Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone in Ohio....

Do you know if police have to wear masks? I just had a conversation with a police officer who said "Governor Dewine tried to make us wear a mask, and he got in trouble! I'm not a state employee, I don't have to wear a mask. It's against my civil rights!" Yeah, not the brightest.

But is this true? And fuck Governor Dewine for going on a national show, saying 90 percent of Ohioans are wearing masks when even police officers aren't.

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2020 11:39 PM

90% are not. Every time I go out - I count people not wearing masks. Typically on a weekday I see about 50-70 people not wearing masks in a shopping trip.

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2020 9:52 PM

My sense of hopeful schadenfreude kicks in when I see people defying suggestions or requirements to mask up. No sense of community whatsoever!

Should they catch it, I'll be like "Oh well. .. darn."

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2020 9:53 PM

Where I live, 90% wear masks in the stores . White men are most likely not to. Of course, my town voted 98% for Hillary, so not many deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2020 9:56 PM

Looks like masks to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2020 9:59 PM

r4 That's Cleveland. I am in a rural, red county. I just need to know if not wearing masks is against the Governor's order.

by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2020 10:02 PM

Dewhine has changed his tube so many times, it's hard to tell.

First it was mandatory. Then optional. Then nobody was doing it so various businesses decided to act on their own. So who knows what the policy is right now?

I order on line and pick up at the store.

Stupid people are everywhere, breathing.

by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2020 10:15 PM

R6, you are so right. I can't make heads or tails of what he's saying anymore. I have been doing click list at Kroger, but made the mistake of stopping at Family Dollar to pick up a few things. 3 emolyees in the store, not one was wearing a mask.

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2020 10:38 PM

If you're in rural Ohio, the list of reasons to continue living is smaller than a Post-It.

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2020 10:41 PM

I know r8, I know.

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2020 10:50 PM

R9 Sorry hon.

And I have been there, so I know from experience.

by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2020 10:53 PM

I'm in Los Angeles. You cannot even get inside a store without a mask. I see most people wearing them just walking down the streets. I'd say about 90% of the folks out in public have them. Probably why our numbers aren't too crazy.

I know in a lot of states, masks aren't mandatory. I'm glad I live in a city where people seem to care.

by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2020 11:18 PM

R5, you're in solid trump country, where not wearing a mask is like wearing a MAGA hat. They don;t wear them to show support for their god. It's everywhere that Trump voters are. As I've said many times before, the northern part of the state is the key to Ohio. The difference in the halves of the state can be illustrated by the senators: north - Sherrod Brown; south- Rob Portman.

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2020 11:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!