Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Ex-lesbian” is “thanking God” for the COVID pandemic because Pride parades were canceled

“Ex-lesbian” Rosaria Butterfield is calling on Christians to thank God for coronavirus.

Butterfield is the wife of First Reformed Presbyterian Church of Durham, North Carolina pastor Kent Butterfield, and she has written a biography about how she used to be “a tenured professor of English who identified as a lesbian and worked to advance the cause of LGBT equality” before she saw “the sinfulness of having any identity apart from Him” and got married to a man and had kids.

Now, in a column in the website Desiring God, Butterfield said that she’s grateful for the highly contagious and often fatal coronavirus that has killed over 100,000 people in the U.S. and 350,000 people worldwide.

“Giving thanks to God for everything, including COVID-19, humbles us — deeply,” she wrote. “It reminds us that God’s providence is perfect and our point of view flawed. Because God is good, just, and wise, all the time and in every circumstance, then COVID-19, for the Christian, must be for our good and for God’s glory.”

While the question of how a loving and all-powerful God could allow horrors like plagues to exist has been one that theologians have wrestled with for centuries, Butterfield found a simple answer for the coronavirus pandemic: it canceled Pride, which turns people gay.

“Giving thanks to God for COVID-19 also positions us to begin to see the world from his point of view,” she wrote. “If taking away our prosperity is how God will shake us up from our national and personal sins, are we all in?”

“Have you considered the ramifications that this June will be the first in decades without a public gay pride march? Why is this big news? First, sexual identity depends on an affirming audience who can sway others to its side, using an ideology of personal freedom and victimhood. A virtual platform draws only the faithful, denying them the oxygen that this particular fire needs.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 27, 2020 5:26 PM

I hope this bitch dies. And I have nothing more to add to this.

by Anonymousreply 1May 27, 2020 3:55 PM

We really need to start addressing the problem of mental illness in this country.

by Anonymousreply 2May 27, 2020 3:58 PM

She probably met Aaron Shock and turned straight.

by Anonymousreply 3May 27, 2020 4:03 PM

Self-hate is sad.

by Anonymousreply 4May 27, 2020 4:04 PM

Well isn't that nice? I wonder when her husband will join the ranks of the other disgraced ministers who are outed for being closet cases and marrying skanky old lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 5May 27, 2020 4:06 PM

Why so many ex-lesbians? Wouldn't they be active bisexuals?

by Anonymousreply 6May 27, 2020 4:07 PM

Maybe she's bi but not aware of it.

by Anonymousreply 7May 27, 2020 4:08 PM

She taught at Syracuse! For a decade! Idk what happened to her, but damn.

by Anonymousreply 8May 27, 2020 4:09 PM

A variation on: nothing so virtuous as a retire whore or reformed drunk.... Smug, hateful cow.

by Anonymousreply 9May 27, 2020 4:10 PM

De Blasio's wife is also a New York "ex-lesbian."

by Anonymousreply 10May 27, 2020 4:11 PM

So she wrote that she 'decided' to be a lesbian from 28 to 36. Umm - bitch you were never a lesbian then.

She wanted to have kids - so here came the husband.

I love how people who have had freedoms then decide it's not for them, want to take away freedoms for others.

She is insane.

by Anonymousreply 11May 27, 2020 4:13 PM

Oh - and she and her husband have 4 adopted kids. Guess God didn't want her to have any bio kids.

Or she married an ex-gay husband.

by Anonymousreply 12May 27, 2020 4:23 PM

I wonder how much she's being paid.

[quote]“I took their money and they put me out in front of the cameras and told me what to say,” she (Norma McCorvey, "Jane Roe") tells director Nick Sweeney.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 27, 2020 5:06 PM

She’s just deranged. Probably some form of schiz. Religious mania too. Look at her crazy face.

by Anonymousreply 14May 27, 2020 5:09 PM

I would say Ms. Butterfield is a butterface, but her body is ugly as well.

by Anonymousreply 15May 27, 2020 5:14 PM

Christianity is an evil that never sleeps.

It's unfortunate that Mrs Butterfield has experienced such dissociation, conflict, and confusion regarding her own self-identity. I have no idea what happened to her that brought her to that state. But what is really tragic is that she's built a new self-identity around marketing her particular brand of confusion to other people who, being under pressure and vulnerable themselves, may well buy into it and decide that they too can simply 'choose' not to be gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 27, 2020 5:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!