Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dr. Anthony Fauci hasn't spoken with President Trump in two weeks

Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the most prominent members of the White House coronavirus task force, said on Monday that he has not spoken to or met with President Donald Trump in two weeks.

Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, added that that his contact with the president has become much less frequent.

Their last interaction was May 18, when Trump invited Fauci to provide medical context during a teleconference with the nation's governors. The Task Force last met on May 28 and last held a White House press briefing on May 22.

News that the pair haven't communicated in two weeks comes during a critical period in the U.S. coronavirus response as all 50 states have relaxed social distancing measures even as the virus' death toll continues to climb. As of Tuesday, at least 1.8 million Americans have contracted the virus and at least 105,000 have died, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 4, 2020 3:53 PM

Trump knows he can't fire Fauci without a huge firestorm of Americans condemning that...so he ghosts him

by Anonymousreply 1June 2, 2020 3:53 PM

WEAK!

by Anonymousreply 2June 2, 2020 4:09 PM

R1, I don't think Dump has any qualms about firing Fauci. I can only assume he's holding onto him because the pandemic is still in full swing and he needs Fauci.

by Anonymousreply 3June 2, 2020 4:10 PM

He isn’t upset about this, is he? He’s been blessed.

by Anonymousreply 4June 2, 2020 4:34 PM

Pretty obvious that trump has been bored with the virus for at least a month now

by Anonymousreply 5June 2, 2020 4:40 PM

This the utterly pathetic. Trump would rather go with his gut than trust science. And, in the end, America is in the midsts of a disaster.

We knew it would all end this way. It always does.

by Anonymousreply 6June 2, 2020 5:41 PM

He really can’t take it when people disagree with him or worse, prove him wrong. Pathetic man.

by Anonymousreply 7June 2, 2020 6:02 PM

Fauci was our only hope with Covid

by Anonymousreply 8June 2, 2020 10:23 PM

Haven't you heard and seen? The virus is over, apparently. Everybody is acting like it. Why do we need Fauci?

Our federal leadership and big business is responsible. Us disposable worker bees need to keep the fat cats happy. And fat lazy Americans were all too happy because they were bored at home. Most of these fuckers have never sacrificed a fucking thing in their lives but staying at home for 10 weeks (still being able to go places and go outside mind you) was just toooooo much for their fragile psyche.

We are fucked in more ways than one. This virus will spike with a vengeance then we'll really see how much we didn't suffer before.

by Anonymousreply 9June 2, 2020 10:28 PM

The whole ruining the country with COVID wasn't working out. Trump went with plan B

I wonder which country will save us?

by Anonymousreply 10June 2, 2020 10:31 PM

It’s almost like people think the protests have somehow neutralized the virus. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 11June 2, 2020 10:38 PM

Bill Maher’s target this week was Fauci. He said while Rump has said may wrong things Fauci has contradicted himself many times.

by Anonymousreply 12June 2, 2020 11:16 PM

Fauci has contradicted himself, but this a new virus. Not a lot is known about it. At first all we had was China's word on the virus and what treatments they were using. Covid has mutated 9 times. We still barely know anything about it

Fauci never knowingly mislead anyone, unlike trump

bill maher can go out. Why is he acting like they are arresting anyone that breaks quarantine? I know plenty of people whose lives haven't changed very much.

by Anonymousreply 13June 3, 2020 1:18 AM

Bill Maher has had a major burr up his ass lately. He lets the right wing guests spew their shit and doesn't push back like he used to.

Also, R10, no there was no Plan B because he didn't have a Plan A. He doesn't plan. You think the country looking like NYC was not going to crash the economy? It would have crashed either way because we did not have a Plan A, B, C or Z. If we had properly planned and had enough tests, masks, gear and such, we may have never had to shut down more than a few weeks.

The lockdown worked too well. It made people think things weren't that bad.

by Anonymousreply 14June 3, 2020 1:54 AM

I stand with Fauci

by Anonymousreply 15June 3, 2020 3:01 AM

Agree, he’s bored: he apparently spends more time daubing his wattle than considering the health of the nation he is responsible for.

by Anonymousreply 16June 3, 2020 3:34 AM

Trump or his minions are slowly dismantling the corona virus A team. Testing 'czar' Brett Giroir was just sent back to his room...payback for challenging Trump's projected testing numbers a few weeks ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 3, 2020 5:09 AM

The trolls are Anti-Fauci

by Anonymousreply 18June 3, 2020 5:35 AM

R11 I’ll be interested in seeing what happens in the next two weeks. If there is no huge spike in deaths, I’ll just conclude that the warnings have been vastly overstated and feel more comfortable going outside.

by Anonymousreply 19June 3, 2020 5:36 AM

I suggest St. Fioux or however you spell it host the RNC. Make a solid red state make the sacrifice.

by Anonymousreply 20June 3, 2020 5:39 AM

Fauci and Dr. Scarf Lady did not push the Executive Branch to effective action on anything. They come out of this smelling rotten.

by Anonymousreply 21June 3, 2020 10:24 AM

Fauci better brush up the resume.

by Anonymousreply 22June 3, 2020 10:31 AM

[quote]Fauci has contradicted himself many times.

Because he is a scientist. The scientific method demands that assumptions be challenged. What is true today is necessarily challenged and may prove to be false tomorrow.

Science does not demand rigid belief. Rigid belief is anathema to science. Science is flexible and fungible.

by Anonymousreply 23June 3, 2020 10:35 AM

Trump is a thug and they are afraid of him. We elected a terrible person. Collectively, this is who we chose, and these are the consequences of that very dumb choice. Scary.

by Anonymousreply 24June 3, 2020 2:12 PM

I am sorry but I am not a fan of Fauci, he was a medical doctor, but now he is just a seasoned politician, so is that scarf lady. On Coronavirus, I don't listen to Trump, or Fauci either.

by Anonymousreply 25June 3, 2020 2:39 PM

R6, it’s not even his gut, but his ego, which is even larger than that French fry holder over his belly.

by Anonymousreply 26June 3, 2020 3:47 PM

R19 The warnings were not "vastly overstated". Look at NY/NJ/Italy/Spain as just a few examples. It was always expected to lessen in the summer months. However, if we keep it higher than it should be in the summer months then we could be looking at a helluva second wave.

by Anonymousreply 27June 3, 2020 10:16 PM

I was the supermarket today. Nice, clean people shopping with creative masks on. Social distancing.

However, then I went to an auto parts store. Their A/C was broken and the place seemed dirty and sticky. None of the dozen or so hollering hillbillies was wearing a mask- including the clerks. One tattooed ratchet was standing in front of a fan holding a baby and coughing.

I went home and took a shower.

by Anonymousreply 28June 3, 2020 10:21 PM

[quote]Why is he acting like they are arresting anyone that breaks quarantine? I know plenty of people whose lives haven't changed very much.

Because self-absorbed crybabies can't stand being subjected to limitations. Only those who actually had/have COVID19 were/are quarantined. The rest of us were merely asked to wear masks, give people enough personal space (finally), and put up with untrimmed hair for a while. People in quarantine don't get to take walks, line up stores, or order in food. We've had more of our movement curtailed with the riot curfews than we ever did with Safe at Home- I don't see any MAGAtards whining about their "rights" and "freedom" during riots.

by Anonymousreply 29June 4, 2020 3:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!