Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Wanda Sykes Bitchslaps Scott Baio

Says she hopes he enjoys "Whatever it is you do".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 16, 2020 4:58 PM

He is working on his new show - Chachi loves cock!

by Anonymousreply 1May 28, 2020 8:03 PM

Ugh. To think I thought he was hot when I was a kid. One of my first crushes.

by Anonymousreply 2May 28, 2020 8:20 PM

I beg your pardon, Ms. Sykes. Baio has been cast in the new Antonio Sabato, Jr. movie. He's a movie star!

by Anonymousreply 3May 28, 2020 8:23 PM

She draaaaaagggggged him and shut him down.

Faaabulous.

by Anonymousreply 4May 28, 2020 8:23 PM

Love her

by Anonymousreply 5May 28, 2020 8:35 PM

This was the best parts of the article at OP:

[quote] The Twitter drama began when Baio tweeted at Wanda over the weekend ...

[quote] It took her [Sykes] a few days to see Baio's tweet, but on Wednesday night she responded, dragging him hard.

Kind of mean of her to call him "Chachi," and make fun of his lack of productivity. (She could be unemployed one day, too.) But Wanda's "ape" comment was correct. ("Joe Biden didn't say, 'Then you ain't an ape.'")

by Anonymousreply 6May 28, 2020 8:37 PM

Scott Baio is an asshole Trump douchebag. However, putting that aside for a moment. I don't really like it when people make fun of celebrities who once were a big deal and now they're kind of "has-beens." There are so many actors, musicians, etc., who once had their moment in the sun and now haven't worked or been in the spotlight for years. There are plenty of reasons to make fun of Baio. I just feel bad about making fun of celebrities who time has come and gone but seem to linger on the fringes and have nothing to do.

Having said that, Sykes nailed him good. His original comment deserved a mean response.

by Anonymousreply 7May 28, 2020 9:00 PM

Why is he such a deplorable? He should be in jail for what he did to Nicole Eggert. Entitled asshole. with a smidgen of talent, with looks for maybe a decade or two, thinks he's some sort of genius. Oh wait... that seems to be a formula

by Anonymousreply 8May 28, 2020 9:06 PM

Chachi is a little bitch!

by Anonymousreply 9May 28, 2020 9:10 PM

[quote](She could be unemployed one day, too.)

She's not just an actor as Baio is, she is a stand up comedienne and a writer, she has a lot to fall back on and Chachi chose to go against someone smarter and funnier. Pick your battles wisely.

by Anonymousreply 10May 28, 2020 9:55 PM

R7 I hear what you’re saying and would agree in most instances, but Chachi the entitled windbag, #metoo, douchebag using the vapors of whatever celebrity he has left to build a right wing platform doesn’t get any greater consideration than he gives. You seem like a nice, thoughtful guy but I say NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 11May 28, 2020 10:00 PM

How did she make fun of his career? That seems kind of stretch.

by Anonymousreply 12May 28, 2020 10:05 PM

Baio deserves it! he came for her, he got served. I find him to be very unpleasant and it seems like his wife is too. And lots of people saw him with Nicole Eggert when she was underage so he's also a huge douche.

by Anonymousreply 13May 28, 2020 10:13 PM

[quote]How did she make fun of his career? That seems kind of stretch.

R12. Sykes signed off by saying: "I hope you enjoy whatever it is that you do."

You don't think that's an insult to someone who was once well-known and now appears not to work? It's major fucking shade especially since he insulted Sykes' time that she spent writing for the reboot of the "Roseanne" show.

by Anonymousreply 14May 28, 2020 10:41 PM

I adore Wanda. Smart and always funny.

by Anonymousreply 15May 28, 2020 10:54 PM

She took a while to reply because she had to Google him to find out who he is.

by Anonymousreply 16May 28, 2020 10:58 PM

The last guy to throw major shade at Wanda Sykes is now sitting in prison.

Will Scott follow suit?

by Anonymousreply 17May 28, 2020 11:03 PM

Why they got beef?

by Anonymousreply 18May 28, 2020 11:06 PM

He invited it by addressing her in the first place. He’s so obnoxious and it was very enjoyable seeing him put in his place.

by Anonymousreply 19May 28, 2020 11:07 PM

He "atted her". He broke Twitter etiquette.

by Anonymousreply 20May 28, 2020 11:13 PM

Who, R17? (and yes I looked...Weinstein?)

by Anonymousreply 21May 28, 2020 11:15 PM

[quote] He "atted her". He broke Twitter etiquette.

Oh shit!

Oh no he di’int!

by Anonymousreply 22May 28, 2020 11:20 PM

Bill Cosby, R21.

He once commented he found her brand of humor "offensive."

by Anonymousreply 23May 29, 2020 12:21 AM

Bill Cosby can fuck himself with rancid Jell-O.

by Anonymousreply 24May 29, 2020 1:16 AM

The nerve of him! I gave him the best years of our teens!!

by Anonymousreply 25May 29, 2020 1:35 AM

[quote]According to Sykes, she once struck up a conversation with Cosby, who was seated behind Larry David at the Emmy Awards. “You know, Larry makes up stuff on his show, you didn’t make up things on your show did you, Dr. Cosby?” she asked Cosby. “He said ‘No, but we also spoke English.’”

by Anonymousreply 26May 29, 2020 1:53 AM

I love Wanda Sykes

by Anonymousreply 27May 29, 2020 1:56 AM

Her response was brilliant. She schooled that sniveling little rat-faced, reich-wing bastard. In fact, it was a master class in throwing shade.

He came for her. And got burned in the process. He should sit his punk-ass down and shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 28May 29, 2020 2:13 AM

[quote]The last guy to throw major shade at Wanda Sykes is now sitting in prison.

So can we hope Trump will insult her next and suffer the same fate?

by Anonymousreply 29May 29, 2020 3:54 AM

She didn't even have to say much or use any expletives. A calm and effective put-down. "Hi, Chachi" lol

by Anonymousreply 30May 29, 2020 11:46 AM

Here's Wanda discussing Cosby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 29, 2020 12:10 PM

I've seen Wanda at an event. She was so damn funny and smart. I am a HUGE fan.

by Anonymousreply 32May 29, 2020 12:21 PM

She tweeted to Trump "yeah I reported you"

by Anonymousreply 33May 29, 2020 12:22 PM

Good for Wanda. Cosby liked to come for people all time, like Eddie Murphy and Dave Chapelle for their 'offensive' language/jokes. And all the time he was drugging and raping women. I guess as long as it's behind closed doors, right?

by Anonymousreply 34May 29, 2020 12:27 PM

[quote]"Oh! Hey Chachi"

The best part is when I read it, I hear it in her voice.

by Anonymousreply 35May 29, 2020 12:42 PM

My husband and I met Wanda once at a hotel lounge in Dallas (this was late afternoon...we all were just grabbing some lunch). She had a large bodyguard with her, but my fearless husband approached Wanda and said that we loved her work. She was very gracious. (BTW, we have never met, nor do we wish or intend to meet, Miss Baio (we'd prefer Miss Cleo).

by Anonymousreply 36May 29, 2020 2:03 PM

Miss Chachi has her nails out and hissing:

Roseanne's ex-husband, Tom Arnold, also called Baio a "tool" for his comments as well. Baio replied by writing, "If it wasn't for your 1st wife @therealroseanne .... no one would give two shits about you."

by Anonymousreply 37May 29, 2020 2:35 PM

[quote] Bill Cosby...once commented he found her brand of humor "offensive."

Does Bill Cosby want to hear what we feel is offensive?

by Anonymousreply 38May 29, 2020 2:37 PM

[quote] Baio replied by writing, "If it wasn't for your 1st wife @therealroseanne .... no one would give two shits about you."

Well he IS right about that.

But even a broken clock is right twice a day.

by Anonymousreply 39May 29, 2020 2:38 PM

r39 if Arnold had any balls he would reply "and if it wasn't for the casting couch no one would know who you are."

by Anonymousreply 40May 29, 2020 2:50 PM

R7 is Linds Lohan still on a sling with grey pubic hairs around her mouth

by Anonymousreply 41May 29, 2020 3:01 PM

I don’t know. I think marrying Roseanne was a big mistake on Arnold’s part. His work in True Lies really brought that movie together. Say what you will about it, but TL really was a great piece of entertainment. My 92 year old dad loved it.

But marrying her was a short sited decision. He probably could have gotten some thoughtful work as a character actor.

by Anonymousreply 42May 29, 2020 3:07 PM

Baio passing judgement on someone else's career is so absurd as to make one wonder if he recently fell and bumped his head.

by Anonymousreply 43May 29, 2020 3:15 PM

I guess I hadn't seen any recent photos of Scott Baio in a while. There is something pretty sad about an unemployed, middle-age Chachi, let alone one who's a Trumptard.

by Anonymousreply 44May 29, 2020 3:23 PM

[quote] But marrying her was a short sited decision.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 45May 29, 2020 4:30 PM

[quote] I don’t know. I think marrying Roseanne was a big mistake on Arnold’s part. His work in True Lies really brought that movie together.

That movie, and coincidentally his marriage to Roseanne, occurred in 1994. Prior to that nobody had ever heard of the guy.

by Anonymousreply 46May 29, 2020 4:31 PM

R46 I knew him from the stand up shows in the late 80s and early 90s. Some comedians used him as a joke writer. I think getting involved with Roseanne beyond writing gags for her actually hurt his career for a while.

by Anonymousreply 47May 29, 2020 4:41 PM

r47 Arnold was on the stand-up circuit just like Roseanne, when she hit it big she brought her friends along for the ride. She divorced her husband who was the source of all her material (the domestic goddess routines) and she got involved with Arnold. they shared a love of coke. Arnold came up with Seinfeld, Roseanne, Paul Reiser etc.

by Anonymousreply 48May 29, 2020 4:56 PM

But was never near as funny as any of them.

by Anonymousreply 49May 29, 2020 5:17 PM

I knew Tom Arnold in the 80s. Never liked him. Total opportunist, coke head. Can't deny he was successful though. Judging someone almost 30 years later hardly seems fair. I give him credit for a lot of the stuff he's done post Roseanne. Scott Baio post HD & CIC? Not so much.

by Anonymousreply 50May 29, 2020 5:18 PM

[quote]Linds Lohan still on a sling with grey pubic hairs around her mouth

I WISH they were only around my mouth.

by Anonymousreply 51May 29, 2020 5:21 PM

Ask Victoria Rowell what working with Scott Baio was like. Especially if you are a person of color.

by Anonymousreply 52May 29, 2020 5:31 PM

IMO, the funniest season(s) of the old "Roseanne Show" involved Tom Arnold as the boyfriend of Nancy (Sandra Bernhard).

The marriage of Roseanne and Tom Arnold was Tom's power grab. Roseanne knows Tom is still out there. Tom's presence prevents Roseanne from saying/doing everything she wants to say/do. Maybe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 29, 2020 9:36 PM

R50 here. The whole time he was married to Roseanne I remember thinking she could have any Hollywood gigolo she wanted, and she chose that?

by Anonymousreply 54May 29, 2020 11:26 PM

Why do you think she wanted a "Hollywood gigolo"?

by Anonymousreply 55May 29, 2020 11:32 PM

[quote]Tom's presence prevents Roseanne from saying/doing everything she wants to say/do.

Does it though?

by Anonymousreply 56May 29, 2020 11:36 PM

Another bitch slap for Scott Baio and his MAGA film costarring FakeBuffy

SAG-AFTRA has issued a “Do Not Work” notice against the family film “Courting Mom & Dad,” which the guild says has violated COVID-19 safety protocols issued by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health as well as COVID-19 and child actor guild regulations.

A Do Not Work notice requires that all SAG-AFTRA members do not accept employment from the production in question until further notice. Failure to do so could result in disciplinary action by the guild for violation of Global Rule One, which states that “No member shall render any services or make an agreement to perform services for any employer who has not executed a basic minimum agreement with the union, which is in full force and effect, in any jurisdiction in which there is a SAG-AFTRA national collective bargaining agreement in place.”SAG-AFTRA did not provide further details about the reasons behind the notice.

“Courting Mom & Dad” stars Scott Baio and Kristy Swanson as a couple on the verge of divorce as their three children seek the help of an eccentric personal injury lawyer to help stop the split. Revenge Movies, the producers of the film, did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 16, 2020 4:41 PM

[quote]But was never near as funny as any of them.

But he was funny. Infinitely funnier than Baio.

by Anonymousreply 58June 16, 2020 4:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!