Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have you fallen prey to a "brushing" scam & received free shit from China?

About a week ago, I received a package from Amazon that I didn't order (scented pillow spray). I didn't think much of it and figured Amazon had made a mistake.

Today I received weight loss patches (yes, I type fat) and some hemorrhoid cream. Did NOT order these and began researching unsolicited items from Amazon.

Well, it's a brushing scam. Someone in China sends you shit and then writes positive reviews of it under your name.

Have any of you bitches fallen prey to this? I just changed my password. Any other suggestions?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 4, 2020 11:22 PM

God I wish !

by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2020 9:56 PM

Pillow spray? Weight loss patches? Hemorrhoid cream??

Isn’t it obvious someone here has doxxed you and is trying to help you?? For god’s sake, start taking care of yourself l!!!

by Anonymousreply 2June 4, 2020 9:58 PM

r2 the weird thing is, I HAVE been suffering from insomnia lately. So when I got the pillow spray I thought it was a gift from a friend I'd mentioned the insomnia to.

But when I looked the product up online, I saw it had a bunch of 5-star "verified" reviews ... a clear sign of brushing.

by Anonymousreply 3June 4, 2020 10:01 PM

It's worthless crap r1

by Anonymousreply 4June 4, 2020 10:02 PM

I’ll take free stuff!

by Anonymousreply 5June 4, 2020 10:05 PM

Don’t mess with those Chinese

by Anonymousreply 6June 4, 2020 10:06 PM

Maybe you need a little bit of weight loss...

by Anonymousreply 7June 4, 2020 10:29 PM

I don't quite follow that article. It says people send the products and then leave 5 star reviews as you which brings the rank of the product up, and that Amazon users end up paying for these items through higher prices. This isn't like shoplifiting, Amazon is sending these products because someone with an account paid for them, who would that be? It doesn't say that the recipients of the products accounts are charged, but if they are posting as the person who received the item that means they have your login info.

by Anonymousreply 8June 4, 2020 10:32 PM

OP, it was probably sent to you by someone you know, who knows you *very* well, even to the point of knowing your Amazon passwords. A significant other, or an ex, maybe. Someone who picked up and used your phone at a party.

by Anonymousreply 9June 4, 2020 10:35 PM

Lindsay Graham took free stuff from the Chinese, now look at him!

by Anonymousreply 10June 4, 2020 10:39 PM

I'm going to have to wait a few days and see if reviews under my name pop up on Amazon.

(I don't use my real name when I write reviews -- and I've only written one in all the years I've had an acct.)

by Anonymousreply 11June 4, 2020 10:42 PM

I had someone order a $2800 espresso maker on my Amazon account (it was on sale too) and caught it in time to get it cancelled. The scary thing was is that they were going to send it to my home address, which made me think that they were going to watch my doorstep at all times for the delivery. Pretty ballsy of them.

by Anonymousreply 12June 4, 2020 10:52 PM

If someone wants to send me free stuff I’ll write them a good review myself.

by Anonymousreply 13June 4, 2020 10:56 PM

But it's CHEAP, WORTHLESS STUFF

by Anonymousreply 14June 4, 2020 11:00 PM

I bet this is a misdirected order. Why would they bundle those two random items together?

by Anonymousreply 15June 4, 2020 11:01 PM

r15 each item came separately

One of them was definitely from China, based on the Chinese/English packaging. And the "English" was really Chinglish

by Anonymousreply 16June 4, 2020 11:15 PM

R6 yes, be very careful, or the WuFlu will come for you

by Anonymousreply 17June 4, 2020 11:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!