Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dear Datalounge,....Signed...Dazed And Confused

Dear Datalounge, long time therapy patient. Haven't been to a session in two months because of the pandemic. Been a functioning Agoraphobic since I was a teen. My therapist of course knows this. I haven't heard a thing not even a suggestion of phone sessions, not a call, e-mail, drive by wave on how I'm doing since my last session. Am I out of order and being silly? Or because there is no payment, out of sight, out of mind. Not really that needy but a call seems appropriate, for all she knows I could be dead.

by Anonymousreply 12May 27, 2020 1:31 PM

Call your therapist and ask what arrangements you can make for ongoing therapy.

It doesn't seem altogether ethical or professional for your shrink to abandon you. I had a counselor when this started, and she made all manner of pre-arrangements even before it was clear we were going on lockdown. I chose to terminate 2 sessions early, though she said I could return when this is over.

by Anonymousreply 1May 27, 2020 1:53 AM

Another American cultural thing again? Hi, I'm Todd, an agoraphobe + paranoid schizo. So many excuses for one shitty fatty life.

by Anonymousreply 2May 27, 2020 1:54 AM

Yeah. It’s weird. Not because I think she should care, but because it sounds like she doesn’t like to keep her clientele in the loop to make money. When I was seeing a therapist I couldn’t get rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 3May 27, 2020 1:55 AM

OP, for all you know, maybe [italic]she's[/italic] dead.

by Anonymousreply 4May 27, 2020 1:57 AM

Go on her website and see what kind of messages she has posted related to treatment during the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 5May 27, 2020 2:48 AM

OP, I’m going to take a different tack here, and point out that you haven’t had a session for two months, and what you’re telling us is that you’re questioning your therapist’s motives, but you aren’t mentioning your own mental well-being. It’s a common fallacy that once in therapy, always in therapy. This seems to present an opportunity to reevaluate your own needs and feelings, and decide whether you actually need to continue, or if you’re using the sessions as a social outlet or emotional crutch. Might be time to transition away. It might not be comfortable, but ending something can be just as important as beginning and continuing it.

by Anonymousreply 6May 27, 2020 3:17 AM

Thanks R6, but being at home 24/7 is an agoraphobic wet dream. When it's over I'm going to need the push out.

by Anonymousreply 7May 27, 2020 3:50 AM

I have to concur with R4.

Smh.

by Anonymousreply 8May 27, 2020 4:16 AM

Cinesnatch, did you used to post at the IMDb message boards under the name 'Cinemachinery'? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 9May 27, 2020 6:41 AM

Hi, PD. No, I was "vatz" and "vatzjr" on IMDb (years and years ago) before I started my now defunct blog and changed it to "Cinesnatch". I think I have some reviews still posted on IMDb (they're terrible). I'm transitioning out of Cinsnatch, though. This is the last place I actively use it. I'd change it here as well, but I'm not sure I can or how.

by Anonymousreply 10May 27, 2020 6:46 AM

It's possible I crossed paths with you under your username 'vatzjr.' I don't really remember. That was all so long ago and far away.

by Anonymousreply 11May 27, 2020 7:06 AM

Hey this thread was about ME! Now even Datalounge has abandoned me!

by Anonymousreply 12May 27, 2020 1:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!