Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New Yorkers... can you explain why Cuomo came down so hard on DiBlasio over last night?

Is DiBlasio failing to adequately resource the unrest?

by Anonymousreply 35June 5, 2020 3:52 PM

Because looters have been in charge of the night.

by Anonymousreply 1June 2, 2020 9:13 PM

Yes he’s the worst mayor in the history of NYC!

by Anonymousreply 2June 2, 2020 9:16 PM

Now that the nursing home debacle has been made public Cuomo is in for some of the worst poll numbers of his entire career. This is a pathetic attempt to shift that story.

And I'm not de blasio fan. I hate him too

by Anonymousreply 3June 2, 2020 9:34 PM

Cup o has always hated and attacked de Blasio. He probably hated him in a prior life, it’s that basic.

by Anonymousreply 4June 2, 2020 9:38 PM

R3, oh please, Cuomo’s approval ratings are still sky high. If anything happens to Biden, Cuomo will be drafted to be the nominee

by Anonymousreply 5June 2, 2020 9:45 PM

DeBlasio is a hapless dudebro and whatever you think about Cuomo, he’s not dumb. He is frequently frustrated by DeBlasio and they have not ever been on the same page since the pandemic started. Now, they are grappling with this. Cuomo will step all over DeBlasio’s toes if he thinks he needs to. And DeBlasio feels minimalized. Totally agree, it’s almost like they have unfinished business from a past life. They can’t stand each other and it’s quite apparent.

by Anonymousreply 6June 2, 2020 9:46 PM

While I think Cuomo would shank his own beloved mother, I can't help but be amused at his hostility & scorn at DiBlasio, who is a smug, Bernie Bro prick. Plus, Cuomo probably rightly feels that the mismanagement of the riots reflects poorly on him as the more visible face of NY - and one with national aspirations - rather than the hapless moron DiBlasio

by Anonymousreply 7June 2, 2020 9:57 PM

There were no cops in midtown where the looting happened, WTF diBlah-sio?. They all had their thumbs up their asses over in Brooklyn hassling the dispersing real protestors instead of managing the fake agitatorS wreaking havoc in Manhattan.

by Anonymousreply 8June 2, 2020 10:11 PM

That wasn't mismanagement or incompetence. The cops absolutely want the looting to happen. They think it's good PR for them and it makes people think theyre more necessary than they really are.

What they actually want is to beat the shit out of protestors

by Anonymousreply 9June 2, 2020 10:13 PM

[quote]Is DiBlasio failing to adequately resource the unrest?

Because de Blasio has 38,000 police officers at his disposal and they're not being effective.

Also he mentioned the "videos." Which would be of people looting and of course cops beating the shit out of protesters.

Cuomo had to call in the New York Attorney General Letitia James on Saturday to conduct a report on officers acting aggressively toward protesters.

Her office even asked for people to send her videos directly and they were getting slammed.

Cuomo has "offered" to call in the State Police and National Guard and de Blasio has said no.

(Also add into the fact that de Blasio's own daughter got arrested, cops leaked ALL of her personal information in retaliation, but that's a whole other mess which made de Blasio look like a bitch on TV.)

by Anonymousreply 10June 2, 2020 10:25 PM

Andrew began his briefing today with a plethora of Bible verses, then went on to cite the law that says you can't use military for political gain and then he continued to pepper the entire briefing thus far with Bible verses. Wonder who all these biblical references are aimed at? lol

by Anonymousreply 11June 3, 2020 3:53 PM

Warren Wilhelm Junior may not be Trumpian style evil but he has the worst instincts of any politician ever

He is a bumbling fool and Cuomo is anything but and that frustrates him to no end.

by Anonymousreply 12June 3, 2020 3:57 PM

As someone who doesn't live in NY or follow their politics closely, DeBlasio seemed to be the liberal golden child when he was first elected. But watching him in those Democratic debates, he just came off as a bumbling douchebag. What am I missing here, New Yawkers?

by Anonymousreply 13June 3, 2020 4:03 PM

He sort of slipped in because of random chaos in the ranks of his opponents and was never the golden child of anything R13

His fan base is very small if it exists beyond his immediate family at all.

by Anonymousreply 14June 3, 2020 4:14 PM

Had Anthony Weiner not had another poorly timed episode of perversion, De Blasio would never have won that race and none of us would ever have heard of him

by Anonymousreply 15June 3, 2020 4:15 PM

Thanks for that R14 and R15! Seems like New Yorkers don't care for DeBlasio, but then again it seems like you all always hate whoever is the mayor. ;)

by Anonymousreply 16June 3, 2020 4:18 PM

Yeah, R14 is right. He was never a golden child, he was just what was there. One thing most NYers agree on is that he’s a dumbass.

That bible verse thing is hilarious and now I’m sorry I missed today’s press conference.

by Anonymousreply 17June 3, 2020 4:31 PM

He did get a lot of celebrity endorsements that got him attention early on. Sarah Jessica Parker and Alex Bladwin endorsed him early, before anyone took him seriously. That event specifically is a major reason I ignore celebrities in politics now. They have no fucking clue what they're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 18June 3, 2020 4:33 PM

Boss is making NY and Cuomo look bad.

by Anonymousreply 19June 3, 2020 4:37 PM

Cuomo hates DeBlassio on a primal level. They have never gotten along and you will never see them together sharing a podium. DeBlassio is a doofus but I'm not sure why Cuomo hates him so much.

by Anonymousreply 20June 3, 2020 5:06 PM

DeBlasio....LASIOLL

Cuomo is a difficult person and a bully, But compared to Trump he's looking great.

by Anonymousreply 21June 3, 2020 5:20 PM

Trump is threatening to send the National Guard to NYC which is not necessary. Cuomo is pissed that DeBlasio can’t get this under control.

by Anonymousreply 22June 3, 2020 6:49 PM

[quote] Trump is threatening to send the National Guard to NYC which is not necessary.

As well as illegal.

(Unless the governor asks for it, which we know damn well Cuomo wouldn’t ask shit from him unless it was absolutely necessary for NYers.)

by Anonymousreply 23June 3, 2020 7:09 PM

DeBlasio is ineffectual but Cuomo is also a vindictive douche who wants to build his popularity while hiding his own shortcomings.

by Anonymousreply 24June 3, 2020 7:11 PM

^^We have a winner!

by Anonymousreply 25June 3, 2020 7:24 PM

Cuomo has already offered the National Guard to de Blasio and he turned them down.

by Anonymousreply 26June 3, 2020 9:37 PM

R9 I was listening to the NYC broadcastify feed that night because I was concerned about an apartment I have in NYC. You couldn't be any further from the truth. They were completely overwhelmed. At one point I called the doorman to let him know about scanner calls about looters that were moving closer to my area. He called me back to let me know what happened and said he tried to call 911 but due to the volume of calls he got a voicemail.

by Anonymousreply 27June 3, 2020 9:48 PM

“Hello, and thank you for calling 911. Your call is important to us. Please listen to the complete options as our menu has changed.

“If you’re having a heart attack, press 1; if you’re getting shot at, press 2; if you’re on fire, in either midtown or the north Bronx, press 3; Brooklyn or Staten Island, press 4....”

by Anonymousreply 28June 3, 2020 10:46 PM

Cuomo is the man. He works around the clock and has done so many great things for the city. It makes me nauseated to watch him with his brother in CNN, but he really is an amazing governor.

by Anonymousreply 29June 3, 2020 10:49 PM

Pretty sure R27 is full of shit. I have not seen a single report of any looting of homes or apartments, just businesses

by Anonymousreply 30June 3, 2020 10:50 PM

Maybe it was a gay contingent who wants his dildos.

Especially the pink one.

by Anonymousreply 31June 3, 2020 10:55 PM

Big Bird and Cuomo are mortal enemies.

Here’s the thing I can’t figure out about Big Bird... he panders to the black community, on the face of it. But he isn’t doing them any favors, really. His handling of NYCHA is almost criminal. And he’s got this paternalistic attitude.

by Anonymousreply 32June 3, 2020 11:19 PM

R24 Thank you. So many people have died under Cuomo's watch. His moronic statements about New York having the best healthcare and that NYS is Italy turned out to be complete bullshit. It must irk Emperor Cuomo that Warren Wihelm wanted to close down NYC and he didn't. Cuomo's stupidity and stubbornness on that issue cost many lives.

by Anonymousreply 33June 3, 2020 11:30 PM

R30 my apartment is in a building with stores on the ground floor with one being a jewelry store that is right next to the main residential entrance.

Pretty sure you live on a farm and have never been to a building larger than an outhouse.

by Anonymousreply 34June 4, 2020 2:20 AM

Side note:

Cuomo just said in his briefing, 6/5/20, that he just spoke to the elderly man who was knocked over by those cops.

by Anonymousreply 35June 5, 2020 3:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!