Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Karenlovers

I’m so sick of disgusting Karenlovers in my community. I see them walking around with stinky, disgusting Karens and they’re so proud of themselves. Makes me fucking sick. Our beautiful, sexy men being Karenlovers... walking around with these nasty, subhuman Karens.

by Anonymousreply 11May 27, 2020 3:59 PM

It's amazing how fast this 'Karen' thang has swept the internets. There seems to be a lot of rage at self-righteous white women with camera phones.

Each situation is different. And anyone can be a 'Karen'.

by Anonymousreply 1May 27, 2020 2:55 PM

It's misogyny repackaged as progressive. It was funny for a while, but this will morph into a social problem in no time.

by Anonymousreply 2May 27, 2020 2:56 PM

I don't agree that the concept of Karen is misogynistic. I think it brings a necessary balance to the gender discourse that took place in the past decade. The scenario set up by the media in the past decade, in which women live an existence of oppression, always feeling the fear of being slaughtered by men, was a surreal exaggeration. Men and women do not live in this Hobbesian scenario; women, in general, do not live in fear of men and, in fact, many pick fights with them without good reason (cf. Karens who call police on Black men having a barbecue in a public space), with the clear expectation that they can do anything because they're women and men need to endure the provocation because they're men. And many men, in fact, react to these female slights with restraint, even with that form of amused tolerance seen in adults observing children's tantrums.

In short, the Karen discourse merely recognizes there's more nuance in the dialectic between the sexes.

by Anonymousreply 3May 27, 2020 3:09 PM

R3 Perfectly stated. A thesis.

by Anonymousreply 4May 27, 2020 3:16 PM

Karen= bad white woman.

It will soon become all white women=Karens, then all white women=bad. This is not new.

LMAO at trying to act like a slang joke is part of a nuanced discourse. Feminism is the original victimhood-as-a-weapon movement but that's not part of this.

by Anonymousreply 5May 27, 2020 3:16 PM

Certainly has been the week of “Karen.” Kind of sick of it. I first heard it last October, took a while to catch on.

by Anonymousreply 6May 27, 2020 3:22 PM

I think it can be seen as “misogynistic” because so many use it to describe every middle aged white woman they talk about. Once upon a time “frau/Karen” meant something specific. If she is a middle aged white woman who isn’t obsessed with babies, Pinterest, Jesus, MAGA and her constitutional rights.....she likely isn’t a Karen or a frau. Speaking up for something that is wrong or total bullshit doesn’t make a woman a “Karen” by default. Nor does simply being nosy. She has to be a bigot troll to qualify.

by Anonymousreply 7May 27, 2020 3:29 PM

R7 Whatever it was supposed to originally mean, it is now a slur being used to belittle white women.

by Anonymousreply 8May 27, 2020 3:35 PM

Silence fool- I know the law: what I say I saw I saw! (at the 2:35 mark)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 27, 2020 3:47 PM

R8 White women are horrible and entitled princesses.

by Anonymousreply 10May 27, 2020 3:53 PM

Just like gays are sex-crazed pigs, Mexicans are lazy freeloaders, black men are violent thieves, asians are lying grifters, Muslims are inbred terrorists, Jews are greedy scammers, and black women are nasty sluts.

by Anonymousreply 11May 27, 2020 3:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!