Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘The Tonight Show: At Home Edition’... How does NBC even air this?

Messy hair, giant tree house home, brats running around, interviewing the wife. Nope!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 28, 2020 7:19 AM

Using the kids as props ....

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2020 5:33 AM

I don’t know about anyone else, but the novelty Zoom/home webcam entertainment has quickly worn off. I never noticed the importance before of “movie magic.” Just staring at faces in boxes on a screen is so visually unengaging that I don’t think I’ve been about to watch more than a few minutes of any of this.

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2020 5:35 AM

[quote]Messy hair, giant tree house home, brats running around, interviewing the wife. Nope!

I don't want that life, much less want to WATCH that life.

by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2020 5:42 AM

Those kids and his wife barely saw him before. The fraus are eating up this family man bit.

by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2020 5:52 AM

I bet his wife makes those signs and not his daughter as it looks like an adult trying to write kid style

by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2020 5:53 AM

Don’t forget Delirium tremens alcoholic host!

by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2020 6:01 AM

I'd like to see them try a quiet interview show like Dick Cavett. Without a band and noisy audience and desperate, shallow pandering. Just a couple people talking.

An audience does nothing for me.

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2020 6:43 AM

I'm confused, OP.

If you don't like, why are you promoting it?

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2020 6:47 AM

It's not exactly a ringing endorsement, is it? It certainly makes me want to steer clear.

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2020 7:41 AM

This is what reruns are for.

by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2020 10:39 AM

Ellen is worse. Not funny at all. Stale jokes. I now realize that the audience laughing is what makes her jokes funny 😆

by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2020 10:42 AM

They are trying to”cancel” Jimmy Fallon on Twitter for when he did black face #jimmyfallonisoverparty Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2020 2:13 PM

I actually like Fallon’s show more from home, than in the studio. Seth Meyers’ show is even better! Ellen’s show just doesn’t translate well. Colbert’s show is just ok, but was the best with a studio audience present.

by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2020 2:26 PM

Colbert comes off smug at home

by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2020 3:00 PM

I only saw a few clips with his kids interrupting and jumping around and I had no desire to watch this show. He probably thinks this is charming, but it's more like a total nightmare. People have been quarantined with their kids for weeks and surely don't need more of this terror on their TVs. Someone mentioned that this was a perfect time for reruns, but I guess you don't get paid millions for just reruns so he terrorize us with his home life.

by Anonymousreply 15May 26, 2020 5:40 PM

These "from home" shows are awful. They all look like random amateurs broadcasting unfunny shit on a YouTube channel.

by Anonymousreply 16May 26, 2020 6:16 PM

R14 Colbert comes across as smug regardless of where he is filmed.

by Anonymousreply 17May 26, 2020 6:19 PM

I haven't watched any of Fallon's home broadcasts. Afraid to watch. Do his children fake laugh too?

by Anonymousreply 18May 26, 2020 6:20 PM

I like Jimmy better now for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2020 6:22 PM

I still cannot watch his show. I find his schtick so contrived.

by Anonymousreply 20May 26, 2020 6:24 PM

Being at home has brought out a very appealing quality in Fallon, something I never thought I'd say. Conan is doing the best, but since he is the best, that's not a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 21May 26, 2020 6:53 PM

R7 That’s why I miss talk show hosts that didn’t have audiences and was just one on one. I don’t need all the nonsense (audience clapping, cheering, laughing, games, monologues, etc). Just get to the fucking interview.

by Anonymousreply 22May 26, 2020 6:57 PM

Never liked his stupid muggy face on SNL and he gave Trump's run legitimacy, so fuck him forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 26, 2020 7:58 PM

At least Colbert no longer has that idiot pianist playing blues riffs after every punchline.

by Anonymousreply 24May 26, 2020 8:18 PM

Colbert's sidekick John is so awkward when he tries to joke or interact, it is hard to watch. I think he is a talented musician, he is better off behind the scene.

Did Jimmy get rid of his announcer/sidekick? I only usually watch him for a few minutes while I am waiting for Seth Meyers to come on.

by Anonymousreply 25May 28, 2020 4:45 AM

I know it is cool to hate him, but I really miss Jay Leno. I even miss David Letterman, who could at times act like a jerk. Neither of them ever came across as smug and smarmy as the current crop.

by Anonymousreply 26May 28, 2020 4:51 AM

I saw Jay Leno in concert in 1986 and he was hilarious. I think he went mainstream when he got the Tonight Show gig and was less funny because I used to enjoy him when he would guest on Letterman's show pre-Tonight Show.

by Anonymousreply 27May 28, 2020 4:54 AM

Fallon at Home is much more watchable for me. He’s less obnoxious at home, more grounded. And now I want a house with a slide.

by Anonymousreply 28May 28, 2020 6:10 AM

I'm. not interested. in watching any of this shit.

by Anonymousreply 29May 28, 2020 6:16 AM

I don't want to watch any of these people from home and probably won't want to watch them anymore when they return to the studio.

by Anonymousreply 30May 28, 2020 6:28 AM

Is it exclusively sponsored by alcohol bloat?

by Anonymousreply 31May 28, 2020 7:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!