Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elon Musk changes his son's name from "X Æ A-12" to "X Æ A-Xii" to comply with CA law

Tesla and SpaceX chief Elon Musk and singer Grimes have tweaked their baby's famed name after California officials noted it didn't comply with state health codes.

In a series of Instagram comments on Sunday, Grimes revealed to her followers that the couple had slightly changed their son's name from "X Æ A-12" to "X Æ A-Xii."

"Roman numerals," she explained. "Looks better tbh ... one dash is allowed."

After the duo announced the name on Twitter following the baby boy's birth on May 4, the state of California indicated that the unusual name isn't permissible.

"A name like 'X Æ A-12' would not be allowed," Matt Conens, of the Office of Public Affairs of the California Department of Public Health, wrote in an email to USA TODAY. "Vital records must be completed with the 26 alphabetical characters of the English language and appropriate punctuation such as hyphens, apostrophes, periods, and commas."

It's unclear if the adjusted name meets state law; USA TODAY has reached out to the couple's representatives for details.

Grimes previously revealed the methodology behind the name included "X, the unknown variable," "Æ, my elven spelling of Ai (love &/or Artificial intelligence)" and "A-12 = precursor to SR-17 (our favorite aircraft). No weapons, no defenses, just speed. Great in battle, but non-violent."

How are the two referring to their uniquely-named kid? One Instagram follower asked if she and Musk called him "X" or “Æ," pronounced "Ash."

"He has many names," Grimes wrote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 26, 2020 2:44 PM

If it’s pronounced “Ex-ASH-a”, it’s not terrible. The “twelve” part is dumb and sounds like a superhero robot.

Poor kid.

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2020 12:37 AM

It’s amazing that I feel more sorry for kids like Axaea12 and Archie Mountbatten-Windsor than I do for some of the dirt-poor kids I’ve known in my real life.

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2020 12:38 AM

God he's such a douche

by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2020 12:42 AM

[quote] It’s amazing that I feel more sorry for kids like Axaea12 and Archie Mountbatten-Windsor than I do for some of the dirt-poor kids I’ve known in my real life.

Never too late to change.

by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2020 12:43 AM

Is he insane?

by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2020 12:44 AM

It's meth, R5.

I'm pretty sure his girlfriend turned him on to it, since she's a meth head, herself.

by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2020 12:47 AM

Money usually makes people more attractive, not less.

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2020 12:58 AM

Stupid freaks.

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2020 12:59 AM

I'm still trying to get over the fact of a woman named "Grimes." That's all...just "Grimes."

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2020 1:01 AM

Grimes is her stage name R9. Her real name is Claire Elise Boucher

by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2020 1:25 AM

Rich people frequently give their kids stupid first names.

by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2020 1:28 AM

He's absolutely crazy and dangerous at times.

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2020 2:11 AM

At one time I admired Musk, lately I just feel sad for him.

by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2020 2:12 AM

He's exactly the kinda guy who'd sashay into a joint, order a Flaming Rum Punch, and talk about gettin' his wings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2020 2:15 AM

He’s a fool whose mother told him he was brilliant—and he believed her.

by Anonymousreply 15May 26, 2020 2:18 AM

It's pronounced SEXY!

by Anonymousreply 16May 26, 2020 2:19 AM

In a sense R15, you'd have to be slightly brilliant to become a billionaire.

But it doesn't mean you can't be crazy at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 17May 26, 2020 2:20 AM

[quote]If it’s pronounced “Ex-ASH-a”, it’s not terrible.

Honey, Exasha IS terrible. Sharkeisha is less aurally offensive.

by Anonymousreply 18May 26, 2020 2:21 AM

r15 didn't say he wasn't brilliant. He said Musk's mother told him he is brilliant and he believed her. Being brilliant is largely irrelevant. The kind of person you are is of greater value because that indicates how you affect people's lives.

And we have all seen how Musk affects people's lives.

by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2020 2:24 AM

Exasha Musk.

The kid doesn't stand a chance.

by Anonymousreply 20May 26, 2020 2:26 AM

I get the feeling THEY will be transgender!

by Anonymousreply 21May 26, 2020 2:45 AM

He’s a smug twat who is not half as interesting as he thinks he is.

by Anonymousreply 22May 26, 2020 3:31 AM

The kid will change his name to John Smith as soon as he is old enough.

by Anonymousreply 23May 26, 2020 3:41 AM

These two can fuck off with their terminal uniqueness.

by Anonymousreply 24May 26, 2020 3:42 AM

The kid will kill his dad and everyone will say, he deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 25May 26, 2020 4:39 AM

I think they are underdosing opiods.

by Anonymousreply 26May 26, 2020 5:23 AM

Elon Musk is going to die under mysterious circumstances, isn’t he?

by Anonymousreply 27May 26, 2020 5:28 AM

Apple Goop is just glad she'll no longer be the most bullied kid for having a weird name.

by Anonymousreply 28May 26, 2020 5:30 AM

[quote]Money usually makes people more attractive, not less.

Good luck getting hard or wet for this fucking troll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 26, 2020 5:35 AM

Grimes looks like a Madame Tussauds figure.

by Anonymousreply 30May 26, 2020 5:36 AM

r23 Even Ned Rocknroll reverted his surname to Smith

by Anonymousreply 31May 26, 2020 11:27 AM

R28, ahh, remember the days when Apple was the strange name

by Anonymousreply 32May 26, 2020 11:30 AM

Poor kid

by Anonymousreply 33May 26, 2020 11:30 AM

He's an douche, but this is proof that women can be insufferable douches, too.

by Anonymousreply 34May 26, 2020 11:32 AM

How is this child expected to write his name in school, and on forms, when he gets older?

That's just fucking cruel.

by Anonymousreply 35May 26, 2020 11:37 AM

[quote][R28], ahh, remember the days when Apple was the strange name

What I always recall is she stole the name from like a Coldplay manager or someone who worked for the band who had already named their daughter that and Goop said she really liked the name, so I'm sure that poor girl who had it first gets told she stole it from Paltrow because we have morons who can't comprehend that this girl was born first and had it first. The kinds of idiots who confront actors as if they are the characters they've played.

by Anonymousreply 36May 26, 2020 1:46 PM

As a couple I kind of think maybe they aren't so so good for each other. They seem to feed on their mutual weirdness to the point of stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 37May 26, 2020 2:17 PM

Was Elon alway this crazy?

by Anonymousreply 38May 26, 2020 2:23 PM

The nouveaux riches.

by Anonymousreply 39May 26, 2020 2:42 PM

Not sure, r38. He seemed like the over-energized creative type for some time. It was great while he channeled it into building giant businesses and pushing the technical/scientific boundaries. The first 15 years. But things started to change when he called the Thailand diver a pedo. Since then, his behavior had shown more signs of being unhinged. And now this.

I think the guy has a serious mental problem.

by Anonymousreply 40May 26, 2020 2:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!