Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey calls for officer to be Charged with the murder of George Floyd

Finally, a Politician speaking out against the Police force besides DeBlasio. They are corrupt and need to be put on the spot.

He seems like a good egg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94May 30, 2020 5:12 PM

The full conference

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 27, 2020 6:40 PM

Yes, kneeing someone in the neck and holding it there until the guy loses consciously--and he dies soon after...is murder.

by Anonymousreply 2May 27, 2020 6:40 PM

My god, Jacob Frey is sexy.

Made even sexier by the forceful tone taken in speech.

by Anonymousreply 3May 27, 2020 6:44 PM

He’s hot.

by Anonymousreply 5May 27, 2020 6:52 PM

R4 FUCK OFF. THAT IS NOT PUNISHABLE BY DEATH. ENOUGH.

by Anonymousreply 6May 27, 2020 7:05 PM

[quote]I'm not excusing the cops AT ALL

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 7May 27, 2020 7:17 PM

[quote] Floyd had simply gotten out of his car and complied, he'd still be alive.

What white people don't understand is that blacks are constantly, and I mean constantly harrassed by police. They are stopped with hardly any excuse at all.

If a policeman asked you to do something, you'd do it immediately. If police asked you to do the same thing every single day, you would hesitate and even defy them after a while.

by Anonymousreply 8May 27, 2020 7:21 PM

Love Frey's hair!

by Anonymousreply 9May 27, 2020 7:22 PM

There are zero excuses for Floyd being detained by having a knee at his neck. It was unnecessary force, r4.

by Anonymousreply 10May 27, 2020 7:23 PM

He didn’t even resist.

by Anonymousreply 11May 27, 2020 7:50 PM

I wouldn't resist Jacob Frey. At ALL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 27, 2020 7:57 PM

Hey R4, how come fat old white men can walk around on public property carrying AK47s and other assault weapons with absolutely no legal ramifications? In fact, they're considered martyrs for their stupid cause.

by Anonymousreply 13May 27, 2020 7:59 PM

R4 is the racist all over all these threads defending the white people and trying to convince everyone they’re the actual victims

by Anonymousreply 14May 27, 2020 8:03 PM

Also R4, how come old white women can argue with a cop, basically tell him to fuck off, and lead him on a chase before she's finally pulled from her car and then assaults the cop before he finally tazes her? If she had been black, she would have been pulled from the car the moment she started arguing with him.

by Anonymousreply 15May 27, 2020 8:04 PM

Jacob Frey is a GOOD looking egg.

by Anonymousreply 16May 27, 2020 8:04 PM

^I agree. Sexy af.

by Anonymousreply 17May 27, 2020 8:09 PM

Trying to question or arrest someone re "using a forged document at a deli" is not a matter of urgency, let alone one that warrants violence and murder. If he won't co-operate, let him go and follow up another time. Frey is right.

by Anonymousreply 18May 27, 2020 8:12 PM

Too bad we don’t have the death penalty. That cop deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 19May 27, 2020 8:18 PM

Imagine thinking a fake $20 bill is more important than a black mans life.

PS I read it was actually a fake $10. The other $10 was real.

Even worse.

by Anonymousreply 20May 27, 2020 8:21 PM

I am so fucking sick of cops

by Anonymousreply 21May 27, 2020 8:24 PM

All jokes aside, if this man was trying to buy food with a fake $20 shows me he is desperate and hungry. I probably would have bought him the food.

And I’ve never seen the cops called for fake money unless it was a large purchase. Mainly because when it is one bill that is fake it could be something passed on to them from another store or ATM. That has happened to people.

by Anonymousreply 22May 27, 2020 8:29 PM

Rinse and repeat

by Anonymousreply 23May 27, 2020 8:47 PM

What a beautiful man. And a good man.

Honestly, he seems badass.

by Anonymousreply 24May 27, 2020 9:10 PM

[quote] Too bad we don’t have the death penalty. That cop deserves it.

I know you're being rhetorically extravagant, for effect but in actuality, if Minnesota did possess the death penalty, he would never be given it. Killing George Floyd may qualify for murder in a lower degree (although much more likely it was manslaughter), but it certainly does not qualify as murder in the first degree, which is what you would need to justify the death penalty anywhere in the US. The prosecution would have to prove intent to kill and pre-planning to justify such a verdict.

I DO hope the cop is put on trial, though, and is found guilty. It is manslaughter at the very least.

by Anonymousreply 25May 27, 2020 9:17 PM

The best part about him is he seems sincere. Many come off forced. He seems to genuinely feel bad.

by Anonymousreply 26May 27, 2020 9:17 PM

[quote][R4] FUCK OFF. THAT IS NOT PUNISHABLE BY DEATH. ENOUGH.

ALL I SAID was that if Floyd had simply DONE WHAT THE COP ASKED HIM TO, he'd be alive today. Anyone of any race who disobeys cops does so at their own risk. If the cop tells you to stand on your head and spit nickels, DO IT. There is plenty of time to sort it out later.

by Anonymousreply 27May 27, 2020 9:31 PM

R27 not doing everything asked of you does not mean you should get killed. Old fuck

by Anonymousreply 28May 27, 2020 9:35 PM

Mayor Frey for Vice-President!

by Anonymousreply 29May 27, 2020 9:38 PM

At least one should be charged with murder...if not four.

by Anonymousreply 30May 27, 2020 9:40 PM

We already have a Jacob Frey thirst thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 27, 2020 9:41 PM

R4 is an ignorant fool.

by Anonymousreply 32May 27, 2020 9:43 PM

So by R4/R27's warped reason, the fat old white guys armed to the teeth who were parading in front of the state capitol in Lansing MI should have been shot at point blank range for failing to disburse when ordered to do so.

Agreed, R27.

by Anonymousreply 33May 27, 2020 9:44 PM

He is hot and has a bright future ahead of him He should run for Governor

by Anonymousreply 34May 27, 2020 9:52 PM

I think some of this can be addressed in training and figuring out how to deal with people differently. The police are running on adrenaline and in some instances can be scared for their lives. How do you deal with someone breaking the law that is more humane and they don't get away and hurt someone else (if dangerous). A lot of times they act on split second decisions and I believe for the most part the police are there with good intents. They are also dealing with criminals who are maneuvering to get away - there has to be a balance.

Also, if the police tell you to do something, FOLLOW THEIR ORDERS. Unfortunately, it seems like some don't and this is the consequence.

by Anonymousreply 35May 27, 2020 9:59 PM

R35 no. It isn’t. Why are you on this site?

by Anonymousreply 36May 27, 2020 10:09 PM

[quote]ALL I SAID was that if Floyd had simply DONE WHAT THE COP ASKED HIM TO, he'd be alive today. Anyone of any race who disobeys cops does so at their own risk. If the cop tells you to stand on your head and spit nickels, DO IT. There is plenty of time to sort it out later.

R4/R27 = racist, shit-stirring, power-tripping troll who claims to be a cop.

by Anonymousreply 37May 27, 2020 10:23 PM

[quote]ALL I SAID was that if Floyd had simply DONE WHAT THE COP ASKED HIM TO, he'd be alive today.

No guarantee of that, especially for a black man.

by Anonymousreply 38May 27, 2020 10:23 PM

R37 oh, now he is a cop??? Everyday he is a new age, race, profession etc. two days ago he was black.

by Anonymousreply 39May 27, 2020 10:24 PM

Did Frey specifically say he should be charged with murder?

Frankly, I agree he should be, but isn't there an argument that for a city leader to say so explicitly he might be prejudicing a jury trial?

by Anonymousreply 40May 27, 2020 10:37 PM

R36 because I am a gay man. We all have different thought and opinions that is why we are so wonderful. You need to be open to different thoughts as that is what will make you more understanding.

I'm not sure what you are saying no, it isn't in reference to but I'll just leave it as you only have one view and you are completely closed off to other thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 41May 27, 2020 10:40 PM

No I think he just said that the officer should be “charged”, without further specifics.

by Anonymousreply 42May 27, 2020 10:40 PM

We saw the video. They’re guilty. There is no debating.

by Anonymousreply 43May 27, 2020 10:41 PM

John Boyega is PISSED. AS HE SHOULD BE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 27, 2020 10:41 PM

[quote] I DO hope the cop is put on trial, though, and is found guilty. It is manslaughter at the very least.

I’m confident that I could make a case under New York law for Murder 2 under the depraved indifference statute.

by Anonymousreply 45May 27, 2020 10:46 PM

[quote] ALL I SAID was that if Floyd had simply DONE WHAT THE COP ASKED HIM TO, he'd be alive today. Anyone of any race who disobeys cops does so at their own risk.

Let’s take your premise as fact, arguendo, that this person shouldn’t have resisted and did what the officer told him to do.

Can you tell me in the over 5 minutes the cop had his knee on his neck, cutting off his very ability to breathe, while lying on his stomach which affects the diaphragm, and two other additional cops on top of him to boot, ALL WHILE HE WAS HANDCUFFED, exactly what this man did to “resist” or “not comply”?

Point it out for me in the video. Just tell me the time stamp of what this man was doing to resist for those 5 minutes.

When the perp is cuffed, it’s over. It’s all done. He could’ve fought like a wild man prior to that, but none of that matters once he’s secured in handcuffs, to say nothing of the three cops on top of him.

When you can’t point to the time stamp, I’ll then tell you to sit down and shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 46May 27, 2020 10:57 PM

Again, ALL I SAID was if Floyd had listened to the cops instead of being an (alleged) dick, he probably wouldn’t have been restrained in the first place. Of course his death was unnecessary. No one is claiming otherwise. But if he had simply obeyed their orders, no matter how ridiculous they seemed, it is extremely probable that the situation never would have escalated. Is that so fucking hard to understand?

by Anonymousreply 47May 27, 2020 11:08 PM

He never resisted. There is video footage of what happened before he was on the ground. Moron n

by Anonymousreply 48May 27, 2020 11:12 PM

R47, I agree.

by Anonymousreply 49May 27, 2020 11:13 PM

You’re the same person on different accounts r49

by Anonymousreply 50May 27, 2020 11:15 PM

R3, I need to make out with him ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 51May 27, 2020 11:16 PM

R47 is a racist.

by Anonymousreply 52May 27, 2020 11:19 PM

R59, no, I just posted twice (you can do that). Actually, watching the news now and saw the video in its entirety. There was no reason or cause for his death. He didn't resist arrest and did what the police said.

However, still believe my thoughts on training and following police direction.

by Anonymousreply 53May 27, 2020 11:21 PM

Should be R50 instead of R59 ^

by Anonymousreply 54May 27, 2020 11:23 PM

[quote] Actually, watching the news now and saw the video in its entirety.

So without even watching the motherfucking video you jump to the conclusion that this man resisted arrest to the point he caused his own death?!

JFC

by Anonymousreply 55May 27, 2020 11:29 PM

R55 - My statement was a generality and I stand by it. I think training is essential, we need to go about things differently and we need to follow police instructions. I stand by that.

by Anonymousreply 56May 27, 2020 11:35 PM

^^Rabid RACIST at R56.

by Anonymousreply 57May 27, 2020 11:41 PM

For the first time when a black man is killed I am seeing a bunch of white people standing and marching too. Good.

Sad this is what it took to get many white peoples attention though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 27, 2020 11:43 PM

R57 - How are my opinions of correcting the issue of police brutality (training, police conducting themselves differently/more humane, and following police direction) racist?

That makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 59May 27, 2020 11:45 PM

I’m not him, r59, but could it be because instead of seeing that video and being outraged, disgusted and even offended by it as most reasonable people both would be and are, you leapt to the conclusion that the man must’ve done [italic]something[/italic] to cause his demise?

by Anonymousreply 60May 27, 2020 11:55 PM

R60, I was wrong and even said that there was no reason or cause for their actions. I did leap to judgment and I was wrong for that. I am man enough (god I hate that expression) to admit when wrong.

However, again, I think we need to discuss ways to correct so this doesn't continue (training, etc.).

We also need to hear what people are saying, I could appreciate your thoughts and looked at myself objectively and apologized. We need to be open and not combative with each other and truly listen to each other - we are going to find more common ground that way.

by Anonymousreply 61May 28, 2020 12:08 AM

[quote]However, again, I think we need to discuss ways to correct so this doesn't continue (training, etc.).

I think having enough intelligence to realize "If I kneel on this man's throat for seven minutes, he'll probably die" should be a pre-req for being a police officer, but what do I know.

"Train" all you want. Nothing will change until and unless there are actual punitive measure against the "few bad apples." But there never, ever are.

by Anonymousreply 62May 28, 2020 12:20 AM

This is an honest question, not meant to inflame: What we see in the video is horrifying, but how could the victim keep talking if he couldn't breathe? (Maybe he didn't mean that literally.) And what did he actually die of if not from an inability to breathe? Heart failure due to trauma?

by Anonymousreply 63May 28, 2020 12:32 AM

I see the issues regarding the Michael Brown incident, I think Michael was aggressive and the cop reacted. However, THIS falls entirely on law enforcement. I saw no resisting ,in fact he was being thrown around like a rag doll! When he was in cuffs they absolutely had their way with him. His eyes were protruding out of his head while on the ground screaming, he couldn't breathe with that knee on his neck! He made it to the hospital though, what did he die of...a collapsed trachea ? ...broken neck? ....fractured vertebrae through his spine? It's hard to settle on just one!

by Anonymousreply 64May 28, 2020 12:36 AM

[quote]He made it to the hospital though

I'd put good money on him actually having died on the street, but that the hospital is attempting to help give the cops cover.

by Anonymousreply 65May 28, 2020 12:42 AM

^ now it's a hospital cover up???

by Anonymousreply 66May 28, 2020 12:46 AM

Like I said, it's just a feeling.

by Anonymousreply 67May 28, 2020 12:49 AM

You fucking racist at R63.

Trumper, too.

by Anonymousreply 68May 28, 2020 1:01 AM

Has the cop been arrested? I would like to see the cop hanging by his neck until dead.

by Anonymousreply 69May 28, 2020 1:02 AM

R68, why is a question, now racist.? People we need to check ourselves.

And, how do you know he/she is a Trumper? We need to be able to talk to each other and not name call.

by Anonymousreply 70May 28, 2020 1:08 AM

Los Angeles is having BLM protests right now. Hundreds of people out marching right now in honor of George.

by Anonymousreply 71May 28, 2020 1:13 AM

R71 Yes, news is reporting 500 to 1000. And, peaceful which is great!!

by Anonymousreply 72May 28, 2020 1:15 AM

^ but not any social distancing nor many masks

by Anonymousreply 73May 28, 2020 1:15 AM

^ and now violence...

by Anonymousreply 74May 28, 2020 1:19 AM

Meghan McCain, of all people, said point blank that it was a murder.

I agree with Meghan McCain. I don't like this feeling.

by Anonymousreply 75May 28, 2020 1:27 AM

Wow. Even Meghan is on the right side huh? Good.

by Anonymousreply 76May 28, 2020 1:45 AM

The ladies of LadyBoners on Reddit are going nuts over him now, after seeing his press conference yesterday and then again today.

by Anonymousreply 77May 28, 2020 1:46 AM

Yeah, Meghan really shocked me here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 28, 2020 2:16 AM

Damn, we had mayor Pete when we could have had mayor Frey?

by Anonymousreply 79May 28, 2020 2:19 AM

[quote] I’m confident that I could make a case under New York law for Murder 2 under the depraved indifference statute.

Minneapolis is not in New York state.

by Anonymousreply 80May 28, 2020 2:28 AM

R72 How is that great? Crowds of 50 was deemed too dangerous back in February.

by Anonymousreply 81May 28, 2020 2:30 AM

Meghan failed to say that the murderer cop was a Trump supporter who was photographed at one of the rallies. However, she thought it was important to repeat a few times that the racist hag Cooper who called 911 in the Ramble was a prominent Obama supporter.

by Anonymousreply 82May 28, 2020 3:20 AM

R3 I agree, that is one fuck’n sexy Mayor. Sucks that it has to be Minneapolis.

by Anonymousreply 83May 28, 2020 3:28 AM

He is in Minneapolis because he loves Minneapolis. Believe it or not some people like to be elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 84May 28, 2020 3:55 AM

He comes off sincere and heartbroken over all this.

by Anonymousreply 85May 28, 2020 4:24 AM

He looks like a relative of Timothee Chevrolet.

by Anonymousreply 86May 28, 2020 11:37 AM

Minnneapolitan here. His public speaking has improved. He's basically a power hungry robot (aren't they all?), but yes generally his heart is in the right place and he's been willing to cut through the Susan Collins/Angry klobuchar style double speak a few times when it was needed. He's obviously always been aiming at higher office, but we could do a LOT worse. He used to come off very phoney, like Hillary trying to be everything to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 87May 28, 2020 1:28 PM

Yes. Love seeing this unity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88May 28, 2020 2:19 PM

Look at all those people

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89May 28, 2020 2:19 PM

[quote] Minneapolis is not in New York state.

Who the fuck said it was?

Someone suggested manslaughter as a charge and I said under New York law I’d prosecute a case for Murder 2.

Did you not understand people bring all of their own life experiences to this board, and you don’t need to be in Minnesota to share them? Would you have understood better if I said the completely unnecessary “if this happened in the State of New York, which it didn’t, because it happened in Minnesota, but if it did happen in New York...”?

by Anonymousreply 90May 28, 2020 2:44 PM

TikTok Gramps has a message for everyone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91May 28, 2020 4:02 PM

R87, I’m sure you aren’t aware that citing only female politicians as bad examples is not helpful to your case. You understand that, right?

by Anonymousreply 92May 28, 2020 4:50 PM

He is a good man. I hope he has a good career

by Anonymousreply 93May 29, 2020 2:01 AM

Minneapolis is 19% Black. It was settled by Germans. This was probably never a great arena for the Black population. What I don't understand is the destroying of innocent areas of liberalism like Denver and Atlanta. These are Democratic Biden supporting cities. They are fucking up.

by Anonymousreply 94May 30, 2020 5:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!