Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I finally got around to watching The Invisible Man

I loved but it but didn't understand the ending at all. She said there were video cameras everywhere but acted like it was only at one spot.

The one link in the cast was the cop (friend? Ex-lover?) His acting wasnt very good and how could you live with such a sexy man without jumping his bones?

I did a search and found nothing.

by Anonymousreply 30November 2, 2021 6:50 AM

"Cameras everywhere" doesn't literally mean "everywhere."

It's totally plausible there wasn't camera coverage in incriminating places in that house.

I agree, they didn't do a good job of explaining Elisabeth Moss's relationship with the hot black dude.

by Anonymousreply 1May 30, 2020 5:59 PM

The hot black dude was her sister’s ex-husband and his daughter her niece. They were going over this very thing when she had dinner with her sister.

by Anonymousreply 2May 30, 2020 7:30 PM

The daughter did NOT look biracial.

by Anonymousreply 3May 30, 2020 7:35 PM

OP, it's a film about a man who's invisible - were you expecting it to be a documentary, you stupid cunt?

by Anonymousreply 4May 30, 2020 7:55 PM

I assume somehow Elizabeth got ahold of the invisible suit there was a quick shot of something in Her purse. Still if she did the last murder she would have to disabled the cameras in the bathroom which is the first place a control freak would put them. I don’t remember any scene of her disabling them. Also shouldn’t the niece have a scene having her mourn the death of her mother?

Still I loved the movie. The first murder shocked me. Very Hickcockian. Moss who is a bit quirky was photographed in a way that she looked like one of his cool blondes.

by Anonymousreply 5May 30, 2020 8:18 PM

Claude Rains was really good in that.

by Anonymousreply 6May 31, 2020 2:37 AM

Never saw him.

by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2020 2:39 AM

I see what you did there. Or did I?

by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2020 2:41 AM

I thought the acting was all over the place as well, and it was far too long. And, there was NO camera in the restaruant where the sister was killed? PLEASE.

by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2020 1:34 PM

Implausible that some tech zillionaire would be obsessed with Mousy Mossy.

by Anonymousreply 10January 25, 2021 7:40 AM

I loved this film - and yes the cop was hot as fuck

The restaurant scene was amazing, I literally gasped.

by Anonymousreply 11January 25, 2021 9:23 AM

I didn’t think the friends were a niece and brother-in-law. Didn’t even cross my mind. The girl looks bi-racial enough. Chris Pine played her dad also she’s the sister of Zendaya in Euphoria, them also with white dad.

by Anonymousreply 12January 25, 2021 9:58 AM

If the sister is dead, her ex is fair game.

by Anonymousreply 13January 25, 2021 3:28 PM

I’m watching it now, in the tech house are the walls Venetian plaster or a highly polished concrete?

by Anonymousreply 14April 18, 2021 9:14 PM

I thought it was excellent and Elisabeth Moss gave one of the most terrific horror film performances I've ever seen. I love this recent trend of horror attracting really great actors who get a chance to test their chops.

by Anonymousreply 15April 18, 2021 9:49 PM

Finished now, so is the invisible man a metaphor for Scientology and this is her veiled cry for help to be saved from them? Moss seems like the type that would send secret signals through her projects and that’s the vibes I’ve been getting lately?

by Anonymousreply 16April 18, 2021 10:58 PM

I'm bumping this thread because I got the dvd and want to know, is it a good, thrilling movie or will it mess with my head and creep me out for days? You can't tell anything from online reviews because most people don't know a good movie from a laundry commercial.

by Anonymousreply 17May 5, 2021 2:54 AM

It's a good 'bad' movie.

by Anonymousreply 18May 5, 2021 2:59 AM

Its a Me-Too revenge flick.

by Anonymousreply 19May 5, 2021 3:34 AM

The guy is as one-note “evil male” as the husband was in sleeping with the enemy.

by Anonymousreply 20May 5, 2021 4:04 AM

Blessed be

by Anonymousreply 21May 5, 2021 4:12 AM

Very entertaining. Starts out like an abused wife weepie then turns sci-fi.

I was surprised watching the Extras that it was filmed in New South Wales (to mimic San Francisco) and almost everyone involved with the film was from Down Under. All the actors do flawless American accents.

by Anonymousreply 22May 13, 2021 9:57 PM

R22, oh that explains it. The guy who plays the brother is an Australian actor who was on TV a lot growing up, but I wasn't completely sure if it was him or not initially.

R15, I totally agree.

Just saw this tonight after having a few people recommend it to me. I really enjoyed it, it was gripping the whole way through (especially at 2 hrs it didn't drag at all). I didn't know what direction it would go in, whether she really was going mad or not. The scene where she threw the paint actually made me yell in shock and then laugh at myself afterwards in a kind of "that was a really delightful fright" way.

The camera work was great, especially the scene where the guards in the hospital get knocked out.

R19, and it's so entertaining. It doesn't feel preachy, it felt like a thrill ride, like a proper horror should do, be firstly about the thrills and then build the themes into it. I'd recommend it.

by Anonymousreply 23October 30, 2021 1:35 PM

Aldis was hot as fuck in this. And Michael was great as the creepy brother.

by Anonymousreply 24November 2, 2021 6:22 AM

R17 The former for sure - I didn't find it scary or creepy but it was a decent, engaging watch. I have no real desire to watch it again so I didn't think it was that great though.

by Anonymousreply 25November 2, 2021 6:28 AM

I hated this movie. I saw a double feature of Invisible Man with Fantasy Island so it was a very sophisticated evening. I remember having a clear articulation of why I hated this movie but fortunately I can't remember it anymore. I thought the script was so hammy and Elizabeth Moss looked ridiculous. Yeah, she's an okay actress but the presentation of this movie didn't make anyone look good. The Tom Cruise doppleganger ex boyfriend was so stupid and the suit didn't make sense.

by Anonymousreply 26November 2, 2021 6:32 AM

R26 Invisible Man? Fantasy Island? Sophisticated? Honey, NO.

by Anonymousreply 27November 2, 2021 6:35 AM

R27 Haha, I read it as pretty obvious sarcasm.

by Anonymousreply 28November 2, 2021 6:43 AM

[Quote] I saw a double feature of Invisible Man with Fantasy Island so it was a very sophisticated evening.

Oh it should have been swapped around. Fantasy Island was a fucking mess.

by Anonymousreply 29November 2, 2021 6:44 AM

I thought the movie suffered from the decision to explain the invisibility with "science." It made for boring as fuck exposition scenes, ugly art direction, and removed the horror element from it. The movie looked so cheap even though they clearly had something of a significant budget because of the cast they hired and the SFX. A more talented team could've made the movie look better. Plus, if they didn't have so many boring lab and office scenes it would look better too. Elizabeth Moss wasn't the right choice to lead this movie. Sorry, she isn't attractive enough nor was her character compelling enough to believe that a man would go to these insane lengths to get revenge on her. Yeah, maybe that's not how it works in real life but this is a movie and things like that matter. She had no sexual appeal at all.

by Anonymousreply 30November 2, 2021 6:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!