Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lady Gaga's Chromatica outselling the Top 20 combined in pursuit of Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart

Lola! Bring me the axe!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226June 25, 2020 8:06 PM

Why would anyone ever think that bleached eyebrows on a naturally dark-haired person would look good?

by Anonymousreply 1June 2, 2020 7:02 AM

I don’t love it as much as artpop but there are some good songs although how electronic sounding it is becomes tiresome. I hope it’s a huge hit though. I like her. She works hard and seems pretty honest. Pop is a hard game.

by Anonymousreply 2June 2, 2020 9:49 AM

Honest? With her fake fibromyalgia and PTSD? Her obvious lifting from other artists?

by Anonymousreply 3June 2, 2020 1:38 PM

I hated the single Stupid Love. It sucked bad. I hope there are better songs than that

by Anonymousreply 4June 2, 2020 1:40 PM

Sounds like generic aerobics class muzak.

Oh well, she's probably desperate for a hit. But this doesn't show her growing as an artist. Just as a Vegas act.

by Anonymousreply 5June 2, 2020 3:46 PM

MY NAME IS DALLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 6June 2, 2020 4:34 PM

Chromatica is underwhelming to me as a Gaga fan, but it has some moments. Overall, it is way too electronic. It's still too new and I'm still processing it though. Fun Tonight, Rain on Me, Stupid Love, 911, and Plastic Doll are some of her best songs

by Anonymousreply 7June 2, 2020 10:27 PM

I didn't like Stupid Love when it came out - but now it is my ring tone lol. It grew on me.

by Anonymousreply 8June 2, 2020 10:55 PM

Sales are so low it would be easy to outsell the top 20. Most artists outsell the top 50. Gagz is lucky she will have streaming numbers from Ariana's song. Gagz can't get to #1 on her own. She has 2 #1 songs in 12 years were she is the only singer. Her fans hate Ari because Ari is a zillion times more popular and it is organically popular not Gagz huge amounts of Rec Comp payola. And this song had 7 songwriters? Pathetic!

Isn't Gagz almost 40 and wearing those ridiculous outfits like she is trying to be Ari's age?

by Anonymousreply 9June 3, 2020 1:48 AM

R9, shut up. She has 5 #1s (Bad Romance is the most memorable #2 hit in history, probably, so it should have been 6).

Just Dance (debut single with Colby O' Donnis, hardly a Rihanna feature) Poker Face Born This Way Shallow (Gaga's name and vocal responsible for 70% of this song's success and the Oscar win) Rain On Me (a duet/collaboration that equally features both women, both equally contributed to its success)

5 #1s in 12 years is pretty fucking stellar. And how many top 10 hits? Stupid Love hit #5.

Also, Gaga now has #1s in 3 different decades, and six #1 albums. She has made music history and continues to do so, only a decade into her career. Definitely one of the most luminous music careers in history.

by Anonymousreply 10June 3, 2020 3:04 AM

sounds like Calvin Harris circa 2008-ish? her voice is grating and ruins any good song that could've been.

by Anonymousreply 11June 3, 2020 3:17 AM

Number One

by Anonymousreply 12June 3, 2020 3:19 AM

Chromatica. Romance. I'd like to put you in a trance.

by Anonymousreply 13June 3, 2020 3:51 AM

I listened tiday and thought it sounded safe and somewhat dated. Although I do love “Enigma.”

by Anonymousreply 14June 3, 2020 3:54 AM

RAIN. ON. ME. Gagz sure knows how to turn a phrase!

by Anonymousreply 15June 3, 2020 3:58 AM

Madonna could never:

Ariana Grande becomes the first person to debut four songs at No. 1, while Lady Gaga has now attained No. 1 singles in three different decades.

This is also Grande's fourth song to debut at No. 1 on this chart -- more than any other artist in history. Mariah Carey, Drake and Justin Bieber each have three.

Gaga is now the third artist to have reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the 2000s, 2010s and 2020s, following Mariah Carey and Beyoncé.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 3, 2020 4:35 AM

Just listened to it. It’s a fun ride through the dance music trends of the years past. I’m not hearing any instant classics but definitely a very well done dance album. This could be considered her “Confessions On A Dance Floor”, since her career tracks pretty closely to Madonna’s.

This record should be all over the clubs, if only they were open. Well done Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 17June 3, 2020 4:58 AM

“Replay” is fucking awesome!! Thank god she didn’t do some boring ballads collection milking the Star Is Born success. She can’t even promote this album and is still pulling in massive numbers.

She raised hundreds of millions of dollars for covid-19 research, used all her purchased album billboards to instead thank health workers and is donating tons to BLM. There’s a reason world leaders and corporate execs are willing to talk to her - she knows her shit. Sure she can do mindless pop music but she is incredibly talented and her interviews are adorable. She reminds me of every Italian-American chick I knew growing up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 3, 2020 7:19 AM

R17. Gaga's career does NOT track anything like Madonna's music career. You can type any crap you want but doesn't make it true.

R2 - honest? Oh, honey.

by Anonymousreply 19June 3, 2020 10:10 AM

I like her too but I'd never buy her music.

by Anonymousreply 20June 3, 2020 11:01 AM

When did pretentious become the new adorable?

by Anonymousreply 21June 3, 2020 12:43 PM

Not surprising since most people just buy tracks instead of whole albums but Gaga has a massive base of fanboys and girls who want to collect everything she does.

by Anonymousreply 22June 3, 2020 1:41 PM

True, R19, Gaga hasn’t been as successful as Madonna.

If you can’t see Madonna’s influence on Gaga, you’re willfully blind. Or you are a Stan who has to believe “her” diva is the best and you are protective. (If you are over 30, this is not a good look to identify with divas so strongly”.

I respect her as an artist though and I think she’s also done a lot of original stuff. And she has more musical talent.

by Anonymousreply 23June 3, 2020 3:50 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 24June 3, 2020 4:23 PM

Gaga has not had 5 #1s solo. Most of them are duets. She cannot have success on her own. The general public does not like her much but she pushes her ugly ass face down our throats with so much mafia money from daddy. 5 #1s in 12 years is laughable when Ari is getting them hand over fist for almost as long. She isn't selling a lot she is getting those EAS from her Ari duet. Gaga is not talent. She has now been exposed as not really being a songwriter and taking far more credit than she deserved (all those documents dumped from the hacker). Her voice is grating and unpleasant. She is ugly and now apparently she is getting tons of plastic surgery and dressing ridiculously when the end result is still ugly. She is not young. When it comes down to it, the general public does not like her. There are a dozen current pop stars who are more successful than she is. I agree, nothing is organic with her. Flop and flop and this turd will be forgotten soon.

by Anonymousreply 25June 3, 2020 9:59 PM

She bundled this album with a tour. Billboard changed its rules for bundling on June 1st so of course she releases her album May 29 to cheat because the tour will be canceled due to coronavirus. And she knew that but like that country dude who just did the same thing, she will cancel knowing in advance she would cancel but will take the tour bundling sales. Shady bitch.

by Anonymousreply 26June 3, 2020 10:01 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 27June 3, 2020 11:40 PM

Who cares? She is not that popular and rides desperately on the coat tails of others for hits. She's nothing without Red One, Ariana, Bradley, Tony, Ronson. She's barely had any hits over 14 years. Nothing b/w 2011 and 2019. What is she doing to her face? She was fug before but damn.

by Anonymousreply 28June 3, 2020 11:47 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 29June 3, 2020 11:49 PM

R27 Not true and she'd be nowhere near 500k. She's not a huge seller and she's lucky she's getting streams thanks to Ariana Grande whose career totally eclipses Gag.

by Anonymousreply 30June 3, 2020 11:50 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 31June 3, 2020 11:51 PM

R31 Ariana is far more popular. She gets actual hits. She doesn't need payola like gaga. Those hacked documents show what a fraud she is and how much money goes into propping her up. Who will she duet with next to get a legit hit not a high debut then plummet down like her solo material?

by Anonymousreply 32June 3, 2020 11:55 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 33June 3, 2020 11:55 PM

r22 she HAD... her former stans have grown up and moved on.

by Anonymousreply 34June 3, 2020 11:55 PM

it's great!

by Anonymousreply 35June 3, 2020 11:56 PM

R33 My sides. She has canceled tours due to low sales with her fake disease of the moment. Unshakeble base? Yeah they'll lap up all the shit she throws at them yet her last 4 solo albums were flops with no hits.

by Anonymousreply 36June 3, 2020 11:58 PM

Damn some of you old bitches need to let it go. She makes fun and catchy pop music, what else do you want? Chromatica is campy trash in the best way IMO. It’s like a love letter to the gay club scene.

by Anonymousreply 37June 4, 2020 12:14 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 38June 4, 2020 12:21 AM

R38 How is this still a thing? She won an Oscar being 1 of 5 songwriters. Woah the talent! Also, that pimp song won sooooo.

Madonna stans would be far more worried about Ariana and about 20 others before Lady Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 39June 4, 2020 12:27 AM

Greta Garbo and Monroe. Battle for your life, Babylon.

by Anonymousreply 40June 4, 2020 12:31 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 41June 4, 2020 12:44 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 42June 4, 2020 12:45 AM

#1! U go girl!

by Anonymousreply 43June 4, 2020 12:48 AM

[quote] Gaga is now the third artist to have reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the 2000s, 2010s and 2020s, following Mariah Carey and Beyoncé.

Mariah's does NOT reallly count, come on. It was a song from the 90s that hit number one, not a newly released single.

by Anonymousreply 44June 4, 2020 12:59 AM

[quote] Lady Gaga has now attained No. 1 singles in three different decades.

Madonna and Janet both did this about 20 years before Lady Gaga did. Nice try though. Madonna wasn't doing shitty duets until 2003. At this rate, Gaga will be looking like Frankenstein in 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 45June 4, 2020 1:01 AM

R41 Bullshit! Ronson and the other writers wrote the vast majority you stupid cunt. And you know it. She did the same thing with that other songwriter on that other movie song. She added a word. She is a fraud.

You little monsters are the ones obsessed with Madonna thinking she cares. Madonna will take being the #1 selling female and #1 touring artist any day. Didn't Madonna already have 27 top tens 12 years into her career and 10 #1s? All solo.

Next singles will flop because the true Queen Ari isn't helping the old lady Gags get another hit.

by Anonymousreply 46June 4, 2020 1:05 AM

Mariah didn't hit #1 in the 2020s. It was a carry over of a 26 year old song. And Mariah is far superior to Lady Gaga. She wishes she had Mariah's success.

by Anonymousreply 47June 4, 2020 1:06 AM

r40 Pop a 911. Papa Don't Preach.

by Anonymousreply 48June 4, 2020 1:07 AM

Rain on me is the first song in a long time that made me actually get up and dance ! The video is fabulous too ! I like GaGa , I always have . This album will put her right back on top,you just watch. I bet Hagdonna is screaming with envy .

by Anonymousreply 49June 4, 2020 1:18 AM

R49 That is what you said about Artpop, Joanne, that other forgotten album I can't think of. Yes, Hagdonna is just in fits thinking maybe this time gaga will finally, finally make it into the lower tier pop stars of the moment. Meanwhile, Dua Lipa, Taylor, Adele, Ari, Beyonce, Lizzo, Camille, Rihanna, Katy, Nikki and so many other current females are far more successful than gaga and actually have the general public caring about their songs. Laugh about Katy but gaga had a far longer dry spell and Katy had far longer and bigger success.

by Anonymousreply 50June 4, 2020 1:24 AM

When you compare Madonna, Mariah, Janet, Beyonce, Adele, Katy's starts in their careers to this fug ass creature, well, says it all.

This thread has been around for 24 hours and only has 50 replies. Says it all, as well.

by Anonymousreply 51June 4, 2020 1:28 AM

Right, Gaga peaked for two fucking years and then couldn't pick up on the fact that the rest of the world didn't care for her "shock value" anymore. Madonna and Mariah had peaks of 6 or 7 years. 7 >>> 2. I think that says something about Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 52June 4, 2020 1:30 AM

Madonna also was in the top 10 selling artists every year from 1985 through 2005 and then remained in the top 20 through about 2008. Compare that to Gaga and, well, one of these things is NOT like the other.

by Anonymousreply 53June 4, 2020 1:31 AM

I'd be careful calling anybody a hag when Gagz is looking like she is approaching 40 with that cut up face and stretched mark laced pancake tits.

by Anonymousreply 54June 4, 2020 1:37 AM

When I played the album for my partner, as soon as he heard "Babylon", he said, "Vogue". The hook is undeniable. But I love the album.

by Anonymousreply 55June 4, 2020 1:45 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 56June 4, 2020 3:07 AM

R56 Madonna is not her rival. Gaga rivals are burying her. Get back to us when Gaga is not in 13th place for current pop tarts.

by Anonymousreply 57June 4, 2020 3:09 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 58June 4, 2020 3:18 AM

Call us when Lady Gaga manages to stay among the 10 top selling artists of the year for 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 59June 4, 2020 3:22 AM

Get real. Adele could release a single of her singing the phonebook and it would bury Gagz.

by Anonymousreply 60June 4, 2020 3:42 AM

Wow, R55, it totally is Vogue!

by Anonymousreply 61June 4, 2020 3:55 AM

Adele only released two albums in the last decade and she completely outsold Gaga. The End.

by Anonymousreply 62June 4, 2020 4:04 AM

"I'm making a dace record again," Gaga tells Apple Music. "and this dance floor, it's mine, and I earned it." She then goes on to pimp, yet again, her supposed mental health issues, addiction, recovery, and sexual assault (what about fibromyalgia?!?!?).

She is the undisputed Queen of Cringe.

by Anonymousreply 63June 4, 2020 4:11 AM

I’m tired of this try-hard cunt.

by Anonymousreply 64June 4, 2020 4:12 AM

She was sexually assaulted and yet had no problem recording a disgusting song and a disgusting video with R Kelly called "Do What You Want With My Body". She's shit.

by Anonymousreply 65June 4, 2020 4:13 AM

Oh my GAWD. "Babylon" is LIFE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 5, 2020 12:50 AM

Babylon is a nice homage to Vogue. And another song sounds like Show Me Love by Robin S. I’m digging the 90s nostalgia

by Anonymousreply 67June 5, 2020 12:58 AM

Yes, a nice homage to Vogue that she will insist is NOT a homage to Vogue.

by Anonymousreply 68June 5, 2020 1:01 AM

It's house like "Vogue" and there's the chant spoken word part, but it's its own song.

Besides, Shep Pettibone used the "Vogue" beat in a remix of Janet's "Miss You Much" before he used it in "Vogue".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69June 5, 2020 1:14 AM

Don't Be Original. Just Be A Drag.

by Anonymousreply 70June 5, 2020 1:36 PM

Gagz really needs to direct her minions to lift material from more obscure artists. Then again, she's never been original, so why start now?

by Anonymousreply 71June 5, 2020 1:48 PM

Hilarious! The Gaga haters are true DL Cunts Cunting at the highest levels of Cuntiness! ROFL!!!

Keep it coming, Cunts!

by Anonymousreply 72June 5, 2020 3:13 PM

[quote] Ariana Grande's most successful album to date sold half what Chromatica is selling in the first week.

WRONG! Ariana's Thank U, Next album debuted with 360k and she had NO bundles to pad her numbers. Chromatica will do much less. Plus, Ariana's album had the highest first week streams of any pop album in history....by a mile.

Gaga had a tour/ticket bundle which added 100k to her numbers, just like Harry Styles did.

by Anonymousreply 73June 5, 2020 4:18 PM

I believe many thought, including me , that she will just be a flash in the pan and that ASIB will be her Glitter, the final nail in the coffin. So good for her to prove us wrong.

by Anonymousreply 74June 5, 2020 4:27 PM

Worse, she's one of those people who will have flukish success, never dissapearing but maybe having a number one hit song every 6 or 7 years or so. If she's lucky.

by Anonymousreply 75June 5, 2020 4:35 PM

Doesn't sound too bad, R75--a number-1 song every 6-7 years? That's more than most singers achieve.

by Anonymousreply 76June 5, 2020 4:39 PM

Is she selling this album for $0.99 like she did that other one awhile back?

You know...to pad "sales"?

by Anonymousreply 77June 5, 2020 4:41 PM

You're right, I was being way too generous. Maybe once every 10 years. And then her fans will act like she is competing with the likes of Rihanna, Adele, Taylor, etc.

by Anonymousreply 78June 5, 2020 4:45 PM

She'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 79June 5, 2020 4:46 PM

R77 no she bundled it with tour ticket sales, which is pretty common.

by Anonymousreply 80June 5, 2020 5:49 PM

Lol, R 175 is COMPLETELY delusional.

by Anonymousreply 81June 5, 2020 7:40 PM

*^R75

by Anonymousreply 82June 5, 2020 7:40 PM

Is it me or is the music to Stupid Love the same as Born this way?

by Anonymousreply 83June 5, 2020 7:43 PM

[quote] R 75 is COMPLETELY delusional.

Except it's true. Sorry to dissapoint you, but is. Between Born this Way and a Star is Born, she didn't have a single number one song.

by Anonymousreply 84June 5, 2020 7:44 PM

Is there anything more tiresome than Janbot turning into Gagabot?

by Anonymousreply 85June 5, 2020 7:56 PM

R85, they are the same person and always have been. They use the same ridiculous nitpicky arguments: "Of course Janet was bigger than Madonna! She had three albums in a row sell over 2 million copies with songs nobody even listens to anymore. How could she be unpopular!?".

by Anonymousreply 86June 5, 2020 7:58 PM

Chromatica is the fastest selling album of 2020

Her sixth #1 album

by Anonymousreply 87June 5, 2020 9:01 PM

Do people really think album sales mean anything anymore? It's all about singles streaming. Unless you are Adele and maybe Taylor, you won't be racking up physical/digital album sales.

by Anonymousreply 88June 5, 2020 9:18 PM

R78 Considering she's had 2 #1 hits in the last year, your hypothesis is clearly flawed.

by Anonymousreply 89June 5, 2020 9:27 PM

R19, You’re right. Gaga has won an Oscar for her music. And will have a better legacy 20 years from now than Madonna has today.

by Anonymousreply 90June 5, 2020 9:29 PM

Speaking of Adele, is she going to release any new music this century?

by Anonymousreply 91June 5, 2020 9:44 PM

I meant decade. The 5pm cocktails come earlier and earlier these days.

by Anonymousreply 92June 5, 2020 9:45 PM

[quote] And will have a better legacy 20 years from now than Madonna has today.

She needed to tack on Ariana to her latest single to get it to number one. Madonna is the best selling female artist of all time. You seriously think Gaga would be better remembered? And her two numbers are, again, a fluke. Her lack of a number one hit for almost 8 years when she only had two albums speaks for itself.

by Anonymousreply 93June 5, 2020 9:50 PM

She's hotter than ever. I love her lip implants. She's had them for a few years now but they are done to perfection. I want a perfectly curved protruding lip too. Hers are matched upper and lower like they belong on a whole other face. It's not filler with that bloated messy look. She has a gorgeous outline and upturned bow, with just a bit too much projection. But they move perfectly so the muscles are working. Can she still suck dick? It's too bad she destroyed her above average voice with that third nosejob. She's nasal on every spoken word and note and hasn't the open passages to hit the high notes of her hits without screaming from her throat now. Good singers wouldn't usually take so much risk with their anatomy. Gaga wanted to be something more than a singer. And so, she is. She's still unattractive, yet no longer sings well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94June 5, 2020 10:58 PM

People like to compare Gaga to Madonna, but she's actually more similar to Cher. They've both had successful acting careers and they both conquered Vegas. I also see Gaga have similar longevity to Cher, both in music and film. Gaga has the talent to be around for as long as she wants to be.

by Anonymousreply 95June 5, 2020 11:45 PM

Gaga can play piano and she writes her own songs

Just like Cher?

by Anonymousreply 96June 6, 2020 12:06 AM

Gaga does have talent, but without a mask of some venture she has no persona. The jazz numbers with Tony Bennett, Her disgusting tribute to Frank Sinatra that was a pure Liza ripoff. The bad voice and posturing. Standing O. Her Grace Jones and Bowie and Elton characterizations. She's almost smart enough to not try to be Whitney. Make no mistake. Gaga loves Whitney above all others. Who can blame her? Then the very carefully modulated and lip synched tribute to Julie Andrews and the SOM!! That's not a trained voice. That's a voice that stopped training. Gaga was a good pop artist and would have been better if didn't try to be a savior.

Cher and Liza and Bette are personalities as MUCH as singers (they all could sing) but Gaga is nothing onstage, unless she is *pretending* to be someone. Even in concert. I can't stand Cher, but she can give a better concert than Gaga. Gaga is not a performer, she poses. Cher poses and it's performance. To be honest I bet that Cher could write a more truthful song than Gaga. Stefoni is just a weird kind of performer who hits with the music and theatrics but had never be sincere. That's not pop music now. Madonna had a lot of theatrics and poses and disguises, but she could deliver from her deformed heart too. Annie Lennox got to be a supreme cool playful dark mystery goddess for the first 20 years of her career. Because her voice and the music and the mystery were just that good. And there was feeling in the singing. And she has the greatest contralto of all time.

Gaga did too many performance tricks on big stages. Without any sense of who she was. And then the sincerity tricks. And then the country my aunt Joanne died tricks. Her terrible tributes to Bowie and Prince. Getting pissed on by R. Kelly. Julie Andrews was kind. Gags can't really sing that music, though she had a nice vibrato still at that time and did a beautiful prerecorded autotuned job of it.

Her most recent nose job and face work - before ASIB - kind of fucked her voice forever. You won't see too many more great live performances from this bitch. She can't sing her own songs anymore and she's not even 35. Whitney and Barbra and Gladys Knight and Aretha ask who is she now?

Madonna is way before my time, but there's lots of warmth to her voice in the lower register and she always had syncopation and beat down. There's a real sense of street joy in of her music. When she tries to be sexy - she succeeds. Gaga best keep dancing. I'm glad she has a hit. This is what she can do well. It's not great and instantly forgettable. Bad Romance lives on forever as one of the top 100 best pop songs ever.

by Anonymousreply 97June 6, 2020 12:22 AM

R97, nicely said. Gaga is all immitation with no soul. When she tries to sing with "sincerity", her songs suck.

by Anonymousreply 98June 6, 2020 1:14 AM

Great album. Every song is listenable - so rare these days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99June 6, 2020 1:32 AM

Catchy tune to end the album on:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100June 6, 2020 2:35 AM

"Gaga is all immitation"

Oh, dear, R98.

by Anonymousreply 101June 6, 2020 4:05 AM

It’s hilarious to see these ancient Madonna fans still having meltdowns over this girl who keeps breaking records. They need to accept that a Madonna is over and is never coming back. They also need to accept that they’re old and irrelevant, something the hag needs to accept as well.

by Anonymousreply 102June 6, 2020 10:00 AM

#1on the US

#1 in the UK

#1 in Japan

#1 in Australia

by Anonymousreply 103June 6, 2020 11:29 AM

BBC: Chromatica fastest-selling album of 2020

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104June 6, 2020 12:08 PM

Australia - #1

Dutch - #1

France - #1

Ireland -#1

Italy - #1

Lithuania - #1

New Zealand -#1

Scotland - #1

United Kingdom - #1

United States - #1

by Anonymousreply 105June 6, 2020 12:11 PM

Madonna’s remaining ten fans hanging themselves.

by Anonymousreply 106June 6, 2020 12:12 PM

I listened to previews on iTunes. Not one song caught my ear. Not exactly sure why everyone is covering themselves with jizz over this album but to each his own.

by Anonymousreply 107June 6, 2020 2:26 PM

R100 I love that song! Almost reminds me of Carly Rae Jepsen's later music.

by Anonymousreply 108June 6, 2020 3:49 PM

The Sound of Music performance was definitely not lipsynced. She trained for two months with Don Lawrence to be able to sing in the original keys. At least give her credit for that.

by Anonymousreply 109June 6, 2020 3:50 PM

Hits Daily Double:

Lady Gaga is looking good score her SIXTH #1 album with sales of 275,000 copies in the US alone.

Compare that to Madonna’s last tour bundled flop Madame X (95,000 copies, 90,000 pure sales). Gaga has taken over.

Get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 110June 6, 2020 5:44 PM

Jesus fucking Christ. The fact that people are comparing the hit-and-miss success of some 30ish year old singer to someone who has been in music for 4 decades says it all.

by Anonymousreply 111June 6, 2020 5:52 PM

Success in the music biz is all relative to what's out at the time and the mediocrity of the other players. Adele's '25' sold 3.4 million in the U.S. in its FIRST WEEK. Now that's a hit record. A shattering hit record.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112June 6, 2020 6:15 PM

What's a GaGa?

by Anonymousreply 113June 6, 2020 6:34 PM

I mean I don’t love this album. But I listen to it and like most tracks which is rare for any album today.I think comparing Gaga and Madonna is a little premature to say the least. Madonna is just in a different league. And I do think they are different artists anyway. I do think Gaga with have longevity with her career and the success of this album proves that. If you don t like someone though why dispel all that negativity here?

by Anonymousreply 114June 6, 2020 7:03 PM

That Adele record was a fluke. She’s no longer the relatable zaftig girl with a broken heart, but a thin waif whose singing chops probably melted away with the pounds. She will never hit that height again.

Gaga has been killing the game since she came on the scene. Every time some new pop divette arrives in an attempt to usurp her throne (Katy, Miley, Ke$ha, etc.), Gaga returns and reminds them that she is the only one with any real staying power. Her Oscar and Golden Globe wins and the adoration and respect she has from actual legends in the industry is proof of that fact. You think Julie Andrews would cream herself with complements after Katy Perry belted out The Sound of Music at the Oscars? Or would Sting get verklempt from Miley performing one of his songs the way he did when Gaga performed for him at the Kennedy Center Honors? Or would Cher ever commission Ke$ha to write a song her like she did Gaga? Or would Elton ever make Ariana the godmother of his kid and Tony Bennett agree to an album of duets with her? I think not.

by Anonymousreply 115June 6, 2020 7:04 PM

Says a lot about Elton that he would choose someone with supposed mental health and drug addiction issues as a godmother. Then again, does anyone really believe the shit that comes out of Gagz mouth?

by Anonymousreply 116June 6, 2020 7:20 PM

And comparing Madonna with anyone is just silly. Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer- those 3 albums in a row is crazy. Then come back with Ray Of Light? There is no one with the career of Madonna and quite frankly there probably never will be. But please stop being so deranged about Gaga. You are the one coming across as mentally ill here. Do you honestly feel that way? It’s beyond. It’s like Gaga ran you over

by Anonymousreply 117June 6, 2020 7:22 PM

[quote]Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer- those 3 albums in a row is crazy.

Ahem...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118June 6, 2020 7:43 PM

[quote] And comparing Madonna with anyone is just silly. Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer- those 3 albums in a row is crazy. Then come back with Ray Of Light? There is no one with the career of Madonna and quite frankly there probably never will be.

Cher, you blithering idiot.

by Anonymousreply 119June 6, 2020 7:45 PM

None of those albums were close to being as big as the three albums R117 mentioned. Janet doesn't have a single album in the top 100 as opposed to Madonna's three.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120June 6, 2020 7:46 PM

[quote]None of those albums were close to being as big as the three albums

Hahaha!! Control changed the landscape of black pop/R&B and was the first album by a female with 6 top 40 Hot 100 hits , Rhythm Nation set so many industry records that some of them still have yet to be broken decades later and was the biggest selling album of 1990 in the US, and janet., a complete 180 from the previous two in tone and imagery, solidified Janet as a world renown pop star with millions of sales, awards, records (it was the first album by a female to debut at #1 during SoundScan and was the biggest first-week seller for a female at the time) and hits (including an Oscar nominated #1).

[quote]Janet doesn't have a single album in the top 100 as opposed to Madonna's three

And Madonna only has one album on the RNR HOF's Definitive 200 Album's list. Janet has two, and both of them placed higher than Madonna's one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121June 6, 2020 7:56 PM

r121, none of the things you mentioned have anything to do with R117's post or the facts presented to you. Stop moving goalposts.

by Anonymousreply 122June 6, 2020 8:03 PM

Of course flaming 60 year old gays have no fucking idea about Janet Jackson. She ain’t white. There isn’t one black woman DL likes.

by Anonymousreply 123June 6, 2020 8:05 PM

Janbot, do you ever get tired of the same repetitive arguments? People here love Diana, Whitney, etc. They just don't care for Beyonce or Janet. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 124June 6, 2020 8:12 PM

All songs are inoffensive, non-edgy dance music tracks. Babylon stood out for me. I thought it was more Gaga's Applause on Art Pop than Madonna's Vogue.

by Anonymousreply 125June 6, 2020 8:18 PM

I love Beyonce and respect Janet. Don't speak for everyone here R124. We ain't all dead white men. And Adele's sales were not a "fluke" R115. '25' wasn't even her best selling album. '21' is still be biggest selling album of the 21st century.

by Anonymousreply 126June 6, 2020 8:28 PM

She’s so Karoke with it all. Doesn’t seem like the music comes “from” her. She comes off as a cover artist. I can’t explain it any better. But basically I think it has to do with her not being the least bit authentic.

by Anonymousreply 127June 6, 2020 8:52 PM

Someone here compared Madonna musical careers with Cher’s and called me a blithering idiot. I mean I think that’s what they meant. Mmmm. This is part of the problem on these threads. To compare the music career of Madonna with Cher is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on here. No one is bigger than Madonna. That’s it. If you cannot look at facts and then have to name call, well, there you have it. I am in no way a fanatic but I love popular culture. There are facts.

by Anonymousreply 128June 6, 2020 9:13 PM

And Cher has done amazing too I think. Lots of hits over different decades. But you cannot in any way compare their music careers. Try and stay in reality.

by Anonymousreply 129June 6, 2020 9:25 PM

[quote] I love Beyonce and respect Janet. Don't speak for everyone here

The vast majoirty of people here do not love Janet or Beyonce. It's a fact--look at all the threads bashing Beyonce that pop up all the time. You do not speak for the vast majority of people on this forum.

by Anonymousreply 130June 6, 2020 9:37 PM

Rihanna, Madonna, Adele, Beyonce, Mariah, Celine, Whitney, Shania and Barbra have all outsold Gaga many times over. Cher, Janet & Taylor Swift have too.

Gaga makes good dance music and she's a versatile cover artist and vocalist. Her fans love her and she's important in music history. But she's not musically important. There's a difference.

Just because ancient white fags bash Beyonce on Datalounge R130 - that doesn't diminish her worldwide seismic contributions and accomplishments to music, pop culture, political influence and the awakening of the WOKE. Beyonce changed the world. She's the only one who can be compared to Madonna. Bey is far more talented. In every way. We won't discuss it further here.

by Anonymousreply 131June 6, 2020 9:47 PM

[quote] Just because ancient white fags bash Beyonce on Datalounge [R130] - that doesn't diminish her worldwide seismic contributions and accomplishments to music, pop culture, political influence and the awakening of the WOKE. Beyonce changed the world. She's the only one who can be compared to Madonna. Bey is far more talented. In every way. We won't discuss it further here.

That has no relevance to what I typed. I was specifically referring to this forum, not the rest of the world. Beyonce changed the world--how!? There is no comparison to Madonna. Bey has far more talent? Sure. More iconic? No. More legendary? No. More interesting? NO.

by Anonymousreply 132June 6, 2020 9:49 PM

R131 get out of here with that hateful language. It’s disgusting. Not witty nor wise.

by Anonymousreply 133June 6, 2020 9:50 PM

I saw what you said R132. You racist old white gays are dying off on DL. Literally. Just in time. Most people appreciate Beyonce, even on DL. You must be someone who starts negative threads about her? I've seen some in my 7 years visiting this site. They're all racist in nature. Dog whistles to racists in fact. Are you proud of that?

by Anonymousreply 134June 6, 2020 10:03 PM

I've never had to start a thread about her. I'm sure you're one of the people who constantly posts on any thread mentioning Beyonce about how she has "changed the world". You're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 135June 6, 2020 10:04 PM

I think a lot of the pop stars mentioned are great here. Can’t we actually celebrate them?. Name calling and delusion ain’t pretty.

by Anonymousreply 136June 6, 2020 10:06 PM

Beyoncé is incredible I totally agree. Huge fan- seen her in concert twice! Lemonade and her debut albums are ones I still listen to.

by Anonymousreply 137June 6, 2020 10:08 PM

Janet Jackson’s Rhythm Nation 1814 gave birth to Lemonade, and Beyoncé would tell you as much (just as Janet’s Velvet Rope album gave birth to pretty much all of Solange’s work, but, I digress). However, because this is a thread about Lady Gaga, I will bring the subject matter back to her by saying that the bitch has been relatively unstoppable since she debuted and this new album’s reception shows that she won’t be slowing down any time soon.

by Anonymousreply 138June 7, 2020 12:16 AM

Madonna was bigger when it mattered. Before social media killed the celebrity. No one reinvented themselves like she did. No one caused controversy like she did. Gaga has vocal talent, but she's just like Britney - no growth, churning out the same interchangeable dance songs album after album. And wearing a meat dress pales in comparison to burning crosses and having a black saint in your video.

by Anonymousreply 139June 7, 2020 12:24 AM

Poor GagGag. She can put all on the wigs she wants, wear over-the-top costumes, and dance around in a way she imagines is alluring, but she'll never, ever be considered sexy, which is what she so desperately seems to want.

by Anonymousreply 140June 7, 2020 12:29 AM

Phony.

by Anonymousreply 141June 7, 2020 12:32 AM

Beyoncé is an interesting musical figure and has had a large cultural impact, I can’t say that she has changed music though. Madonna also falls into this category.

Gaga is a good entertainer with musical talent, but hasn’t had the cultural impact or cache of the above two women.

Janet, she has some nice records. Velvet Rope is not a seminal album in any context.

by Anonymousreply 142June 7, 2020 12:34 AM

Hollow and shallow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143June 7, 2020 2:24 AM

[quote] I do think Gaga with have longevity with her career and the success of this album proves that. If you don t like someone though why dispel all that negativity here?

It's payback time. When she was big Gaga's Little Monsters were annoying little trolls who attacked people they didn't like online and kept behaving like Gaga is practically a new Jesus we all should worship. At some point it seemed she even deliberately used them as her own private online hit squad attacking her enemies.

However the biggest reason I dislike Gaga is how she asked her fans, practically all of them teens with limited means, to buy multiple copies of her songs so she'd chart better. She turned it practically into a cult thing using the us vs. them mentality and making it into a race where her Little Monsters would be on top if she was on top. However obviously she was the one pocketing the money.

I do appreciate her for keeping going on because at some point her career was almost over, and that takes serious guts. Still, I can't forget her earlier behavior and every time I hear someone praising her I wonder were they brainwashed into becoming a Little Monster all those years ago, because that's what the Little Monsters thing was all about. She tried to create a sort of Apple like cult by creating devotees passionate about her who'd stick by her, and obviously give her money money money. Well, it seems it didn't take long for her to forget them when she went country and Hollywood.

Janbot is like a Little Monster on steroids.

by Anonymousreply 144June 7, 2020 2:30 AM

I just listened to the entire album and thought it sucked.

Madonna's latest album was better and showed ingenuity.

by Anonymousreply 145June 7, 2020 6:27 AM

Yeah. It sucks.

Britney didn’t write her songs either but damn if she didn’t own them.

These songs could have been sung by anyone. She is so pandering and costumey and gimmicky but it never quite lands.

She just never really closed the deal with me. Not for lack of trying.

by Anonymousreply 146June 7, 2020 7:00 AM

I wonder if she ever just dropped all the fakey bs and stripped it all down and just made an album from the heart.

Even Joanne was cloying and pretentious.

She needs to come down to earth and be real and it will come across in her music.

by Anonymousreply 147June 7, 2020 7:04 AM

It’s payback from our anonymous poster upthread. It’s a moral issue his dislike for Gaga. And she is not pretty or sexy! The power he is wielding with his keyboard!

by Anonymousreply 148June 7, 2020 8:35 AM

R148, someone asked why all the negativity in this thread, and I answered that she and her Little Monster squad had it coming. Some of those cunts were vicious.

Like I said I appreciate her for not giving up, and at the same time for managing to become a huge star in the first place. The one person here trying to sow discord is Janbot who has this totally weird need to pit female stars against each other. I've liked Janet and I've liked Madonna. Why the hell should one like just one of them? It's just a cold fact that neither Janet or Gaga are even near of her overall success. Likewise that Madonna is over 60 and her best days are far behind her.

I probably would've loved Gaga if she'd been around when I was young. My stars were women like Kate Bush, Jane Siberry, Nina Simone and Pat Benatar. Quite honestly next to them Gaga doesn't seem that extraordinary but she's had a few nice pop songs over the years, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 149June 7, 2020 12:30 PM

R110, Sure, Joanne.

by Anonymousreply 150June 7, 2020 2:13 PM

Maybe this will be the way Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper get back together again. They're made for each other and are so happy in each other's arms.

So honest, so pure. Just like true love is.

I'm praying for this.

by Anonymousreply 151June 7, 2020 2:18 PM

[quote]Velvet Rope is not a seminal album in any context.

Excuse me? in what alternate universe do you live in?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152June 7, 2020 3:08 PM

Lady Gaga's "Rain On Me" is her highest-charting entry on the Streaming Songs chart in over six years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153June 7, 2020 5:32 PM

Everyday is Halloween with this one. I don’t know where to look.

by Anonymousreply 154June 7, 2020 5:35 PM

^It would be EPIC if Gaga remade Ministry’s “Everyday is Halloween!”!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155June 7, 2020 5:59 PM

Remake? I'll just copy it and call it something else!

by Anonymousreply 156June 7, 2020 6:14 PM

R152 Just because the Guardian wrote a two paragraph click bait article by a fan doesn’t make it an accepted fact. If it were truly as influential as the article alleges, why does no one outside of Janet fans ever talk about it. Her most influential record was probably RN, then Control which mainstreamed the Jam/Lewis sound.

by Anonymousreply 157June 7, 2020 6:27 PM

[quote]If it were truly as influential as the article alleges, why does no one outside of Janet fans ever talk about it

Two page clickbait? Oh you poor, uninformed sweetheart, it goes deeper than that...

Q: "How would you describe the Nicole sound?

A: "Midtempo, supercool, super-vibey, some of it's a little throwback to Janet Jackson Velvet Rope..." - Nicole Scherzinger to DIGITAL SPY

Transgender activist Janet Mock named herself after Jackson and the album's themes of sexual orientation, stating, "she was so open and raw. She was talking about her sexual fluidity. She was talking about access and elitism with the velvet rope, who gets to come in, who doesn’t. She was talking about domestic violence. All of these things within this album... my mind was blown. I couldn’t believe someone was talking about all of these issues that were paralleling my own life."

Folk singer Melissa Ferrick: "Ok, well Janet Jackson‘s Velvet Rope album was a huge record and I fell madly in love with this girl who lived in California. I was moving back home to Boston and she drove across the country with me, and while we were driving she played me Velvet Rope. And Janet Jackson was making these sexual noises on that record and I cannot even describe… I’m just like… hearing sex drives me crazy. Seeing sex — if you were just like watching sex on TV with no sound — it wouldn’t phase me. But I’m a sound person, obviously. So she played me this record and I couldn’t even listen to it because it just worked me up so much. And so, you know, we had to drive across the country and there were some car moments with the record. We would fool around in the car while Janet Jackson‘s Velvet Rope was on, and that’s how it happened. I was like “This is unbelievable. Janet Jackson is so ballsy to do this. This is amazing.”

Kelly Rowland, a longtime Janet stan, celebrated the album's 20 year release anniversary with this VR-inspired Tweet ("Forever a mood. #TheVelvetRope ❤️")

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158June 7, 2020 7:48 PM

PopCrush editor Erica Russell:

"This album remains next level. #TheVelvetRope"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159June 7, 2020 7:49 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160June 7, 2020 7:50 PM

No one talks about it? Here's a glowing review from 5 months ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161June 7, 2020 7:52 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162June 7, 2020 7:54 PM

Janbot just can't help himself. It's sort of endearing really.

by Anonymousreply 163June 7, 2020 8:15 PM

Yeah, the way testicular cancer is endearing.

by Anonymousreply 164June 7, 2020 8:40 PM

Our one and only Queen. No stunts but lots of show. Pure talent and limitless hard work made her the greatest live entertainer in the world. An inspiration to us all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165June 7, 2020 9:05 PM

Beyoncé speaks very eloquently.

by Anonymousreply 166June 7, 2020 9:07 PM

"Enigma" is a JAM too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167June 8, 2020 1:44 AM

A bop

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168June 8, 2020 1:54 AM

A bop. Yeah. But she's pro-tooled to death for effect and "the bop" could be almost anyone if it weren't for the constant "monster inside you" talk. Gaga dog whistles to 35 year old gay and trans misfits. I want to like her a lot more than I do. It sounds more like a Bette Midler album than Ariana Grande or Lizzo. Yes I was alive for the 1990s Bette Midler albums. She had songs better than this. More ballads of course. Ha. Gaga is one weird woman. She had a moment. In 2009. And now again. It's okay I guess. You'll never catch Beyonce regressing musically. She moves forward, always. As a woman and artist.

Gaga is desperate for a hit and proves it over and again with different disguises and postures. So she's got a minor hit. I can hear it. Techno noise. A bop? No.

by Anonymousreply 169June 8, 2020 2:12 AM

^Severely, painfully bitter.

by Anonymousreply 170June 8, 2020 2:25 AM

Do kids say “bop” or is this from the 1950s?

by Anonymousreply 171June 8, 2020 2:53 AM

Stop fighting boys and let’s all sing along to this FUN tune:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172June 8, 2020 3:07 AM

Babylon sounds EXACTLY like Black Jesus.

This is not a great album for Gaga. I expected something much more innovative and original. The only track I really like is 1000 Doves. The rest is lackluster IMHO.

Madonna's Madame X had its own set of problems but I honestly believe it's a much better album when taken as a whole. True, Madonna's voice was over-produced and Gaga's is quite lovely on this album but she suffers from prissy diction in places.

This album may sell but I don't know that it will do well with mainstream critics.

by Anonymousreply 173June 8, 2020 5:14 PM

R173, according to wikipedia, it's getting very good reviews. Shocking, I know. "rain on me" sounds like it was released 15 years ago (at least). I wonder what Gaga will do next--carnival tunes?

by Anonymousreply 174June 8, 2020 5:16 PM

She'll do a gay pride album - I'm on the Edge of Gloryhole

by Anonymousreply 175June 8, 2020 6:00 PM

Original??? From Gagz????

by Anonymousreply 176June 8, 2020 6:02 PM

The fastest selling album in the UK, certified silver in one week and will stay #1 for a second week.

This is gonna end up being the album people will try beating for a long time to come.

by Anonymousreply 177June 12, 2020 5:23 PM

[quote] You'll never catch Beyonce regressing musically. She moves forward, always.

Beyonce doesn’t sell, she needs 25 writers and has to cheat to make it onto the charts thanks to her husband’s Tidal. Don’t make me laugh. She’s already a nostalgia act who hadn’t had a hit in a million years.

by Anonymousreply 178June 12, 2020 5:25 PM

Madonna would sell her soul a second time to have the career Gaga has.

by Anonymousreply 179June 12, 2020 5:25 PM

Madonna had Gaga's career for about 20 years, consistently. But yes, she's desperate, so she doesn't face the fact that she's a legacy artist now.

by Anonymousreply 180June 12, 2020 5:30 PM

Madonna may be considered a legacy artist, R180, but she still had three number one singles last year. And R179, I don't, not for one second, believe that Madonna would trade her career for anyone's.

If Gaga is still churning out hits at sixty-one I'll be shocked.

by Anonymousreply 181June 12, 2020 5:49 PM

[quote]Madonna had Gaga's career for about 20 years, consistently.

No. During a big part of the '90s Madonna was washed. They were even writing "Whatever Happened To" articles about her. She was also never roundly lauded by the film and music industry simultaneously the way Gaga has been. Actually, she's never really been lauded by the film industry at all, sans her GG win for a musical.

by Anonymousreply 182June 12, 2020 5:54 PM

R182 that's a myth. She was one of the top 10 selling artists every year from 1985 to 2006 actually. And that's just in the US. In the world, her last real hit album was Hard Candy in 2008. That was in her 40s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183June 12, 2020 6:02 PM

Listened to the album all the way through and disliked it. Listened to it again and thought it was so so. With this album, it's essential to take breaks during listening sessions as the songs bleed together. It's easier to appreciate in snippets. Having done that, I now think it's great. Nothing on here is as good as the best stuff on her previous albums (except for Rain on Me) but it also doesn't have any of the dull moments her last two albums had. The album is very unique as well since I don't see any real consensus in regards to favorite tracks.

by Anonymousreply 184June 12, 2020 6:04 PM

She sounds like Britney Spears on Sour Candy.

by Anonymousreply 185June 12, 2020 6:13 PM

The fact that Rain on Me is considered a great pop song is proof that pop music is shit nowadays. Imagine if this was released in the 80s or early 90s. It would be, at best, a forgottten (maybe) top 40 hit.

by Anonymousreply 186June 12, 2020 6:33 PM

R186 Trust me, it will grow on you the more you listen to it

by Anonymousreply 187June 12, 2020 6:35 PM

I'm listening to it now on Amazon music. I like it. Nothing earth shattering, but Gaga is not earth shattering. Just good pop.

by Anonymousreply 188June 12, 2020 6:58 PM

r186 = Madge drinking her dinner.

by Anonymousreply 189June 12, 2020 7:08 PM

Gaga already said she wanted to do a dance album, nothing groundbreaking. However, the subject matter of the album is pretty dark. Had she gone safe, she would have done a ballad album banking on her A Star is Born success. That simply isn't her. She has an amazing ability to figure out what the public wants and gives it to them. She's a money-making machine and a brilliant marketer.

She's already been cast as Patrizia Reggiani in Ridley Scott's next film. Again, this is why Madge can't stand her. She's literally having the career she dreamed of.

by Anonymousreply 190June 12, 2020 7:11 PM

^Everything u said.

by Anonymousreply 191June 12, 2020 7:22 PM

[quote] Again, this is why Madge can't stand her. She's literally having the career she dreamed of.

In movies, yes, but not in music. When Lady Gaga manages to become one of the four or five best selling female artists of all time, then that may be true. Maybe.

by Anonymousreply 192June 12, 2020 7:26 PM

Didn’t Gaga do two ballad albums before A Star Is Born that sold poorly? I’d hardly call Gaga doing a dance pop album not playing it safe, R190. Almost all of her hits are dance pop, save Shallow.

And I love the “it just isn’t her” comment. Do you have an inside track to her thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 193June 12, 2020 9:35 PM

[quote]Beyonce doesn’t sell, she needs 25 writers and has to cheat to make it onto the charts thanks to her husband’s Tidal. Don’t make me laugh. She’s already a nostalgia act who hadn’t had a hit in a million years.

All six of Beyoncé's solo albums debuted at Number ONE. All twelve tracks from Lemonade charted within the Hot 100 in the US, breaking the record previously held by Taylor Swift.

She has won 24 Grammy Awards and sold over 100 million records. She was the RIAA's top selling certified artist of the decade for the 2000s. Also Billboards Top Female Artist of the Decade.

Lemonade was the biggest selling album of 2016. The releases of Beyoncé in 2013 and Lemonade in 2016 - both concept albums and visual albums, have been credited with revolutionizing the music industry, reinventing the album and transforming how people consume music

We can list her accomplishments all day. Stop lying you old white fool @ R178. Do you need to hear her tour records, her accomplishments with Destiny's Child, her position in the list of all time Hot 100 hits? Beyonce is the world's greatest live entertainer and the most important, praised, influential and highest paid black musician in history.

Beyonce is culturally and musically seismic. This idea that she can't speak or participate in her own remarkable career success is both sexist and racist and old white faggy on your part R178. Grow up before you die man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194June 12, 2020 9:48 PM

[quote] Beyonce is the world's greatest live entertainer and the most important, praised, influential and highest paid black musician in history.

Whitney, Mariah, Aretha, Michael Jackson and Jimi Hendrix were all more influential and important to popular music than Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 195June 12, 2020 9:51 PM

Oh, and James Brown. Hip Hop would not exist without him.

by Anonymousreply 196June 12, 2020 9:51 PM

R193, Artpop, Cheek to Cheek and Joanne all had mediocre success despite debuting at number one. It wasn't until A Star is Born was released that she was back on top.

by Anonymousreply 197June 12, 2020 9:57 PM

#1 for a second week in both the UK and Australia and #2 on the Billboard 200 without being able to do proper promotion. Madge must be fuming. Her last three album fell off the charts their second week.

by Anonymousreply 198June 16, 2020 5:56 PM

R179 And that's just the way it is.

by Anonymousreply 199June 16, 2020 6:26 PM

Stef, don't you have another pretend malady to attend to? Seems you're the one obsessed with Madonna, not the other way around. Btw, your reductive music is still a snooze and you are still fug.

by Anonymousreply 200June 16, 2020 6:29 PM

R200 Madonna is great and all, but her time has come and gone. Gaga is the new Queen and her music is much more substantive than Madonna's in many ways. Madonna could/would never do a record as crazy, wild, and raw as ARTPOP for example.

by Anonymousreply 201June 16, 2020 6:36 PM

Gaga is a beautiful girl, I never got the fug comments either

by Anonymousreply 202June 16, 2020 6:37 PM

I mean, if Gaga is fug, what is the average person?

by Anonymousreply 203June 16, 2020 6:37 PM

#1 in Canada, the UK, Ireland for a third week. #2 on Billboard in the US in its third week. She’s beating everyone.

by Anonymousreply 204June 22, 2020 11:23 AM

Will you old bitches stop comparing Beyonce and Lady Gaga to artists who debuted 40 years ago? Good lord.

And I think Gaga's label is buying a lot of these albums.

by Anonymousreply 205June 22, 2020 11:41 AM

And what other big releases are out that she is "beating?"

by Anonymousreply 206June 22, 2020 12:52 PM

I enjoyed this album. It is something you work out to, but nothing more. It isnt world beating or earth shattering, but those days are long gone and will never come back. It is more on par with Robyn’s Bodytalk from 2000 something. Plus, there isnt much straining for high notes— Gaga is pretty difficult to listen to when she is doing that. Her last albums were full of that and were painful— she needed to get over it, she isnt Ariana Grande or Christina Aguilera. Even Ariana has stopped doing so. Still overproduced, but not as bad and ADHD as Artpop.

by Anonymousreply 207June 22, 2020 2:56 PM

The album is only #23 on Apple Music. Rain on me is at #27. Are people tired of it already?

by Anonymousreply 208June 22, 2020 6:52 PM

Rumor has it Babylon is the next single. I think it’s a brilliant decision.

by Anonymousreply 209June 24, 2020 1:36 PM

Not all the bought hype and sales can overcome how OVER this bitch truly is.

by Anonymousreply 210June 24, 2020 1:42 PM

[quote]Rumor has it Babylon is the next single. I think it’s a brilliant decision.

Yes!!

by Anonymousreply 211June 24, 2020 5:52 PM

[quote] The album is only #23 on Apple Music. Rain on me is at #27. Are people tired of it already?

The album is #1 and #2 on the album charts, moron. Apple Music is not a real chart. It’s a “store chart”.

by Anonymousreply 212June 24, 2020 6:08 PM

[quote] Gaga is the new Queen and her music is much more substantive than Madonna's in many ways.

2009 was a long time ago. Gaga isn't the queen of anything. If we are being technical, the biggest female music star right now is Ariana.

by Anonymousreply 213June 24, 2020 6:15 PM

I like the songs with Elton John and Blackpink.

by Anonymousreply 214June 24, 2020 6:19 PM

Well Stef, at R212, according to the people who are buying music, the song and album are a snooze. Go take your fibromyalgia meds, dear,

by Anonymousreply 215June 24, 2020 6:24 PM

Shit campy performer and her over singing is insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 216June 24, 2020 6:25 PM

^But yet she has obtained more success in her 34 years than you have in your 60 plus.

by Anonymousreply 217June 24, 2020 7:46 PM

R216's goal wasn't to be a coked-up, tryhard performer so I'd say R216 is doing well by that measure.

by Anonymousreply 218June 24, 2020 7:54 PM

R217 I'm one year younger than her, so okay?

by Anonymousreply 219June 24, 2020 10:48 PM

She's only 34? Damn, that's a hard 34.

by Anonymousreply 220June 25, 2020 1:25 AM

Gaga has triumphed over Bey, Swift, Grande and all other haters. Madonna should be in a care center.

by Anonymousreply 221June 25, 2020 1:35 AM

Chromatica still in the top 5 a month later. You mad?

by Anonymousreply 222June 25, 2020 1:53 AM

No, it's only been a month, that's not impressive.

by Anonymousreply 223June 25, 2020 2:10 AM

When most albums (ahem-Madonna’s-ahem) plummet down the charts and disappear from the Top 200 in week 2, I’d say that still being top 5 a month later is a worthy achievement in today’s music landscape.

by Anonymousreply 224June 25, 2020 11:31 AM

[quote][R217] I'm one year younger than her, so okay?

Ok, so you’re a child and an underachiever.

by Anonymousreply 225June 25, 2020 11:32 AM

R224 Drag her! Chromatica coming for a platinum cert in a few months.

by Anonymousreply 226June 25, 2020 8:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!