Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let’s Be Frau Atrocities

I’m the antique (she calls me “vintage”) dresser, that was perfectly functional and pleasing to the eye after a little Pledge® cleaning, that she decided would look much better sanded down and painted in a bright turquoise. She fancies herself something of an Interior Designer... I can’t say I agree.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 6, 2020 11:44 AM

My mother had a neighbor who was an “interior designer” and she had shit like this. She was also fond of leopard print upholstery on Queen Anne chairs and modern bookshelves and sheepskin throws.

I’m not opposed to painting over hopelessly damaged finishes, if they’re like this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2020 5:29 PM

My grandmuva has that dresser in her foyer, OP. How dare you?!

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2020 5:38 PM

I don't mind it at all. I want one this color.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2020 5:44 PM

I'm one in Chartreuse. But how the hell did I get out here in this field?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2020 5:46 PM

R4 hideousness

by Anonymousreply 5June 6, 2020 12:30 AM

Most of these pieces are mass produced turn of the century stuff that was cheap when new . I think it looks way better painted. I wouldnt do that to a mahogany George III piece,but for this stuff its fine.

by Anonymousreply 6June 6, 2020 1:16 AM

My dearest Bratleigh literally CRIED when she saw this one so I guess it’s a keeper. Sorry, fans, but I’ll have some other beauties for sale shortly!

It was soooo precious! She just barely managed to choke out, “Oh mama, Jesus literally gave me the BESTEST mama in the whole wide world, mama!!”

I am literally SOBBING! Video going up shortly so get your snot rags ready, ladies! LOLOLOLOL!

#proudmama #blessed #gratitude #mamalife

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 6, 2020 1:38 AM

My cousin sets up a "harvest scene" in their front yard every year...cornhusk scarecrows, faux flowers, a "Harvest" stenciled sign, and requisite bales of hay. They live on a busy street and she loves getting compliments on it from the neighbours. When I used to fly home at Thanksgiving, I'd always stop by her house to catch up, and I knew she'd expect a compliment on that year's harvest scene. I made the mistake of asking one year where she got the decorations, and she replied, "Would you believe it's all from the Dollar Tree? Except the hay bales, of course. But don't tell!" It makes her happy, so whatever. (Tried to attach a stock pic, but it won't attach.)

by Anonymousreply 8June 6, 2020 11:18 AM

Does she burn pumpkin spice candles, r8?

by Anonymousreply 9June 6, 2020 11:20 AM

Of course she does, R9! The candles bring the essence of the hideous harvest scene indoors, so that it's an inescapable event of the senses.

I wish I could attach this ridiculous example I found on Pinterest, but DL is not having it at the moment. Anyway, if you Google "Pinterest harvest scene decorations," there's a virtual cornucopia of ones to see. My cousin's could be much worse, now that I've seen some of those.

by Anonymousreply 10June 6, 2020 11:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!