Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hair Salons

How are you going to wear a mask when you get your hair washed, cut, or colored? Won't it get in the way?

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2020 8:56 AM

I raise you.

In just a month I have an appointment with my periodontist that had been scheduled before the lockdown. It will be interesting to see how that works.

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2020 3:23 AM

My salon instructs to wear the kind with ear loops and bring a second one, if you have one, as the first will get wet during the shampoo. #masklife

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2020 3:28 AM

This is going to be a pain although I can understand the need to wear a mask because the stylist is right in your face. ugh

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2020 3:44 AM

Stylists should wear face sheilds.

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2020 4:04 AM

A lot of them are doing exactly that right now, R4.

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2020 4:06 AM

You can still practice social distancing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2020 4:10 AM

Whatever you do don't post a picture at the salon

Rachel Griffiths apologizes for posting manicure photo while ‘people are dying’

“Thank you to the people who have called me out,” she added. “I have a long way to go to truly understand my white bitch privilege.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2020 7:22 AM

I had my hair cut and colored last week. My stylist wore a mask during the entire procedure. I was told to remove mine. I felt bad about that because she was protecting me by wearing a mask and I was not protecting her. She only accepts two clients per day and was meticulous about cleanliness.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2020 8:10 AM

I need a haircut badly. I’m well on the way to looking like Albert Einstein. But I’m high-risk and not sure it would be safe for me until I can get vaccinated. I’d hate to have them write on my grave marker that I died for vanity, tho.

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2020 8:38 AM

I went to my hair stylist the third day she reopened here in Vegas on May 15th. Regrettably I didn't have a mask, just a bandana. She had masks on hand and when she was trimming around one ear, she would unloop the mask and have me hold the mask on my face (while the other loop was still around my other ear). I'm not sure if this is what's still going on; I believe I was like the 7th client she saw, and she was improvising. She, too, only seeing a few clients per day. She does a lot of colour, which would take awhile for each client to be in and out the door.

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2020 8:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!