Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do VPNs Work?

Since Fat Uncle Billy is up our ass now, how do we stay private?

by Anonymousreply 20November 28, 2020 4:01 AM

As far as I know they do. I use NordVPN, never had any trouble and it was advised to me by a friends who has an IT company.

by Anonymousreply 1May 27, 2020 9:58 PM

I use NordVPN when traveling or not on my own home wifi - works great for me

by Anonymousreply 2May 27, 2020 10:03 PM

I've been using one or another VPN for over a decade now I swtiched to NordVPN about a year ago. About 10 days ago, the connection to BBC's iPlayer was acting up, precneting access, but Nord appeared to do a fix. This is not uncommon, though, as BBC is always trying to prevent access, and something similar has happened with every VPN I've subscribed to. Things are working fine again, though. When I signed up with Nord, they gave me a really good deal. I got three-years for the price of the two-year plan that was already on discount. I think you have to use a coupon code. This was given to me by a Nord rep during an online chat. UK is the most important access point for me, but I also watch shows in Mexico, France, Spain, Canada, and Australia.

by Anonymousreply 3September 27, 2020 10:28 PM

Doesn't DL occasionally reject them?

That's all I care about.

by Anonymousreply 4September 27, 2020 10:31 PM

[quote] Doesn't DL occasionally reject them?

Just don't use a Serbian VPN node. For some reason that seems to upset the management more than anything.

by Anonymousreply 5September 27, 2020 10:39 PM

ExpressVPN is highly rated

by Anonymousreply 6September 27, 2020 10:41 PM

R4 I was posting with my VPN on DL virtually from South Africa yesterday and Australia today.

by Anonymousreply 7September 27, 2020 10:50 PM

R6 is a Russian troll on other threads.

by Anonymousreply 8September 27, 2020 10:53 PM

Express VPN has shiesty billing practices.

by Anonymousreply 9September 27, 2020 10:55 PM

R5 HA, are you the one who was "posting from Slovenia about a local primary"?

by Anonymousreply 10September 28, 2020 1:03 AM

Read this and decide, the review is quite comprehensive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 28, 2020 1:12 AM

I use private internet access and have for years. I am very happy with it.

by Anonymousreply 12September 28, 2020 1:14 AM

Not me r10. I always route through Bugtussle.

by Anonymousreply 13September 28, 2020 1:41 AM

I'm using the free version of the Proton VPN (Swiss) for the first time and I'm a little confused about how it works. I had some trouble with Firefox and also with my Outlook email, but I think they're resolved now. But are there any drawbacks or dos and don'ts with using a VPN (especially at home, which is where I plan on using it.)

by Anonymousreply 14November 28, 2020 2:48 AM

Use Opera mobile browser.

You can turn the VPN on and off at will and choose where you want to "be from" some days I'm from Norway, there days Tokyo.

I'm on Opera right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 28, 2020 2:58 AM

It's already driving me crazy. It keeps disconnecting and reconnecting to a different server (all in the US.) And Windows shows "no internet" for my ethernet connection, even though it's working. I had to do a workaround to get Outlook email to function (had to disable the firewall for Proton). And then I had to change the proxy settings in Firefox. It's really messy. Maybe it's better in the paid version, but I wanted to try it out before committing.

by Anonymousreply 16November 28, 2020 3:23 AM

I am where I am not.

I am a turd.

by Anonymousreply 17November 28, 2020 3:27 AM

I've used private internet access for a decade. No complaints.

by Anonymousreply 18November 28, 2020 3:29 AM

Not sure. But VPLs work on me EVERY TIME.

by Anonymousreply 19November 28, 2020 3:50 AM

Who is this fat uncle billy? At the very least there should be a formal introduction.

by Anonymousreply 20November 28, 2020 4:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!