Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Assholes are lining up in the sweltering Florida humidity (it is awful today) to SHOP at the DISNEY STORE

This is the picture from outside the World of Disney store at Disney Springs near Orlando.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 28, 2020 4:28 AM

People are waiting 3 HOURS to go into the store.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 27, 2020 3:22 PM

75% of the women in those pictures are obese. So sad. The “fat acceptance” movement is responsible for so many lost lives.

by Anonymousreply 2May 27, 2020 3:24 PM

It's like a Karen Convention

What do you call a flock of Karens?

by Anonymousreply 3May 27, 2020 3:26 PM

Most are wearing a mask. This is the new normal, Op. Get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 4May 27, 2020 3:27 PM

R3 a flock of Karens is called a "privilege". It's a privilege of Karens.

by Anonymousreply 5May 27, 2020 3:30 PM

Will there be enough managers for them to speak to?

by Anonymousreply 6May 27, 2020 3:35 PM

Do I hear bacon sizzling?

by Anonymousreply 7May 27, 2020 3:37 PM

[quote] a flock of Karens is called a "privilege". It's a privilege of Karens.

I thought it was "an entitlement of Karens."

by Anonymousreply 8May 27, 2020 6:08 PM

Do they sell anything in that store that's (1) essential and/or (2) unavailable online?

by Anonymousreply 9May 27, 2020 6:08 PM

It's unfortunate and a lot of people who wouldn't otherwise get sick (such as healthcare workers) are going to die, but the evidence is that until these people experience it for themselves, they're simply not going to take it seriously.

The churches that opened, then closed after numerous illnesses prove that.

Hannah Arendt defined evil as a failure of imagination. Evil arises because people are incapable of imagining the beginning, middle, and end of another person. They cannot imagine experiences if they haven't had them themselves; therefore lack empathy for others. You can see this in idiots like Rob Portman who was vocally opposed to gay marriage until his own son came out. Once it affected him (and benefited him) to allow gay marriage, he was suddenly able to imagine what life for those people was like.

Unfortunately, the only way these people will understand is when someone in their own lives gets sick.

Or, they're right, and we're over-reacting. I guess time will tell, but science says the better bet is a wave of new illnesses.

by Anonymousreply 10May 27, 2020 6:18 PM

Disney Stores are now in every mall around the country. They HAVE to go to that one?

by Anonymousreply 11May 27, 2020 6:32 PM

C-O-V (Victory is ours.) I-D-19 (Days till we die) I-D-I-O-T.

by Anonymousreply 12May 27, 2020 6:45 PM

R8? No, it's an entitlement of Millennials.

Fixed that for ya.

by Anonymousreply 13May 27, 2020 6:58 PM

[quote] The “fat acceptance” movement is responsible for so many lost lives.

And the Disney acceptance movement is responsible for so much crushing, corporate mediocrity.

by Anonymousreply 14May 27, 2020 7:03 PM

R10, great post.

by Anonymousreply 15May 27, 2020 7:56 PM

R9, they do sell some things exclusively in the parks/DS. I’ve never had the urge to go to this store though. Part of the magic of WDW is getting souvenirs while (or slightly after) having fun in the park.

by Anonymousreply 16May 27, 2020 7:59 PM

The virus isn’t surviving in that sweltering heat. Nobody’s getting it.

by Anonymousreply 17May 27, 2020 8:11 PM

It's not part of The Disney Store chain, which most people make stake it for. It mostly carries merchandise exclusive to that store, World of Disney, and the theme parks, as well as product lines created exclusively for that particular store. It'll has products ranging the gammut from pencils to high-end jewelry and timepieces, dishes, food, apparel, toys abd the same DVDs and CDs you can get anywhere. But none of it is essential. I can't believe people are waiting three hours to get into it. It's something like 53,000 square feet of madness on a normal day--I would think it must be like Hell on the day it reopens with social distancing and newly retrained employees in place.

by Anonymousreply 18May 27, 2020 8:13 PM

Their best hope is that coronavirus doesn't like Disney either.

by Anonymousreply 19May 27, 2020 8:19 PM

Reminds me of Dawn of the Dead (1978). It was set in a shopping mall...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 27, 2020 8:19 PM

[quote] products ranging the gammut

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 21May 27, 2020 10:26 PM

Grandma will look so cute in her casket with Mickey Mouse ears on.

by Anonymousreply 22May 27, 2020 10:27 PM

Have to go with R9. Is there really anything there that can't be ordered on-line?

I certainly understand there may be birthdays or whatever looming, but you can't get an Elsa doll through Disney.com or Amazon?

by Anonymousreply 23May 27, 2020 10:32 PM

[quote]What do you call a flock of Karens?

A Karavan?

by Anonymousreply 24May 27, 2020 10:38 PM

A kuntitude of Karens.

by Anonymousreply 25May 27, 2020 10:53 PM

At least they’ll die happy, with their ears on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 27, 2020 10:57 PM

Meanwhile, in a city that's had almost 400,000 confirmed cases and 23,000 deaths in 10 weeks, this shit is still going on in this community. This community kept their schools open a week after everyone else. They've had mass religious gathering throughout this crisis. DeBlasio grew some balls and said something but he was he immediately silenced.

I work in this community and was shocked today how many Hasidim were not wearing masks at all, probably 99%. Meanwhile, it seems almost 100% of the rest of the city is wearing masks. There is going to be a second wave of infections much sooner than we think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 27, 2020 10:59 PM

There just can't be anything in that store that anyone absolutely needs.

by Anonymousreply 28May 27, 2020 10:59 PM

"Most are wearing a mask"

Masks only prevent someone spraying you with droplets of cough or sneeze, and may limit viral load (the amount your mucous membranes are exposed to in a congested area like a rain or elevator). Viruses being 40 times smaller than bacteria, just imagine what gets through the gigantic holes of cloth or paper. If you can smell perfume, smoke or stank- you just inhaled a nice batch of virus.

by Anonymousreply 29May 27, 2020 11:17 PM

So you’re suggesting people shouldn’t wear masks, Florence Nightingale?

by Anonymousreply 30May 27, 2020 11:20 PM

[quote]What do you call a flock of Karens?

A gaggle of Karens.

Although I do like R5: "a privilege of Karens."

by Anonymousreply 31May 27, 2020 11:24 PM

A "frauline of Karens."

by Anonymousreply 32May 27, 2020 11:25 PM

It's a kunt of Karens.

Pronounced Koont.

by Anonymousreply 33May 27, 2020 11:42 PM

Disney grot to die for.

by Anonymousreply 34May 28, 2020 4:18 AM

"Exclusive" crap about cartoon characters made for children?

It makes my brain hurt. Can you imagine what their houses look like?

by Anonymousreply 35May 28, 2020 4:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!