Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My First Stinkbug

Finally, I got one. Found him crawling across my iPad about half an hour ago.

I never had a stinkbug before.

My sister in law told me last summer that stinkbugs were hideous, but I think the little guy. He’s gentle, curious, non-aggressive, a little stumbly. But polite for coming by to greet me.

So far, no stink.

Tell us your stinkbug stories. Especially your first stinkbug. Did you like him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 29, 2020 6:10 AM

The picture is beautiful. He looks jeweled.

Sorry, I have no experience with stink bugs - do stink when you kill them?

by Anonymousreply 1May 29, 2020 1:10 AM

OP - Pennsylvania?

by Anonymousreply 2May 29, 2020 1:16 AM

They only stink when you crush them and.or when they die.

If you only see a few you're fine, however they can get as plentiful as other summer bugs and then you are fucked.

by Anonymousreply 3May 29, 2020 1:17 AM

I get them year round. they love LOVE to live in air conditioner units. when I take the units out of the windows for the winter I clean them out but I inevitably have a couple show up throughout the winter. they don't actually stink that I have noticed. maybe it's only certain ones? we do get beetles that smell like pine when you kill them because they eat pine.

by Anonymousreply 4May 29, 2020 1:20 AM

They stink when you crush them.

by Anonymousreply 5May 29, 2020 1:22 AM

You can get 120 bells for that sucker.

by Anonymousreply 6May 29, 2020 1:23 AM

R6 What does that mean?

by Anonymousreply 7May 29, 2020 1:25 AM

I have crushed them though and didn't notice a smell. they don't bother my dogs either, both my dogs will eat one.

by Anonymousreply 8May 29, 2020 1:38 AM

I liked mine!

by Anonymousreply 9May 29, 2020 1:40 AM

rescue-chick, R4, you kill beetles?

Wow.

I feel rather bad, like when I found out Santa Claus wasn’t real.

by Anonymousreply 10May 29, 2020 1:51 AM

R2, I’m in Connecticut. New country boy from the city.

Last summer I got so excited with you about the bunnies in my yard. This year it’s stinkbugs.

by Anonymousreply 11May 29, 2020 1:54 AM

haha r10! I do take out bees, wasps etc but kill mosquitoes, stinkbugs, those pest moths and spiders (because i am terrified of spiders).

I do put out pans of water with resting rocks in them for frogs and bees and bunnies during drought.

so, yes Virginia, there is a santa-claus!

by Anonymousreply 12May 29, 2020 1:58 AM

They are annoying sometimes because they fly around the room you’re in and will not infrequently crash straight the fuck into you. To me it’s sufficiently irritating that I cup them then flush them.

They’re invaders from Asia and, Hun-like, they sweep down on crops doing massive damage. Kill the little fuckers without mercy.

by Anonymousreply 13May 29, 2020 1:59 AM

Frau cunt thread.

by Anonymousreply 14May 29, 2020 1:59 AM

THEY FLY??

by Anonymousreply 15May 29, 2020 2:02 AM

the fat ones have little tiny mobility scooters r15

by Anonymousreply 16May 29, 2020 2:09 AM

You never forget your first, OP.

by Anonymousreply 17May 29, 2020 2:14 AM

True story:

This is the Man-Faced Stinkbug. Look at this BDF!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 29, 2020 2:16 AM

Help. Can anyone re-size this image to fit?

One hot stinkbug top. One hot stinkbug bottom.

Look closely. Who will you choose, Burt or Ernie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 29, 2020 2:28 AM

Stinkbug was my nickname as a little girl

by Anonymousreply 20May 29, 2020 2:49 AM

In Taxco, Mexico, there's a festival when the stinkbugs are in swarm. They eat 'em, cooked and raw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 29, 2020 3:27 AM

[quote]So far, no stink.

OP, if you handle them carelessly between your fingers so that they become alarmed (without harming it), they will discharge, and you'll be able to smell the characteristic odor on your fingers. Some think it smells a little like cilantro.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 29, 2020 3:33 AM

“Found him crawling across my iPad about half an hour ago.“

OP, you type stank.

by Anonymousreply 23May 29, 2020 3:43 AM

[quote] The picture is beautiful. He looks jeweled.

What a great description, r1. His is a look of sophistication.

I see glimpses of a genius medieval tapestry design when i look closely. Do you see that? Who does that?

Stinkbugs. The simple, doddering stinkbug. He’s the guy with the overpacked suitcase with only three working wheels. He pushes. He spins. He heads toward any light, he is faithful. He believes in goodness and being steadfast, and honorable. He perseveres.

He’s the guy who walks off a cliff because he thought it was a curb.

He’s the one taking a half hour with the menu, with coke-bottle lenses, mistaking a napkin for the tablecloth at his lap. All because Lasik never called.

by Anonymousreply 24May 29, 2020 3:58 AM

Prior to his murder by the Rescue-Chick Gang @ r4, Stinkbug was a volunteer Gentleman for thirty years on Roller Skate Night at the Italian American Club of Mahopac. He would skate with all and anyone who appeared to be lonesome or alone. With six legs, he was digging deep in his pockets to rent all those skates every Wednesday. He never complained.

Gasp. I yield the floor.

by Anonymousreply 25May 29, 2020 4:33 AM

R4, step away from the Rosy Maple Moth.

Step away and we’ll forget any of this happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 29, 2020 6:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!