Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I miss Michfest

I know it's been a couple of years, but I still miss those threads. I ended up sort of liking all those attendees!

How would Michfest work if it was happening this year amidst the pandemic?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 6, 2020 5:55 PM

Yet another thing that the QT have ruined for the LGB.

by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2020 7:07 PM

OP:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 4, 2020 7:08 PM

I twirl my vagina cape in honor of Sara.

by Anonymousreply 3June 4, 2020 7:10 PM

I’d make a fortune selling combination face mask/menstrual cups made from biodegradable materials.

by Anonymousreply 4June 4, 2020 7:17 PM

There'd be nutloaf shortages.

by Anonymousreply 5June 4, 2020 7:26 PM

The cheese puffs contest can easily be Zoomed.

by Anonymousreply 6June 4, 2020 7:41 PM

I would imagine social distancing in the menstrual hut could problematic.

by Anonymousreply 7June 4, 2020 7:48 PM

[quote]I miss Michfest

R2 is MISS Michfest!

by Anonymousreply 8June 4, 2020 7:56 PM

Best threads ever.

by Anonymousreply 9June 4, 2020 8:08 PM

Oh, I miss those gals.

If anyone could enforce social distancing, it would be them.

by Anonymousreply 10June 4, 2020 9:48 PM

I am telling you now, so I don’t have to tell you then, please keep 8 feet away from me. I require the extra two due to my need to be entirely gluten free.

by Anonymousreply 11June 4, 2020 11:20 PM

I need money to get wi-fi access, can some sisters donate to my Venmo so I can log on?

Also, I need to pay my electric bill, get a new AC unit, and pay for lube and new DD batteries for my vibrator so I can participate as one with my sisters!

Thanks in advance!

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2020 12:34 AM

I am womyn hear me roar!

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2020 12:36 AM

This thread and your partriarchical question wounds me, OP. There. I have stated my boundaries. DO NOT MAKE ME STATE THEM AGAIN!!

by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2020 12:38 AM

Me too, OP. I used to look forward to the annual ramp-up to Fest in August. The Michfest forums and accompanying DL threads were so much fun.

by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2020 12:45 AM

I think the Michfest threads might be my favorite threads ever and I’ve been here since 2000. I particularly enjoyed the backstories on the gals and the various dramas related to getting there.

So many catch phrases! Like Squirrels. Death. And of course the classic “I’m telling you NOW so I won’t have to tell you THEN!”

Memories.

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2020 12:47 AM

Do not do it.

Do NOT do it.

by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2020 1:10 AM

I'm sorry- all lesbo stuff has been cancelled for 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2020 1:13 AM

"After hours of dialogue and processing, it was decided: There will be additional plug-ins for C-PAP machines but the Land will not be able to accommodate ventilators at this time.

"We realize many of you may disagree with this decision. A conscience-taking will be held in Labrys Tent C at 1 pm for those who want to discuss the ventilator situation."

by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2020 1:14 AM

Will there be Restorative Justice for our vented systers?

THEY CAN'T BREATHE!

by Anonymousreply 20June 5, 2020 1:17 AM

They caynt breathyee!!!! Oh the oppresshyon!!!

by Anonymousreply 21June 5, 2020 1:18 AM

It's actually been 5 years aince the last one.

by Anonymousreply 22June 5, 2020 1:19 AM

Those gals were ridiculous, but every group having fun looks ridiculous to outsiders! I like to think of them getting together this year, all wearing their vagina facemasks outside the orgy field, and congratulating each other on being meat-free, and speculating whether society as a whole can do away with police, and just regulate behavior through social pressure the way they did.

The Trannies should be fucking ashamed of themselves, ruining so much harmless fun for people who are largely despised by society at large.

by Anonymousreply 23June 5, 2020 1:20 AM

Sure, now EVERYONE wants to state their boundaries

by Anonymousreply 24June 5, 2020 1:33 AM

R22. Wow, has it really been five years?

by Anonymousreply 25June 5, 2020 1:48 AM

I am here for the memories !!!!

Fuck the trannies for having ruined Mitchfest.

by Anonymousreply 26June 5, 2020 1:51 AM

Where can one now go to see a Womyn's Drum Circle?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 5, 2020 2:18 AM

Or a Womyn of Color breastcasting session that has to stress it's only open to womyn of color during this lifetime?

by Anonymousreply 28June 5, 2020 2:22 AM

I really ended up liking Denise. Her posts sometimes came across as a bit ridiculous but she seemed like a pretty cool chick and she’s done a lot for lgbt people in her community

by Anonymousreply 29June 5, 2020 2:29 AM

The enforcer of all the rules and regulations....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 5, 2020 2:32 AM

I think back on the end of michfest and scream with angry power. I really don’t understand why the ts couldn’t just let a group of women gather in the woods once a year without them. They never wanted to attend they were just being shit stirrers. Why couldn’t they just start their own festival instead of crashing other people’s?

by Anonymousreply 31June 5, 2020 2:40 AM

This year’s discussion of whether to allow Pan flutes, recorders, and other wind instruments and the virus-laden aerosols they emit would have been entertaining. Do not bring flutes to the drum circle. Do not do it.

by Anonymousreply 32June 5, 2020 2:44 AM

I could have made a fortune this summer selling my homemade vagina masks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 5, 2020 2:47 AM

[quote]"After hours of dialogue and processing, it was decided: There will be additional plug-ins for C-PAP machines but the Land will not be able to accommodate ventilators at this time.

I will need a safe place to store the gasoline for my generator. (I also sometimes use it for my kick-started vibrator. OK-- that's what I use it for ALL the time.)

by Anonymousreply 34June 5, 2020 3:17 AM

I agree this used to be a highlight on the DL calendar.

by Anonymousreply 35June 5, 2020 3:24 AM

Gloves will be frequently changed as volunteers deposit thick slabs of nutloaf onto plates that will not be reused.

by Anonymousreply 36June 5, 2020 3:24 AM

I know two women who went to Michfest and they told me it was everything you would imagine it to be. They said once was enough.

by Anonymousreply 37June 5, 2020 3:33 AM

I did some of my hottest scissoring there!

by Anonymousreply 38June 5, 2020 3:46 AM

I'll never forgive myself for not believing the womyn. I see these deranged heterosexual males harassing women/lesbians all the time now on Twitter, and I just think, "How could I have been so blind?"

by Anonymousreply 39June 5, 2020 3:46 AM

I can't find anything about the Ohio Lesbian Fest. Just old stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 5, 2020 3:50 AM

If there ever was a DL speakeasy (perhaps a topic for a separate thread), I would hope that a knock would be answered by the little door opening and the person outside supplying the password "Sara twirls her vagina cape."

by Anonymousreply 41June 5, 2020 4:06 AM

I miss it, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 5, 2020 4:36 AM

R39 I’m right there with you. Feel bad about dismissing their warnings about MichFest as overwrought at the time.

Turns out that they were right and then some.

by Anonymousreply 43November 6, 2020 5:51 PM

Maybe if the misogynistic right-wing troll digs into lesbians again, Trump's humiliating losses in Georgia and Pennsylvania will go away!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 6, 2020 5:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!