Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Breaking: 57 members of Baltimore emergency response team resign.

The whole team resigned in response to the 2 members who were suspended in the incident pushing the elderly man to the sidewalk.

I guess more news will come out as this evolves. But in my opinion, if they all feel like that, good riddance. Law enforcement has gone too far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 8, 2020 3:36 PM

Read and share

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2020 9:05 PM

OP, Baltimore?

SMH.

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2020 9:06 PM

BUFFALO!

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2020 9:07 PM

Buffalo, Baltimore, Tomato, To-mah-to, let's call the whole shithole off.

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2020 9:08 PM

Sorry R2, R3, got my b cities mixed up, thanks for clearing it up.

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2020 9:09 PM

It has been discussed in the main thread for ages already Ethan. Let it go.

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2020 9:11 PM

I've got a hankering for some Baltimore wings for dinner!

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2020 9:20 PM

The police are starting to push back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 6, 2020 1:01 PM

R8, of course bull shit character assassination will only make us hate the police more.

It doesn’t matter what his back ground was, it has no bearing on why the police man sat on his neck and killed him.

Furthermore, the policeman himself had a number of accusations against him. That’s more relevant here

by Anonymousreply 9June 6, 2020 1:09 PM

[quote]The union chief vowed that his organization would help the cop accused of killing Floyd, now-fired Officer Derek Chauvin, and three other officers who were at the scene and are being investigated.

This is why Unions need to go. They protect the bad workers, in every profession. I don’t understand why Democrats don’t get this.

by Anonymousreply 10June 6, 2020 1:14 PM

Two of the officers now say that they didn't resign from the response team in solidarity - they only did it because the Union wouldn't legally back them.

The officers we spoke with said the Buffalo Police Benevolent Association’s statement asserting all 57 officers resigned from ERT in a "show of support” with the two officers that were suspended without pay is not true.

“I don’t understand why the union said it’s a thing of solidarity. I think it sends the wrong message that ‘we’re backing our own’ and that’s not the case,” said one officer with whom we spoke.

“We quit because our union said [they] aren’t legally backing us anymore. So why would we stand on a line for the City with no legal backing if something [were to] happen? Has nothing to do with us supporting,” said another.

“The City, DA Flynn, they’re not representing those guys at all. They have to find their own lawyers, they have to come out of pocket.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 8, 2020 2:10 AM

They didn’t resign from the police force, they just resigned from the stormtrooper militarized group.

by Anonymousreply 12June 8, 2020 6:04 AM

They resigned because if they were later sued for brutality, they would not get representation through their jobs.

by Anonymousreply 13June 8, 2020 3:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!