Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Waitey Katie denies article describing her as 'furious, exhausted and trapped'

The Duchess of Cambridge has denied reports she is “furious” and feels “exhausted and trapped” at the increase in her workload as the Royal Family adjusts to the coronavirus pandemic.

Kate and her husband Prince William have been seen on frequent Zoom calls in recent weeks as they speak to staff on the frontline battling the illness.

The mother of three, 38, is working more this year compared with last according to the engagements listed in the Court Circular.

In a recent piece, society magazine Tatler praised her for emerging from what has been a tricky year for the Royal Family “serene and smiling”.

But Tatler also quoted a friend of the duchess as saying: “Kate is furious about the larger workload. Of course she’s smiling and dressing appropriately but she doesn’t want this.

“She feels exhausted and trapped. She’s working as hard as a top CEO, who has to be wheeled out all the time, without the benefits of boundaries and plenty of holidays.”

It’s prompted an unusual denial from Kensington Palace, where the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have their offices and their home in London.

A statement from the palace said: “This story contains a swathe of inaccuracies and false misrepresentations which were not put to Kensington Palace prior to publication.”

It’s common for news outlets to seek a right of reply from a story subject before publication.

Since the coronavirus outbreak led to lockdown in the UK, Kate and William have been living in Anmer Hall, their Norfolk home, where they have been homeschooling their children.

They have shifted their usual royal work focus and are concentrating on the response to the pandemic, including the mental health of those frontline and key workers across the UK.

The couple will inevitably have faced a larger workload following the decision by Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to step back as senior royals.

The family is also missing a working royal in Prince Andrew, who stepped back indefinitely in November.

Prince Charles and his wife Camilla now carry out many of their engagements online, but are both in the age range considered high risk for COVID-19.

Charles, 71, tested positive for it in March, but only displayed mild symptoms. Camilla, 72, tested negative.

The Queen is in Windsor Castle with her husband Prince Philip. At 94 and 98, extra care has to be taken to ensure their good health.

Kate and William have stepped up to fill those gaps, and in the last few weeks have made calls to charities across the UK, become bingo callers for a care home game, and voiced a mental health minute that was played out on radio stations.

Kate also launched a photography project which she hopes will capture the mood and moment of the nation in the pandemic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70June 4, 2020 9:57 AM

Lazy bitch.

I always heard the rumors about her, but this basically confirms it.

by Anonymousreply 1May 27, 2020 11:51 AM

Meghan wins!

by Anonymousreply 2May 27, 2020 11:51 AM

I beg of you, Muriel: fix the "ignore thread" feature.

by Anonymousreply 3May 27, 2020 11:53 AM

Where did she deny it? On Zoom?

by Anonymousreply 4May 27, 2020 11:55 AM

Why don't you just go away R3, and never come back?

If this place is so burdensome for you.

by Anonymousreply 5May 27, 2020 11:56 AM

"The Lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Poor Kate, she would love to spend more time in Mustique, but now she has to work regular hours and all eyes are on her, now that her sister-in-law has decamped.

by Anonymousreply 6May 27, 2020 11:59 AM

She must be especially furious because Meghan and Harry can do whatever the hell they want to now, without any of the obligations.

Looks like Meghan really knew what the hell she was doing, and got out of there as fast as she could.

Harry must be stoked, too.

by Anonymousreply 7May 27, 2020 12:00 PM

What’s with the big hair and the hideous top?

by Anonymousreply 8May 27, 2020 12:02 PM

It's amusing to see how easy it is to ignore that The TATLER ran a mostly shrewdly flattering portrait of Kate, as one or two clickbait headlines are teased out of it. The cover photo is stunning, and the article talks about her devotion to duty, her discretion, her survival instincts, and actually comes out and says that she hasn't put a foot wrong.

You would have to be blind to miss that The TATLER would have been slammed for putting up an adoring profile of Kate, or that it doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know about the Middletons, and points out how close William is to Kate's family, or how much Kate has earned the favour and trust of the Queen . . . unlike, say, certain other married-ins of the current generation.

Kate was not remotely shredded to ribbons in the article. Nor, as the article makes clear, does Kate express her inner feelings to people who talk to the press.

Nor did Kate once say where she could be heard that "Meghan threw me and my kids under the bus".

That Kate loathes Meghan is very likely true - but for much better reasons: Meghan took a wrecking ball to William's family, caused havoc that resulted in taking away rather than adding to the monarchy that Charles and William (and Harry and Meghan, if they had brains enough to realise it) are bound to support..

The article, in fact, points a picture of a woman savvy enough to survive where others fell by the wayside, who knows her role inside out and plays it well, and whose support for her husband, his family, his job, and her family is unstinting . . . and highly successful.

The cover, as noted, is Kate at her most stunning, and the article both balanced and admiring.

But that doesn't sell quite as well as asserting that it "rips Kate to shreds", does it?

by Anonymousreply 9May 27, 2020 12:14 PM

You honestly don't think that Kate truly is pissed at all the extra work and burden that she has now?

Boy, are you gullible.

The article clearly states that she not only has extra duties put upon her by Megxit and Andrew's departure, but she also doesn't get the typical benefits of having weeks off from official duties that most working people have.

I have no doubt that she's exhausted and angry. The leaks don't only work in favor of Kate. They work against her, too.

by Anonymousreply 10May 27, 2020 12:19 PM

[quote]she also doesn't get the typical benefits of having weeks off from official duties that most working people have

How ever will she cope? What ever will she do?

by Anonymousreply 11May 27, 2020 12:23 PM

she also doesn't get the typical benefits of having weeks off from official duties that most working people have

That’s it. Katie is officially a Karen

by Anonymousreply 12May 27, 2020 12:25 PM

Dear Queen,

Please allow Kate to go to a discreet and wealthy seaside community for a couple of weeks. Working regular hours is so exhausting, even with the nannies and the chef and staff. We are all so concerned about her. It's not fair that the Yorkie girls get to always go on yacht trips and skiing trips every couple weeks.

by Anonymousreply 13May 27, 2020 12:32 PM

This is Kate’s “No one asks if I’m ok” moment.

by Anonymousreply 14May 27, 2020 12:33 PM

It's killing all the Meghanstans that Kate looks better on that cover than Meghan has looked in years, and that no matter what they say or think, Meghan flunked Princessdom and is on her way to Nowheresville, whilst Kate is on her way to becoming Queen, and that Kate has gained in popularity in the only place it counts: Britain and Windsor Castle - mostly thanks to Meghan's stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 15May 27, 2020 12:36 PM

Oh my God, nobody cares, you lunatics.

by Anonymousreply 16May 27, 2020 12:37 PM

R12 - Dear, TATLER said that, not Kate.

by Anonymousreply 17May 27, 2020 12:37 PM

R9 Your glowing fanfic is just that fiction. You don't have a clue what Kate has or hasn't said. Kate doesn't come across as Savvy. She comes across as lazy and tone deaf. Kate is getting ripped to shreds. Everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 18May 27, 2020 12:38 PM

For all their wealth and privilege, staff, and access to the finest things in existence, nevertheless, not for a second do I believe any BRF, front-line, working member doesn't work hard.

Those, glossy, perfect images we see, enjoy, ridicule, praise and comment on take plain, old fashioned mental and emotional labor. Seriously. If you think showing up at an event to cut a ribbon is just that, look a bit deeper.

It's work and effort to be "On". Ask any Walmart Greeter.

I marvel with respect, on the rare occasions when I go into a Walmart, the person standing there who, really, isn't just standing there. They have to make eye contact, speak to you, make sure their own private emotions and troubles don't interfere with that duty, and then do it again, and again, and again.

Of course, attending, say the BAFTAs in a custom made couture gown and tuxedo ain't exactly greeting customers at a Walmart and helpfully pushing a cart towards you, but, if you really boil it down, both acts are similar in that they require effort, work and concentration. It ain't easy to look easy.

I'm in awe of Queen Elizabeth II. Yes, I've noticed humankind hasn't figured out how to equally distribute wealth, status and privilege. And if we haven't by now, we ain't gonna.

But man, the notion that the Queen, Charles and Camilla and the Cambridges don't Work It, Girl, is nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 19May 27, 2020 12:38 PM

[quote] That Kate loathes Meghan is very likely true - but for much better reasons: Meghan took a wrecking ball to William's family, caused havoc that resulted in taking away rather than adding to the monarchy that Charles and William (and Harry and Meghan, if they had brains enough to realise it) are bound to support.

1. Ma’am the monarchy is an antiquated relic destined for death. Why the people whom the “royals” refer to as “commoners” and believe to beneath them are so invested in such a ridiculous fucked up system. I will never understand. How is it that you believe you can somehow identify with people who wholeheartedly not only reject you, but who also deem you to be inferior. The entire concept is asinine and it’s even more asinine that fools continue to cling to it.

2. Kate’s marriage to William doesn’t make her some sort of hero protector. She married a man who settled on her; after stringing her along for years. And he continues to cheat on her. She married for money and status. She’s not a hero. None of these overly privileged pompous twats are. They are people who inherited piles of money and who are elevated because of it, not because of anything that they have personally achieved.

by Anonymousreply 20May 27, 2020 12:52 PM

I agree that Walmart greeters are an apt comparison to the BRF. They do essentially the same job.

by Anonymousreply 21May 27, 2020 12:53 PM

[quote] For all their wealth and privilege, staff, and access to the finest things in existence, nevertheless, not for a second do I believe any BRF, front-line, working member doesn't work hard.

[quote] But man, the notion that the Queen, Charles and Camilla and the Cambridges don't Work It, Girl, is nonsense.

You clearly don’t have a clue what “work” is, much less “hard work.” Your comments are an insult to people who do real work and work hard.

I’m not sure what type of fantasy land you live in “Dellaz” but it’s a very bizarre place.

by Anonymousreply 22May 27, 2020 12:57 PM

I would happily be a Walmart Greeter but for millions of pounds!

by Anonymousreply 23May 27, 2020 1:01 PM

Our Walmart greeter is very selective and she sits in a chair. I don’t think she likes children.

by Anonymousreply 24May 27, 2020 1:09 PM

The editor in chief of Tatler has just made a statement that Kensington Palace knew for months about the article.

by Anonymousreply 25May 27, 2020 1:09 PM

What exactly does that mean, R25?

by Anonymousreply 26May 27, 2020 1:11 PM

Katie is going to be sooooo jealous when I win an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony - probs all in the same year! Suck it Katie!

by Anonymousreply 27May 27, 2020 1:27 PM

Ironically, it's clearly the Middletons who are "the family [Meghan] never had - in fact, they're the family William never had, either.

Too bad Meghan was too dumb to see that if she'd played nice, she and her son would be part of a much larger, more secure, and protective familial web extending beyond just her husband and her fair-weather celebrity pals. (Where ARE the Clooneys and Elton these days, anyway?).

Of course, it would have meant curtsying to Queen Catherine and King William one day, but, hey, nothing's perfect.

Tyler Perry's handouts and lawsuits and moaning about the paps whilst living in Pap Central (even Lindsay Lohan laughed in an interview when asked about the Sussexes' assertion that they moved to L.A. for a "more peaceful" life) and trying desperately to keep their names in front of the public when they wouldn't even have had to try as working royals . . .

There is a rumour going around (CDAN put it out there first) that the Sunshine Sachs boys are tired of Meghan because in the past their firm's reputation has revolved around keeping their clients' names out of the papers rather than keeping them in the papers, and knowing how to pull strings to do keep their names out of it. That's how they helped cover up Weinstein's behaviour for so long, ditto Michael Jackson's. Meghan is also alleged to ignore their advice, which the failure of most her PR to do anything but backfire rather supports.

by Anonymousreply 28May 27, 2020 1:31 PM

R26 it means that KP or Tatler are lying. Take your pick, both are odious.

by Anonymousreply 29May 27, 2020 1:31 PM

Why are the brits so fond of sneery nicknames for famous people?

by Anonymousreply 30May 27, 2020 1:32 PM

[quote] Katie is going to be sooooo jealous when I win an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony - probs all in the same year! Suck it Katie!

Meghan is going to be sooooo jealous when I give birth 3 more times and spend 3 more yrs pregnant. While my formerly hot husband continues cheating on me.

by Anonymousreply 31May 27, 2020 1:32 PM

^^^ stupid sneery nicknames, I should add.

by Anonymousreply 32May 27, 2020 1:33 PM

The Megstans are strong on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 33May 27, 2020 1:35 PM

I heard that Kate downs a fifth of scotch every night, then cries herself to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 34May 27, 2020 1:47 PM

That would be Harry drinking himself to sleep every night, dear.

by Anonymousreply 35May 27, 2020 1:49 PM

George: "Mummy, why are you crying again?"

Kate: "Oh, go away!!!!"

George: "But mummy, don't you love us?"

Kate: "I said go away!!!!!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 27, 2020 1:52 PM

Does Kate take it out on the servants, when William spends the night with her best friend Rose?

by Anonymousreply 37May 27, 2020 2:06 PM

R34 I heard that too!

by Anonymousreply 38May 27, 2020 2:07 PM

Yes r38, lots of people are saying it. Don’t know who but there’s lots of them. Very fine people too!

by Anonymousreply 39May 27, 2020 2:11 PM

I understand the furious and exhausted part, but "trapped?"

Trapped, how?

I'm sensing shades of Diana.

At least when Meghan was there, Kate had someone to pick on and bully around. Now that Meghan's gone, her life is empty.

Well, empty-er.

by Anonymousreply 40May 27, 2020 2:18 PM

Geez, all she has to do is get dolled-up and leave the brats with the nannies. Go cut a ribbon somewhere and get way too much attention for it.

by Anonymousreply 41May 27, 2020 2:19 PM

They’ve lost FIVE workers in a very short time. The Queen, Philip, Andrew,Meghan and Harry. It’s a small “Firm” too. I’d be pissed off as well. It’s not like they can just rent a Royal. The two York girls are going to have to step in, much to their delight.

by Anonymousreply 42May 27, 2020 2:28 PM

I’m not doing MORE!!

by Anonymousreply 43May 27, 2020 2:29 PM

Well, Waitey wanted to be Queen.

Here's your chance, bitch!

Show us what you've got.

by Anonymousreply 44May 27, 2020 2:31 PM

[quote] They’ve lost FIVE workers in a very short time. The Queen, Philip, Andrew,Meghan and Harry.

Plus, Charles and Camilla are drunk most of the time, so they're no help at all.

by Anonymousreply 45May 27, 2020 2:32 PM

Will there be a Katexit? That would mean Anne would be next in line?

by Anonymousreply 46May 27, 2020 2:36 PM

NO! I move up! I mean, what's his name does.

by Anonymousreply 47May 27, 2020 2:41 PM

[quote] she also doesn't get the typical benefits of having weeks off from official duties that most working people have

Most working people have weeks off from work? Really? Please tell me immediately what most working people do because i have to look into a new career.

by Anonymousreply 48May 27, 2020 2:46 PM

[quote] she also doesn't get the typical benefits of having weeks off from official duties that most working people have

Most working people have weeks off from work? Really? Please tell me immediately what most working people do because i have to look into a new career.

by Anonymousreply 49May 27, 2020 2:46 PM

*SLAP*SLAP*

Now you tart yourself up and get down there and smile and wave to the peasants. Or you'll be asking, "Do you want fries with that?". Capice?!

by Anonymousreply 50May 27, 2020 2:52 PM

R28 makes a great point. Had Harry chosen better, he and his wife and children could have been part of the lovely Middleton family circle. Kate and Harry were close for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 51May 27, 2020 3:11 PM

R28 If you read and believe anything in CDAN, which has evolved as a right wing shit pit, then perhaps you should refrain from posting here.

by Anonymousreply 52May 27, 2020 3:18 PM

Maybe yes, maybe no, r52, but in this case r28 .is spot on.

by Anonymousreply 53May 27, 2020 3:22 PM

[quote] Maybe yes, maybe no, [R52], but in this case [R28] .is spot on.

Anyone quoting CDAN isn’t close to being “spot on.” The Middleton family has its own share of problems just like any other family. Most people are not in love with their in laws and certainly not their husbands brothers in-laws (in other words strangers). The notion that William and Harry and Meghan being taken in by the Middletons (as 30 yr old and 40 yr old adults) could be transformative because they have not created (nor have the agency to create) their own supportive networks is ridiculous. And of course Meghan Markle has her own fucking mom who is very much alive.

by Anonymousreply 54May 27, 2020 4:03 PM

r54, would you like to try that again in coherent English that tells a rational story?

by Anonymousreply 55May 27, 2020 4:08 PM

It's quite well known that William is close to the Middletons and they spend a lot of time there.

by Anonymousreply 56May 27, 2020 4:12 PM

🧚 [italic] Be Careful What You Wish For !

by Anonymousreply 57May 27, 2020 4:20 PM

😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

by Anonymousreply 58May 27, 2020 4:21 PM

[quote] [R54], would you like to try that again in coherent English that tells a rational story?

Ma’am your reading comprehension is clearly the problem, not my “English” nor the rationality of my argument. Unfortunately, your comprehension is not something that I personally can fix.

[quote] It's quite well known that William is close to the Middletons and they spend a lot of time there.

When he’s not fucking other women. Unlike her vagina, it’s not like he can actually avoid Kate’s family.

by Anonymousreply 59May 27, 2020 4:22 PM

Kate is fine. That roachy adventuress phony is not.

Both are attractive. One is doing the job she married into. The other is drifting and lacks the support and sense to have done it all better. Selfish motives tend to produce bad results when one tries to cover them up.

And the latter also is a dishonest, manipulative liar.

by Anonymousreply 60May 27, 2020 5:09 PM

R51 Kate and William didn’t accept Harry’s bride from day one. Meanwhile, Harry was continually supportive and welcoming of Kate. They didn’t give Meghan a chance and William and Kate weren’t inviting Harry or Charles to Middleton family events. The Middletons got their claws into William and didn’t let go for dear life. In exchange he can fuck around behind Kate, while she pretends to turn the other cheek.

Just last week, a story leaked about Prince Charles wanting a family get together, but William said no. He’s not interested in his royal family, which is why William was quick to throw Harry under the bus. Meghan made mistakes, but she was new so it happens. Kate also made mistakes in the beginning. What’s odd is how Meghan’s haters aren’t happy that she and Harry have decamped for America. I feel like some of you wouldn’t be happy unless she had a Diana style ending.

Kate is sitting in front of Zoom meetings, if this is hard work then she really should reconsider taking this train all the way to the thrown. William is already lazy, the two of them would be a disaster if this ruffles their feathers. She’s the more personal one so she needs to suck it up and think about the normal people that have to work long hours without a house full of staff to handle mundane tasks. Put on clothes and smile. It ain’t that hard.

A positive note, she a good spouse and I like her style.

by Anonymousreply 61May 27, 2020 5:27 PM

R61 and who would attend this family event during quarantine? The ancient Queen and her even older husband. Charles has allegedly had Covid-19 so why would they want to run the risk of future potential infections right now? I would say NO as well.

by Anonymousreply 62May 27, 2020 7:50 PM

R20 honey it's Harry that's the known cheat as well as his grifter wife. William and Catherine took their time to no rush into things unlike Harry who ran right into a homely, malignant narc. I know you're pathologically jealous of Catherine, as most Megstans are but do try to not look so incurably stupid next time please.

by Anonymousreply 63May 28, 2020 9:09 AM

Oh dear, r59 is too dumb to realize that Meghan supporter Nicole Cliffe made up those rumors and admitted it herself on her social media. Helped along by Soho House buddy Gilles Coren. Meghan however, was all over London with her cunt out for a famous British man throughout her entire life in relationship with Corey. She was still with him when she met Harry. Try again.

by Anonymousreply 64May 28, 2020 9:17 AM

Kate Middleton looks like a horse. Not unlike Sarah Jessica Parker.

by Anonymousreply 65May 28, 2020 9:51 AM

I dread to think what you look like, r65.

I'll bet Kate looks like a fucking goddess when stood next to you.

by Anonymousreply 66May 28, 2020 10:51 AM

R65 is homely ugly Meghan with her weird embarrassing body.

by Anonymousreply 67May 31, 2020 5:43 AM

Just when I thought the Windsor/Sussex Saga was finally exhausted, TATLER comes to the rescue.

The thing that interests me about the TATLER piece is that like so many hit jobs that either are clearly directly from Meghan or have sub rosa links to Meghan - it mostly served to make Kate look like Meghan's victim, and to make Kate look better. The backlash has been fairly strong, and Meghan's whingeing (through a "friend") that of course all Kate had to do was snap her fingers to get help was completely predictable and in fact disprovable, because the Palace let the press hang Kate out to dry for years until this piece, except for the French thing with Closer Magazine.

Meghan's bitter message, relayed as usual through "a friend", also erodes further the idea that she and Harry would ever be welcomed back into the family.

The thing is, the piece READ like a Mean Girl Hit Job, and not as juicy gossip. The idea that the richly wed Pippa Middleton Matthews, with her multi-million pound and recently renovated London townhome and beautiful baby son "feels a little lost" has LAME written all over it. I'm surprised Pippa hasn't also sent a threatening letter to TATLER mentioning the word "slander".

Vanessa Mulroney has a long-standing relationship with TATLER, for whom she once worked, and is Jessica Mulroney's sister-in-law, and Jessica, of course, is Meghan's faithful lapdog. She's always willing to do Meghan's dirty work for her, so it isn't a stretch to imagine Meghan feeding Jessica stuff who then fed it to Vanessa, who then fed it to Pasternak. It was inevitable that the trail would start pointing toward Meghan's relationship with Jessica. Somehow, Meghan never comes out of these little contests looking anything but envious, spiteful, and petty.

And MEAN GIRL is, of course, Meghan's signature.

But that said, it seems to be already yesterday's news, especially with the events in Minneapolis and ongoing COVID crap going on, and II doubt the Cambridges will actually sue.

Meanwhile, the Cambridges have come out with a message of support for Black Lives Matter through their Heads Together initiative, Fergie has come out with a message of support, but, oddly . . . the mixed race duchess who always plays the race card when it's convenient to do so, has been remarkably slow to comment

Unless I missed it - Meghan hasn't said a word. HELLO, in desperation, has a little speech up Meghan made in 2012, years before meeting and snagging Harry.

by Anonymousreply 68June 3, 2020 11:21 PM

No more Prime Time leads to this above.

by Anonymousreply 69June 3, 2020 11:40 PM

Well, Meghan did come out with something finally, explaining, again totally lamely, that she'd waited so long to say something because she "didn't know what to say" and was "afraid it would be picked apart".

Actually, what is more likely is that she waited for the best possible opportunity and to make sure the opportunity gave her a chance to refer to herself in nearly every bloody sentence, which she did.

In the video, she looks as if she sandpapered her face - she is clearly using filters in the videos she's done.

by Anonymousreply 70June 4, 2020 9:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!