Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Woman who sang to a cop as she got arrested goes viral

People are making remixes of it. It’s pretty funny.

PS the cop looks like he wants to laugh. And is it just me or is he sexy as hell???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2020 10:09 PM

Her and Donald Glover have the same midsection.

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2020 8:18 PM

LOL, OP, I will admit, I thought, "He is pretty hot, though." He doesn't appear to be abusing her, but I have no idea what went on before or after this video.

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2020 8:20 PM

She is just saying he will lose his job for arresting her with no reason.

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2020 8:21 PM

She's awesome!

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2020 8:28 PM

That’s funny as hell!

I love my black brothers and sisters. Even in the most dire times, African Americans create music, comedy, and know when to laugh at themselves instead of denigrating others constantly.

I know that we all have issues, and I also know that some of our biggest issues were created during childhood, and that most of us weren’t given alternative ways of looking at the world, when growing up in authoritarian and dysfunctional households. I understand why we are where we are today.

However, once we start getting into adulthood and start venturing out, and eventually, leave our childhood homes, it is incumbent upon each of us to question ourselves and ask: “Do I think this way because I was taught to think this way, or do I actually believe these things?”

Don’t look outside of yourself when answering this question, because as an adult, the answers are now pretty ingrained in YOU.

This goes for all of us. Regardless of race or background.

Around here, in the south, I see a legacy of illogical and irrational thinking, in both blacks and whites, but when it comes to racism, it is overwhelmingly carried by white folks, and unless young adults move away from the places that shaped them, it will remain as such, because changing is harder than remaining the same.

Now, imagine growing up in these authoritarian households, where racism may have been a characteristic regularly engaged in, within that household, and then you decide to become a cop. You may have moved away from home, bought your own home, and started your own family. Yet you just went from one racist dynamic, to another, and went with the flow, because... why not?

Unfortunately, the desire to remain comfortable, and not look inside and ask one’s self important questions about one’s TRUE values, have real life consequences that no one, including minorities, unlawful or lawful, are responsible for nor are they responsible for presenting these questions or providing their answers.

Law Enforcement in America have REFUSED to change, because they have refused to become their own persons, and grow up.

It is NOT NORMAL to kneel on a man’s neck for 10 minutes, just because you are OK with being an asshole, as is your wife, or your coworkers. Just because everyone else participates in unjustifiable homicide, does not mean that you should, as well.

We need to start hiring different types of people in law enforcement. The problem is, that the men and women who would make great law enforcement officers, reject the culture and the unspoken values that are held behind the blue line.

If we want this to change, we are going to have to reform the entire system, and cut out the bad apples. We have to make it uncomfortable for people with authoritarian and control issues, who favor violence over diplomacy to become cops.

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2020 8:41 PM

This is pretty funny

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2020 9:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2020 10:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!