Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Central Park Karen caught on video calling cops lying about a black man attacking her

It’s open season on entitled white women and I could not be happier!! All those years of lying and pointing your fingers at men, all those false claims and fake stories of being raped and attacked, all those years of being an untouchable, of bitching and degrading baristas and servers and minorities and men.... your time has come white ladies. And your time is UP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85July 2, 2020 7:11 AM

LEARN TO SEARCH

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2020 3:02 AM

Learn to suck my cock R1, you tiresome pansy.

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2020 3:08 AM

Wow, can’t this woman be arrested for filing a false complaint?

by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2020 3:10 AM

OP climbed down from his tire just to post that cutting comeback.

by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2020 3:10 AM

I eat shit.

AND I don't know how to search.

by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2020 3:14 AM

I don’t see the other thread on this topic.

by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2020 11:45 AM

I was once harassed by a man in the bramble... ah, twenty! The age of miracles!!!

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2020 1:33 PM

[Bold] TYPICAL ENTITLE BIPOLAR MENTAL CASE DOG OWNER. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2020 5:18 PM

She was fired today and had to surrender her rescue dog.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2020 7:47 PM

OP, how about complaining about the straight men who commit rape, murder, theft, burglary, gay bashing....

by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2020 7:49 PM

You would think with cell phone cameras everywhere now people would be more circumspect and careful since your bad behavior results in consequences like job loss and public shaming.

by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2020 7:57 PM

If a man commits a crime that automatically makes him gay, R10, especially if he rapes a woman.

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2020 8:05 PM

It's hard to imagine that this is what's causing problems in the city. Makes me miss the days when you'd find someone (or more) naked and inappropriate out in the parks, or having to stay away from a particular end because that was the parks designated shooting gallery.

by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2020 8:06 PM

If that birder guy hadn’t shot the video, he’d be in jail or dead.

by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2020 8:34 PM

The crazy lady thought it was better to hang and choke the struggling dog instead of putting it back on the its leash? I am so glad it was removed from her household.

I don't really care about any of her justifications, she definitely should be charged with misuse of 911, filing false charges and animal cruelty.

by Anonymousreply 15May 26, 2020 8:35 PM

R11 This woman deserved what she got but social media has been a cancer overall. I just read a story about a teen who killed himself after a video of his was leaked of him secretly masturbating. Lots of mentally ill people are exploited. Even rational people behave badly on occasion, and depending on the circumstances, shouldn't have to pay for that one mistake for the rest of their life. That's the problem, sometimes you don't know when you're recorded.

by Anonymousreply 16May 26, 2020 8:41 PM

Another racist OP. Of course this woman's insanity has nothing to do with an undiagnosed mental disorder and everything to do with her RACE. Race explains everything. Your race determines your character and your fate. No one is capable of rising above their circumstances with hard work and self-belief because your race is what really matters. Fucking unreal.

by Anonymousreply 17May 26, 2020 8:49 PM

The man is actually a well known NYC birder and he's in the film "Birders: The Central Park Effect" and seems like a lovely person. And yes he's clearly gay.

by Anonymousreply 18May 26, 2020 9:30 PM

Clearly you do not live in New York. Only the worst kind of thug tells you to leash your pet. And only a sicko goes around looking at birds.

Leash-law vigilantes are terrorizing New Yorkers in record numbers, so this woman was right to be affraid.

by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2020 10:43 PM

I would feel bad for her except she's constantly seen dragging the poor dog by its collar and she calls the cops even though he makes no attempt to come near her. I wouldn't rule out some mental problem, but she clearly is out of line here.

by Anonymousreply 20May 26, 2020 10:55 PM

I love how she’s sounding dramatically distressed as she strangling the poor dog.

by Anonymousreply 21May 27, 2020 12:13 AM

"aside from being an avid birdwatcher, Cooper also happens to be a trailblazing queer comic writer. As a former editor for Marvel, he is known as a pioneer in the comic world for creating the character Yoshi Mishima, the first gay male character in a Star Trek comic and the first gay human ever within the Star Trek universe. With Yoshi, Cooper explored themes of discrimination, obviously something he’s no stranger to in his own life. He also has written stories for Ghost Rider and Vengeance comics."

I'm on his side but I do think the chick has some mental problems.

by Anonymousreply 22May 27, 2020 1:14 AM

Those claiming she has “mental issues” are trying to diminish the too frequent problem of Karens unjustly calling cops on black men. They’re trying to say that this isn’t common even though we all know if the birder hadn’t videotaped it, most of white America would have believed her over him.

by Anonymousreply 23May 27, 2020 1:32 AM

"While walking through the park one day,

In the merry, merry month of May.

I was taken by surprise, by a pair of roguish eyes ,

I was scared but I didn't run away."

--Central Park Birdwatcher and his ecstatically happy new Cocker Spaniel best friend.

by Anonymousreply 24May 27, 2020 1:51 AM

The black man accosted by a white dog-walker in Central Park has posted an online rundown of what happened right before videotaping the now-infamous confrontation.

Christian Cooper — a Harvard University grad, former Marvel Comics editor and a current member of the board directors for the New York City chapter of the Audubon Society, according to reports and the nature organization — wrote on Facebook on Monday:

“Central Park this morning: This woman’s dog is tearing through the plantings in the Ramble.

“ME: Ma’am, dogs in the Ramble have to be on the leash at all times. The sign is right there.

“HER: The dog runs are closed. He needs his exercise.

“ME: All you have to do is take him to the other side of the drive, outside the Ramble, and you can let him run off leash all you want.

“HER: It’s too dangerous.

“ME: Look, if you’re going to do what you want, I’m going to do what I want, but you’re not going to like it.

“HER: What’s that?

“ME (to the dog): Come here, puppy!

“HER: He won’t come to you.

SEE ALSO

Things just went from bad to worse for Central Park 'Karen' “ME: We’ll see about that…” before adding, “I pull out the dog treats I carry for just for such intransigence. I didn’t even get a chance to toss any treats to the pooch before Karen scrambled to grab the dog.

“HER: DON’T YOU TOUCH MY DOG!!!!!

“That’s when I started video recording with my iPhone, and when her inner Karen fully emerged and took a dark turn..

-then posted vid”

“Karen” refers to the social-media term for white women who call the cops on black people over harmless incidents.

The Central Park dog-walker, investment banker Amy Cooper, was caught on the footage threatening to call the cops on Christian, to which he replied, “Please call the cops.”

Amy screamed back, “I’m going to tell them there’s an African American man threatening my life!” — a claim that has drawn widespread outrage for what critics, including Mayor Bill de Blasio, call its blatant racist undertone.

Christian responded, “Please tell them anything you like.”

Amy proceeded to call 911 and report that an “African American man” was “threatening me and my dog.”

She has since insisted she’s no racist, although it didn’t stop her employer, Franklin Templeton, from giving her the boot Tuesday.

After cops arrived for a report of an “assault” at the park, they ended up leaving without filing any charges against anyone, police said.

Christian said in an interview set to air Tuesday that he had “the choice of either capitulating to this racist spin she was going to try to use to alter my behavior, or I could continue doing what I was doing, which was recording her scofflaw behavior on my iPhone.

SEE ALSO

De Blasio says Central Park 'Karen' showed 'racism, plain and simple' “So I decided I wasn’t going to be racially intimidated and just keep recording on my iPhone,” he told Newsy app, according to producer Matt Simon on Twitter.

Christian studied government at Harvard between 1980 and 1984, when he received a bachelor’s degree, according to a LinkedIn page attributed to him by such outlets as Heavy.com.

He also worked for Marvel Comics for nine years both as a writer and editor, where he developed the first gay character for the “Star Trek” comics,” said the LGBT magazine The Advocate.

Christian is currently a biomedical editor, according to LinkedIn.

He also is a board director for the local Audubon Society. The national organization put out a statement Tuesday saying, “We unequivocally condemn racist sentiments, behavior, and systems that undermine the humanity, rights, and freedom of Black people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 27, 2020 1:57 AM

You will not and I mean NOT get one past the "there's already a thread troll". She is on high alert so don't even try.

by Anonymousreply 26May 27, 2020 2:00 AM

[quote] "there's already a thread troll"

Ultimate Karening.

by Anonymousreply 27May 27, 2020 2:24 AM

Short clip of the birder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 27, 2020 2:31 AM

what a shitty shame!

by Anonymousreply 29May 27, 2020 2:32 AM

That poor dog! If a dog is taken from an owner due to mistreatment, will the owner be able to foster or adopt a dog in the future? Will there be a record of her mistreatment of an animal?

by Anonymousreply 30May 27, 2020 2:44 AM

R10 Please leave. We don't like you.

by Anonymousreply 31May 27, 2020 2:48 AM

Looks like liberals appropriated the term Karen from conservatives. That was quick.

by Anonymousreply 32May 27, 2020 3:36 AM

Karen was never political R32, it's been on the rise for years as a term for any entitled white lady being unreasonable in public. The recent skyrocketing of its use has started to change/dilute its meaning to give it additional associations.

by Anonymousreply 33May 27, 2020 3:41 AM

While she was wrong, I don’t like the fact that he’s seeking to capitalize on this incident. I think she suffered quite enough. Having dealt with anxiety my whole life, I have empathy for people who are masking their grief or dealing with it the wrong way. And now with all that’s going on in the world, Everyone is on the verge of cracking.

If you really want to make a teachable moment, then give her an opportunity to offer a sincere apology. Since she was already in the process of doing this, this this and the comment from the mayor seems very excessive.

by Anonymousreply 34May 27, 2020 3:44 AM

This nasty cunt got fired from her job. Good. Fuck her. Another attempt to "blame" a black man for doing NOTHING. Glad he filmed it, glad he said call the cops. Fuck her. She's a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 35May 27, 2020 3:47 AM

The woman is wrong and I don’t like how she held her dog, but the man is quite hall-monitorish and he really has no business calling over her dog and offering it treats. That’s like offering a random kid candy. (“Look, if you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it”) Umm...what is the logic in that, dude? Two wrongs don’t make a right. He has some boundary issues, and if he hadn’t provoked her it might not have escalated.

by Anonymousreply 36May 27, 2020 3:59 AM

I think the rage at Amy Cooper should properly be directed at the obscene video of a Minnesota police man putting his knee on the throat of an improperly detained suspect and killing him. In this video, I see weird behavior on both sides. I can understand how gratifying it may feel to ruin this woman's life given how many black lives have been snuffed out by racist white people. I can understand drawing particular judgments if you call her Karen and put this on twitter. I'm not defending her. She's a mess but he's clearly provocative.

by Anonymousreply 37May 27, 2020 4:03 AM

In response to Christian Cooper's comments that "I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it," Amy Cooper said: "I didn't know what that meant. When you're alone in a wooded area, that's absolutely terrifying, right?"

by Anonymousreply 38May 27, 2020 4:07 AM

R34 She did make a half-assed nonpology where she apologized for what she did to "that man"...THAT MAN? She knew his name. Its the same as hers ffs.

by Anonymousreply 39May 27, 2020 4:12 AM

Bullshit about 'ruining her life'. Within a week it will be ancient news, and she can move on to some other overpaid job in finance.

by Anonymousreply 40May 27, 2020 4:19 AM

R34, she had the chance to make a sincere apology and instead made an insincere one.

She did a fake scared voice on the phone and lied to law enforcement knowing full well that it could put his life in danger. Sorry, but I wish she could be prosecuted.

Just because someone feels anxiety does not give them a pass to behave unethically. Somehow I have a feeling every killer in prison felt anxiety--but you have to draw the line.

by Anonymousreply 41May 27, 2020 4:20 AM

I have done some fucked up shit in my life, but I never would even conceive of saying and doing what she did. She needs to face official consequences for this, besides the job loss. I mean, she should face charges for filing a false police complaint, or she should be hospitalized for observation as a risk to herself or others. Maybe both. She’s a menace.

by Anonymousreply 42May 27, 2020 4:20 AM

What the hell is wrong with multiple threads, anyway?!? Doesn't it give us a better chance of not missing the topic?

It's NOT that big of a fucking deal, DLKaren!

by Anonymousreply 43May 27, 2020 4:28 AM

It's a little far to call what she did attempted murder, but given the state of police and race relations in this country and the show she put on for the dispatcher... it's close. I don't really care if they make an example out of her. But I do agree that with the Minneapolis murder happening so quickly afterward we should find a way to turn the attention to that. Christian Cooper originally posted saying he wanted to discuss race & the police and a day later the discussion became reality. It's time to use our energy to make actual reform. Unfortunately, I fear that people are more interested in punishing Amy Cooper than they are addressing the underlying issues.

by Anonymousreply 44May 27, 2020 5:08 AM

R34 how do you know that he's not masking anxiety? Why give her that benefit of the doubt and not him. Imagine asking someone to follow the instructions on a publicly posted sign and their response is essentially no and then a decision to call the police and lie? What you see as capitalizing (hes a Harvard grad with a pretty good resume. He certainly doesn't need this) is someone sharing what it's like when this person was asked to follow the rules and freaked the fuck out. By contrast, which is the point, look what happens to people that look like him when they break rules. As others have mentioned imagine if he hadn't recorded.

Having anxiety issues, which is a convenient excuse, doesn't mean a person may not also just be an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 45May 27, 2020 5:48 AM

R44 punishment is part of it though, and perhaps part of addressing the underlying issues is the acknowledgement that these actions aren't consequence free and are deserving serious punishment. People have been using their energy for years beginning with abolitionists. I mean what was the Civil Rights movement. It's no surprise that at this point in American history, people are interested in making sure that the Amy Coopers AND people working under color of authority, and random yahoos in pickup trucks with guns no longer continue to skate.

by Anonymousreply 46May 27, 2020 6:06 AM

What exactly gave him the right to assert control over this woman and her actions? Did I miss something? If this is what being on the board of directors for the NY chapter of the Audubon Society can do for you, perhaps I should sign up.

I think this is a case of like energy meeting like. They both created the situation and I feel they are both rather pitiable. On that note, hope the OP sees a doctor for his sickness.

by Anonymousreply 47May 27, 2020 6:18 AM

Did we mention the guy is a hunk who created the first gay Star Trek character in a comic book?

by Anonymousreply 48May 27, 2020 6:21 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49May 27, 2020 6:23 AM

I don't understand how anyone can side with the woman. She says she was afraid, well then why did she ask him to stop filming? She has her dog OFF leash which is not allowed (and for good reason) but like most dog owners she thinks her dog is special. And then she has the gall to call the police and claim she is being threatened by an "African American man"?! Good for him for standing his ground and not being intimidated by her threats. She probably didn't figure an African American man would be so intelligent and know his rights

by Anonymousreply 50May 27, 2020 6:23 AM

Howcum these Karens ain't ever hot?

by Anonymousreply 51May 27, 2020 6:25 AM

Black family uses charcoal when they aren't supposed to and white woman gets dragged for telling them they're breaking the law. Black guy tells white woman to put her dog on a lead and he's a hero. Funny how that works.

by Anonymousreply 52May 27, 2020 6:44 AM

R48 So he created this?—

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 27, 2020 6:50 AM

This woman, Amy Cooper is a liberal??

by Anonymousreply 54May 27, 2020 7:21 AM

This woman felt threatened and kept approaching the man? I can't see it. If she was frightened, she would have leashed the dog and gotten the hell away.

Instead, she kept engaging, dragging and hanging the poor dog by the collar. . She was "road raging" in the park, and not giving up her position, whatever it was. Good thing she had a cell phone and not a gun.

by Anonymousreply 55May 27, 2020 9:05 AM

Why wasn’t she cited fir the leash law violation at the very least?

by Anonymousreply 56May 27, 2020 9:54 AM

90% of dog owners violate the leash law.

There are 90,000,000 dogs in the USA.

by Anonymousreply 57May 27, 2020 10:02 AM

He is handsome and looks to have a muscled build (big shoulders and arms). Excuse me as I head to the Ramble.

by Anonymousreply 58May 27, 2020 11:01 AM

We can safely assume she is mentally ill.

That cannot be used to justify what she did or to excuse her racism. Sane or not, she called the police to say she was being “threatened by an African American man.” She did that after threatening, pointedly, to say she was being threatened by a black man.

We all know by now what this is. She was threatening him with the potential of police violence against him. Just yesterday a gang of police in Minneapolis killed a black man. It happens all the time. Had police arrived to find a hysterical woman screeching in the woods that she had been attacked by that man, he would have at least been arrested and potential is high that he would have been treated with violence and dragged to jail and tried.

I can’t believe that people are defending her.

She isn’t schizophrenic or so seriously compromised by mental illness that she doesn’t know how to use racism as a threat and to make good on that threat. She has no excuse and the people who are excusing her behavior are either naive or ignorant at best and, at worst, posting clearly fallacious excuses for racist behaviors that could have had devastating consequences for a fucking bird watcher. A bird watcher!!

by Anonymousreply 59May 27, 2020 11:17 AM

Chris Cooper is hot. I’d love to get acquainted with him.

by Anonymousreply 60May 27, 2020 11:41 AM

R52 (and the four readers who W&Wd you): Your argument is moot in that it fails to note that the Black family did not falsely call the police screaming that a torch-wielding person in a white hood and gown was threatening their lives.

Are you truly as obtuse as exhibited in your post? That mass perched atop your neck has use beyond being a red MAGA cap-rack. And put a mask on it! "Funny how that works" indeed.

by Anonymousreply 61May 27, 2020 2:01 PM

Enough with the Harvard grad stuff...that has nothing to do with the case. What if he worked at Walmart? What difference does it make?

by Anonymousreply 62May 27, 2020 2:15 PM

[quote] Amy is Canadian.

Has Trudeau condemned her yet?

by Anonymousreply 63May 27, 2020 2:37 PM

I followed this in real time. From what I gather --

- Initially, most concerns were about the dog - animal abuse.

- Then came the realization that she was NOT a deplorable, but an educated affluent woman using her gender and race to threaten a man.

- While this was being digested, the woman's former dog walker ID'd her on Twitter.

- With her name, people moved to Instagram, Google and LinkedIn. There they found her employer and numerous posts showing how accident prone her dog was. Suspicion of Munchausen by Proxy was in the air.

- The black man was identified and his Facebook posts were examined. At least, some people tried to make both sides equally guilty.

- Her employer and the Rescue that gave her the dog said they would investigate. Woman surrendered the dog and issued apology.

- Black man is found to be Ivy Leaguer, gay, comic book writer and member of NY Audubon Society.

- She's fired immediately on return to work after Memorial Day.

To me, it looked for a moment like she was doing damage control and trying to change the narrative. Unfortunately, her victim was higher up on the NYC food chain than she was.

by Anonymousreply 64May 27, 2020 3:02 PM

Where can I find her social media account that is written in the dog's voice?

by Anonymousreply 65May 27, 2020 3:16 PM

R52 is a racist idiot. The Black family who were lectured about charcoal didn't call the police and lie in an effort to get the white woman murdered by cop.

by Anonymousreply 66May 27, 2020 3:32 PM

Thank you for the play by play r64

by Anonymousreply 67May 27, 2020 3:35 PM

Anyone on here know Christian Cooper? He seems quite the hot catch for a husband. Handsome, hunky, smart, and interesting.

by Anonymousreply 68May 27, 2020 4:06 PM

Didn't the police show up and the man not get killed? The worst thing that could have happened would have been that the man would be arrested for assault and would be entitled to a defense.

by Anonymousreply 69May 27, 2020 4:20 PM

I knew Christian slightly about 30 years ago. Complete crush.

by Anonymousreply 70May 27, 2020 5:01 PM

R69, they were both gone before the police showed up.

If she was willing to lie on the phone to get the cops there, you have to wonder how she would have manipulated the situation if the cops showed up before she left.

by Anonymousreply 71May 27, 2020 5:02 PM

What is wrong with R69?

A brain tumor, one suspects. Rather hopefully, if wickedly.

by Anonymousreply 72May 27, 2020 5:04 PM

R72 Wishing death on someone makes you no better than her.

by Anonymousreply 73May 27, 2020 5:18 PM

The Birder is cute, is he on here?

by Anonymousreply 74May 27, 2020 7:17 PM

Good point, R62. As if only good people go to Harvard.

I had a roommate who had a female fiancé and a boyfriend. He went to Boston University Law School. When she learned of the boyfriend, she broke their engagement, but she still wrote a character recommendation for him, which is necessary to get your law degree. His dishonesty disgusted me.

The Boston Craig’s List killer went to BU Med School, as an aside.

But that’s what it means about character to have an elite degree - nothing.

by Anonymousreply 75May 28, 2020 7:06 PM

R73, it seems brain tumors are contagious.

“Wishing death on someone” on this anonymous board, and which actually just struck me as simply dark humor, doesn't harm anybody. That’s very different that what that woman did, which was intended to intimidate the man, and bring him bodily and legal harm. He could have gone to prison, if he wasn’t murdered. That’s different than smart-mouthing on DataLounge.

by Anonymousreply 76May 28, 2020 7:13 PM

R75 Having a good work ethic and being responsible are noteworthy traits for those who succeed in academics but there will always be exceptions.

by Anonymousreply 77May 28, 2020 7:15 PM

R76 I would argue that practicing good etiquette should extend to online message boards. It's hard not to see a link between the toxicity of social media and its effect on how people relate to each other in the real world.

by Anonymousreply 78May 28, 2020 7:19 PM

Being put an administrative leave is not the same as being fired.

by Anonymousreply 79May 28, 2020 10:06 PM

I think the woman was initially and immediately put on administrative leave, but then on her first day back at work, she was fired.

by Anonymousreply 80May 29, 2020 1:27 AM

So glad she don't have the dog anymore! She was dragging and hanging the poor thing!!

by Anonymousreply 81May 29, 2020 1:32 AM

Another day, another cunt.

by Anonymousreply 82May 29, 2020 2:21 AM

She should have flashed her tits at him, he would have ran for the hills!

by Anonymousreply 83May 29, 2020 8:07 AM

I can't believe this bitch got the dog back!!! I sure hope she treats it better now after seeing what she did on video and the outcry!

by Anonymousreply 84July 2, 2020 6:35 AM

I just read some follow-up stories that discussed her crazy run-in with a doorman and a lawsuit against a married guy who screwed her out of 65k, At first, I thought "how interesting--this woman is really ill" and then I realized that just when this addled woman thought she had slipped out of the spotlight, she was humiliated once again but this time for its entertainment value. I'm glad she got the dog back and I hope she gets the help she desperately needs.

by Anonymousreply 85July 2, 2020 7:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!