Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Would Biden be criticised if he didn’t pick a Woman POC as his VP running mate?

Well? Would he? Seems damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

by Anonymousreply 29May 26, 2020 8:54 PM

No he wouldn't. The guy that got him elected told the people that the VP doesn't have to be a POC. Biden HAS the black vote already. It's got to be someone that would enhance the ticket. The black voter knows Trump has to go at this point. Black people now KNOW, what they had to lose.

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2020 3:56 AM

Biden should never have boxed himself in by announcing he was going to pick a woman. And now there is show much pressure on him to pick a black woman.

This election is is the most important of our lives. We must defeat Trump. Biiden should pick the most qualified person for vice president particularly anyone who can help him win some of the vital swing states and someone who can run for president in 2024 in case Biden cannot.

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2020 3:58 AM

If he wants to be part of the change for Good, of course he should pick a woman.

by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2020 4:04 AM

Biden has painted himself into a corner and picking a woman of any color to be his VP candidate many be his undoing.

by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2020 4:06 AM

You know you want it.

I mean, me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2020 4:08 AM

With so many great women to choose from, what is the issue exactly? We are more than ready to elect a female VP (and I can't believe that it has taken this long). Biden/Harris 2020.

by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2020 4:08 AM

I hope this isn't a mistake, picking the first female for the VP slot ever. Is this a good time for experimentation?

Maybe a young, handsome male would have been safer. If you want the female vote, just get them wet.

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2020 4:10 AM

Op is a concern troll with no post history. Why entertain it?

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2020 4:16 AM

It’s a good opportunity to stretch. Meaning a woman VP, or person of color, or gay guy; and a platform of far left policy. We are going to win, and we should win based on good, sound, Democratic policy.

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2020 4:16 AM

Yes, he would be criticized for not picking a woman. In fact, he'll be criticized if he doesn't pick a woman of color. There are plenty qualified women of color for the position. The time is right.

by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2020 4:19 AM

Well, Biden has boxed himself in, but he does have several qualified women from which to choose.

Biden/Demings 2020. I like this woman. Val Demings, very much, and she's from Florida, which could be quite helpful. She's a member of Congress and a former chief of police. It would be great of the Dems could win Florida.

I also like Biden/Kamala Harris, but she's from California, which will go for Biden anyway. Harris could be in the Biden's cabinet as attorney general.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2020 4:19 AM

I saw (I think it was on Fox News though) they ran a clip from The View where Sunny Hostin asks Stacey Abrahms if it would be troubling if he doesn't pick a woman of color. She says yes obviously.

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2020 4:48 AM

Kamala has a youthfulness about her that would look good standing next to Joe.

by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2020 4:49 AM

Totally agree R13. I really like Val Demmings, but Florida is a lost cause - rampant GOP cheating there. Even when we "win" Florida (against all odds of corruption, voter suppression, voter roll "cleansing"/purging and very questionable vote tallying) - they come up with some way to invalidate it. Remember the hanging chads in 2000?

by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2020 5:03 AM

[quote]R7 Is this a good time for experimentation?

You’re right. We’d better wait till the 22nd Century.

by Anonymousreply 15May 26, 2020 6:13 AM

[quote]I hope this isn't a mistake, picking the first female for the VP slot ever. Is this a good time for experimentation?

Excuse me?

by Anonymousreply 16May 26, 2020 1:19 PM

What about me?

by Anonymousreply 17May 26, 2020 1:56 PM

What about me?

by Anonymousreply 18May 26, 2020 1:56 PM

Miss Palin, how many illegitimate grandchildren are you up to now? We've lost count.

by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2020 3:45 PM

Since the fool came-out and publicly stated that he WOULD pick a woman as a running mate, rather than waiting to see who might be the best, most logical choice, of course he'd be criticized. and rightly so. Stupidest move of his whole campaign career.

by Anonymousreply 20May 26, 2020 4:19 PM

If Biden wanted to push for the diversity angle, then he could have said that his cabinet was going to be very diverse and everyone would have a seat at the table. Then floated around some good options in the media. But he said he would choose person of color or a woman as his VP, so he boxed himself in from the get go. Not that its really boxing himself in, because there are over a dozen good female options. But he shouldn't have cut his options down for VP like that.

The Dems need to real on this. Klobuchar isn't going to work. Especially not now after the two racially motivated incidents this past weekend. She's not popular among a lot of democrats to begin with, and the racial baggage is going to hurt Biden. It's baffling as to why the Biden campaign even thought putting her name out there in the media to begin with was a good idea. It doesn't show that they're in touch with their voting base.

by Anonymousreply 21May 26, 2020 4:23 PM

Biden is going to be criticized regardless of who he picks, Democrats can be the most self center people on the Earth but they are still better than Republicans. They criticize because they care, Republican just fall in line.

by Anonymousreply 22May 26, 2020 4:35 PM

Why do so many people fail to realize that his choice DOESN'T MATTER among Democrats...what matters is his campaign's ability to attract moderate Republicans, whose votes he needs to be elected. Jeez.

by Anonymousreply 23May 26, 2020 4:40 PM

Biden has the black vote already. He appeals to working class white people. He appeals to older educated people. JOE needs the youth vote. His vp must appeal to Hispanics and millennials

by Anonymousreply 24May 26, 2020 4:43 PM

r23, he is the moderate candidate. He has that.

He needs to have someone that doesn't seem out of touch. Or old fogeyesque

by Anonymousreply 25May 26, 2020 4:45 PM

Go with a Latino. That way he can't be criticized for not picking a "WOC", and black women will have to deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 26May 26, 2020 4:55 PM

You don't compromise your base at the expense of moderate Republicans who will most likely vote Republican in 2024.

As Bree Newsom Bass said: The white swing voter gets the most political leverage for doing the least, and also sees the least amount of impact on their lives based on who's in charge.

Joe got into this race because he was disgusted at what was happening in Charlottesville and the racial divide in this country that's only getting worse and worse. It would be a disaster to then go and pick a white woman who has a history of always siding with police over black communities, as well as putting an innocent black teenager behind bars due to a sham trial with questionable evidence. It's a disaster, plain and simple.

And the Biden campaign should have been trotting out other names in the media at this point to take away attention from this steaming turd. They really need to start being on the ball with this stuff. And Biden should be reiterating his promises of a diverse cabinet.

by Anonymousreply 27May 26, 2020 5:04 PM

Yes and rightfully so. He said over and over again he would pick a female VP so that only makes sense. Whoever is his VP will end up being president, so I'm glad he wants to choose a female. Its time we had a female president. If it's Tammy Duckworth, even better.

by Anonymousreply 28May 26, 2020 5:09 PM

Sorry R8 I’m actually a paid member for years. Nice try.

by Anonymousreply 29May 26, 2020 8:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!