Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump accuses Twitter of 'stifling' free speech after fact check

“Twitter is now interfering in the 2020 Presidential Election," President Trump accused the social media giant after it fact-checked him on mail-in ballot claims. “Twitter is completely stifling FREE SPEECH, and I, as President, will not allow it to happen!”

(TheHIll)

by Anonymousreply 30May 29, 2020 12:59 PM

This orange buttfuck thinks he is Kim Jong Un.

by Anonymousreply 1May 27, 2020 3:29 AM

First amendment claims did not apply to private businesses

by Anonymousreply 2May 27, 2020 3:36 AM

The first thing I thought when I saw this mentioned on MSNBC tonight was, just watch, Trump and the Rethugs will keep screaming about how "unfair" it is and how Twitter is trying to tilt the election to the Democrats and then Twitter will start adding fact checks to tweets by Joe Biden just so they won't appear to be "taking sides."

by Anonymousreply 3May 27, 2020 3:37 AM

Poor Donald. Couldn't you just die?!? No - please, couldn't you just die?

by Anonymousreply 4May 27, 2020 3:37 AM

He's a walking, talking DSM-5 classification for narcissistic personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 5May 27, 2020 3:42 AM

He is still able to create tweet with B$$$SHIT. The only difference is that there is a warning about a possible lie. No freedom of speech issue there....too bad Donny.

It is a private company too. What is more discouraging is not the fact that this type of BS is occurring on Twitter but it is being done by the leader of the free world. Would you hire him for your company?

by Anonymousreply 6May 27, 2020 4:01 AM

He won't "allow" it? What will he do? Take his 80m followers to their competitor Zwitter and post his racist bullshit there? You could also start your own TV channel and social media platform since you're such a genius and have the best ratings, Donnie.

by Anonymousreply 7May 27, 2020 4:54 AM

I thought Twitter closed down accounts of people who used their accounts to bully others online. Why is his account till open when he regularly resorts to name calling (e.g. "crooked hillary", "sleepy joe", "crazy nancy") and unsubstantiated accusations.

If his account closed down, he'd pitch a bigger bitchfit than Milo did.

by Anonymousreply 8May 27, 2020 5:00 AM

I've long wondered the same r8. It must be money related. That's the only reason why any business does anything.

by Anonymousreply 9May 27, 2020 7:28 AM

Whaaah! Whaaaah!

by Anonymousreply 10May 27, 2020 7:33 AM

If they shut him down they lose a big chunk of users.

by Anonymousreply 11May 27, 2020 7:34 AM

Looks like Twitter grabbed him by the pussy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 27, 2020 8:05 AM

R9 & R11

Read in an interview or something yes, Twitter normally does shut down accounts of bullies and others who violate TOS; but that is not a blanket rule. Those that are good for business (like DT) often get a pass, at least a long bit of rope apparently.

Was wondering recently about how DT is able to get away with interfering with markets by making all sorts of Tweets about various covid-19 drugs/treatments and other things.

by Anonymousreply 13May 27, 2020 8:21 AM

[quote]This orange buttfuck thinks he is Kim Jong Un.

Buttfucking is good. Please stop maligning buttfucking. You're hurting its feelings.

by Anonymousreply 14May 27, 2020 8:21 AM

They let KT Hopkins back on after she threatened a non-white woman (I have forgotten who, sorry) and after a history of harassing people for years, so there is no way they're going to ban Trump. Maybe after he's no longer president, but by then no one will be on Twitter anymore anyway.

by Anonymousreply 15May 27, 2020 8:23 AM

Stifling Trump's speech is like stifling a fart. Nobody wants to smell that shit.

by Anonymousreply 16May 27, 2020 8:24 AM

Words cannot express how much I hate this man. He is absolutely vile, one of the worst people to have ever existed. He's not even my president but I feel so much rage that something like that (and his whole enabling administration) are in power. It's what you expect of third world dictatorships, not the supposedly most advanced/powerful nation on the planet. Jesus fucking Christ I honestly don't know how people will be able to cope if he is re-elected. It will be the death of hope.

by Anonymousreply 17May 27, 2020 9:38 AM

Indeed, R17.

by Anonymousreply 18May 27, 2020 11:16 AM

No, R4. He dies and we get Pence, which would be far, far worse.

by Anonymousreply 19May 27, 2020 12:38 PM

I don’t quite follow his tactic. If his EO is aimed at stripping away SM protection for content of tweets, won’t they have to police content even more?

by Anonymousreply 20May 28, 2020 11:15 PM

After 3.5 years of 1,000s of lies, it doesn't matter anymore.

by Anonymousreply 21May 28, 2020 11:40 PM

Trump better watch his step because without Twitter he's DUST!

by Anonymousreply 22May 28, 2020 11:57 PM

[quote]He dies and we get Pence, which would be far, far worse.

I'm so tired of this moronic comment. Nothing could be worse than the orange shitstain, Boris,

by Anonymousreply 23May 29, 2020 12:05 AM

[quote] I honestly don't know how people will be able to cope if he is re-elected. It will be the death of hope.

Hope for me died in November 2016. I was expecting the worst, but I never imagined how bad things would get.

by Anonymousreply 24May 29, 2020 12:08 AM

Eat my ass and do some research, R23

by Anonymousreply 25May 29, 2020 12:08 AM

What r23 said.

I'll grant you r19, The Stepford Vice is smarter than Trump, he's stealthier than Trump, and, unlike Trump, he's a true believer in the stupid righteousness of his right-wing Evangelical nonsense.

But, he also knows Trump Rabidians are just that. They ain't his. Sure, if Trump would do the right thing and suddenly topple over dead, the Repug Establishment will close ranks around him, but that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 26May 29, 2020 12:12 AM

We are going to end up a dictatorship!

by Anonymousreply 27May 29, 2020 12:17 AM

Keep my name out of your mouth, Della/R26.

Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 28May 29, 2020 12:27 PM

Your "name" is r19? How Elon Musk of you.

And put a "Miss" in front of bitch, because I'm the best.

by Anonymousreply 29May 29, 2020 12:52 PM

Pence would carry on doing the dulol and boring evil stuff he is supervising now, packing the judicial benches with despicable cronies and so on, while Trump does the screaming loony evil stuff.

by Anonymousreply 30May 29, 2020 12:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!