Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump Press Conference Now

Ready for more lies?

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2020 3:42 PM

Not watching

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2020 2:33 PM

Someone else started the same thread at the same time as I did. You decide where to post.

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2020 2:35 PM

Bob’s Big Bunker Boy can fuck off with his aspies sociopathy. He does a terrible job of playing a human being during these tv appearances.

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2020 2:38 PM

MSNBC broke away from him, said he's rambling.

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2020 2:43 PM

A:m I the only person who can’t find anything but talking heads on cable news? I tune in to see what protestors on the street have to say, what speeches are being given ....even what police on the street have to say ....and all I see is reporters reporting on themselves & talking heads making the same talking points,

“I’m here at the corner of Smith & Oak Street ...looks like a police barricade ahead .....I don’t know if I’ll be allowed to cross it....police are yelling at me!”

Back to the studio

Anderson, Chris, Erin, everybody talking about how they’re outraged & angry....but I haven’t heard anything from protestors. If MLK was alive today, they’d cut away during his I Have a Dream speech. “Ok, speeches are being given by some people, so we’re coming back to the studio so Chuck Todd can talk about his feelings. Chuck, how do you feel about these protests?“

Chuck: “Some of them are awful people, throwing things. Some if them aren’t throwing things. Some cops are hitting demonstrators who get close to them....most aren't. I guess I’d say we need to have a ‘wait & see’ attitude about this.”

How about this instead. You’re a reporter on the scene. You talk to someone BEFORE turning the camera on them. Ask how they’re feeling & what they want to get across today. Give them a few minutes to compose themselves & let the adrenaline clear. Then, when someone comes up with a calm, rational explanation about how they’re made to feel about police killing people on the streets, in their cars, in their beds, you turn the cameras on them. Let THEM talk about their fears.

Instead they shove a microphone in someone’s face during a live segment when tensions are high & you get people who are screaming. That’s not getting the message across. It’s just showing hysteria.

Journalists are all about themselves & don’t know how to report. “People are screaming” isn’t the story. It’s why they’re screaming, in their own words, that’s the story.

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2020 3:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!