Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why doesn't ANYONE ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER do a fucking search?

EVER

by Anonymousreply 21June 4, 2020 8:25 PM

maybe cause the search function totally sucks?

by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2020 4:44 PM

I always do a thorough search before starting a new thread. Google searches often turn up threads that the DL search function doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 2June 4, 2020 4:47 PM

Why do you care so much OP? Would it have killed you to look at a new thread title? It’s called skimming. Well, would you?

by Anonymousreply 3June 4, 2020 4:48 PM

What do you mean ANYONE, bitch, OP?

I search every time before I post something. The DL search function is indeed SHIT. Sometimes things come up, sometimes not, and yes, me, too, I go to Google, a real search engine, to see what does not show up on the Datalounge search engine.

by Anonymousreply 4June 4, 2020 4:48 PM

Use Google to find a thread. Every time. This site is very well indexed there.

by Anonymousreply 5June 4, 2020 4:50 PM

For three reasons:

1) the site is not very searchable

2) There are no consistencies in how a thread is titled. For instance, here are 3 titles regarding the latest Lea Michele news: "Lea Michele Cancelled!" or "Dumb Glee Bitch gets dragged" or "I Told Y'all, Says Naya Rivera"

3) Everybody wants to start their own thread

by Anonymousreply 6June 4, 2020 4:53 PM

I don't search. If the thread exists, you all will do the work for me.

by Anonymousreply 7June 4, 2020 5:05 PM

Google is great to find old threads

by Anonymousreply 8June 4, 2020 5:06 PM

I'm more annoyed by the bumped threads from 2015, I feel ridiculous when I realize I just gave a "WW" to a 5 year old post.

by Anonymousreply 9June 4, 2020 5:10 PM

By definition, you are not seeing the threads that were NOT created because someone did a search and added to an existing thread. Also, by definition, you have a massive rod up your ass.

by Anonymousreply 10June 4, 2020 5:11 PM

If you had followed your own advice, you would have discovered many threads about this very complaint.

Like this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 4, 2020 5:49 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA, R11! Good one!

Suck on that, OP.

by Anonymousreply 12June 4, 2020 5:52 PM

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 13June 4, 2020 5:52 PM

OP's pussy stinks to high heaven. I recommend you deal with that. Then we'll talk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 4, 2020 5:53 PM

R14 = anti-Cheryl

by Anonymousreply 15June 4, 2020 6:13 PM

Because I AM worse than Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 16June 4, 2020 6:16 PM

r16=Donald Trump

by Anonymousreply 17June 4, 2020 8:14 PM

the search function sucks here.

by Anonymousreply 18June 4, 2020 8:15 PM

r1 and r18 are correct. The search function sucks

by Anonymousreply 19June 4, 2020 8:18 PM

Dear OP

Here is your money back.

Get lost!!!!

by Anonymousreply 20June 4, 2020 8:22 PM

Get a hobby, OP. Is that you, Karen?

by Anonymousreply 21June 4, 2020 8:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!