Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump now involved in the death of George Floyd

What does this mean? He is in communication with the FBI about this. Will he help cover up for the cops or actually do the right thing this time???

“ At my request, the FBI and the Department of Justice are already well into an investigation as to the very sad and tragic death in Minnesota of George Floyd....

....I have asked for this investigation to be expedited and greatly appreciate all of the work done by local law enforcement. My heart goes out to George’s family and friends. Justice will be served!“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 30, 2020 12:46 AM

I cannot wait until this racist, sexist, irresponsible imbecile is defeated in November.

Nonetheless, this is what he should do as POTUS, OP.

The senseless death of George Floyd should disgust everyone, even this imbecile in the WH.

by Anonymousreply 1May 28, 2020 12:13 AM

Please. The man is a lying psychopath. There’s no accountability for his actions. His words mean nothing. He’ll forget he said anything about this matter if it becomes more convenient for him.

by Anonymousreply 2May 28, 2020 12:16 AM

Not sure what there is to investigate since the videos fully tell the story - those fuckers murdered George Floyd.

by Anonymousreply 3May 28, 2020 12:17 AM

I am sure President COVID will soon make it all about him.

by Anonymousreply 4May 28, 2020 12:18 AM

Lord, do we need to go over every case in the United States and make it an epic saga? Whites kill blacks, blacks kill whites, sharks kill seals... it's a jungle out there. Beware.

by Anonymousreply 5May 28, 2020 12:27 AM

He’s trying for the African American vote!

by Anonymousreply 6May 28, 2020 12:36 AM

You do realize he doesn’t know who Floyd George is.

by Anonymousreply 7May 28, 2020 12:38 AM

It means he wants to fuck things up and to try to embarrass the Minneapolis mayor

by Anonymousreply 8May 28, 2020 12:39 AM

Someone needs to tell him that his Justice Department walked away from the consent decrees that the Obama administration had negotiated to reduce racism in the police forces of Baltimore, Chicago and Ferguson, MO.

by Anonymousreply 9May 28, 2020 12:40 AM

Trump REALLY doesn't understand how the US government works. He thinks he's like the owner of a restaurant who can check in on tables and "take care of" people when he feels like it.

by Anonymousreply 10May 28, 2020 12:42 AM

I believe this is his attempt at pantomiming compassion and empathy after Mann Coulter, of all people, called him out on being unable to do so.

by Anonymousreply 11May 28, 2020 12:43 AM

[quote] What does this mean? He is in communication with the FBI about this. Will he help cover up for the cops or actually do the right thing this time???

It means the same thing as it did with the lynching case in GA. The FBI will investigate and probably bring charges.

by Anonymousreply 12May 28, 2020 12:49 AM

In context, he also told someone today he's going to do an executive order to punish Twitter.

Both distractions will never be mentioned again after next week.

by Anonymousreply 13May 28, 2020 12:59 AM

I think I figured out why Ann Coulter was so mad at Trump. Orange turd has been picking on Ann's ex-boyfriend, who she still loves, Andrew Cuomo.

by Anonymousreply 14May 28, 2020 1:28 AM

It's obvious...Trump is going for the black vote. Trump is a slimy piece of shit. He's doesn't give a shit about that one black guy who died or about the 100,000 who died from COVID. Trump is Ted Bundy. He has no feelings. Everything that Trump does is for his own personal benefit and no one else's. Trump is a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 15May 28, 2020 1:29 AM

Pandering to black voters like other posters have said. His campaign has take Biden’s “you ain’t black” comment and has attempted to try and seem to the left of Biden on criminal justice. Best thing about it is that black voters are no fools. They’re not falling for it.

by Anonymousreply 16May 28, 2020 1:32 AM

Yes, I do think Trump is trying to capitalize after Biden stuck his foot in his mouth. This is so off-script for Orange Turd.

Nobody likes to feel their vote is taken for granted. I can understand why black people got disgusted over Biden's comment.

No, I'm not a Russian troll or secret Trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 17May 28, 2020 1:36 AM

Police are largely a part of his base. This is for show; nothing will happen to the killer from the Feds. It will be from Minny.

by Anonymousreply 18May 28, 2020 1:42 AM

Biden made a mistake. Biden has been a supporter of the black community. He just has to be sure he can explain how instead of telling an interviewer to "check my record." However this slimy ploy by Trump is hollow and lacks any substance. I hope blacks realize that Trump is not their friend. Stay the fuck away from Trump. He's dangerous and he'll drop you like a hot rock when he's done fucking you over while pretending to like you.

by Anonymousreply 19May 28, 2020 1:46 AM

[quote] Police are largely a part of his base.

Outrageous when you consider how much they benefit from public sector unions.

by Anonymousreply 20May 28, 2020 1:49 AM

Trump shouldn't even be involved in the death of George Floyd. This is a local and state matter. Trump needs to do his fucking job at the federal level. There's enough to do see that that fucked up the entire COVID response.

This move by Trump is to make a play for the black vote, the police vote, whatever. Trump is not bringing this up unless he thinks he ca get their vote. Do your job Trump. This is none of your fucking business.

by Anonymousreply 21May 28, 2020 1:51 AM

He’s going to (try to) bring that poor family to the White House for a photo op. And then he’ll call it done. Already saw this episode.

by Anonymousreply 22May 28, 2020 1:53 AM

[quote] He’s going to (try to) bring that poor family to the White House for a photo op.

He'll probably try to treat them to a McDonalds dinner as well.

by Anonymousreply 23May 28, 2020 1:55 AM

Jim Clyburn needs to step in and tell Trump to mind his own fucking business...and reassure blacks to vote for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 24May 28, 2020 1:59 AM

Side note: is that Revlon’s super lustrous lipstick in Silver City Pink that Trumpy is sporting in his glamour shot in OPs link?

I think it is.

by Anonymousreply 25May 28, 2020 2:00 AM

If the black family is invited to the White House, they should refuse to go.

And if they do go, will Trump and the family be wearing masks?

by Anonymousreply 26May 28, 2020 2:01 AM

No he shouldn’t mind his own business. He should do everything he can to make sure that Floyd gets justice as soon as possible.

by Anonymousreply 27May 28, 2020 2:01 AM

Trump probably think George Floyd was a country and western singer.

by Anonymousreply 28May 28, 2020 2:01 AM

No doubt he SHOULD, R27. But If that’s how you read his intent from that garbled mess he tweeted, you have not been paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 29May 28, 2020 2:03 AM

I wish Dotard would simply kill itself.

by Anonymousreply 30May 28, 2020 4:49 AM

Blacks are more conservative when it comes to guns and religion, two things that could easily be exploited in the wake of this tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 31May 28, 2020 4:52 AM

I hope Trump calls them "dirty cops" which suddenly is just fine with fragile cops nationwide as he says it all the time now about federal law enforcement and FBI! Remember how much cops hated Obama because he didn't slobber all over them and they felt abused?

by Anonymousreply 32May 28, 2020 5:47 AM

[quote]Trump probably think George Floyd was a country and western singer.

Trump probably think George Floyd was the barber on The Andy Griffith Show.

by Anonymousreply 33May 28, 2020 5:52 AM

They should investigate the 13yo he allegedly raped with Epstein.

by Anonymousreply 34May 28, 2020 5:55 AM

Yes. I choose the option @ R30. Orangina should kill himself. Fingers crossed.

by Anonymousreply 35May 28, 2020 12:12 PM

"It means the same thing as it did with the lynching case in GA. The FBI will investigate and probably bring charges."

Which means Trump will get his toadie and lackey at DOJ, Bill Barr, the de facto head of the FBI, to eventually drop all charges due to lack of evidence.

by Anonymousreply 36May 28, 2020 12:31 PM

President COVID has a decades long record of overt racism, as did his father. No one will be fooled by slimy tweets that Twitler never even composed, let alone remembers. Hair Furor received less than 5% of the Black male vote in 2016, and less than 1% of the Black female vote in 2016. It will be far worse for him in November.

by Anonymousreply 37May 28, 2020 9:07 PM

[quote]black people got disgusted over Biden's comment.

This never happened.

OK, maybe Diamond and Silk Purse or whatever they're called.

by Anonymousreply 38May 29, 2020 11:06 AM

Open your eyes and ears, folks: Orange It is all but begging for his to be a one-term Presidency.

What say you, Moscow-Rich Mitch?

by Anonymousreply 39May 29, 2020 5:49 PM

I’m waiting for asshole trump to use a variation of his McCain insult by saying; “I like people with a knee applied to their neck for 10 minutes, not to die”.

by Anonymousreply 40May 30, 2020 12:07 AM

Trump is used to cause disruption and unrest, distrust and deception. This is another example of him bumbling and rotting as he is meant to do.

The focus on Trump obscures rubbishing of our country - due to his being so morbidly disgusting and repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 41May 30, 2020 12:31 AM

I'm telling you, it is only a matter of time before Trump starts openly using the n-word.

by Anonymousreply 42May 30, 2020 12:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!