Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Henry Cavill could return as Superman, but not in a stand alone film

Then what’s the point?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 3, 2020 3:29 PM

OK per the Wrap this negotiation may actually pertain to having him shoot new footage for Zack Snyder’s cut of Justice League.

by Anonymousreply 1May 28, 2020 1:12 AM

OP they’re coming back to shoot Snyder’s version of Justice League.

by Anonymousreply 2May 28, 2020 1:14 AM

Superman is an impossible character to fill, it's like the Great Gatsby of comic book characters.

by Anonymousreply 3May 28, 2020 1:19 AM

This is going to be like Mulholland Drive where everyone in the second half of the movie has clearly aged.

by Anonymousreply 4May 28, 2020 1:19 AM

Fuck he is hot

by Anonymousreply 5May 28, 2020 3:45 AM

OMG SQUEE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 30, 2020 1:50 PM

The "point" is they are making more Shazam movies and Superman is a character in that universe and already had a little appearance in the first one.

by Anonymousreply 7May 30, 2020 3:54 PM

He purdy.

by Anonymousreply 8May 30, 2020 3:56 PM

Could someone explain this Zack Snyder cut of Justice League. Why is everyone talking about it? I thought everyone hated Zack Snyder and blamed for DV movies sucking.

by Anonymousreply 9May 30, 2020 4:23 PM

The small vocal minority of Snyder defenders are basically the comic world’s version of Trumptards.

In all likelihood, the Snyder cut will be just as bad as the theatrical Justice League.

by Anonymousreply 10May 30, 2020 4:28 PM

[quote]Superman is an impossible character to fill, it's like the Great Gatsby of comic book characters.

And yet, Christopher Reeve did it well...at least in the first movie before the scripts went to hell.

by Anonymousreply 11May 30, 2020 4:29 PM

Henry looks wise is the perfect Superman. What happened?

by Anonymousreply 12May 30, 2020 4:39 PM

Zack Snyder’s filmmaking happened.

by Anonymousreply 13May 30, 2020 4:49 PM

Superman no longer works because Superman is a boy scout. He's not dark and conflicted. I think everyone wants grey superheroes now.

by Anonymousreply 14May 30, 2020 5:00 PM

R9, As I understand it, Zack Snyder finished shooting the film and assembled a rough cut that was about four hours long.

The studio said nope and made him cut it down to two. Snyder made the cuts and was getting ready for post-production and effects, but then his daughter died and he left the project.

They brought in the Avengers director to finish up the film, but he ended up doing extensive reshoots that changed a lot of the tone and chunks of the actual story.

It’ll probably still suck.

by Anonymousreply 15May 30, 2020 5:48 PM

[quote]Superman no longer works because Superman is a boy scout. He's not dark and conflicted. I think everyone wants grey superheroes now.

The problem is that they have hacks writing scripts.

In a world that has drifted so heavily into situational ethics, someone with a firm moral compass is likely to become highly conflicted and troubled by the choices both he and his "friends" have to make. Moral right and wrong become much more ambiguous and staying on the straight and now could easily lead you to the wrong outcome.

Issues like what to do when the law cannot or will not punish criminals could be easily explored. Also, Superman is no more a boy scout than Captain America, yet Marvel has handled him well, especially as he came into conflict with Iron Man. Interpersonal conflict between Superman and Batman is inevitable, even if both fight on the same side, as it did with Iron Man and Captain America.

by Anonymousreply 16May 30, 2020 7:35 PM

Yep. The complaints about Superman's personality are the same things you could say about Captain America's personality.

Anyway character can work in the hands of skilled writers who know how to use that character. But the truth is Zack Snyder is a fucking hack, god I dislike that Ayn Rand fanboy.

by Anonymousreply 17May 30, 2020 7:41 PM

Snyder was actually fired and the daughter’s death was used as an excuse to let him save face. The daughter was part of his previous wife’s family and Snyder has a new family with his current wife. (He has three families from three different partners.)

by Anonymousreply 18May 30, 2020 7:45 PM

[quote] He has three families from three different partners.

So do I.

by Anonymousreply 19May 30, 2020 7:46 PM

[Quote] Snyder was actually fired and the daughter’s death was used as an excuse to let him save face.

I had a feeling that was the case.

by Anonymousreply 20June 3, 2020 2:59 PM

Is it true that Cavill is Conservative and homophobic? I read that somewhere, might have been here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 21June 3, 2020 3:11 PM

Is it true that Cavill is Conservative and homophobic? I read that somewhere, might have been here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 22June 3, 2020 3:11 PM

I don't think any studio is going to greenlight any big budget movie at this point until they have a vaccine. Either that or studios will demand final cut.

by Anonymousreply 23June 3, 2020 3:23 PM

R22 there was a recent thread about Henry on here and homophobia. Him being a conservative wouldn't surprise me.

by Anonymousreply 24June 3, 2020 3:27 PM

Unlikely given his WeHo family was about half black.

Even many "liberal" white gays in WeHo don't hang out with black gays.

by Anonymousreply 25June 3, 2020 3:28 PM

Also, FF R21 for posting twice. You annoy me.

by Anonymousreply 26June 3, 2020 3:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!