Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nirvana Bassist Deletes Twitter After Backlash For Coming Out

as a Trump supporter - Krist Novoselic - writing

Wow!!! I know many of you can’t stand him, however, Trump knocked it out of the park with this speech,” Novoselic wrote in a lengthy statement, which can be read in full below. While Novoselic agreed that “the president should not be sending troops into states – and he legally might not be able to anyway – nevertheless, his tone in this speech is strong and direct.”

Novoselic continued: “I have been watching the images in the media and thinking about how polarized our country is. I mean, even wearing medical masks in public can be seen as a political statement! The violence (and not the protests) appear as a leftist insurrection. Imagine if so-called ‘patriot militias’ were raising this kind of hell? If this were the case, left wing people would welcome federal intervention. Most Americans want peace in their communities and President Trump spoke to this desire. Never mind the legal details that few understand — Trump said he would stop the violence and this speaks to many.”

While Novoselic has apparently quit Twitter, at least for the time being, angry fans have continued to post their disillusionment regarding the grunge icon’s statement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 4, 2020 8:24 PM

I recall that Kurt's mom said, after he died, that the remaining Nirvana members were all reactionary homophobes.

by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2020 1:02 AM

He’s a fucking cunt!

by Anonymousreply 2June 4, 2020 1:03 AM

Why is that band still around it died when Kurt died.

by Anonymousreply 3June 4, 2020 1:04 AM

He seems stupid and contagious.

by Anonymousreply 4June 4, 2020 1:06 AM

R1, I somehow find that hard to believe with Dave Grohl?

by Anonymousreply 5June 4, 2020 1:07 AM

". Imagine if so-called ‘patriot militias’ were raising this kind of hell? "

I'll take "armed militia in the Michigan statehouse" for 500, Alex.

by Anonymousreply 6June 4, 2020 1:07 AM

r5 She was very much including him in what she said. IIRC, she was implying that his and Novoselic's reluctant to work with David Geffen was caused by their homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 7June 4, 2020 1:10 AM

Pat Smear is in Foo Fighters and is one fo Dave Grohl's best friends. They wrote a song about homophobia as a fuck you to the Westboro Church. If Dave was homophobic, I think he's now an ally. And fuck Krist!

by Anonymousreply 8June 4, 2020 1:15 AM

Without Kurt he'd be a vinyl record store clerk living with his mom.

by Anonymousreply 9June 4, 2020 1:16 AM

A new update on his now re-opened FB

[quote] To clarify a few things: As an avowed independent, I don’t endorse a major party or candidate. And it feels insane to have to say this , but I don’t support fascism, and I don’t support an authoritarian state. I believe in a civilized society and that we all have to work toward that. Love and thanks to anyone who cares to read this.

me guess, posted under the advice of friends and family or some PR person

by Anonymousreply 10June 4, 2020 1:22 AM

Although many of those protesting are on the left side of the political spectrum, these protests have nothing to do with what party you belong to or your political affiliation. Everybody has skin in this game. The police do police differently and more agressively in Black and POC communties, but don't be fooled that White people are immune to police violence.

Everyone loses when even one of us is harmed. For him to call protesters a "leftist insurrection" speaks volumes about him. Did he say anything about the white supremacists groups infiltrating the protests and instigating violence? Of course not.

by Anonymousreply 11June 4, 2020 1:29 AM

Does he still make music?

Dave Grohl was definitely the one to go on and have a huge career, post-Nirvana.

by Anonymousreply 12June 4, 2020 1:29 AM

Name 3 Dave Grohl songs.

by Anonymousreply 13June 4, 2020 1:33 AM

He was never the cute one.

by Anonymousreply 14June 4, 2020 1:36 AM

I'm over the histronic on twitter. Some people aren't going to agree with SJWs but they don't accept that. Democrats always alienate normal people before elections and then point the fingers at russians and white people when they lose.

by Anonymousreply 15June 4, 2020 1:37 AM

R13, Everlong, Learn to Fly, Monkey Wrench

by Anonymousreply 16June 4, 2020 1:39 AM

R15 LOL “Normal people” like ... who? Trumpers? GTFOH You think all the shit that has gone on for the past 3 years is normal?

by Anonymousreply 17June 4, 2020 1:40 AM

Obviously mentally ill and racist.

by Anonymousreply 18June 4, 2020 1:40 AM

Yes! He's awful! Everyone focus on him and his awfulness!

by Anonymousreply 19June 4, 2020 1:40 AM

R18 which describes all trump supporters

by Anonymousreply 20June 4, 2020 1:41 AM

Dave Grohl swished it up pretty good in this video,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 4, 2020 1:41 AM

Biden is an evil piece of shit. He has the blood of women and children o his hands. He and Obama droned American citizens.

We. Will. Not. Forget.

by Anonymousreply 22June 4, 2020 1:42 AM

^^^Guurl, enough.

by Anonymousreply 23June 4, 2020 1:43 AM

He threw his heavy bass guitar into the air while performing at the VMAs and it smashed his head when it came back down. He has been semi tardish ever since.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 4, 2020 1:44 AM

R15 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 25June 4, 2020 1:44 AM

Trump is the lesser of the two evils between him and Joe Biden. I understand where this Nirvana giy is coming from.

by Anonymousreply 26June 4, 2020 1:46 AM

Block R22 and magically R15 disappears too ...lol

by Anonymousreply 27June 4, 2020 1:48 AM

R26 He's not.

by Anonymousreply 28June 4, 2020 1:49 AM

Another reason not to listen to Nirvana.

by Anonymousreply 29June 4, 2020 1:49 AM

[quote] R234, Black people may have wpn Biden the primary bit they won't win him the election. Nobody else likes Biden other than social media/cable news junkies who are told by billionaire elites who are told who to like and vote for Literally no one else wants to go back to the Obama days. That kind of Democrat's days are over and thank goodness.

[quote] Biden is an evil piece of shit. He has the blood of women and children o his hands. He and Obama droned American citizens. We. Will. Not. Forget.

[quote] I'm over the histronic on twitter. Some people aren't going to agree with SJWs but they don't accept that. Democrats always alienate normal people before elections and then point the fingers at russians and white people when they lose.

We are over your histrionics.

by Anonymousreply 30June 4, 2020 1:49 AM

R6 Did they danage anything or actually shoot anyone?

by Anonymousreply 31June 4, 2020 1:51 AM

R25 is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 32June 4, 2020 1:52 AM

R15 and R25. Nice try, but invoking Twitter drama as being tiresome and using "SJW" as some kind of pithy dismissal does not alter the actual substance of this issue. Trump talked about using military force against American citizens. Down the slippery slope of fascism. This musician praised it.

And yes, let's simply dismiss as "SJWs" those who think it's problematic... like General Mad Dog Mattis.

by Anonymousreply 33June 4, 2020 1:54 AM

if obama was using military force against "white supremacist" these hypocrites would applaud it.

by Anonymousreply 34June 4, 2020 1:57 AM

He's always been a weird guy. Now he's very rich guy whose made it and is pretty much, "fuck everyone else". Most rich people are. I don't even know why he cares. This isn't affecting him. He lives on a farm and he's worth enough money to last 5 lifetimes

I will admit, I wouldn't want to work with/for david geffen either. He's scum

by Anonymousreply 35June 4, 2020 2:29 AM

r34 Useless comment... and is clear you didn't pay attention. Huge pushback from progressives AGAINST Obama for using drones all over the world as lethal tools.... exponentially more deaths than under Bush. Also, huge increases in deportations.

There were many wonderful things about Obama, but he received real and relentless criticism from the left.

by Anonymousreply 36June 4, 2020 2:37 AM

R36, He recieved crititicisim from what was then known as the FRINGE left. The MSM kept their tongues firmly planted in his anal cavity for the full 8 years.

by Anonymousreply 37June 4, 2020 3:44 AM

R37 Revisionist history... history you want because it satisfies some internal need or supports your argument. Remember even this campaign Bernie was defending his suggestion that Obama needed to be primaried in 2012. But I'm sure Bernie, who almost was nominated in 2016, is FRINGE to you.

by Anonymousreply 38June 4, 2020 3:47 AM

R38, Bernie was getting his ass handed to him by the mainstream media at that time. And he didnt have the movement he has now then. Peopl3 acted like he committed a cardinak sin by questioning Obama.

And of course anything not fawning over Obama was dismissed as racist .

by Anonymousreply 39June 4, 2020 3:52 AM

Did this cunt speak out against the murdering White Supremacists at Charlottesville?

by Anonymousreply 40June 4, 2020 3:53 AM

[quote] Bernie was getting his ass handed to him by the mainstream media at that time

This never happened. Bernie was treated with kid gloves up until the later part of the 2020 primary. Until then, he was never seriously challenged.

by Anonymousreply 41June 4, 2020 3:55 AM

Side note: It's hilarious how Bernie wanted to primary Obama and then tried to make it seem like Obama loved him in his commercials for this year's primary. What a joke.

by Anonymousreply 42June 4, 2020 3:55 AM

R41, Are you kidding? He was portrayed as a sexidst by the media for not getting out of the way for Hillary. The media defamed him every step of the way and continue to even to this day. 5 years straight of constant defamation

by Anonymousreply 43June 4, 2020 3:58 AM

How did they "defame" him? If anything, the media helped spread the BS that the democratic primary was rigged. Which only helped Bernie, so he has no reason to complain.

by Anonymousreply 44June 4, 2020 4:01 AM

R44, Nope. That was spread on social media and by far left news outlets. The MSM covered for the DNC and Hillary

by Anonymousreply 45June 4, 2020 4:10 AM

Except there was nothing to cover for because nothing wrong was done. There was no rigging of the primary. It makes a great conspiracy, I know. But it never happened.

by Anonymousreply 46June 4, 2020 4:12 AM

This shitty band is one of the most overrated bands ever.

by Anonymousreply 47June 4, 2020 4:15 AM

OMG I just bought a pair of Nirvana Stance socks!

I don’t think I will wear them now. They are unopened, so at least I can return them.

Unlike the Michael Jackson socks I’m stuck with!

by Anonymousreply 48June 4, 2020 4:22 AM

For some reason, this one caught me by surprise.

by Anonymousreply 49June 4, 2020 4:33 AM

R8, I am not sure about Pat Smear. Think he is currently married to a woman (not that this makes you straight, but I was surprised when I found out, as I also thought he was supposed to be super gay).

by Anonymousreply 50June 4, 2020 5:11 AM

Weird that he would end up being a Trumpeteer. Kurt most certainly would not approve of Trump or the MAGA rally crowds.

by Anonymousreply 51June 4, 2020 5:11 AM

Kurt wanted to shed these two backup musicians, and his psycho wife. But he never got the chance. Now he's dead and they're rich.

by Anonymousreply 52June 4, 2020 5:12 AM

Once during a Nirvana show Krist was clever and threw his bass guitar up in the air. He forget to move out of the way before the dang thing crashed into him. I wonder if this Trumpery wet kiss is brain damage.

by Anonymousreply 53June 4, 2020 5:15 AM

[quote] Kurt wanted to shed these two backup musicians

R52, I never knew that?

by Anonymousreply 54June 4, 2020 5:23 AM

He's a 60 yo white guy, of course he supports Chump.

by Anonymousreply 55June 4, 2020 6:23 AM

Donna Brazille says otherwise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 4, 2020 6:46 AM

Something stinks in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 57June 4, 2020 6:58 AM

Nothing in that article proves that it was "rigged"--that headline is pure sensationalism.

by Anonymousreply 58June 4, 2020 7:00 AM

Jesus Krist!

by Anonymousreply 59June 4, 2020 7:05 AM

Let’s get some FFs going in here, shall we? Enough with these racists.

I want them out of my sight. They make sick already.

by Anonymousreply 60June 4, 2020 7:12 AM

One of the disadvantages to blocking Trump trolls/Bernie cultists is that you can't see their posts anymore to FF.

by Anonymousreply 61June 4, 2020 7:40 AM

Fox News polls: Trump trails Biden in Ohio, Arizona and Wisconsin

by Anonymousreply 62June 4, 2020 7:41 AM

Did any of those Nirvana dudes have working, big, veiny, rock star cock?

by Anonymousreply 63June 4, 2020 10:05 AM

R63 No. Look to Courtney Love for that.

by Anonymousreply 64June 4, 2020 10:28 AM

He’s always been a brilliantly provocative political analyst:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65June 4, 2020 10:31 AM

Yeah, R65. He's a turdblossom alright.

by Anonymousreply 66June 4, 2020 10:45 AM

What was he on in the video at R65?

by Anonymousreply 67June 4, 2020 1:49 PM

He said he's an independent yet he called the protests a "leftist insurrection." That's not the language of an apolitical independent like he tries to describe himself as.

R54, toward the end of his life, Kurt was reportedly expressing irritation with the other two members, who were mad at the "Kurt and Courtney" publicity. You could see definite tension in interviews. His inclusion of Pat Smear in the band was seen as his first step in getting away from the others, and if I recall, Dave ran off for several months. A few years ago Courtney explained that was Dave being understanding and giving them space, but Krist didn't, and he kept hounding Kurt to clean up and go back to recording ASAP, which made Kurt feel "ganged up on."

by Anonymousreply 68June 4, 2020 3:25 PM

[quote] exponentially more deaths than under Bush

Are you going to offer some proof for that statement? Because if you can't, then you have given us another reason to ignore you.

by Anonymousreply 69June 4, 2020 3:39 PM

This would have been an interesting thread had the BernieBro not decided to spam the whole thing with "Biden sucks!" replies.

by Anonymousreply 70June 4, 2020 3:44 PM

R50 Pat is the biggest non gay princess of all time. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he ever had a cock shoved up his ass or a cock in his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 71June 4, 2020 3:50 PM

R69 This was common knowledge. And it took five seconds on Google. But go ahead and FF me if it makes you happy. Peace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72June 4, 2020 5:01 PM

R72, the article is idiotic because it compares Obama's drone strikes with GWB's. GWB used war. A million died in Iraq because of his war.

It's like comparing Obama's drone strike's to George Washington's.

Utter nonsense from the right

by Anonymousreply 73June 4, 2020 5:11 PM

Is anybody checking for this asshole who hasn’t been relevant for 25 years?

by Anonymousreply 74June 4, 2020 5:24 PM

R73 Not from the right, leftist have commented on this a lot. Truly, you could do a little research rather than rush to post on a social media site. Information, critically reviewed... what a concept.

by Anonymousreply 75June 4, 2020 5:25 PM

Critically reviewed information from a blog called "The Bureau Investigates"? Okay, sure,

by Anonymousreply 76June 4, 2020 5:33 PM

thebureauinvestigates dot com is the Bureau of Investigative Journalism? Yeesh, terrible URL.

But they're the ones who boffed the McAlpine situation, right? And their editor is formerly of The Mail on Sunday?

Anyway, Obama's use of drone warfare doesn't really have anything to do with what Krist said, and I don't know why you're defending the "histrionic" dude who brought it up in the first place. Also, it's true that comparing W to Obama in drone warfare only, rather than overall warfare, is useless. Compare the death toll under W to the death toll under Obama, regardless of what weaponry was used.

by Anonymousreply 77June 4, 2020 5:40 PM

R77 The original point was that the left "had its nose up Obama's ass" and would never criticize him for anything. The drone thing was intended to be but one concrete example. I am DSA, and that was commonly expressed concern in those circles. And the left in general constantly criticized Obama - "neo-liberal corporatist policies, never closing Guantanamo, trade deals with no human rights/labor rights elements, stopping at the Republican-lite Obamacare and not pushing for single payer..." on and on. To say Obama had no criticism from progressives is revisionist history, and patently untrue.

But now back to the thread about responses to Trumps oppressive militarist threats....

by Anonymousreply 78June 4, 2020 5:47 PM

R78 is all over the Antifa thread cheering them on. PSA on the DSA.

by Anonymousreply 79June 4, 2020 6:11 PM

I am R78 and I haven't posted on the Antifa thread at all. Anitfa bores the hell out of me. So don't know what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 80June 4, 2020 7:06 PM

R74: DataLounge seems to be mostly a GenX board. People here will always have at least a mild interest in anything relating to Nirvana/Kurt/Courtney, Winona Ryder, River Phoenix, Christian Slater, Michael J. Fox, and other people who were famous when they were in their teens and twenties.

by Anonymousreply 81June 4, 2020 7:16 PM

Does he have Eastern Euro Nazi-lover blood?

by Anonymousreply 82June 4, 2020 7:18 PM

R80 I got you mixed up with someone else. The DSA have a few public supporters of Antifa, so it fit with my image of them. Not fair to you, sorry I jumped the gun.

by Anonymousreply 83June 4, 2020 7:25 PM

Well, he is a very sick man. Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 84June 4, 2020 7:32 PM

R21, that music video still cracks me up all of these years later.

I was glad Dave cut his hair -- he looks much better with short hair.

by Anonymousreply 85June 4, 2020 7:51 PM

R83 Thanks, social media posters don't usually clarify and apologize like you.

I'm DSA for decades, but I was completely pissed off by those who resisted voting for Clinton/against Trump in 2016. So kind of middle of the road DSA if that's possible.

The Antifa character is.... well not one thing. There are so many different people with varied motivations under that umbrella. I've known (well, friends' kids) who were dumpster diving anarchists... absolutely wanting to bring the whole system down, and happy to see destruction of property as a necessary step in that. I also saw a shallowness and thrill seeking in them..... just the flip side of some jock bullshit. I find them tedious and narcissistic. Other than that....

by Anonymousreply 86June 4, 2020 8:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!