Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My Nemesis is Leaving

Today at work, this grade-A asshole made an extremely unexpected— and seemingly abrupt— announcement that he’s leaving for another position.

He’s only been with the company three years. The new positions is a lateral move at best, possibly even a slight demotion.

He’s a nightmare to work with. But, I’ve kept my mouth shut about his assholery because he seemed to be adored by most.

What do you make of it? Weird that it’s happening during lockdown, don’t you think?

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2020 8:39 PM

Jesus christ, get a friend.

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2020 7:36 PM

Or a hag!

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2020 7:36 PM

A corporate lateral move usually means they accepted the position instead of being fired.....he's on the bubble and won't be around long. You can start the celebration.

by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2020 7:41 PM

Did he switch departments? Maybe he wanted to do something different or go on a new path. I've done that.

Just be glad he's gone. He probably sucked up to someone else to transfer.

You'll be surprised at how much lighter your work will feel without that bad energy around. It truly is amazing.

by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2020 7:47 PM

If he was being an all out asshole, then your plan of keeping your mouth shut might have paid off. Assholes often lose steam when they don't get the reaction they were expecting.

Either way, congrats!

by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2020 7:59 PM

[quote]He probably sucked up to someone else to transfer.

Or he has been transferred to another supervisor to manage his probationary period? Or a last chance with a different group of people?

Unless you get your boss drunk, you'll probably never know with any certainty.

by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2020 8:06 PM

Guess your nemesis isn’t Effie White.

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2020 8:14 PM

OP, I know it's hard to keep your trap shut right now. Do yourself a favour, try and keep it shut permanently. You'll discover that you've done your reputation a world of good. More than likely, after he's gone, others will start talking about him. Don't participate. Remember to count your blessings here. Your nemesis is poof! out the door.

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2020 8:35 PM

So, when't your last day of work OP? And what is your "lateral" move?

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2020 8:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!