Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Craft

One little thing that's always bothered me that's insignificant but when Fairuza's character's stepfather dies he lives her and the mom a whole whopping 175k but shows them moving to an upscale apartment. 175k isn't that much.

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2020 3:04 AM

It was 96. And I'm sure they were renting not buying (like most of LA). Poor financial decisions when trash get cash is basically a given.

by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2020 2:46 AM

Shit that was a long time ago R1. I didnt realize. I only thought about it because I'm catching it on Ovation.

by Anonymousreply 2June 4, 2020 2:57 AM

The juke box alone must have been a cool $10K

by Anonymousreply 3June 4, 2020 2:59 AM

Poor Nancy didn't get to enjoy that apartment for long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 4, 2020 8:39 AM

Love this movie. Is it time for a remake?

by Anonymousreply 5June 4, 2020 11:37 AM

That bothered me too, she gets a new convertible and they move into an apartment that even in the late 90s must’ve been worth way more than $175k. Why couldn’t they just say he left $1million?

by Anonymousreply 6June 4, 2020 11:58 AM

R5, Yes, it is. And it is already getting one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 4, 2020 12:24 PM

That makes more sense R6. Unless mama invested wisely with a quick return.

by Anonymousreply 8June 4, 2020 12:25 PM

There is no way anyone will be better than Fairuza Balk as Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 9June 4, 2020 12:26 PM

[quote] The juke box alone must have been a cool $10K

Is that with or without the Connie Francis records included?

by Anonymousreply 10June 4, 2020 12:54 PM

I believe it was $15,000.00.

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2020 1:18 AM

That always bothered me, too. They'd probably be broke again in a few months with the way they were spending. It's still a really enjoyable movie.

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2020 1:30 AM

R12 which is fairly common when poor people get a windfall.

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2020 3:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!