Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did any psychics predict the pandemic?

I know we have a sizable loon population on this site. Did any of your psychics predict the pandemic? If no, how do you explain to yourself their failure?

by Anonymousreply 36June 5, 2020 12:07 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 30, 2020 4:36 PM

[quote]I know we have a sizable loon population on this site. Did any of your psychics predict the pandemic? If no, how do you explain to yourself their failure?

not as smartass as you think you are, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 2May 30, 2020 4:37 PM

I predict this thread will end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 3May 30, 2020 4:37 PM

Dr. Fauci predicted a "surprise" pandemic during Thump's presidency. How come that never gets discussed?

by Anonymousreply 4May 30, 2020 4:42 PM

Astrologers has long said that from 2017 till 2022 there would be a lot of political, economic, and medical upheaval in the US.

Its our Pluto return and some nasty Jupiter/Saturn action.

by Anonymousreply 5May 30, 2020 4:56 PM

Ni, but science did.

by Anonymousreply 6May 30, 2020 4:58 PM

^ No,

by Anonymousreply 7May 30, 2020 4:59 PM

[quote]Dr. Fauci predicted a "surprise" pandemic during Thump's presidency. How come that never gets discussed?

When you shutter the White House Pandemic Counsel office, you cut the CDC's budget, and force the director of the CDC to shutter the China field office (at the behest of President Xi, because there is nothing too great for which to sell out America and America's interests), it doesn't take a literal scientist to predict fruition of something that every president since FDR has feared, anticipated, and prepared for — until Trump — for good cause.

by Anonymousreply 8May 30, 2020 5:32 PM

In the psychic predictions thread, user “Oracle” repeatedly warned to avoid large crowds and not to make any large purchases for a while, but that’s about as close as things got.

by Anonymousreply 9May 30, 2020 5:57 PM

Wow R1, Sylvia finally got one right.

Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 10May 30, 2020 6:05 PM

I don’t trust anyone that says they’re psychic, like Sylvia Brown, but is always extremely vague with their predictions. Throw enough shit out there and something will hit. Then everyone focuses on the one hit and ignores the hundreds of misses.

Vagueness never helped anyone. It only gets credence after the fact. The predictions threads on DL are full of these people.

by Anonymousreply 11May 30, 2020 6:43 PM

1. Dr. Osterholm predicted Covid-19 in Oprah interview in 2006

2. Contagion predicted Covid-19 in 2011

3. DL Oracle predicted precautions we should take ahead of time

4. And Yes - Sylvia! Going to read her book now.

That's it.

by Anonymousreply 12May 30, 2020 6:46 PM

R12, none of them predicted Covid-19 specifically. They just revealed what would happen if a contagious deadly virus spread over the globe in general

by Anonymousreply 13May 30, 2020 6:47 PM

R13: They were much closer than psychics! And Dr Osterholm said it would definitely happen.

by Anonymousreply 14May 30, 2020 6:49 PM

Response to R12

1. Every epidemiologist predicted it could happen, based on science and history.

2. It was a MOVIE, not a prediction. It was fiction based on scientific possibilities.

3. Oracle is purposely vague. I don’t put a lot of credence in what he says.

4. Sylvia Brown was a known charlatan who harmed many people with her bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 15May 30, 2020 6:52 PM

R15 here. I definitely believe there are people who have the ability to know the future, but most of those people are private about their ability. Those who make money off of it are not to be trusted.

by Anonymousreply 16May 30, 2020 6:55 PM

Pluto return, r5? I'm still waiting for Uranus return!

by Anonymousreply 17May 30, 2020 7:17 PM

Obama

by Anonymousreply 18May 30, 2020 7:18 PM

[bold]"But then Pluto will exactly conjunct the U.S. Pluto in early February 2022 and all through October 2023, which may be the real moment of crisis. The first key moment is January 12, 2020, the only time Saturn and Pluto will be exactly conjunct."[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 19May 30, 2020 7:31 PM

May 11th this guy predicted "rise in protests' and uprisings by the end of the month

go to 2:40

(I"ve only just started watching this)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 30, 2020 7:40 PM

R20, considering the reopen our country nonsense protests were already taking place on 5/11, this psychic was just exaggerating what he was already seeing. Another standard ruse.

by Anonymousreply 21May 30, 2020 7:58 PM

Back on January 12, our greatest concerns were Trump's "leading" us to war with Iran and whether or not Mayor Pete had the experience to be president. Good times.

So what was the significance of the date according to whoever R19 so boldly quoted?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 30, 2020 8:19 PM

My psychic friends did.

Or maybe it was the ganga talking....

by Anonymousreply 23May 30, 2020 8:24 PM

Last night, Revealing Light Tarot said Trump will declare Martial Law the 3rd week of June. Let's see...I respect her predictions, so a bit concerned.

by Anonymousreply 24June 2, 2020 2:28 PM

Yeah, Sylvia was just piggybacking on the SARS thing. She really did hurt a lot of people as r15 said. Horrible, horrible woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 2, 2020 4:03 PM

I asked this same question back in February. Pretty much crickets. Seems like one hell of a miss to me across the board.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 2, 2020 4:06 PM

A lot of people forget predictions that make no sense. In the early 80s Liz Greene talked about the breakup of the Soviet Union. It made no sense to me so I forgot it. A decade later I picked up the book again, and there it was!

For a long time, there have been predictions that the US would face some crisis that would come to a head 2020-2021. A few said it would be 2019. But ten years ago, it seemed so unbelievable that a lot of people dismissed it.

Most people just want what they expect to be confirmed. So anyone writing for publication tempers what they say.

by Anonymousreply 27June 2, 2020 4:17 PM

One of Sylvia Brownes predictions was that the U.S. would eliminate the office of the President and return to the structure of a Greek senate system.

by Anonymousreply 28June 2, 2020 4:52 PM

If psychics exist, why don't they use their powers to get rich on the stock market?

by Anonymousreply 29June 2, 2020 7:18 PM

R29, who says they don’t?? 🤫

by Anonymousreply 30June 2, 2020 7:22 PM

R15 I don't think Oracle is making any money from their predictions. They just share them here on DL, and perhaps with friends.

by Anonymousreply 31June 2, 2020 7:47 PM

A friend of mine was a consultant for a number of Wall Street Firms in the 1990s. Then he told them that they should drop the tech stocks. One by one, they dropped him. Then the tech boom burst. Realizing they only wanted confirmation, not advice, he stopped working as an investment consultant..

I used to work in a freelance field and that same friend gave me good financial advice. The few times I ignored him, I paid the price. I would have been in a lot of trouble if I had not followed his financial advice.

And today, he himself is pretty comfortable. So yes, R29, I guess they do..

by Anonymousreply 32June 2, 2020 9:22 PM

R32 does he have any advice for current times?

by Anonymousreply 33June 5, 2020 2:58 AM

Seconding R33.

by Anonymousreply 34June 5, 2020 9:17 AM

Linda G mentions a virus coming out in her August 17, 2019, video starts around 19:38 if you want to skip to that part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 5, 2020 10:46 AM

R32 and R34. According to him, the important thing is to take care of the people who are suffering financially right now.

He said that people are shy about asking for financial help so anyone who has savings or an income needs to offer without being asked.

And that there are people in trouble who hide it well. So you have to be a Sherlock Holmes in finding people to help.

by Anonymousreply 36June 5, 2020 12:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!