Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Of all the white protestors we see in the streets and on TV....

Would they move to a black neighborhood? Send their kids to largely black schools? I’m starting to see some of the superficiality of the efforts and actually feel insulted. Are things really going to change?

by Anonymousreply 26June 5, 2020 6:18 AM

You're missing the point. You're not very bright.

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2020 3:48 AM

I think OP has a point, as long as "moving to a black neighborhood" doesn't presage gentrification.

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2020 3:50 AM

R2 kinda where I was going. We treat each other with respect but stay in our separate sides of town??? Really, that’s not superficial???

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2020 3:51 AM

OP, are you insulted by cops murdering and beating up people? Go back to the Trump rally

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2020 3:52 AM

God, OP is borderline retarded.

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2020 3:54 AM

OP, do you think it's okay for cops to treat people like this?

What's wrong with you that you think the protesters are the problem?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2020 3:54 AM

So we continue to live largely segregated and disparate existences but the cops have to respect everyone? I’m still not getting it.

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2020 3:55 AM

[quote] I’m starting to see some of the superficiality of the efforts and actually feel insulted.

Get over yourself, Blanche. Ain't nobody got time for your bullshit feelings based on nothing.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2020 3:59 AM

We are stronger together than we can ever be while separated. When I go to Pride rallies I don't complain that there are straight people around supporting me and my community. Any time one group is oppressed we all need to stand up and stand together, or nothing will get better.

I don't expect straight allies to hang out in gay clubs or post on Grindr. They are there when called on, and I appreciate that.

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2020 4:05 AM

R2 Ha! Exactly. In fact it's a huge part of the problem... those woke white kids, give them a little money and it's moving right into the hood, rip out that drywall to expose the brick... and choose among the three new coffee joints on the block with single-source coffee.

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2020 4:10 AM

I’m seeing a lot more comments like OP’s online. I think it’s foreign factions sowing discord.

Or it might just be one of those implacable people who are not happy with anything.

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2020 4:10 AM

R11 it’s not as a white person who grew up in a majority minority neighborhood, I don’t understand the sudden sentiment. No one cared before. My childhood I saw plenty of white people say don’t be racist but leave the neighborhood as it became less white. It’s hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2020 4:13 AM

Personally, I've only had good experiences with cops. Don't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch.

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2020 4:13 AM

How many black people now wielding a gun were shot by police officers last year?

by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2020 4:15 AM

If gangs were taken out of the equation, yes. In a heartbeat.

by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2020 4:16 AM

I guess I don't understand why it just bothers these white people now? Is it just more convenient since they're not working?

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2020 4:17 AM

R16 now you’re getting it!

by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2020 4:19 AM

Fuck being white and trying to be a part of any of this. You can’t win no matter what you do. I’m going home. Fuck you all.

by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2020 4:28 AM

This white guy has shown up to rally after rally year after year, carried signs at protests, VOTED in every election, and is a paying supporter of BLM, the ACLU, and half a dozen other organizations that are all about justice for everyone. I went to court (and won) to fight my nasty homeowners association which tried to force me to take down the Black Lives Matter sign that I've kept in my front yard year-round. I can't tell you how many times I've had to replace it as it gets stolen or torn up.

Now it seems OP doesn't want me at his protests because my white ass is insulting to him?? I don't recall Dr. King telling the white people to go home... I'm not there for thanks or recognition, OP -I'm there because it's the right thing to do as a human being. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I just sat back in my chair and watched it all happen on TV -over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2020 4:35 AM

R12 is mad because other people’s parents could afford to give their families something a little bit better. Don’t be that guy, my friend.

You think black people wouldn’t move somewhere nicer if they could?

by Anonymousreply 20June 5, 2020 4:40 AM

[quote] Now it seems OP doesn't want me at his protests because my white ass is insulting to him??

Calm down, Princess Butthurt, OP has identified himself as a white person.

OP, how exactly do you know that all of those white people at protests live in white neighborhoods? My neighborhood is majority black; most of white (and black) friends who protested live in neighborhoods that are mixed.

But in answer to your question:

[quote] So we continue to live largely segregated and disparate existences but the cops have to respect everyone?

Yes, OP, yes, they do. If even we all live completely segregated existences, the cops are supposed to respect everyone. Why shouldn't they?

by Anonymousreply 21June 5, 2020 4:48 AM

OP

Of course they wouldn’t. The black neighbors would reject them, and they would face a much higher chance of random violence.

by Anonymousreply 22June 5, 2020 4:53 AM

I lived around the corner from the projects near Lincoln Center. Let's just say I would not want to repeat the experience.

by Anonymousreply 23June 5, 2020 5:04 AM

You’re tearing me apaaaart!

by Anonymousreply 24June 5, 2020 5:30 AM

[quote]Don't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch.

It's a lot of bad apples, though, not just a few. Not all, but a lot. And it would be interesting to know if you're a POC. Much like the wife beater whom everyone thinks is a 'great guy', the face shown to people of color by the police is not necessarily the same one shown to white people.

by Anonymousreply 25June 5, 2020 5:40 AM

"So we continue to live largely segregated and disparate existences but the cops have to respect everyone? I’m still not getting it.

—OP"

Because the cops need to enforce apartheid? Is that what you're saying. Or everything should be perfect in order for people to protest? Then why would people protest if everything were perfect?

What disingenuous little fart you are. All you Trumptards have already exhausted all your bullshit "But what about" arguments.

You're not getting it because you're a racist troll, dear.

Your kind is stupid bu definition.

by Anonymousreply 26June 5, 2020 6:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!