Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Apple prepared to spend $200 million for Scorsese-DiCaprio movie, a 1920s period crime drama set in Oklahoma

It’s been a while since we’ve had a Heaven’s Gate-type folly. Grab the popcorn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 28, 2020 1:15 AM

Marty sounds hellbent on proving it's not just Eye-talians who are thugs. Do we really need more of this shit, De Niro sleepwalking through a role for a paycheck, Leo playing Leo. Dude is out of ideas.

Him, Eastwood, Woody Allen... need to retire to the Hollywood Forever Retirement Village.

by Anonymousreply 1May 28, 2020 12:06 AM

We've already had a film about Oklahoma'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 28, 2020 12:37 AM

let me guess, co-starring Jonah Hill

rolls eyes

by Anonymousreply 3May 28, 2020 12:54 AM

I am interested.

by Anonymousreply 4May 28, 2020 12:59 AM

Leo does so much better with Tarantino. He has two great performances with him. Scorsese-does he do anything else but gangster movies? And unlike Hitchcock he has no design- no point. And DeNiro- who was having a nice little come back, was as exciting as dirt in " The Irishman". Americans are so attracted to crime and violence.

by Anonymousreply 5May 28, 2020 1:04 AM

I liked Scorsese's film Silence but not many people did.

by Anonymousreply 6May 28, 2020 1:07 AM

Shilenshe.

by Anonymousreply 7May 28, 2020 1:10 AM

Scorsese made the Aviator with DiCaprio, Kundun, the Last Waltz, the Age of Innocence and New York, New York, r5. Are moneymen willing to back him on anything now that isn't a gangster movie or that doesn't star DiCaprio?

by Anonymousreply 8May 28, 2020 1:14 AM

I bought the book but didn’t finish it.

by Anonymousreply 9May 28, 2020 1:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!