Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

LA Pride organized BLM March without BLM knowing

LA Pride is getting torn to shreds. Oh, and Sylvia and Marsha again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 7, 2020 6:31 PM

With respect OP, I can never see these IG links you post to because it forces me to log in.

by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2020 3:15 PM

Please, OP: Insta links are for hos only.

by Anonymousreply 2June 4, 2020 3:16 PM

So torn to shreds that every comment on that post is positive.

by Anonymousreply 3June 4, 2020 3:16 PM

They need BLM's permission?

by Anonymousreply 4June 4, 2020 3:21 PM

While we had previously cancelled all in-person events due to COVID-19, we have decided to peacefully assemble a protest in Hollywood, where the first ever permitted Pride Parade took place, in solidarity with the Black community. 50 years ago, Christopher Street West (CSW) took to the streets of Hollywood Boulevard to peacefully protest against police brutality and oppression. We feel that it is our moral imperative to honor the legacies of Marsha P. Johnson and Sylvia Rivera, who bravely led the Stonewall uprising, by standing in solidarity with the Black community against systemic racism and joining the fight for meaningful and long-lasting reform. The California Department of Public Health recommends that participants engaging in the march should wear face coverings at all times. WHEN: Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 10am PT WHERE: Hollywood Blvd. and Highland Ave. Hollywood, CA 90028

Together With Pride, LA Pride

by Anonymousreply 5June 4, 2020 3:22 PM

BiLatinMen

by Anonymousreply 6June 4, 2020 3:24 PM

I'll have to give it to Sylvia Rivera - that psychotic drug addict inserted herself into so many pride events and conversations, that she made herself part of history.

I saw her several times at NYC Pride about 30 years ago. She was a fucking MESS and a pain in the ass. Everyone in the audience at rallies would twitter about her being a liar and grandstander who wasn't actually there.

by Anonymousreply 7June 4, 2020 3:31 PM

. OP wants to put gays against blacks.

by Anonymousreply 8June 4, 2020 3:38 PM

A BLM spokesperson issued a response and then burned down the shops and bars of the LA Pride people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 4, 2020 3:41 PM

I don't see anything wrong with organizing a gay pride march insolidarity with the black community.

Proud of LA Pride of doing this

by Anonymousreply 10June 4, 2020 4:23 PM

If Johnson and Rivera were so important, why did 99% of the population not know they even existed until a few years ago? JFC you'd think they were like Larry Kramer.

by Anonymousreply 11June 4, 2020 4:42 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 4, 2020 5:00 PM

[quote]o honor the legacies of Marsha P. Johnson and Sylvia Rivera, who bravely led the Stonewall uprising,

Except if you actually, you know, listen or read Marsha's own words documented in recorded interviews, she clearly states that 1) She did not arrive at Stonewall til long after all the action happened and 2) Sylvia was passed out on drugs lying on a bench somewhere else in the village.

Fuck these MORONS trying to re-write history.

If they want to honor a Black (technically biracial) person who started Stonewall, why aren't they erecting statues to Storme DeLarverie, who many think actually threw the first punch/brick (though it's not for certain since she wasn't a media whore trying to make it all about her!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 4, 2020 6:05 PM

Stormy Whether is a great drag name.

by Anonymousreply 14June 4, 2020 9:04 PM

I’ve noticed a lot of Black Trans Lives Matter postings on social media in the last 24 hours. Once again the trans movement co-opt something for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 15June 4, 2020 9:07 PM

[quote] Except if you actually, you know, listen or read Marsha's own words documented in recorded interviews,

Link.

by Anonymousreply 16June 4, 2020 9:25 PM

Let's face it, if the struggle for gay rights had really been left in the hands of trans women of color like Marsha and Sylvia, homosexuality would STILL be illegal.

by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2020 12:06 AM

Try watching this documentary and actually LEARN about Marsha. You can hear it in in the doc

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2020 3:28 AM

They are not being torn to shreds! I read the comments! Deplorable division thread!

by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2020 3:33 AM

From a trans writer and "Queer" source: Even they have to report her own words:

"Both Johnson and Rivera denied being the first to fight back against the police during the uprising. In an interview from the 1970s where Johnson recalls the events of the historic night, she confirms "the riots had already started" by the time she arrived at the bar"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 5, 2020 3:36 AM

Three years ago, they made Pride into a Resist protest march. This year they canceled it because of the pandemic, but now that there’s another cause that’s apparently important enough to justify the large crows, it’s suddenly back on.

Why is LA Pride so ashamed of gay people?

by Anonymousreply 21June 5, 2020 3:37 AM

Learn bitch R16: (you can even hear it yourself in Marsha's own voice at link)

"Marsha: The way I winded up being at Stonewall that night, I was having a party uptown. And we were all out there and Miss Sylvia Rivera and them were over in the park having a cocktail.

I was uptown and I didn’t get downtown until about two o’clock, because when I got downtown the place was already on fire. And it was a raid already. The riots had already started. And they said the police went in there and set the place on fire. They said the police set it on fire because they originally wanted the Stonewall to close, so they had several raids. And there was this, uh, Tiffany and, oh, this other drag queen that used to work there in the coat check room and then they had all these bartenders. And the night before the Stonewall riots started, before they closed the bar, we were all there and we all had to line up against the wall and they was all searching us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 5, 2020 3:38 AM

They thought BLM means "Butch Lesbians Matter".

by Anonymousreply 23June 5, 2020 3:43 AM

R15 And yet it'll be the gay community subjected to the backlash

by Anonymousreply 24June 5, 2020 3:50 AM

I don’t understand what that post had to do with BLM, except that it mentioned the black community. Is there a rule that BLM must be consulted before a protest or March is organized?

I’m thinking this is one of those purposely-divisive online tactics.

by Anonymousreply 25June 5, 2020 4:27 AM

R25 Would you like it if "Pride" and other gay organizations were hijacked by nefarious shady entity's?

I don't think you would.

by Anonymousreply 26June 5, 2020 4:36 AM

R26 You're saying that like that hasn't already happened.

by Anonymousreply 27June 5, 2020 5:46 AM

[quote] Is there a rule that BLM must be consulted before a protest or March is organized?

Yes. And a donation must be made.

by Anonymousreply 28June 5, 2020 2:32 PM

Hold up - remember when Pride parades were hijacked by BLM in 2017?

I do. And they didn't notify the Pride parade organizers.

by Anonymousreply 29June 5, 2020 5:41 PM

r7's description of Sylvia Rivera is in line with what people who had encounters with her in the 90s have told me. She was a total druggie mess and a fantasist.

by Anonymousreply 30June 6, 2020 11:02 PM

This is the excellent "Stonewall Uprising" documentary PBS did about ten years ago. Actual participants are interviewed. Worth watching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 7, 2020 6:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!