Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Where did you buy your mask?

I’m seeing lots of ads on Facebook.

Where did you get your mask

by Anonymousreply 44July 16, 2020 2:13 AM

I got a box of disposable ones from the flea market. My dry cleaner reopened recently & they are selling washable ones for $3. Do you want their address?

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2020 10:05 PM

Amazon. Where I get everything else now. Bluejeans arrived today!

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2020 10:06 PM

Clothmyths.com. The Hawaiian print, the Versace knockoff, and a formal black number

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2020 10:07 PM

Same place I buy my caftans.

by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2020 10:08 PM

Drugstore on the ground floor of my building.

by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2020 10:08 PM

A hardware store selling real 3M. No cloth “masks” for me. They are just window dressing.

by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2020 10:10 PM

R6 - still better than nothing if you go grocery shopping on Staten Island.

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2020 10:12 PM

Like R2 I bought from Amazon. Also bought two pairs of pants because I've gained weight. (Yes, I'm typing fat.)

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2020 10:12 PM

I had to wait for these Vida masks for a while but very nicely made (filter pocket, included filter and nose wire) and very nice material for hot weather. The linen ones i bought on Etsy are much bulkier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2020 10:12 PM

Sketchy dollar store in the ghetto and then reusable ones from a sketchy guy on NextDoor.

by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2020 10:13 PM

mask?

by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2020 10:17 PM

Produce isle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2020 10:18 PM

I drove by a MOBIL station today and they had a big sign that said -Hand Sanitizer and Masks for sale.

by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2020 10:22 PM

R8- Me too. My eating is OUT OF CONTROL.

by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2020 10:23 PM

Etsy. I bought all of mine off of Etsy. Lots of nice patterns, washable and they're being made by ordinary folks who are trying to make some extra money during tough times. Since I can't sew worth a damn I figure it's a win/win.

by Anonymousreply 15May 26, 2020 10:27 PM

Internet order, direct from Wuhan, China.

by Anonymousreply 16May 26, 2020 10:29 PM

R16 - second class...mine are from Milan.

by Anonymousreply 17May 26, 2020 10:41 PM

Got a super light silicone mask from GIR and 2nd for running outside from Zensah

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 26, 2020 10:42 PM

A friend of mine—a crafter who sells things on Etsy—made the ones I use, but a lot of clothing companies are selling them online.

by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2020 10:46 PM

Anyone who doesn’t make her own mask, or make her own mayonnaise, is a failure.

by Anonymousreply 20May 26, 2020 10:50 PM

R20 sews his own clothes, churns his own butter, brews his own beer, and lays his own eggs.

by Anonymousreply 21May 26, 2020 11:01 PM

Disposal ones from local pharmacy.

Got a ski mask type design from online. Comfortable, unique, washable.

Garden center sells black disposal ones.

by Anonymousreply 22May 26, 2020 11:09 PM

I don’t have anything interesting to add about where I got my several masks. Amazon. But boy they can get hot! This was the first really hot day here in Southern New England. In the eighties. Was out for two hours max and I was dying to take the damn thing off. Now looking for alternatives to what I have. Which is fabric with disposable filters. Any suggestions?

by Anonymousreply 23May 26, 2020 11:36 PM

I got them at Duane Reade in NYC, they're disposable 3ply surgical mask. made in CA.

I've bought some at CVS as well, they sell them 1.99 per mask, they are individually sealed.

Many people are wearing 2 masks. cloth mask over disposable. I saw a doctor with MD car plates, and he was also wearing white coat, step out of his car and he was wearing 2 surgical masks.

I'm wearing 2 masks as well.

I wouldn't buy anything on Amazon, lots of fake products and defective products.

My buddy lives downtown and he walked by chinatown, all the stores were selling face masks. you have to be careful though...he was being cheap and bought 50 masks (disposable) for 30 bucks and when he got home, the ear pieces fell of the second he put them on.

by Anonymousreply 24May 26, 2020 11:36 PM

Box of 50 disposable on Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 25May 26, 2020 11:42 PM

R24 - excuse my ignorance but why would you wear 2 masks?

On that note, I did see pics of people with no masks who used an unused sanitary pad to cover their nose and mouth if they forgot theirs at home. I wish Trump did that...with a used one.

by Anonymousreply 26May 26, 2020 11:45 PM

A local Chinese Restaurant bought thousands of the KN-95 from China and gave then away for free. I suppose to build goodwill, I appreciate it but I am still not eating at their Chinese Buffet or any buffet for the foreseeable future, if ever.

by Anonymousreply 27May 27, 2020 12:00 AM

I bought a lovely well-made linen mask (made in Belgium) on Etsy.

by Anonymousreply 28May 27, 2020 12:00 AM

R26: extra layer of protection? I am just surprised they can breathe.

by Anonymousreply 29May 27, 2020 12:04 AM

R29 - I can't breathe and the second I get to a place with nobody around (provided it is outdoors) or I can distance I pull the thing down. I am very careful to have it on inside and around people...however out here in Europe everyone has it under their chin and those under 30 have forgotten it exists.

by Anonymousreply 30May 27, 2020 12:07 AM

R14 I’m eating a 16oz container of Butterfinger ice cream as I type!

by Anonymousreply 31May 27, 2020 12:22 AM

Thankfully I didn't need to purchase any, as I had a box of ten from an old stucco project left, which I had found in a closet. My beau had a few left from several years ago as well. We've been reusing them too... They were both N-95 and American made.

by Anonymousreply 32May 27, 2020 12:22 AM

A bandana and coffee filters

by Anonymousreply 33May 27, 2020 12:28 AM

I bought a couple of masks on Etsy, but they proved to be too small, with the elastic pulling on my ears so tightly they quickly turned purple, then the mask would simply slip off one ear or the other.

The link at R3 seems to be mostly for women; at least most of their models are. And the masks I looked at were only available in 'M' - medium. Sounds like another that wouldn't fit.

I have a friend in California who sent me a couple of actual N95 masks, but they're tight as well - I leave the bottom strap off in order to avoid suffocating, and to keep it from cutting into my neck. Plus, the air I draw through them burns my throat.

I'd much prefer a soft cloth mask made of stretchy material, but everyone I've seen wearing one has told me they made their own, or a friend/family member made one for them. Any suggestions (preferably in the spirit of kindness)?

by Anonymousreply 34May 27, 2020 12:38 AM

some sites to buy...gq article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 27, 2020 12:43 AM

a friend that is a painting contractor gave me one he had..........its an N 95 so feel lucky. Its getting a little worse for wear already tho.

by Anonymousreply 36May 27, 2020 3:04 AM

Get a gas mask that’s designed for long hours of use. Much more comfortable and in my opinion much more effective because it has a tighter seal.

by Anonymousreply 37May 27, 2020 1:49 PM

I have three cloth masks. Two of them are the pleated-design, given to me by a neighbor back in March (her daughter made them). The third is a bra-cup design (for lack of a better description) purchased from an Etsy store in early April. Of my cloth masks, the bra-cup design is the one I prefer to wear. Fits over my big schnozz better (less gapping on either side), with greater overall coverage, than the pleated style...and less fogging of my glasses! (Unfortunately, none of my cloth masks have a wire to form them over the nose).

I bought two boxes (50 ct.) of disposable, non-surgical masks from Cabeau.com. I find them much more comfortable than my cloth masks (lighter, cooler, easier to breath, bendy-strip over nose), but I'm very mindful about not "wasting" them. For quick errands -- when I'm only going to be in a store for a few minutes (which is most of my errands), the cloth masks are fine. But if I had to go into an indoor public space for more than 20-30 minutes.....a disposable mask would be far more comfortable. I keep a stash of disposable masks in the glove compartment of my car, just in case I wander out of the house one day without a cloth mask (hasn't happened yet), or perhaps, someone else needs mask (that has happened).

Lastly, in the early days of the pandemic, I ordered one of those vented, neoprene masks with filters (which is secured around back of your neck). I don't recall how much I paid for it, maybe $29.99? Total fucking WASTE of money! For one thing, it smelled Monsanto-level TOXIC when it arrived. I couldn't wear it! After a few days of "gassing out" in the sunlight, the nasty chemical smell went away. But the thing was just so fucking HOT....I couldn't stand it for more than a few minutes. And I live in non-humid Los Angeles. I can't even imagine what that thing would have felt like in the humidity of midwest/east coast/south. Also, the neoprene make my skin itch, horribly. Which negates one of the main functions of wearing a mask --- don't touch your face!

by Anonymousreply 38July 16, 2020 1:29 AM

Hanes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 16, 2020 1:31 AM

My mom makes mine. I buy the Lilly Pulitzer fabric with contrasting thread, hand it over to mama and viola! Everyone wants to know where I get them. I had several Nova check Burberry ones initially, but those got boring. Now it’s pink flamingos with lime thread or blue giraffes with pink thread. Don’t tell the Lilly peeps.

by Anonymousreply 40July 16, 2020 1:43 AM

Bronze aged gay gave me my very first. Now I have a selection from the hipster cafe on the block

by Anonymousreply 41July 16, 2020 1:52 AM

My dentist's office gave me 20.

by Anonymousreply 42July 16, 2020 1:56 AM

R16:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 16, 2020 2:06 AM

I got a box from Costco back in February...yes even then I knew...and then in April I ordered some disposable ones off Amazon They came from China, and didn't get them until mid June. I also have three bandanas and I have a pack of three reusable black masks from Amazon. I wear a mask around other people. Period. Not in my car. Not when I'm out walking at 7 AM, but when I go to the store. I confess I use the disposable masks more than once. But if I've only worn them briefly, like to take out the trash and pick up the mail, then so what.

by Anonymousreply 44July 16, 2020 2:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!