Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump's gloating on TV now

The jobs report.

Hopefully a reporter will make him blow a gasket.

by Anonymousreply 128June 6, 2020 8:18 PM

Fuck him. Not watching

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2020 2:34 PM

Christ, you throw a trillion dollars at something and are suprised when you get a bump? I fucking hate him.

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2020 2:36 PM

"Doing well with cures, tremendous progress."

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2020 2:37 PM

Who are the goons with him?

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2020 2:39 PM

tRump never believed Obama's employment numbers, so why should we start believing his NOW?

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2020 2:39 PM

Gloating about the national guard going into Minneapolis and shutting things down. Did they not tell him protests are still happening while he's been hiding in his bunker?

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2020 2:40 PM

He is singing "a gift from China."

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2020 2:40 PM

China plague?

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2020 2:41 PM

Is r3 a direct quote?

Shit, why am I even fucking asking?

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2020 2:41 PM

“A ‘V’, a ‘U’, an ‘L’....”

Bitch is playing Wheel of Fortune

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2020 2:42 PM

Who is this woman with the glasses and red lipstick standing beside him who appears to be enjoying his babbling?

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2020 2:49 PM

I'd say this too-early victory march will come back to haunt him once the true economic effects of the pandemic sink in, but nothing matters to his cultists.

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2020 2:49 PM

13.3% unemployment is still very high.

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2020 2:50 PM

Looks like CBS cut away from him. Is he still babbling?

by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2020 2:51 PM

CNN not covering, MSNBC cut away, hahahaha

by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2020 2:53 PM

r9

Yes, direct quote.

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2020 2:53 PM

And CNN did not televise it, and MSNBC pulled away when he went into his political screed. Finally media is learning how to cover him. If he says something significant, show it. If he rants and lies, don't engage the drama.

by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2020 2:54 PM

19 million people are still out of work and he’s celebrating. Truly shows how dire his re-election situation is that THIS is something he needs to float over in a press conference. America is so doomed.

by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2020 2:55 PM

I had to watch on Canadian TV, lol - None of the U.S. stations was broadcasting Trump. lol

by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2020 2:56 PM

"The greatest comeback in American history!"

by Anonymousreply 20June 5, 2020 2:57 PM

[quote]I had to watch on Canadian TV, lol

Why did you have to watch at all?

by Anonymousreply 21June 5, 2020 2:58 PM

Is pigeon whore there?

by Anonymousreply 22June 5, 2020 3:00 PM

I watch for the dysfunction, mainly r21. He's getting ratings allright but for the wrong reasons.

by Anonymousreply 23June 5, 2020 3:01 PM

CBSN and c-span, c-span.org usually don't cut away.

by Anonymousreply 24June 5, 2020 3:03 PM

Sarah Cooper is furiously taking notes to prepare for her spoof video later today.

by Anonymousreply 25June 5, 2020 3:04 PM

Never misses an opportunity to bandy about his "empty cupboards" lie.

by Anonymousreply 26June 5, 2020 3:09 PM

Trump notes that the virus is dangerous to people who are “heavy” and then says how grateful he is that he is in “perfect shape.”

by Anonymousreply 27June 5, 2020 3:11 PM

He's going to buy an RV and travel the country and drive back to New York in it with the First LadyWhore.

His base eats this kind of shit up.

by Anonymousreply 28June 5, 2020 3:12 PM

this will actually help him. some people are so demented they are desperate for ANY reason to vote for him again.

by Anonymousreply 29June 5, 2020 3:13 PM

I’m waiting for my takeout breakfast and they have Fuckx News on

by Anonymousreply 30June 5, 2020 3:17 PM

R29 Minimally help... those desperate to vote for him are sill part of the 40-43 % Will make his support closer to 43 than 40.

But the actual performance, his presence... will assure that the momentum against his re-election holds. What he said right now about George Floyd and the protests:

“Hopefully, George is looking down right and saying this is a great thing that’s happening for our country. It’s a great day for him, it’s a great day for everybody.”

by Anonymousreply 31June 5, 2020 3:20 PM

He’s going to get re-elected. We are fucked.

When will the Democratic Party learn what is important to Americans? We love having perceived choices, perceived freedom from government, perceived equality (no special benefits to any one demographic). Until we put a coherent, likable candidate who shares those beliefs, we are going to be stuck with shit heads like trump.

by Anonymousreply 32June 5, 2020 3:22 PM

Saw on Twitter where Trump said "If George [Floyd] is looking down, I'm sure he's very proud of what we've accomplished" (paraphrased). What the actual fuck?!?

by Anonymousreply 33June 5, 2020 3:24 PM

[quote] Trump notes that the virus is dangerous to people who are “heavy” and then says how grateful he is that he is in “perfect shape.”

He didn't really say that, did he?

by Anonymousreply 34June 5, 2020 3:25 PM

Yes he did, R34.

by Anonymousreply 35June 5, 2020 3:26 PM

As others have noted, all those posters claiming Trump was done for and what an easy win it will be for Biden -- are all Russian trolls. Don't take anything for granted. GET OUT AND VOTE!

by Anonymousreply 36June 5, 2020 3:28 PM

One of the first rules of Presidential politics is that one never celebrates sudden stock market jumps or employment numbers, particularly during such volatile times.

Without a general consensus of continued improvement future inevitable drops in the market will come back to bite him. And as for unemployment numbers, imagine what they’ll be next month when the PPP is finished.

He’ll be eviscerated when things inevitably turn ugly again.

by Anonymousreply 37June 5, 2020 3:29 PM

[quote] no special benefits to any one demographic

What the fuck are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 38June 5, 2020 3:30 PM

Yes R36! We are going to have a tough battle. Even the fucking nyt is working against us! They can’t stop bringing Biden down. He is what we have, so we have to build him up to be the second coming.

by Anonymousreply 39June 5, 2020 3:31 PM

[quote] What the fuck are you talking about?

the perception of equality

by Anonymousreply 40June 5, 2020 3:32 PM

I just got up and read "gasket" as "casket", and now I'm disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 41June 5, 2020 3:33 PM

[quote] Is pigeon whore there?

Pigeon-HEADED whore

by Anonymousreply 42June 5, 2020 3:34 PM

[quote] the perception of equality

This answers nothing.

What special benefits do Democrats give to certain groups?

You know, as opposed to Republicans who give away the farm to the white and the rich.

by Anonymousreply 43June 5, 2020 3:36 PM

No, PHWKM was not there. I guess that means she'll have her own Lie-a-thon later this afternoon to further chant his mantras.

by Anonymousreply 44June 5, 2020 3:36 PM

VairstLeddy is running FEMA.

by Anonymousreply 45June 5, 2020 3:38 PM

Agree, R39.

by Anonymousreply 46June 5, 2020 3:39 PM

God the financial press are idiots. The PPP (payroll protection program) program is the reason for the decrease in unemployment, not any economic activity. The many hundreds of millions of dollars of aid started flowing in late april putting people back on payrolls for 2 months (not necessarily back to work, just back on payroll.)

That program is now tapped out and most of those people are going to be back off paroll when it ends.

by Anonymousreply 47June 5, 2020 3:40 PM

R26: Maybe Orange It will drop the "empty cupboards" line once we start calling him "Old Mother Hubbard."

by Anonymousreply 48June 5, 2020 3:44 PM

R45, yes! You see my FEMA meeting? I wear new Manolo Blahnik! Is going to be best hurc.. harric... storm season ever!

by Anonymousreply 49June 5, 2020 3:46 PM

PHWKM sounded out is "Fuck him."

by Anonymousreply 50June 5, 2020 3:54 PM

Gloating about what exactly? Over 100,000 people dead? Hiding in the bunker like a little cowardly bitch? His former defense secretary publicly turning against him?

by Anonymousreply 51June 5, 2020 4:00 PM

Hey Fatass!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 5, 2020 4:00 PM

R37 the unemployment situation this time around was very different from 2008. We're looking at a market shock, which generally have quicker recoveries.

by Anonymousreply 53June 5, 2020 4:04 PM

R45 I'm surprised that more isn't being made of Varist Letty running FEMA hurricane meetings. I mean, what the actual fuck????

I can only imagine the right wing heads exploding if Michelle Obama had run a FEMA meeting while her husband was hiding in a bunker... (which we all know would've never happened because the Obama Administration was run by competent, sane people)

by Anonymousreply 54June 5, 2020 4:07 PM

R47, whaaaattt? No.

About a third of the country reopened or started reopening in May. Most of the country is now reopened either in part or full, which means next month should also show improvement.

by Anonymousreply 55June 5, 2020 4:09 PM

R47 Where are all of the Republicans hollering about the national debt? All of the bailouts added trillions to it.

I guess they won't get around to complaining about it until the beginning of the Biden Administration. Gotta save that red meat for their Fox zombies.

by Anonymousreply 56June 5, 2020 4:11 PM

I think he's trolling the American people at this point.

"Hopefully, George is looking down right now and saying, 'This is a great thing that's happening for our country.' It's a great day for him, it's a great day for everybody, this is a great, great day in terms of equality. It's what our Constitution requires and it's what our country is all about."

by Anonymousreply 57June 5, 2020 4:12 PM

R32 Silly defeatist nonsense. Review what the messaging was in the 2018 election and what the results were.

by Anonymousreply 58June 5, 2020 4:14 PM

Was Smellyanne there?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 5, 2020 4:16 PM

R31 & R57 - that part was just... wow.

by Anonymousreply 60June 5, 2020 4:20 PM

R59 That picture is the very definition of 'rode hard and put up wet'. When this is all over, SmellyAnne will be that chain smoking broad at the end of the bar, waiting for last call and whatever guy is left to take her home.

by Anonymousreply 61June 5, 2020 4:22 PM

Smellyanne is getting her Gucci inauguration suit readjusted for her WH security protection shift starting at midnight tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 5, 2020 4:27 PM

How is George Conway still married to this skank? I understand that they have children together, but come one, dude. Respect yourself and leave the rancid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 63June 5, 2020 4:28 PM

[quote] r30: I’m waiting for my takeout breakfast and they have Fuckx News on

Restaurants are the easiest to boycott, unless you are limited in choices in your area. Unlike, perhaps, a dentist’s office or such, which can be difficult to change providers.

I’ll ask the owner to change the channel and if he doesn’t, I’ll leave. If you’re afraid of a snot sandwich, send an anonymous email or call afterwards and say you won’t come back unless they permanently change the channel. Or “Yelp” it.

by Anonymousreply 64June 5, 2020 4:45 PM

R63, and how is Trump still employing her? He’s such a crybaby, I can’t imagine how she gets away with having the gall to be married to anyone who won’t take a loyalty oath.

by Anonymousreply 65June 5, 2020 4:47 PM

R56, why do you think there won't be a second stimulus?

by Anonymousreply 66June 5, 2020 4:47 PM

R64 = Karen.

by Anonymousreply 67June 5, 2020 4:52 PM

R66 Just pointing out the hypocrisy of the Republicans/Fox/right wing propaganda machine. They spent 8 years hollering about the debt and deficit under Obama (when it was Bush that added trillions to the debt), but are totally silent about the issue now. And on cue they will ratchet that talking point up again when they are the minority party.

I just want people to not fall for the Republican BS again. McConnell and his cronies have already said absolutely not to another stimulus BTW.

by Anonymousreply 68June 5, 2020 5:12 PM

i bet he rigged the numbers

by Anonymousreply 69June 5, 2020 5:13 PM

As architect I am lover of building. I help FEMA protect the building from wind and wetness in hurricane situation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70June 5, 2020 5:17 PM

R69 some problems with methodology.... a lower than usual response to surveys. And most of it is "businesses opening back up".... fully 10% of the "new" jobs are dental offices opening...

The basic damage to economy is ongoing... unemployment will sill be at record high levels in fall, in best case scenarios. That's not something to be happy about. Black, latino, and women workers suffering at much higher rates than total average. And the damage could have been so much less if Trump has not had his head up his ass in February about "this will all go away"....

Stay vigilant, defeat fascism in Nov 2020. USA! USA!

by Anonymousreply 71June 5, 2020 5:21 PM

R68 you need to get info fro sources other than DL every once in awhile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72June 5, 2020 5:26 PM

R71 you're being intellectually dishonest.

[quote]Construction jobs, for example, increased by 464,000 in May, gaining back nearly half of what they lost in April. Construction activity is part of the first phase of reopening. Jobs also returned in retail, as well as education and health services which are counted together as one sector. Government jobs declined by 585,000. Health care hires were boosted by dentists offices reopening, which added 244,800 jobs. Doctors and dentists offices were shut down for routine treatments during the height of the lockdown. But not all new jobs were full-time positions. Part-time workers accounted for some two-fifths of the employment growth in May. Nearly 10.5 million people are working part-time for economic reasons, compared with 4.2 million in February.

If you are banking on the economy being in the shitter through the fall then you are going to be bitterly disappointed. The recovery will have nothing to do with Trump, but he will claim credit and it will be awarded to him, because like you, people don't understand that what happened wasn't on the demand side and the jobs lost were low barrier to entry jobs. When white collar jobs start to disappear, like in 2008, or fear takes over and people stop spending because of it, then there's a big problem on the horizon. Right now 75% of those unemployed expect to be rehired so fear isn't a problem at the moment.

The unemployment situation was the result of a shock. A shock is a temporary interruption.

by Anonymousreply 73June 5, 2020 5:41 PM

Trump wants to lose but he wants power. That’s why he ran in 2016, to build a political movement centered around adoration of him. He didn’t really want to be president — he’s too spoiled and lazy for the rigors of the job, and MUCH too shady for all the resulting scrutiny.

He’s doing everything he can to lose. But democrats are our own worst enemy — despite his aggressive efforts to not win, the stunning fragmentation and selfishness of the left leaning voter base gave him an upset victory anyway.

So he’s doubling down on the nonsense now. 2020 is a race alright — will his aggressively horrible incompetence be worse than our immature and selfish voter base?

by Anonymousreply 74June 5, 2020 5:45 PM

R73 Because the data I review, and the values I hold, are different from yours does not mean I am intellectually dishonest.

The pandemic has and will continue to accelerate disturbing trends that were already happening before the crisis. It was, by no measure, "the best economy in the history of the world." Just a cursory review of the hollowing out of middle class jobs, the loss of work for low skilled workers to automation, the impact of climate change are but a few places to start. Brookings is hardly a leftwing, "intellectually dishonest" institution:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75June 5, 2020 5:54 PM

R75 you have no idea what values I hold. To paint a picture -- by omission -- that today's unemployment figures were primarily dentists is being intellectually dishonest.

by Anonymousreply 76June 5, 2020 5:57 PM

Where is this? CSPAN?

by Anonymousreply 77June 5, 2020 5:59 PM

Also, r75, what you linked to, while published on April 14, is incredibly dated. The surge in cases never happened outside the NY metro area.

by Anonymousreply 78June 5, 2020 6:00 PM

Trump is the guy who shows up and hangs a wreath on the door and says he build the whole house himself. Always willing to take the credit but never willing to expend the energy or get his hands dirty.

by Anonymousreply 79June 5, 2020 6:08 PM

The data on dental offices is widespread and part of the report. The trends in the April 14 report are hardly "incredibly dated"... loses in low skilled employment, to automation or not, has been tracked and accelerating for decades. The pandemic shock accelerates those trends.

Not sure what your real purpose is here.... I have worked for 40 years in workforce development. And I'm done posting more in this thread. Thanks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80June 5, 2020 6:10 PM

R80 the issue isn't that dentists accounted for an increase in jobs, and yes, is in the report. The issue is that you omitted where the bulk of the jobs came from.

R14 automation taking jobs was a theme in the democratic primary. Hello. Andrew Yang. This isn't new or groundbreaking. When that article was written things were supposed to be a lot more bleak for a hell of a lot longer.

by Anonymousreply 81June 5, 2020 6:17 PM

R70 Can I put in a request for Varist Letty to do a thread asking for ideas on FEMA's hurricane mitigation and recovery?

by Anonymousreply 82June 5, 2020 6:56 PM

Those numbers just don't add up. I expect next weeks for reports to emerge that some of those figures are "creatively accounted". Yet another big mistake from The White House to do this round of victory lap so prematurely. They may have won a one weekend's news cycle but they will come regret this when reality comes crashing down in a month.

by Anonymousreply 83June 5, 2020 7:04 PM

I hate defending Trump but I think Trump was referring to George Washington, not George Floyd because why would Floyd care about job numbers?

by Anonymousreply 84June 5, 2020 7:05 PM

He specifically said George Floyd, r84.

by Anonymousreply 85June 5, 2020 7:07 PM

R83 It shocks me that everyone in the media so easily takes the bait. Of course the books are cooked with everything connected with this administration. ESPECIALLY the stock market, it'll stay inflated until November when he loses. Then they'll pull all of the money out and it'll crash horribly so the GOP can say "see, it's because of the Democrats".

And keep in mind that Trump already bullied Jerome Powell into lowering interest rates to almost nothing and being able to play with the interest rates is one way to manage your way out of a recession/depression (see the Fed/Janet Yellin under Obama for the proper way to do things).

My advice is to have some ready cash on hand for when the shit hits the fan.

by Anonymousreply 86June 5, 2020 7:08 PM

These are NOT new jobs. It's just people going back to the jobs they were furloughed from

by Anonymousreply 87June 5, 2020 7:09 PM

Did AOC offer DL a course in economics? Most of you have the same tenuous grasp on the subject as she does.

by Anonymousreply 88June 5, 2020 7:20 PM

[quote]Trump notes that the virus is dangerous to people who are “heavy” and then says how grateful he is that he is in “perfect shape.”

Nancy Pelosi is probably still laughing herself silly over that one.

by Anonymousreply 89June 5, 2020 7:23 PM

r85 oh, I only heard him say George.

by Anonymousreply 90June 5, 2020 7:23 PM

Supposedly a large number of the jobs involve the manufacturing of PPE products, so they are very temporary.

by Anonymousreply 91June 5, 2020 7:33 PM

Well since he's in such perfect shape and he likes to conduct "inspections" of bunkers and other WH structures perhaps he could get up on a ladder and inspect the WH gutters and roof shingles. Hope he doesn't fall!

by Anonymousreply 92June 5, 2020 7:36 PM

Agent Orange defines "great shape" as slimmer compared to Tiffany.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93June 5, 2020 7:46 PM

You "hate defending Trump", r84? That's a laugh!

by Anonymousreply 94June 5, 2020 7:50 PM

I doubt Trump remembers who George Washington is.

by Anonymousreply 95June 5, 2020 7:54 PM

R93: Thank you. That is the cheesiest smile on anusmouth I have every seen.

by Anonymousreply 96June 5, 2020 8:05 PM

He's on the tv babbling again, he's at some swab manufacturing plant.

by Anonymousreply 97June 5, 2020 8:32 PM

R91, no. A large number of jobs were construction, followed by hospitality and then medical (specifically dental offices).

by Anonymousreply 98June 5, 2020 8:49 PM

Trump has black ops guarding our capital. He should be impeached because these lowlife pretend soldiers do not obey OUR constitution. We are paying this pack of filth!

by Anonymousreply 99June 5, 2020 9:01 PM

R99 More to investigate in 2021 with the Trump Crimes Tribunal. Erik Prince should've been behind bars years ago for committing war crimes in Iraq.

by Anonymousreply 100June 5, 2020 9:03 PM

He should grow a gloatee, like Col. Sanders.

by Anonymousreply 101June 5, 2020 9:04 PM

Read and share

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102June 5, 2020 9:09 PM

R93, photoshopped much? I would expect Tiffany may be crammed into double Spanx, but neither of them are that "tucked".

by Anonymousreply 103June 5, 2020 9:28 PM

[quote] He specifically said George Floyd, [R84].

I don't watch him anymore. Even knowing what I know of him, occasionally I hear stuff that sounds like it could not possibly be true.

Did he really say George Floyd was smiling down on him?

by Anonymousreply 104June 5, 2020 10:00 PM

This pretty much sums it up for me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105June 5, 2020 10:03 PM

Press should stop going if he isn’t allowing questions. I hope he hates the black lives matter street painting!!

by Anonymousreply 106June 5, 2020 10:05 PM

I"m so thrilled there is a teeny tiny change in the unemployment rate!!!

by Anonymousreply 107June 5, 2020 10:21 PM

You post that on every thread, R102. It's really not that interesting to read, let alone "share".

by Anonymousreply 108June 6, 2020 12:48 PM

Except that they have already revealed there was a miscalculation and the number is 16% not 13%. I am sure since Trump is so concerned about fake news, he will immediately and loudly make sure the real number is out there.

by Anonymousreply 109June 6, 2020 12:54 PM

Sorry/not sorry if this has been posted already. That fat fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110June 6, 2020 1:25 PM

If someone has lost their job and is still unemployed by November, I don't think they care if America has added a billion jobs

by Anonymousreply 111June 6, 2020 1:30 PM

the only places I heard hiring are instacart and I think places like CVS, Walgreens and maybe supermarkets.

by Anonymousreply 112June 6, 2020 1:57 PM

r112,that is exactly right. You can always get a job, but will you be able to support yourself with it?

At the height of the 2008 recession, you could get hired.

If you accepted a wage decrease and were able to travel greater distances to your work.

by Anonymousreply 113June 6, 2020 2:10 PM

I forgot to add these low skilled workers with entrylevel lowpaying jobs are the people who kept everything together during quarantine.

by Anonymousreply 114June 6, 2020 2:13 PM

there are fewer and fewer jobs. the rich 1% want to replace humans with machines and robots. self driving cars, drones delivering packages, robots delivering room service in hotels etc...

although I hated the looting, I can totally get why they do it. the future is bleak for them...

by Anonymousreply 115June 6, 2020 2:15 PM

I know two people who lost their jobs in 2008 and their only option was to take a similar job at a significant salary cut. Neither one recovered economically since then.

by Anonymousreply 116June 6, 2020 3:03 PM

R109 do you have a link to that? And please don't link to an opinion piece from a short seller on Seeking Alpha. He's got a vested interest in seeing the market crash.

by Anonymousreply 117June 6, 2020 3:06 PM

I am one of them r116.

I worked two jobs back then, waking up at 6 am and not coming home until 11 pm.

college grad and all that.

by Anonymousreply 118June 6, 2020 3:11 PM

R117, here you go..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119June 6, 2020 3:28 PM

Thanks, r119. I follow the U6 unemployment figure and not what the media focuses on, which is a bogus number anyway.

by Anonymousreply 120June 6, 2020 4:54 PM

The stats are fake.

There is NO WAY that we have that many NEW JOBS during a pandemic. These are the highest numbers since records have been kept (1939?). These numbers are from the government business bailout legislation (4 bills so far?) as well as the phasing in of manufacturing and construction.

by Anonymousreply 121June 6, 2020 5:03 PM

R121, what people tend to forget is that the country started reopening in May. You had construction workers previously laid off, the hospitality sectors expanding from take out and curbside to seating, gyms beauty parlors dental offices etc all going from out of work to working. My surprise is that people were surprised at the job creation number regardless of the screw up with the U3 number misclassification.

by Anonymousreply 122June 6, 2020 5:21 PM

R122 - they shouldn't be called NEW JOBS then, should they?

by Anonymousreply 123June 6, 2020 5:26 PM

Fake news!

by Anonymousreply 124June 6, 2020 5:28 PM

R121 The bigger the lie, the more it is believed.

by Anonymousreply 125June 6, 2020 5:47 PM

R123, that's what they're called. Go back to 2008 to 2012 when the economy was coming back and people began being rehired and you'll see the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 126June 6, 2020 6:09 PM

And, r123, Here's what June is looking like...

"We experienced rock bottom about five or six weeks ago," Amy Glaser, a senior vice president at the staffing agency Adecco USA, told Business Insider. She said the firm saw a steady uptick in May and an explosion of job-order activity, applications, and hires from clients over the past week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 6, 2020 6:13 PM

Adecco is still operating? Why?

Get rid of all staffing firms.

by Anonymousreply 128June 6, 2020 8:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!