Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is wrong with the Police? Seriously.

They’re seriously acting psychotic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 5, 2020 11:34 PM

Black folks and others who have been actively involved in civil rights and protest movements know this is NOTHING new, the difference is it's getting documented and shared more frequently right now. Imagine the hundreds of incidents you NEVER see and which get buried, covered up and ignored.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2020 8:43 PM

What led up to that, OP?

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2020 8:44 PM

Those individual cops need to die. There is no reason for that. They get off on their "power."

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2020 8:46 PM

What's happening is we are questioning their AUTHORiTAHHHH

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2020 8:49 PM

There is absolutely nothing wrong with them. Sure, “Roxanne” was a little overrated but “Every Breath You Take” is a classic.

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2020 8:51 PM

The problem is I Can't Breathe when the Police are watching Every Breath I Take.

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2020 9:00 PM

Marry me, r5!

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2020 9:00 PM

LOL, R5.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2020 9:15 PM

[quote]What led up to that, OP?

Maybe the protesters were disrespecting the police. Oinking perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2020 9:17 PM

Diversity training can be effectively only if the learner has an open mind. If a person won't even try to be open-minded, then it's virtually impossible to make him/her more sympathetic towards certain types of people. One study showed that the most successful method for lowering police shootings was to introduce the administrative consequence of a lot of red tape. Basically, cops are less trigger happy if, as a result of firing their gun, they have to fill out six hours' worth of paper work.

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2020 9:21 PM

Monday: pigs giving black people a beat down.

Friday: pigs giving white people a beat down.

It's progress, right?

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2020 9:27 PM

They need to start getting their asses handed to them.

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2020 9:51 PM

R11 - they keep their Thursdays reserved for senior citizens.

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2020 10:16 PM

Rednecks...I actually found blue collar people in Vegas incredibly rude. I recall an older lady and her daughter asking an officer once for directions...obviously the two ladies were tourists and as polite as could be with a smile and the officer glared at them and pointed in their faces and said "go away". Made you proud to be an American that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2020 10:19 PM

Ugh. Look at them here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2020 10:51 PM

The police have always been terrible and violent assholes. The only differences now is they have more Blue Lives Matters groupies who constantly lick their dicks, 95% of them are in steroids, white supramcists have taken over and now more people can film them. Cell phones. Fewer Bigfoot sightings, way more police brutality.

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2020 10:57 PM

I was alive to see the police riot in Chicago...they are scary.

by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2020 11:00 PM

But aren’t the protesters all hoping to be dead and go to heaven? rump said today that George Floyd is really stoked to be dead.

by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2020 11:06 PM

R16, my name is Darryl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2020 11:24 PM

One good unintended consequence of all this horror is that it's suddenly much easier for police departments to get rid of some of their Bad Apples. The ones who like police brutality, and who are stupid enough to get violent in an atmosphere of public disapproval and with cameras everywhere, are doing to be fired because the usual protections are no longer in place. And in areas where there are some decent people at the top of the chain of command, or at least ones who know which way the wind is blowing, there is going to be pressure to get rid of the bad ones, the ones with potential to cause scandals and who might damage the mayor's career.

Of course the smart bad cops won't be caught out, but I doubt many of them are smart.

by Anonymousreply 20June 5, 2020 11:25 PM

Damn some of those cops are dumb. Everyone is watching them so you would think they'd be on their best behavior.

by Anonymousreply 21June 5, 2020 11:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!