically for these riots and these peaceful protesters, in Buffalo . Their resignations are empty bullshit, much like the Mayor’s bullshit condemnations against his police department.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81June 6, 2020 4:03 PM

R80, would you want these guys working in the school system, college degree or not?

by Anonymousreply 82June 6, 2020 4:06 PM

[quote] R80], would you want these guys working in the school system, college degree or not?

The point being they can’t get jobs in the school system because they don’t have college degrees. Not whether or not anyone wants them there.

by Anonymousreply 83June 6, 2020 4:12 PM

Uh-huh. Well, I would like to see them follow their Sears dreams and stay out of the police department. We'd all be much safer.

by Anonymousreply 84June 6, 2020 4:20 PM

Well said R81, and I couldn't agree more. There is an utter lack of accountability. Most mayors are in on the protections, subterfuge, and obfuscation of justice. It all makes them look bad in their feeble minds, so they attempt to downplay it, and sweep the mess under the carpet. I just love how they ate labelling him a "known agitator" or "professional instigator". He's a liberal from Amherst who's been protesting since the sixties: good on him.

I'm surprised they didn't also label him an SJW! It's funny they're left with nothing more than a Nuremberg Defence... this time they cannot spew their white suburban panic defence, as the man is neither black, or threatening in any way, real, or imagined.

by Anonymousreply 85June 6, 2020 4:21 PM

57 thugs whose self esteem is derived from the illusion of holding power over others.

by Anonymousreply 86June 6, 2020 4:32 PM

Good. Fire them. Lay them off for good.

by Anonymousreply 87June 6, 2020 4:42 PM

R76, I believe cops get major discounts per credit in state Unis. For sure, Veterans get to go to college for free, if they can get into whatever college they desire to attend or the ones who will take them. Most cops have served in the armed forces, at least ones over 50 years of age.

A college education has very little to do with being a good, decent, honest and fair person. Certainly has zero to do with constantly educating one’s self, or level of intelligence, or even success. Look at all the authentically well educated, Ivy League grads, or grads from anywhere, who turn out to be HORRIBLE human beings.

Corrupt and bad people were already headed that way, long before they went to college. Some were smart, yet found that cheating was easier. Whether cheating in school, at work, in a marriage, or while in a political office, it suited them for reasons decent folks just do not understand.

The difference between a street criminal, usually, AKA drug addicts (in America, at least), a cop who engages in criminality while on or off duty, and a voted or appointed government official who also engages in criminality on or off the job, is ZERO, in the eyes of real justice founded on Democracy.

The difference is, that if the if drug addict gets sober, and reforms his or her life, becoming a law abiding citizen, he is no longer a criminal.

What’s the motivation behind the guys who went to college, and engage in criminal behaviors, yet may have never done drugs, or did, and stopped? Why do they remain criminals? Because they break laws with impunity, and continue to do so, with the coverups that follow. They are poor in character. College didn’t make them that way, nor did it inhibit their criminal impulses, just like the reformed addict didn’t change his life, because he suddenly went to college, rather than, or AFTER, going to jail. Plenty of addicts who went to college, too, btw., sober or actively addicted.

Persons who experience profound and internal transformations for the better, do so, because they were good (not perfect) people to begin with, and lost their way. They were smart AND humble enough to understand the harm they caused themselves and others, and realized that there is another and better way, and had a deep desire to become a better person, because he or she owed that to themselves, and their families, and communities.

Police and corrupt government officials co-sign each other’s bullshit. They go unchecked for most of their lives, and systemically create cultures that oppress others, in order to remain in positions of relative power, and economically set for life. Just because they went to college,or did not, doesn’t determine their outcomes or legacy.

Ask Richard Nixon’s ghost, and our own, current president. Even Bill Clinton’s cheating ass. They can ALL testify to this: people RARELY change for the better, unless they are caught, and held accountable for their crimes. And even most who are, will remain the same, with no real change.

A rotten apple is a rotten apple, no matter what apple orchard they came from.

The people I have real sympathy for, are the people who have to work or live with these types. They usually remain silent, and some have no other choice, until their spouse is killed or arrested. And I have sympathy for those who are good people, who became addicted to drugs and/or alcohol, and cannot overcome their addictions. They’re not just vulnerable to police brutality, they’re vulnerable to so much more.

Plenty of addicts and alkies whom are of poor character and are undeniably despicable people.

Most of us here know the difference.

by Anonymousreply 88June 6, 2020 5:14 PM

[quote]Buffalo police officers arrested after shoving 75-year-old protester: Sources

And after they were arraigned, a bunch of good apples stood around the Erie County Courthouse applauding them.

By that I mean cheering them on.

by Anonymousreply 89June 6, 2020 6:30 PM

[quote]They didn't even resign their jobs. They have resigned appointments to the Emergency Response Team. Somehow, 57 other useful positions just magically appeared to accommodate these officers? Time for management to eliminate 57 positions altogether.

I don't think they should be fired, aside from the two who were arrested. That would just free them up to cause trouble at the protests until another police force hires them. I think they should be reassigned to the most low-prestige, low-paying desk jobs that have no contact with the public in the whole Buffalo area. Tedious, repetitive work like filing and completing requisition forms for non-essential supplies, with no hope of career advancement, no firearms or any other equipment aside from a badge and uniform, nothing noteworthy to brag about to their admiring fans down at the bar or Denny's. Make the fuckers choose between working in gray depressing hell until retirement or quitting and losing their pensions, health insurance, and unemployment benefits.

by Anonymousreply 90June 6, 2020 6:32 PM

[quote]This video horrified me. None of the officers stopped when they saw he was bleeding. They all walked past him.

Ten years ago, I rode the bus to my previous workplace. I walked about a half a mile from the stop I got off at to my workplace. There was a police station in that area so cops were around quite a bit. People would jog and walk in the area quite a bit. There were a few times I saw cops driving up to people to help people who tripped or fell on sidewalks. The video of those Buffalo cops ignoring that injured man disgusted me.

by Anonymousreply 91June 6, 2020 7:39 PM

Start shooting Nazi cops and this shit ends.

by Anonymousreply 92June 6, 2020 7:55 PM

You can't believe everything you see on a video because it leaves out a lot of what you don't see.

Stop taking what someone with an agenda posts on the Internet is true

by Anonymousreply 93June 6, 2020 8:02 PM

Anyone posted this yet? It’s footage just before the incident. The other protestors are confronting the old guy, who apparently came for “fun”, after he tells them what he plans to do.

DL won’t allow the link so you’ll have to copy paste.

facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3373519599347210&id=100000676084283&_rdr

by Anonymousreply 94June 6, 2020 10:42 PM

linky stinky

by Anonymousreply 95June 6, 2020 10:45 PM

"Those good ones (cops)? They tend to protect the bad ones. "

Why? ' That's one thing I keep asking everywhere, and nobody answers. Why do the good cops protect the bad ones? Why doesn't everyone in the police department want to get rid of the brutes, the trigger-happy, the corrupt, and the sociopaths?

by Anonymousreply 96June 6, 2020 11:05 PM

It’s a brotherhood among cops. They are consumed by the job. Years ago I worked with a woman who was married to a cop. She was bored shitless by him and all his friends. All they did was have “cop talks” as she called them.

by Anonymousreply 97June 6, 2020 11:22 PM

Sorry r95. DL won’t let me post. It’s under a facebook user named Bill Scritch. It’s about 2 minutes long. The video is very clear though the conversation can sound a bit garbled.

by Anonymousreply 98June 6, 2020 11:59 PM

JFC R61, r81 and r88!

You are a very verbose individual.

This is a message board, not a novel board.

by Anonymousreply 99June 7, 2020 1:07 AM

Agreed, R99. I don't read any screed that long. R61/R81/R88 seems to think she's writing for The New Yorker.

by Anonymousreply 100June 7, 2020 1:38 AM

Oh no! I went on DL and found that someone wrote something I refused to read because it was too lengthy for my delicate eyes, yet I chose to bitch and complain, though I didn’t have to read it, and indeed, did not!!!!

by Anonymousreply 101June 7, 2020 2:33 AM

No, R101, after the first lengthy paragraph, one can decide whether it's worth reading further.

It's not the length of the post, but the number of times a verbose poster posts at great length.

Again, it's not The New Yorker.

by Anonymousreply 102June 7, 2020 2:49 AM

If 57 white guys get up and leave all at once in ANY circumstance the smart thing to do is to run in the other direction.

by Anonymousreply 103June 7, 2020 2:53 AM

R100/R102 No he doesn't, you simply said so. He makes excellent points, and he's passionate about the subject. That's appealing to some of us. Furthermore, his commentary is poignant, and timely.

You both come off as being quite tone deaf in lieu of present circumstances. It's not a "TLDR" for many of us who responded to or commented on his remarks. If you're just taking a stab at being cunty, try again.

by Anonymousreply 104June 7, 2020 3:42 AM

[quote]We need to remember that the vast vast vast majority are good and protect us. Without them we will be in a lot of pain.

...and with them we will be choked to death, or sucker punched into a coma.

Get the fuck out of here with you cop fellating, nobody here buys that horse shit!

by Anonymousreply 105June 7, 2020 3:51 AM

Cops stick together because they are straight, white pussies, who need a mob to tel them what to do, and what to think because they are weaklings without a fucking brain. everybody knows that.

What these cement heads have done is put bullseyes on the backs of every cop in America, so when you hear of a cop getting killed in the line of duty, for whatever reason, don't give a shit. I don't. I see them in the paper and think, "One less shitty criminal on the streets sucking from the public tit".

Thank God for cell phone videos exposing the nazi-like police state most black people and apparently some white people live in. Fuck cops! Fuck the PIGS!

by Anonymousreply 106June 7, 2020 4:05 AM

R54, that picture is sickening. Blood coming out of your ear means you are bleeding inside your head. He's lucky he's alive.

by Anonymousreply 107June 7, 2020 4:37 AM

The cop is also lucky the old man is alive.

That what's gets me, killing or injuring someone in broad daylight, on camera, is not only utterly vile and illegal... it's monumentally stupid! Kill or injure someone on broad daylight, on camera, and your career is over at best - if not your freedom or your life! Why the hell do they do it.

by Anonymousreply 108June 7, 2020 5:15 AM

So what are they going to do with their h.s. diplomas and GED's during this mass unemployment? Start selling their ass? Drugs?

"So... you quit your $25.00/hr. job without notice?"

by Anonymousreply 109June 7, 2020 5:21 AM

I hope none of them will ever get their pension.

by Anonymousreply 110June 7, 2020 6:12 AM

If that old man dies in the hospital or in the next couple months, those cops are going to be tried for manslaughter!

by Anonymousreply 111June 7, 2020 6:25 AM

The cop(s) didn't push the old man THAT hard and one wouldn't think a push would lead to death - so if the dies it's manslaughter at most. However, the failure to help him is quite damning. All clearly on camera.

by Anonymousreply 112June 7, 2020 10:57 AM

If you're interested in boycotting Buffalo based businesses until they leave (it's not like there's many left):

M&T Bank

Rich Foods: Carvel, SeaPak, CoffeeRich

NewEra Caps

Sorrento Cheese

Tesla, General Mills, Labatts all have major production facilities as well.

Write to their Corporate Communications departments and them you will boycott them until they disavow the Buffalo Police Department and statements made by the Mayor. CC the government and news media. Make them poor(er).

by Anonymousreply 113June 7, 2020 11:02 AM

Yes, do what R113 says. It's unbelievably easy to boycott Buffalo. It's not like you're going there anyway, so join in. Support the cause. Boycott Buffalo!

by Anonymousreply 114June 7, 2020 11:57 AM

But, but...wings!

by Anonymousreply 115June 7, 2020 12:06 PM

R4: I've worked with a bunch of cops in my career. Most of them had retired from the force but also knew quite few cops that were still employed as cops. Here's what I'll tell you about the cops I've met - most are horn dogs. Seriously. One chief of staff where once worked was a former cop. His web history was shall we say interesting. He was a white guy, he was searching for big black beautiful women, places to hook up etc.

The I.T. unit all knew about it.

by Anonymousreply 116June 7, 2020 12:18 PM

Horndogs? How about pedos looking to hook up with a 14 year old boy?

And he was the Chief. With the emphasis on "was."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 7, 2020 12:35 PM

The Buffalo cops won't be able to talk their way out of what they did to the elderly man. It was captured on 2 cameras. There is footage shot from the side angle by a person who was either standing in the street or across the street.

The cops can't spin it any longer that the old man was "an agitator. " We now know that he was trying to hand a lost helmet and cell phone to the cop who beat him.

I hadn't seen the blood before. It's horrific.

I've seen the NYC ERT milling around waiting to do training exercise and talked to one of the guys. He was a total ass just like 98% of the copsI've dealt with in NYC. But the ERT really get off by wearing their black Road Warrior garb and holding automatic weapons.

by Anonymousreply 118June 7, 2020 12:38 PM

That 75 year old man is going to bankrupt the city of Buffalo when he files his civil suit against the police department.

There is more than one way to defund the police.

by Anonymousreply 119June 7, 2020 12:41 PM

Here's the other angle. It starts at 1:15

Any shove of a senior, no matter how strong or not, could result in catastrophic injuries. Most seniors have brittle bones and poor balance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120June 7, 2020 12:44 PM

R120, that’s a third camera angle.

I’ve seen two others so far, not that one yet.

by Anonymousreply 121June 7, 2020 1:21 PM

cunts

by Anonymousreply 122June 7, 2020 1:22 PM

Do you all think anyone who wants to be in law enforcement should have a degree or it doesn't matter?

by Anonymousreply 123June 7, 2020 8:58 PM

Stupid-ass BS mayor going around saying the cops asked the 75 year old to leave many times before the incident.

by Anonymousreply 124June 7, 2020 9:41 PM

R123, most police agencies require college. The NYPD for one, if you can believe that.

by Anonymousreply 125June 7, 2020 10:28 PM

[quote]The cop(s) didn't push the old man THAT hard and one wouldn't think a push would lead to death -

That is the dumbest thing you've posted today.

by Anonymousreply 126June 8, 2020 1:17 AM

That's the dumbest thing anyone's posted today.

by Anonymousreply 127June 8, 2020 1:27 AM

[quote]but I have to believe that the majority are good.

Why do you "have to believe" something that hasn't shown itself to be true? Cops have been escalating violence all over the US this past week, not just in Buffalo. My Twitter feed is full of assault after assault on peaceful protesters, and those are just the ones someone managed to film. "The majority" of them were out in the streets teargassing, beating, kicking, throwing bikes at, groping, and even horseback trampling protesters.

by Anonymousreply 128June 8, 2020 7:42 AM

[quote]but I have to believe that the majority are good.

Why do you "have to believe" something that hasn't shown itself to be true? Cops have been escalating violence all over the US this past week, not just in Buffalo. My Twitter feed is full of assault after assault on peaceful protesters, and those are just the ones someone managed to film. "The majority" of them were out in the streets teargassing, beating, kicking, throwing bikes at, groping, and even horseback trampling protesters.

by Anonymousreply 129June 8, 2020 7:42 AM

[quote]The cop(s) didn't push the old man THAT hard and one wouldn't think a push would lead to death

It was hard enough to knock him off balance and wasn't necessary in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 130June 8, 2020 8:10 AM

Remember that story from a few years ago where a guy applied to the police force and they denied him for being "too smart" that alone tells you that the police force wants dumb thugs who will obey without question.

by Anonymousreply 131June 8, 2020 10:28 AM

r131 Your entry brought to mind the following:

In the first reincarnation of "The Twilight Zone" there is an episode entitled 'Examination Day.' Set in a dystopian future where all children are intelligence tested and then dealt with accordingly, two parents agonize over their son while awaiting test results. They are contacted by a governmental agency and informed the boy has tested too high above the allowable limits, and how should they dispose of the body.

Unthinkable, or shades of things to come?

by Anonymousreply 132June 8, 2020 1:57 PM

[quote] The majority" of them were out in the streets teargassing, beating, kicking, throwing bikes at, groping, and even horseback trampling protesters.

I don’t know nuthin bout that.

by Anonymousreply 133June 8, 2020 3:25 PM

Trump has weighed in. He believes that it was a set up, because the old man appears to fall too fast.

That's where we are.

by Anonymousreply 134June 9, 2020 1:46 PM

Trump tweet this morning:

Buffalo protester shoved by Police could be an ANTIFA provocateur. 75 year old Martin Gugino was pushed away after appearing to scan police communications in order to black out the equipment. @OANN I watched, he fell harder than was pushed. Was aiming scanner. Could be a set up?

by Anonymousreply 135June 9, 2020 1:59 PM

Is he even trying to win re-election at this point? That might be his worst tweet ever.

by Anonymousreply 136June 9, 2020 2:04 PM

Big majorities support protests over Floyd killing and say police need to change, poll finds

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137June 9, 2020 2:10 PM

I always thought cops were such hypocrites when they would complain about the "no snitching" mentality in "certain" communities. Cops are the biggest "no snitching" advocates around. Good cops can't exist in an environment that enforces and condones a code of silence that protects colleagues bad behavior.

I also notice that in many cases when citizens are seriously injured or killed the police aren't using standard restraining techniques in their attempts to subdue people. Shoving, roundhouse punches, strangulation, etc. aren't techniques I believe these officers were taught at the academy.

by Anonymousreply 138June 9, 2020 2:36 PM

[quote]57 Buffalo officers resign

And 37 Helens agree to piss on their graves.

by Anonymousreply 139June 9, 2020 2:38 PM

The Nuremberg defense ONLY didn't work at Nuremberg. It worked just fine when American soldiers were put on trial for the My Lai massacre

by Anonymousreply 140June 9, 2020 2:41 PM

The Hill:

Trump claims 75-year-old man shoved by Buffalo police could be part of 'set up'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141June 9, 2020 2:50 PM

Yes, the man cracking his skull was a "set-up"

by Anonymousreply 142June 9, 2020 2:52 PM

And then he ran into my knife. He ran into my knife ten times.

by Anonymousreply 143June 9, 2020 2:53 PM

Yet the police still said he "tripped and fell"

by Anonymousreply 144June 9, 2020 2:54 PM

Just a distraction from the fact that we're in a recession

by Anonymousreply 145June 9, 2020 2:54 PM

Not a very effective one for someone out of work.

Knocking over an old man, putting him in critical condition, doesn’t create any jobs.

I hope it causes a few Buffalo cops and the shitstains in DC to lose theirs, though.

by Anonymousreply 146June 9, 2020 4:15 PM

Cuomo really laid into Trump at his press conference this morning over that tweet.

by Anonymousreply 147June 9, 2020 5:54 PM

Let's have a young cop shove Pee Brain really hard onto a concrete sidewalk and see how quickly he falls.

by Anonymousreply 148June 9, 2020 5:59 PM

This is just steadily escalating with these stupid comments. R126/R127 Trump has said almost verbatim what R112 typed. They really know how to dig their own graves, don't they?

by Anonymousreply 149June 9, 2020 7:33 PM

Alas, you can't tip over a sphere no matter how hard you push, R148. He'd just roll like a beach ball.

by Anonymousreply 150June 10, 2020 1:09 AM

Reuters:

Minneapolis police chief breaks off talks with officer union

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151June 10, 2020 3:52 PM

These officers should resign as well...

Chicago Tribune: Chicago police made coffee and popcorn in US Rep. Bobby Rush’s office while shopping plaza was being looted, he says

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152June 11, 2020 8:34 PM

Rush was a Black Panther? I like him even more now.

by Anonymousreply 153June 11, 2020 8:41 PM

Cops have a special d eal where they don't get Social Security or Medicare. So pensions are important.

by Anonymousreply 154June 18, 2020 9:36 PM

R154 here. I worked in local gov't. and knew cops and what their ambition was was to get 20 in and qualify for a pension, then leave and get another safer less stressful job for another 20. That wa the dream.

by Anonymousreply 155June 18, 2020 9:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!