Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Unidentified Troops in D.C.

Trump's troops in D.C. all lack personal identification - no badges, no nametags. Nor will they answer anyone who asks who they are, which branch or unit they are with, or who they answer to. It's an unsettling development, somewhat akin to a police officer removing or obscuring their badge number so that they can't be identified - nothing good can come of this. It means that, not only can they not be held personally responsible for anything they do to citizens, one also cannot hold anyone responsible further up the chain of command.

I was made aware of this development by tonight's Rachel Maddow show. She pointed out that, things being what they are, there is nothing to stop just anyone who happens to own the uniforms, armor, and firearms from getting dressed up, and going out and joining them. A member of the news media asked a passing group of uniformed guys, "Are you with the Bureau of Prisons?", based on their attire. "Maybe," came the somewhat smartassed reply.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 12, 2020 6:11 PM

Frightening. My bet is Erik “Blackwater” Prince, Trumps pal and Betsy DeVos’ brother is connected.

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2020 3:00 AM

Here's an excerpt from The Rachel Maddow Show, where she talks about the unidentified "little green men."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2020 3:06 AM

This is what is happening. Billionaires of dollars going to Erik Prince, besty devos' sociopath brother.

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2020 3:19 AM

Very frightening. The police were doing this in Chile during their massive protests against social and economic inequality last year. This is definitely a must read article. Thanks for sharing this OP.

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2020 3:25 AM

That is very scary.

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2020 3:36 AM

This alone should lead to impeachment and removal. Barr must face prosecution... somehow.

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2020 3:46 AM

Unidentified flying pigs...I believe these blackshirts were on the job during one of the occupy demonstrations, but it was long enough ago that I can’t recall that much.

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2020 4:27 AM

...and I recall riots in Iowa City and Madison over Nixon’s lies re: the carpet bombing and incursions into Cambodia. Yahoos wearing ill-fitting uniforms with NO ID were throwing hippies off the Washington St bridge into the Iowa River. They called themselves “sheriff’s patrol” but otherwise would not answer. Unconstitutional.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2020 4:37 AM

Hmm.. this Mother Jones article seems adamant that they're not Erik Prince's Blackwater.

On Wednesday night, Rachel was calling them part of the 82nd Airborne Division in a story which reported that Defense Secretary Mark Esper was ordering them in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2020 4:38 AM

I’m obviously a boomer and old. But it may be time to withdraw, and gather power. There is no battle worth fighting that is not worth winning, and you can see there is no way the people or the Constitution win this, right now, when there is such reckless disregard for human life, for the Constitution, and such absolute devotion to power.

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2020 4:44 AM

ANOTHER PUTIN PLAY!

THANKS, BORIS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2020 4:46 AM

[quote] This alone should lead to impeachment and removal.

AMAZING IDEA. Yes let’s impeach him with a fanatically pro-Trump senate in session. I’m sure that will turn out GREAT.

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2020 4:52 AM

Trump is a fucking nightmare that I cannot awake from.

Please VOTE ALL Republican out of office in November 2020. They need to be punished for what they are doing to us.

Vote for progressives in the primary. Hello New Yorkers.

How do we stop a fucking FASCISTS if he was elected? You cannot attack the American people. FUCK!

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2020 5:09 AM

This is truly scary, and I can't believe it's legal. The complete suppression of any kind of accountability (which is what unidentifiable force means) is the essence of dictatorship.

The only way to counter this is to film and post it everywhere, and never stop asking questions loudly and publicly.

by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2020 6:16 AM

Shades of Ukraine. How did that end?

by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2020 6:32 AM

This would make a good thread:

The Ukrainian Revolution of 2014 (also known as the Euromaidan Revolution, Ukrainian Coup, or Ukrainian Revolution of Dignity; Ukrainian: Революція гідності, Revoliutsiia hidnosti) took place in Ukraine in February 2014, when a series of violent events involving protesters, riot police, and unknown shooters in the capital, Kiev, culminated in the ousting of the elected Ukrainian President, Viktor Yanukovych, and the overthrow of the Ukrainian Government.[34]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2020 6:34 AM

I can’t wait for that pig to be voted out of office

by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2020 6:58 AM

Social media will out these thugs.

I sure hope their friends and family disown/shun or take "corrective action" on these fucking pricks. They're traitors. Full stop.

by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2020 7:02 AM

George Bush Sr put military in the streets. Cracker Bush was a Fucking Racist. He was a one-term president.

by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2020 10:14 AM

[quote] I was made aware of this development by tonight's Rachel Maddow show.

You lost me there.

by Anonymousreply 20June 5, 2020 11:39 AM

Through no fault of mine or of Rachel's, I assure you, R20.

by Anonymousreply 21June 5, 2020 11:42 AM

Burn em down!

by Anonymousreply 22June 5, 2020 1:49 PM

America, you in danger gurl!

by Anonymousreply 23June 5, 2020 2:03 PM

S.S.

by Anonymousreply 24June 5, 2020 6:04 PM

Does anyone really think people will rise to stop this?

by Anonymousreply 25June 5, 2020 6:24 PM

A year ago I'd say no. But now, hell yes!

by Anonymousreply 26June 5, 2020 6:42 PM

Every dictator needs a secret police

by Anonymousreply 27June 5, 2020 7:21 PM

The violence broke out on Friday. On Thursday, Ttard RetweeTed a video in which the first line was, "The only good democrat is a dead democrat". I cannot understand why every newspaper board didn't demand his immediate resignation for that message. Why didn't every single Democrat stop dead in their tracks, find a camera and do nothing until it was addressed. Make the Republicans answer for these things. Start every sentence with "The impeached President who has lied 18, 253 times." Jesus goddam motherfucking hypoChristians. What the fuck happened to " Thou shalt not lie".? Suddenly the 10 commandments aren't important anymore. The Republicans can chant "Benghazi "and "Emails" and get non stop media coverage FOR YEARS. And dems can't stick to one message for one day fucking day. We lose every argument before it starts because they always control the messaging.

We should move our protests to every Fox News station and Every congressperson's office and demand he be removed, before he starts bringing in tanks.

by Anonymousreply 28June 5, 2020 8:30 PM

My god,we are living in some hideous Twilight Zone episode.

by Anonymousreply 29June 5, 2020 8:48 PM

These are Trumps Black Ops.. Trump hired the bastards andvwe have to pay them. Why is this being allowed?

by Anonymousreply 30June 5, 2020 9:05 PM

Again, why is this being allowed? What can be done? Can the Mayor of DC do something to get the scum off of our property?

by Anonymousreply 31June 5, 2020 9:07 PM

Read and share

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 5, 2020 9:08 PM

[quote]What the fuck happened to " Thou shalt not lie".?

Well, technically, R28, it's "You shall not bear false witness," which is not really the same thing. It envisions a courtroom setting, and testimony. In the New Testament, Paul is repeatedly depicted as lying. And since Christians follow the examples set for them in the bible, you really should not look to them for honesty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 5, 2020 9:53 PM

R31, it's allowed because he granted himself unlimited powers, and the supreme court and republican senate has agreed. Barr/Scalia/De Vo/Pompeo and the Evil Christians believe GOD is on THEIR side in the battle against Satan and therefore are permitted to act immoral/ amoral when ever they need to. All's fair in fight with the devil. That's what ALL religious leaders/and L followers, believe. violence/mistreatment of others is always justifiable spiritually. That's why they are all so cruel. - With Few exceptions, like the nice church lady who doesn't question her role.

I'm getting really fucking tired of pretending like other peoples delusions are sacred. Enough already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 5, 2020 10:02 PM

RIP, USA

by Anonymousreply 35June 5, 2020 10:24 PM

This would make it easy to put on the costume and infiltrate, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 36June 5, 2020 11:09 PM

Un-ID troops,

You are fucking LOSERS, COWARDS and TRAITORS.

by Anonymousreply 37June 5, 2020 11:11 PM

R37, eventually we'll be able to read the chain of emails of who ordered them to do this, whose brilliant idea it was.

I'm looking forward to it.

by Anonymousreply 38June 5, 2020 11:13 PM

[quote]Read and share

Well, since you post it on EVERY FUCKING thread, I don't think I'll bother.

by Anonymousreply 39June 5, 2020 11:18 PM

r28, That's what great about the bible, lots of loop holes It means that if they aren't your neighbor you bear false witness all you want. When you confront a Christian like Barr or Pompeo with their lies and evil acts, they brush it off and get a glazed look in their eyes that says "I'm lying for Jesus". And, "You'll thank me later when Christ returns to earth".

Speaking of loopholes, Jewish Moyles used to suck the foreskins off the babies dick with their mouths. I'm certain that law came straight from GOD and not a pedophile, and It was NOT just an excuse to suck a babies dick. ! The torah says suck, so we suck.

Later, in Vienna, 1850 or so, there was a herpes outbreak. No more sucking bloody dicks, GOD's true word was changed from suck to suction.

by Anonymousreply 40June 5, 2020 11:26 PM

Not the Torah, R40, but the Talmud. Not that I'm motivated by any need to defend the bible (it's full of terrible things), but the custom of 'metzitzah' is not in there.

[quote]Later, in Vienna, 1850 or so, there was a herpes outbreak.

In the 19th century, nobody knew what 'herpes' was. But it was noted that babies that underwent the ritual often got sick, and it was recommended that it be stopped. This began a dialogue within Judaism, with many ceasing to use the practice, while some conservative sectarians dug in and continued it.

We're getting farther out into the grass, away from the path, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 6, 2020 12:00 AM

[bold]Update:[/bold] 7,600 Troops possibly under the command of William Barr.

"The total deployments include 500 personnel each from the U.S. Capitol Police, Washington Police Department and U.S. Secret Service; 445 Bureau of Prisons staff, 168 members of the U.S. Marshals Service, 160 Drug Enforcement Agency employees, 80 U.S. Park Police and 32 FBI agents."

That's where they come from, but it still does not explain why they have no nametags, badges, or other official identifiers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 6, 2020 2:05 AM

It was inevitable that, as these anonymous armed characters danced around in D.C., identifiers on some of them would emerge. Some logos on the sleeves of shirts caught media attention, that some of them were from the Texas Bureau of Prisons, from two federal prisons, one at Beaumont, and the other at Three Rivers.

It makes you wonder, doesn't it? How officers from these two Texas federal prisons wound up guarding President Trump in Washington, D.C., incognito? Were they requested, or did they volunteer? How did it come about that they patrol unidentified? At whose orders? Bill Barr's? Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Mark Milley, whom Trump announced on Monday was "in charge," though he did not specify of what?

It's worth remarking that some of the unidentified Prison Bureau personnel from the Texas Federal Prisons may be carrying Covid-19, since it has been a problem there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 6, 2020 2:19 AM

Ever hear of posse comitatus? Isn’t there something in the Bill of Rights that prevents federal forces from engaging in warlike acts vs. citizenry?

by Anonymousreply 44June 6, 2020 4:35 AM

R42, how are they able to spare 445 employees from the Bureau of Prisons? Are some federal prisons now understaffed?

by Anonymousreply 45June 6, 2020 4:50 AM

R44, it’s not in the Constitution, but it is federal law. There are exceptions that do not appear to apply here.

by Anonymousreply 46June 6, 2020 4:54 AM

Trial for the election. Get ready! November election is going to the Supreme Court, Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 47June 6, 2020 4:58 AM

Trump is really pissed at sen lisa murkowski.

by Anonymousreply 48June 6, 2020 5:16 AM

what level is Susan at?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 6, 2020 5:18 AM

[quote] 600 Troops possibly under the command of William Barr.

The attorney general doesn’t command troops in the USA.

by Anonymousreply 50June 6, 2020 5:26 AM

We did Nazi this coming.

by Anonymousreply 51June 6, 2020 6:04 AM

Are we living in the Twilight Zone now? An episode I didn't realize we were participating in?

I can't believe for one minute that evil sleaze Erik Prince isn't involved. No freaking way. This is right up his alley.

by Anonymousreply 52June 6, 2020 6:29 AM

America will turn into a dictatorship with the connivance of the Democrats, Capitol Hill, the judiciary and the media. Just watch.

by Anonymousreply 53June 6, 2020 7:07 AM

Because you're watching through a myopic Fox "News" asshole filter, R53?

by Anonymousreply 54June 6, 2020 7:14 AM

R54 you need to watch more than Fox. Here. Read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 6, 2020 8:54 AM

R53 reporting in from down is up land.

by Anonymousreply 56June 6, 2020 10:57 AM

[quote]how are they able to spare 445 employees from the Bureau of Prisons? Are some federal prisons now understaffed?

A fair question, R45, but it's my understanding that they're from all over the country. As Rachel speculated on Friday night, maybe these participants include some who have tested positive for Covid-19 (Beaumont and Three Rivers, Texas, are known to have a problem with the virus) who cannot otherwise come to work at the prisons they're from, and have been dispatched to D.C..

For a subset of those with right-wing political ideology, the risk posed by the virus is simply regarded as 'fake news.' Such people would have no objections to traveling and working with it. Then too, perhaps the potential to spread it is intentional (see link).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 7, 2020 3:07 AM

The Cletus Brigade.

by Anonymousreply 58June 10, 2020 6:22 PM

I was downtown at the march on Saturday and didn’t see anything suspicious. There were DC Police and National Guard. I read Trump is sending the NG home. People were peaceful too, and I’m happy to report the bathrooms were clean and well stocked. I haven’t been out at night, though. It was packed and even though everyone was wearing masks, it felt Covid- risky with thousands of people squeezed into a few blocks.

by Anonymousreply 59June 10, 2020 6:30 PM

[quote]The attorney general doesn’t command troops in the USA.

You mean he didn't used to, R50.

It's a pity there's permitted only one link per post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 12, 2020 6:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!