Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

George W. Bush Slams Donald Trump: ‘I Don’t Like The Racism'

“I don’t like the racism and I don’t like the name-calling and I don’t like the people feeling alienated,” the 70-year-old told the magazine. “Nobody likes that.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 29, 2020 7:05 AM

This is over three years old. Why post it now?

by Anonymousreply 1May 28, 2020 5:04 PM

Spine can still be republican without a sense of guilt R1?

by Anonymousreply 2May 28, 2020 5:05 PM

NOW he says something.

Fuck these Nazi Republicans paying lip service to opposition at the 11th hour. Fuck them right out of the Senate, White House and Supreme Court!

by Anonymousreply 3May 28, 2020 5:09 PM

He said it in 2017, R3.

by Anonymousreply 4May 28, 2020 5:12 PM

Bush: I LOVE black people...those Muslims though.

by Anonymousreply 5May 28, 2020 6:00 PM

Bush, like all of the Republicans who have been shit canned from Trump's cabinet, still continue to adore Trump because he's the protector of the 1%. They may have problems with Trump's personal style, but they absolutely trust him 100% and will continue to support and vote for him. See: Sessions, Jeff.

by Anonymousreply 6May 28, 2020 6:17 PM

Said by the original "if you're not with us, you're against us."

These days, both the right and left refuse to work with the other side, refuse to listen to others' point of view, and happily demonize anyone who doesn't agree a hundred percent. I find the left's behavior to be even more frustrating since we mostly attack our own.

All of this comes from the Bush years. Trump is Bush's creation.

by Anonymousreply 7May 28, 2020 6:19 PM

If all of these so-called 'decent' NeverTrump Republicans truly disapprove of him, they can begin to atone for their past sins and associations by voting Biden this November.

by Anonymousreply 8May 28, 2020 6:21 PM

R7 = False Both Sideser denying the moral inferiority of the Republican Party in the hopes that you will lose all faith in democracy and let the Putin-Trump ticket sweep up.

NICE TRY, BORIS!

by Anonymousreply 9May 29, 2020 5:51 AM

He doesn't like the alienation and the name calling? Guess he felt differently when he employed Rove and demonized gay people to win an election.... when he tried to write discrimination against us into the goddamn constitution... when he used racist push polls against McCain in South Carolina... when he threw out rights away to appease the evangelicals.

by Anonymousreply 10May 29, 2020 7:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!