Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Senator Tammy Duckworth eviscerates Trump and his entourage.

Speaking on trumps walk from the White House to St. John's Church, she went for their guts.

I love this:

Walking like lapdogs behind a five-time draft dodging coward who is more interested in looking like a leader than actually being one," Sen. Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill., who lost both legs in combat as a military helicopter pilot in Iraq, said of Esper and Milley, "sends a horrifying message to our troops — including our black and brown troops — that our military's leaders will not protect them from unlawful orders."

I gotta say, I love Tammy. She's a true hero.

by Anonymousreply 69July 8, 2020 7:36 AM

Sorry, I forgot to include the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 3, 2020 7:07 PM

Love her!

by Anonymousreply 2June 3, 2020 7:08 PM

Biden-Duckworth 2020!

by Anonymousreply 3June 3, 2020 8:31 PM

R3, I could get behind that!

by Anonymousreply 4June 3, 2020 8:51 PM

R4, this event has provided a great opportunity for Duckworth to demonstrate how competent and understanding she is. I really hope Biden chooses her.

by Anonymousreply 5June 3, 2020 8:59 PM

R5, dream ticket. Someone make it happen!

by Anonymousreply 6June 3, 2020 9:00 PM

R6, she was vetted two or three weeks ago. Fingers crossed!!!

by Anonymousreply 7June 3, 2020 9:04 PM

That interview was great, I hope her name is in the hat for VP.

by Anonymousreply 8June 3, 2020 9:08 PM

She takes no shit.

I do love her.

by Anonymousreply 9June 3, 2020 9:20 PM

She can't be president ( if it came to that), since she was born in Thailand. People born in foreign countries can't serve as president, unless they're Republicans named Cruz.

by Anonymousreply 10June 3, 2020 9:24 PM

R10, no, Cruz qualified since his father was an American citizen, Tammy's situation is similiar. One of the quirks of American citizenship I guess.

by Anonymousreply 11June 3, 2020 9:29 PM

“Natural born citizen” includes those born to an American parent. It’s just not an issue, especially given her military service.

by Anonymousreply 12June 3, 2020 10:05 PM

Wow! I hadn't heard about Tammy being in contention. I never heard hen name mentioned. I too would be behind her as VP. She'd be a strong leader and be able to take over if Joe can't make it all the way. Oh yes! Biden-Duckworth-2020!!!!

by Anonymousreply 13June 3, 2020 10:16 PM

Then why the fuck did the birther crap exist at all since Obama's family has been here even longer than Trump's? Why was a fucking Ted Cruz allowed to run if it matters where someone is born? Or does it only apply if your name is Barack Hussein Obama?

I hate the GOP as much as I hate ISIS. I see no difference.

Such a garbage political party full of vermin and parasites.

by Anonymousreply 14June 4, 2020 12:31 AM

I loved the way she dismissed Tom Cotton on the Lawrence O'Donnell show last night by saying he just a side show.

by Anonymousreply 15June 4, 2020 12:35 PM

he's ^^

by Anonymousreply 16June 4, 2020 12:36 PM

Times coverage today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 26, 2020 2:11 AM

I would be over the moon if he selects her. Imagine Pence vs Duckworth in the VP debate. She would pull him through the grinder.

by Anonymousreply 18June 26, 2020 2:14 AM

I don't want to hear about where she was born.

REMINDER: TED CRUZ RAN.

by Anonymousreply 19June 26, 2020 2:16 AM

John McCain did, too. He was born in Panama.

by Anonymousreply 20June 26, 2020 2:18 AM

She’s the best pick to win the swing states, but she’s not whom the media, BLM, and left Twitter want. They have the power now.

by Anonymousreply 21June 26, 2020 2:34 AM

She's terrific. Is she even in the list? I'd be surprised since the DP leadership has no courage or imagination.

by Anonymousreply 22June 27, 2020 6:22 AM

Frank Bruni

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 28, 2020 1:31 PM

No, the V-P has to be black. BLM would riot if it's not.

by Anonymousreply 24June 28, 2020 6:10 PM

I would love her as VP.

by Anonymousreply 25June 28, 2020 6:29 PM

[quote]She’s the best pick to win the swing states, but she’s not whom the media, BLM, and left Twitter want. They have the power now.

They also wanted Bernie Sanders. Turns out they actually don’t have any power.

by Anonymousreply 26June 28, 2020 6:35 PM

They didn't want Kamala Harris, either: black voters did not show up for her.

Two thirds of black voters don't care if the VP nominee is black. Black Democrats WHO ACTUALLY VOTE are relative moderates. And they hate Trump with a passion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 28, 2020 8:29 PM

[quote]No, the V-P has to be black. BLM would riot if it's not.

Does it ever get exhausting being this tiresome?

by Anonymousreply 28June 28, 2020 8:34 PM

No, just correct, R28 and you know it.

by Anonymousreply 29June 28, 2020 10:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 30, 2020 7:09 PM

[quote]Walking like lapdogs behind a five-time draft dodging coward

She was that tough talking, active service, leg amputating little girl.

Look out, Kamala... Tanny got her gun.

by Anonymousreply 31June 30, 2020 7:12 PM

R21 but importantly, Biden doesn't give a shit about left twitter

by Anonymousreply 32June 30, 2020 7:28 PM

R32, his advisors, sadly, totally care about left Twitter. I hope Obama steps in and gives his advice. I think he sees the angles.

by Anonymousreply 33June 30, 2020 10:40 PM

From today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 2, 2020 6:38 PM

Also from today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 2, 2020 6:39 PM

BIDEN-DUCKWORTH 2020!!!! So much better than Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 36July 2, 2020 6:40 PM

[quote] but importantly, Biden doesn't give a shit about left twitter

I love how people on Twitter actually think they are a realistic depiction of the country/world as a whole. Wait until they find out Bernie LOSTTTTTTTTT .

by Anonymousreply 37July 2, 2020 6:42 PM

Duckworth IS the best contender but probably will not get it because she's not black. We back to the days of adverse action when we hire based on skin color, not whether a person is qualified or not.

by Anonymousreply 38July 2, 2020 6:44 PM

Biden will suffer for about two weeks if he selects her, with the media questioning his commitment to African-Americans, etc. They'll try to destroy him, but then another story will draw their attention and it'll die down, just as more people learn of her and ragging on Biden for selecting her is increasingly seen as absurd.

by Anonymousreply 39July 2, 2020 6:47 PM

R37, the problem with Left Twitter is that the media love it, and echo it, so its criticisms of Biden become a thing the media covers for a few days. The question is whether Biden gives into those criticisms after the media starts trying to make them blow up.

by Anonymousreply 40July 2, 2020 6:48 PM

The Pod Save America guys have a problem with moderates and Asians: expect vitriol from them, too, if Biden selects her.

by Anonymousreply 41July 2, 2020 6:51 PM

[quote] The question is whether Biden gives into those criticisms after the media starts trying to make them blow up.

Twitter has gone after Biden endlessly since before the primaries. Remember when there were all those far-leftists who had those "Biden drop out" profile pics all over social media? He didn't care then and he doesn't care now. If things were up to twitter, he wouldn't even be in the race at all. Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 42July 2, 2020 6:59 PM

R42, his campaign just provided the racial breakdown of its staff. Why? Because someone started a call for it on Left Twitter and the media made it an issue.

by Anonymousreply 43July 2, 2020 7:01 PM

Biden has said he wants to bring up the percentage of women in administrative positions. Obama had a very diverse staff. Nobody has any reason to think Biden won’t do the same.

If somebody wants to attack a candidate about their lack of diversity, have they ever heard of a guy called Trump?

by Anonymousreply 44July 2, 2020 7:15 PM

R44, the particular issues they're bringing up about Biden are pure pretense: the real issue is they wanted Bernie to win the nomination. That's why they're focusing on Biden and not Trump.

by Anonymousreply 45July 2, 2020 7:16 PM

[quote]Duckworth IS the best contender but probably will not get it because she's not black. We back to the days of adverse action when we hire based on skin color, not whether a person is qualified or not.

When you wrote this and pictured anyone unqualified being non-white, did you stop and think of the types of people who are WHITE and unqualified who run and get elected on the Republican side? I mean you do know who the president is, right? You do know who McCain's VP was, right? You do know Dubya was a fucking idiot, too, right? You clearly have a very short memory. And guess what? Kamala IS actually qualified even if you may not like her, so don't act as though the black people being considered aren't qualified with the exception of Abrams who doesn't have a shot anyway and I feel is very intelligent, but not enough experience - like Buttigieg. Get more experience under your belt, then come back to us.

So when you people snarl at the thought of anyone non-white being considered and instinctively think they are unqualified and then you go onto another thread about how white privilege doesn't exist, I want you to keep in mind the absolute clowns who were white and *allowed* to become president or run to be a seat away from the presidency.

So stop being so hard on Dems, esp., those who are not white because simply being a certain color is not enough - you actually have to have the bona fides to be taken seriously on the Dem side. the clown car of uneducated white trash candidates resides on the right.

by Anonymousreply 46July 2, 2020 7:48 PM

Left Twitter? That BS must be new.

by Anonymousreply 47July 2, 2020 8:42 PM

"If somebody wants to attack a candidate about their lack of diversity, have they ever heard of a guy called Trump?"

Did you silly bitches forget about me?

How much more damned diversity do you need?

by Anonymousreply 48July 2, 2020 8:48 PM

This make me want her for VP more.

by Anonymousreply 49July 3, 2020 3:52 AM

Just as an aside, I wonder how Barr is going to help Trump attempt to steal the election. Voter suppression, investigations of Biden and the VP pick -- emergency powers as well? Suspending elections?

We need to WIN WIN WIN. Barr needs to be investigated after that.

by Anonymousreply 50July 3, 2020 4:00 AM

Tammy Duckworth would be the perfect VP for Joe and then, a fuckin amazing two term president afterwards.

Fuck Left Twitter. Those bitches didn't even bother to get off their lazy, unwashed asses to vote for Daddy Bernie. Why give them any say in pick for the VP? So their twitter trends will be about the newest iphone or canceling some random celebrity on election day as they purposely don't vote, instead of spreding lies about Biden, as they purposely don't vote on election day?

by Anonymousreply 51July 3, 2020 4:07 AM

R51, right??? If Tammy becomes VP, I hope all of left-twitter commits mass suicide. On facebook, almost every comment I've seen on the Duckworth articles today has been positive.

by Anonymousreply 52July 3, 2020 4:12 AM

Anyone who questions Tammy Duckworth's American citizenship because of her birth in Thailand to an American father, she fully qualifies to be a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution, if she cared to grace that fussy group with her stellar presence.

I really like her, she's got guts and intelligence. There are a number of excellent choices Biden is considering. He's got my support whomever he chooses.

by Anonymousreply 53July 3, 2020 4:15 AM

[quote]R51], right??? If Tammy becomes VP, I hope all of left-twitter commits mass suicide. On facebook, almost every comment I've seen on the Duckworth articles today has been positive.

Then maybe get the hint that "left twitter" doesn't hate Duckworth, but the enablers who call themselves liberal seem to exaggerate the hate from the left as they ignore the right. No one hates Duckworth and no one has said the VP must be black. And don't point to a couple of twitter accounts, because you look foolish doing so.

by Anonymousreply 54July 3, 2020 4:17 AM

[quote] Then maybe get the hint that "left twitter" doesn't hate Duckworth

LOL ok. These were the people trying to convince everyone Bernie was popular with everyone and would win. They were telling Biden to drop out for a year and hated Pete for no reason. They won't like Duckworth anymore than they like Biden.

by Anonymousreply 55July 3, 2020 4:21 AM

Show me the hundreds of tweets from them expressing their hatred for Duckworth. Your hard-on for an imagined enemy doesn't count.

by Anonymousreply 56July 3, 2020 4:37 AM

Pete's fans were way more insane than anyone who disliked him. You built him up into more than he actually was solely because he was gay. If he were black, his lack of experience would've been pointed out by the very people who worshiped him because he was gay and they were gay. As I said about Stacy Abrams - intelligent but inexperienced, like Pete. Get that CV built up before you come for the presidency or VP.

It's interesting that people like you couldn't see you were just as bad as Bernie people with your insane worship of Pete. I saw it with both groups of you nutcases. I can't see being that invested in any political candidate. I vote Dem because only a low-life would vote Republican, but I'm not going to swoon over any of them and I'm sure as hell not going to build them up into more than they are.

by Anonymousreply 57July 3, 2020 4:42 AM

I'll have to admit - when I lived in Chicago and she was running for political office (before her current position), I doubted her 'chops' as a politician.

Well, egg is on my face. She's fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 58July 3, 2020 4:45 AM

Gutsy. From today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59July 3, 2020 4:49 AM

[quote] It's interesting that people like you couldn't see you were just as bad as Bernie people with your insane worship of Pete. I saw it with both groups of you nutcases.

Bernie's fans worshipped him because he was a media whore who promoted empty, extreme slogans who somehow managed to be considered "anti-establishment" even though he was in Washington for more than 30 years. I'm sure there were many people on here who worshipped Pete because he is a gay canddiate but the reason he is worshipped elsewhere is because he was an intelligent, driven man with practical plans for America. I agree with you on his lack of experience but let's not pretend the two groups of the fans are the same--they are and were not.

by Anonymousreply 60July 3, 2020 4:51 AM

Sure, Bernie was "anti-establishment"! "The Establishment" actually works, produces results and stays awake during important meetings, like Trump's Impeachment Trial. Bernie doesn't do and hasn't ever done any if those things, naming two post offices excepted.

In over thirty years, that's all that little Hunchback has done at his job.

by Anonymousreply 61July 3, 2020 4:57 AM

R61, so true.

by Anonymousreply 62July 3, 2020 5:15 AM

Today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63July 4, 2020 7:59 AM

Tucker sucks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 8, 2020 1:10 AM

CNN has the most cynical fucks on staff. WTF:

Tammy Duckworth, now in VP spotlight, won't say if Biden should select a Black running mate

By Gregory Krieg and Kate Sullivan, CNN

Updated 3:57 PM EDT, Mon July 06, 2020

by Anonymousreply 65July 8, 2020 1:13 AM

Tammy is a hero, we need her. I like Kamala a lot but she might be better used as the AG, Her takedowns are amazing.

by Anonymousreply 66July 8, 2020 1:30 AM

[Quote] Get more experience under your belt, then come back to us.

This should be the model for showing one's disagreement but still remaining civil and showing a willingness to continue the debate. Well done, r46

by Anonymousreply 67July 8, 2020 2:02 AM

Wonder who Tucker and Cheeto are worried will be Biden’s VP pick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 8, 2020 7:32 AM

Shithead Tucker called her a coward and a fraud tonight. I hope Biden picks her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 8, 2020 7:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!