Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

D.C. Mayor Paints Giant 'Black Lives Matter' Street Mural Near White House

Brilliant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 8, 2020 5:18 AM

Yaaaasssss! Do it, Sista!

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2020 3:38 PM

Good to see.

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2020 3:42 PM

I just hope she didn’t use taxpayers time or paint for that. You know it will be “looked into” by the Bunker Boy.

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2020 3:43 PM

And I fucking hope she DID.

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2020 3:46 PM

Bunker boy is a loser. He had so many chances. Never has a bigger loser walked the earth.

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2020 3:46 PM

Thank you, Mayor Bowser!

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2020 3:46 PM

And, to be clear, I meant my post to be in STRONG support of the D.C. Mayor as I think it is a GOOD use of tax funds. Stop being so fearful of the reaction of white supremacists. 2020 has been awful, but this might be the beginning of us turning a corner.

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2020 3:47 PM

Beautifully done/realized - I can just imagine the mess, if this had been done here in England.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2020 3:49 PM

BLM are already thumbing their noses at it per the article. WTF do you ppl want???

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2020 3:51 PM

I prefer "Bunker Bitch" over "Bunker Boy."

Bunker Boy is too nice.

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2020 3:51 PM

I'm so done with this particular moral panic. Democrats can't help but make asses out of themselves in public. At least they've let up on the fucking masks.

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2020 3:52 PM

Thanks for chiming in, Boris/R11.

Now please go the fuck away. Nobody actually gives a fuck what you think.

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2020 3:55 PM

[quote]Nobody actually gives a fuck what you think.

Speak for yourself.

Differing views are interesting.

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2020 3:58 PM

[quote] Differing views are interesting.

R11 is not a point of view. It's just trolling.

by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2020 3:59 PM

I'm surprised she didn't paint "Sponsored by Muriel Bowser", as she seems to enjoy the attention.

by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2020 4:01 PM

R12 - While Russia's information war is very real and a legitimate threat, I kind hate this default assumption that every racist, xenophobic or divisive thing posted on here is courtesy of a Russian troll farm. In this particular case it may very well be, but let's also be real, although they're starting to die off (thank God), there are still PLENTY of racist, xenophobic, shit-stirring, hyper-conservative Americans. And, yes, unfortunately, some of them are gay, too.

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2020 4:04 PM

Russian troll bot is the new bigot. When the shoe fits, you're one. Doesn't matter if you're male, female, white, black, American, Russian, gay, straight, bi, trans, etc.

by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2020 4:18 PM

Absolutely love it!

by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2020 4:30 PM

If she used City workers, did anyone check the spelling?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2020 4:52 PM

Fucking brilliant. Love it. Anyone who thinks different can go choke themselves in their fucking Klan robes.

by Anonymousreply 20June 5, 2020 4:54 PM

Or in DL's case, their Klan Kaftans, R20?

by Anonymousreply 21June 5, 2020 5:18 PM

Purposeful, and actually pretty hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 22June 5, 2020 5:20 PM

She did that all by herself?

by Anonymousreply 23June 5, 2020 5:45 PM

Angry Bethesda Biker is going to be so pissed! He'll have to find more children to assault.

by Anonymousreply 24June 5, 2020 5:48 PM

Mayor Bowser just officially renamed the section of 16th street in front of the White House “Black Lives Matter Plaza."

by Anonymousreply 25June 5, 2020 5:50 PM

Cringey.

by Anonymousreply 26June 5, 2020 7:37 PM

R25 - I thought you were joking, but, damn, she actually did it. That is so cool. Yes, I know this doesn't suddenly end systemic racism or reform police brutality. But symbolism matters as well. And, damn, Trump must be fucking livid. Well done, Madame Mayor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 5, 2020 8:20 PM

How performative.

by Anonymousreply 28June 5, 2020 8:22 PM

I love this backlash on trump. First order to remove the military troops from D.C., and now the street painting and plaza renamed. I hope this happens all over the country.

by Anonymousreply 29June 5, 2020 8:40 PM

The DC National Guard will be on some of the streets. But totally unarmed.

by Anonymousreply 30June 5, 2020 8:53 PM

“You’re terrible, Muriel!” She’s outstanding at trolling Bunker Boy and standing up to his bullshit. Black lesbian mayors do not play!

by Anonymousreply 31June 5, 2020 10:28 PM

Is this our Muriel?

by Anonymousreply 32June 5, 2020 10:47 PM

Dems should declare a moratorium on taking any actions based on how they think it will make TRUMP feel.

by Anonymousreply 33June 5, 2020 10:59 PM

BLM Plaza!!

by Anonymousreply 34June 5, 2020 11:10 PM

Parking signs being replaced outside White House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 5, 2020 11:42 PM

Is the world going to fall apart when people drive on it and walk on it?

by Anonymousreply 36June 5, 2020 11:53 PM

I know this is not an actual satellite image, but just shopped to show you the placement and scale of the actual street painting, but, it's still damn satisfying to see. (Click through to see the annotation for The White House)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 6, 2020 2:21 AM

The inevitable flood of tears and Facebook rants from triggered conservatives warms my heart.

by Anonymousreply 38June 6, 2020 3:19 AM

"... although they're starting to die off (thank God), there are still PLENTY of racist, xenophobic, shit-stirring, hyper-conservative Americans. "

Still plenty and always will be. It just takes someone like Trump to bring them out.

by Anonymousreply 39June 7, 2020 5:07 PM

[quote] although they're starting to die off

They're not dying off.

Read the news on any given day, and you'll see that racism is alive and well in the younger generations.

by Anonymousreply 40June 7, 2020 6:25 PM

The thing is that the group of actual bigots gets smaller and smaller with each generation, because children and teenagers of bigot families get exposed to what they are supposed to hate and find things to appreciate about them and, with a support system in place, turn their backs on their bigot blood relatives. Just like gay teens do when they find a loving support system outside their homophobic families.

Religion with their colleges, and other means of conditioning impressionable teens, will be gone within the third or fourth coming generation.

The future is bright, but we just can't see it past our own.

by Anonymousreply 41June 7, 2020 6:35 PM

Sorry, The future is bright, but we just can't see beyond our own.

by Anonymousreply 42June 7, 2020 6:38 PM

There are plenty of bigots and generation Z

by Anonymousreply 43June 7, 2020 8:36 PM

In Gen Z

by Anonymousreply 44June 7, 2020 8:36 PM

Rep. John Lewis at BLM Plaza. Powerful stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 8, 2020 5:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!