Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Staten Island mob surrounds and verbally abuses woman for not wearing mask in grocery store.

I'm surprised since Staten Island helped elect Trump, who doesn't seem to believe in masks. Guess they couldn't pass up the opportunity to show how much better they are than her. This made me remember when Alec Baldwin called his young daughter a little pig.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93May 27, 2020 3:58 PM

"Dirty assed pig!"? God they're aggressive, aren't they?

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2020 12:17 AM

That's scary. I'm hearing that some stores don't allow staff to ask people without masks to leave from fear of violent response. It looks like the masked customers will scare them out instead.

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2020 12:22 AM

On one hand, this is violent. An entire mob surrounds a woman and harassed her. On the other hand- fuck her. She knows the rules. Most people know we need to wear a mask but she's going to be the arrogant one and decide not to wear one.' At this point, stores need to have disposable masks on hand for people that might've forgotten them at home or something but I don't know how I feel about this video.

by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2020 12:24 AM

She is being a hag for not wearing a mask. They’re going ultra extra trying to scare her. Everyone wears a mask no one gets harassed. Not rocket science people.

by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2020 12:31 AM

I cannot believe what people have become, because of this mask insanity.

They look like stark, raving lunatics.

by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2020 12:37 AM

Too bad this didn't happen to that woman who harassed the Cotco manager while taping it.

by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2020 12:38 AM

^Cosco

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2020 12:39 AM

^Coatco

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2020 12:41 AM

This is ridiculous. Who purchases their groceries at a place named PriceRite, when there's always a Gristedes close by?!

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2020 12:42 AM

OP is worse than Hitler!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2020 12:43 AM

^Conaco

by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2020 12:47 AM

The weird thing is, she's not the only one not wearing a mask. The woman on a scooter doesn't seem to be wearing one, and one guy pulled his down to scream at her - which is hilarious. None of them are maintaining any kind of social distancing. In conclusion, they're all idiots. A pox on all their houses.

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2020 12:53 AM

Staten Island mobs are used to doing that to black people who wander into white neighborhoods.

Only now, the tables have turned, and they're doing it non-mask wearers.

Regardless, the Staten Island mob scene is alive and well.

Fucking savages.

by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2020 1:01 AM

They sound like a bunch of shrieking monkeys. I was waiting for them to start throwing poo at her...

by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2020 2:13 AM

a face mask does not really prevent the spread of disease. You also need to social distance and not Rant and Rave at people too. The ranting and raving is what is spreading illness. if you have corona virus infection.

She may have had a hard time breathing. This is going to get worse for people in the summer.

You have to stay away from people and not talk. Ranting, raving, screaming is spreading illness.

Violent and Stupid. This is going to get out of hand quickly.

by Anonymousreply 15May 26, 2020 2:17 AM

Scenes like this are really doing the mask wearing cause, a lot of harm.

The tide could turn if they see people like this forming mobs.

Nobody wants to be lynched for not wearing a mask.

It's extremism like this, that makes people unsympathetic to your cause.

by Anonymousreply 16May 26, 2020 2:25 AM

R16 wearing mask is not a cause for some social movement, it's a health requirement!

by Anonymousreply 17May 26, 2020 2:59 AM

Wouldn't put it past these types to burn down someone's house after finding out they didn't wear a mask.

Some of you are too young to remember when mothers in Queens threatened to burn down the school because they didn't want a student with HIV in the same class as their kids.

by Anonymousreply 18May 26, 2020 3:00 AM

Staten Island did not help elect trump. New York State chose Hillary. Staten Island was completely irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2020 3:08 AM

[quote]I'm surprised since Staten Island helped elect Trump,

OP isn’t the brightest. New York’s electoral college votes went to Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 20May 26, 2020 3:24 AM

While I do feel from schadenfreude, I wish we could do some kind of societal reset where people minded their own business and shunning was the worst form of social reaction AND people cared about being shunned, so it was effective, and rare. All these people challenging other people over the small shit is just crazy.

Theres a video somewhere of people coughing at others. There was one woman who approached the camera holder and coughed, basically spit, repeatedly, in his or her face. I can’t imagine why that woman wasn’t smacked in the face and knocked-out. This is another reason why I hate Fox and the Right. I think they foment this shit.

by Anonymousreply 21May 26, 2020 4:29 AM

I said cover your damn mouth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 26, 2020 4:44 AM

Stores need to remind people to social distance. Stay the fuck away from people not wearing a mask, they may not be able to breathe. Also, this is going to get worse in the summer. Ranting and Raving does spread corona virus. You cannot have the lay public be medical doctors or make public health guidelines.

CDC Guidelines: children, elderly, or people who have breathing issues cannot wear a mask. Do not put a mask on anyone or pets who may have trouble removing it. Or prone to breathing issues. It is too dangerous for them. Masks are for healthy people, who may be asymptomatic. This prevents them from spreading it to vulnerable people.

by Anonymousreply 23May 26, 2020 4:57 AM

Ask yourself this, BEFORE approaching a person:

Am I am medical doctor trying to help this person? Or Am I an Asshole causing trouble?

If you are the later, you need to rethink your game plane.

by Anonymousreply 24May 26, 2020 5:02 AM

Thanks, R22, I feel much better, now! So cathartic.

by Anonymousreply 25May 26, 2020 5:18 AM

Those people are psychotic.

This is what happens when you whip the public up into a frenzy.

by Anonymousreply 26May 26, 2020 10:04 AM

What R26 said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 26, 2020 11:44 AM

OP, the woman was not abused. Stop your shit stirring.

She was acting anti-socially and society voiced its opprobrium. It always does.

by Anonymousreply 28May 26, 2020 12:48 PM

People were already shot over mask wearing. 2 weeks ago. Both sides need to calm the fuck down.

by Anonymousreply 29May 26, 2020 12:52 PM

Unless you live in NYC and environs, that video must be very unsettling.

But once you understand that's how Noo Yawkers handle everything, the video is good for a laugh.

by Anonymousreply 30May 26, 2020 1:00 PM

WOOOOOOO!!!! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!

by Anonymousreply 31May 26, 2020 3:05 PM

Stores need to put a sign outside that says this store is private property, if you don’t wear a mask you cannot enter. Say if you cause a ruckus police will be called and you will be arrested.

Have a person near the door whose job it is to hand out free surgical masks to anyone who doesn’t have one.

If you are so weak and frail you can’t breathe without a simple surgical mask, you need to stay home, because if you get Coronavirus you’re going to die.

This has nothing to do with political beliefs, “it’s not fair,” “mah civil rahts,” the second amendment or anything else. If someone is so fragile they can’t breathe in one of those rascal scooters, then maybe the store needs to offer a curbside delivery for those customers. They absolutely don’t need to be there. Neither do small children running all over the store screaming, which I saw on Friday.

Masks do work to prevent transmission among those who social distance. The main point of masks is to stop you from giving it to someone else. If children are too young to wear a mask, then either mommy needs to leave them at home, or if she can’t do that, she needs to do curbside delivery with the kids in the car if there’s no babysitter. Children are disease vectors and mommy is putting elderly customers at risk.

Your crotch droppings are not so all-holy you are entitled to bring them to the store in an effort to kill as many elderly customers as possible. Get over yourself.

by Anonymousreply 32May 26, 2020 3:21 PM

Another good thing would be for stores to put up a sign saying no children under twelve will be admitted, and curbside delivery is available for customers with children under twelve.

Hospitals don’t let small children run loose for a reason. A two year old isn’t going to buy anything anyway.

by Anonymousreply 33May 26, 2020 3:24 PM

R13 ok but try being a white person who wanders into a black neighborhood...

by Anonymousreply 34May 26, 2020 3:51 PM

[Quote]OP, the woman was not abused. Stop your shit stirring.

[Quote]She was acting anti-socially and society voiced its opprobrium. It always does.

Um, she was verbally abused.

by Anonymousreply 35May 26, 2020 4:04 PM

[Quote][R13] ok but try being a white person who wanders into a black neighborhood...

You mean like gentrification?

by Anonymousreply 36May 26, 2020 4:06 PM

Oh Jesus here we go.

by Anonymousreply 37May 26, 2020 4:21 PM

Somehow I knew that certain elements of Datalounge would be okay with this kind of animalistic behavior. Justifying it because it's for the "greater good."

NO, it's not for the greater good. It's people behaving like animals. Acting like foaming at the mouth, stark raving mad lunatics. Because someone is not wearing a stupid face mask.

When mob rule becomes acceptable, that's when you know that society is no longer functioning. People have lost their fucking minds.

[quote] OP, the woman was not abused. Stop your shit stirring. She was acting anti-socially and society voiced its opprobrium.

[quote] once you understand that's how Noo Yawkers handle everything, the video is good for a laugh.

[quote] put up a sign saying no children under twelve will be admitted

[quote] try being a white person who wanders into a black neighborhood

Do any of you even listen to yourselves?

You know, there was a time when gay people were considered a "public health threat," and these are the same kinds of arguments that irrational and ignorant people tried to make against us.

But I guess now that it's not gay people who are the target, somehow that makes it okay for mobs to tear the person apart.

What a fucking world we live in.

by Anonymousreply 38May 26, 2020 6:20 PM

R38, as long as she's black or beige, DLers couldn't care less about how she is mistreated.

by Anonymousreply 39May 26, 2020 6:38 PM

If she were white, the title would be "Staten Island mob surrounds and verbally abuses a Karen for not wearing a mask..."

DL hates women, period. It is known.

by Anonymousreply 40May 26, 2020 6:49 PM

If she were white, R40?

She looks like standard-issue Staten Island Italian house wife to me. That's exactly what you would expect to find in a Staten Island grocery store.

So are you saying Italians aren't white? Or are you saying the woman isn't Italian? If not, what have your determined her ethnicity to be from a few seconds of grainy video?

by Anonymousreply 41May 26, 2020 7:16 PM

If she's one of those MAGA Cunts who came in demanding her civil rights not to wear a mask, She SHOULD be shamed

by Anonymousreply 42May 26, 2020 7:42 PM

The retards in this video evinced absolutely zero fear of coming into close contact with this woman.

The masks are supposed to protect other people from your possibly-infected spit, but don't protect you from anything floating in the air. They all risked exposure by crowding in on her.

Let's be honest, it's a political thing though.

by Anonymousreply 43May 26, 2020 7:46 PM

R38, people are not being tortured because they have to consider others when they leave the house in the middle of a pandemic. There are a lot of people with pre-existing medical conditions, and they don’t deserve to die because some people are too selfish to do anything at all to consider their welfare.

If your mother was the one who died, would you say, who cares, at least some selfish moron didn’t have to put on a mask for twenty minutes, that’s much more important than whether my mother gets to live or not? Every one of those people you think are worthless and expendable matters to someone. Maybe not you, but someone.

by Anonymousreply 44May 26, 2020 7:58 PM

Since when is "she" a "bro"?

by Anonymousreply 45May 26, 2020 8:03 PM

I was walking home on a really hot day and took my mask off for a second. Karen comes out of nowhere with a gigantic dog, walks right next to me and says, “They work really well in your hand.” People have turned into total cunts.

by Anonymousreply 46May 26, 2020 8:16 PM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

by Anonymousreply 47May 26, 2020 8:19 PM

Don't participate in this manifestation of trolling. People on both sides of such conflicts have been successfully trolled to the breaking point. It's sad for them. And the trolls win - that's the purpose - create conflict.

by Anonymousreply 48May 26, 2020 8:23 PM

[quote] People have turned into total cunts.

Exactly, R46. On both sides of the argument.

People who are excusing this mob attack, don't realize the ramifications of being "okay" with this behavior.

This is how trump acts. And people are starting to mimic his behavior. By giving our permission to these people, that acting like this is "okay" because it's for our "own good," then there's no going back.

The craziness will just ramp up, and up, and up, until complete violence is acceptable and tolerated.

We cannot become that society.

by Anonymousreply 49May 26, 2020 8:40 PM

R32, Great post. Kudos. ITA

Now personally I wish the mob would have killed the selfish bitch without the mask, but I do believe the cowardly stores are more to blame than anyone. The only place with guts and employees with guts is Costco. The stores need to do exactly as R32 wrote and if anyone tries to get in anyway have security guards block their way and have the manager call the police. Private stores absolutely have the rights to keep who they want out of their stores as long as they're not doing it in a racist way. No one has the so called "Freedom" to make others sick and possibly kill them. That is total MAGA bullshit and bullying and it has to be stopped.

by Anonymousreply 50May 26, 2020 8:51 PM

DEATH! Death on my enemies!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 26, 2020 8:55 PM

You know what this thread needs? Miss Barbara Nichols...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 26, 2020 8:59 PM

NY has been the hardest hit by the virus - that & well, they're NYers - explains the violent outburst. Not justifying it and they all acted like loons, but I could see where they are far more likely to know people that died & are therefore more sensitive to maintaining mask protocol.

by Anonymousreply 53May 26, 2020 9:06 PM

That was not a violent outburst. No one hit anyone. No one got shot.

The Staten Islanders were merely driving their point home in their inimitable Staten Island way.

by Anonymousreply 54May 26, 2020 9:08 PM

[quote] The Staten Islanders were merely driving their point home in their inimitable Staten Island way.

Sure, Jan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 26, 2020 9:26 PM

Good for the Staten Island women doing what was the right thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 56May 26, 2020 9:27 PM

If you think that was the "right thing to do" R56, then you have severe mental problems.

You belong locked up, and not allowed in a civil society.

by Anonymousreply 57May 26, 2020 9:30 PM

When people stand together to speak up about a wrong, they should be applauded, not criticized.

by Anonymousreply 58May 26, 2020 9:39 PM

We'll remember that when the mob is surrounding you for whatever reason, R58.

by Anonymousreply 59May 26, 2020 9:43 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60May 26, 2020 9:48 PM

R39 - or a woman for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 61May 26, 2020 10:03 PM

Only Americas act like this..embarrassing

by Anonymousreply 62May 26, 2020 11:56 PM

[quote] R50: The only place with guts and employees with guts is Costco.

This must be location dependent. In Boston, I think the city or state requires stores to require masks, and they do. I was in Home Depot and Stop & Shop and they required masks. Home Depot only allowed limited numbers in at a given time, too. It all worked well, though it did, of course, take longer.

by Anonymousreply 63May 27, 2020 1:41 AM

I was at a Plum Markets today & I followed in a hot, maskless guy. I asked the worker at the door handing out gloves if the store let maskless people in. He sheepishly said he hadn’t noticed, but didn’t do anything about it. Nor did I nor all the other (masked) shoppers.

by Anonymousreply 64May 27, 2020 1:56 AM

The mob should be prosecuted for MOBING this women. If any one of them had corona virus, their ranting and NOT social distancing will for sure spread the virus.

Stores need to remind customers to social distance. You have no right to determine someone's ability to wear a face mask. Are you a fucking medical doctor trying to assist a person? If not, stay the fuck away from them.

KKKarens are trying to get people killed.

by Anonymousreply 65May 27, 2020 2:40 AM

Interesting, R64.

That's white male privilege, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 66May 27, 2020 2:41 AM

Is there any evidence that there actually are any significant number of people who cannot wear a face mask? This would exclude anybody who can’t visit a store at all due to breathing problems. This would be people who can go shopping without a mask; but who can’t go shopping with a mask. I haven’t heard a medical professional say that this is a real thing; it just seems to be a “preference” by some peculiar people.

by Anonymousreply 67May 27, 2020 2:47 AM

Face mask obstructs breathing. You need to be able to remove it if you are having any issues. You SHOULD NEVER put a mask on anyone. People who cannot remove the mask themselves should never wear one: sick, disabled, elderly, children, pets. You are not suppose to wear face masks that long. The longer you wear one, it increasing the chances of being infected. You cannot kept a mask on your face if someone sneezes, coughs, or rants on you/at you, Or gets into your personal space (social distance).

Face masks really prevent a medical doctor from spreading infections to immune-compromised patients.

IF you are not a medical doctor trying to assist someone, stay away from people. Do not cause trouble.

by Anonymousreply 68May 27, 2020 3:29 AM

breathing difficulties will increase in the summer, the heat. You need to social distance.

by Anonymousreply 69May 27, 2020 3:31 AM

Wow it’s like it’s just another excuse for people to unleash their aggression. I’m in Vancouver and you don’t see too many people in masks here and you certainly aren’t seeing people harassed for not wearing them.

by Anonymousreply 70May 27, 2020 3:43 AM

Staten Island is full of trash people and some of them are in this video.

by Anonymousreply 71May 27, 2020 3:44 AM

Face masks are suppose to remind people, who are healthy, but asymptotic that their actions could infect a vulnerable person. I am not sure where people are getting, attack the vulnerable and spread the illness. Vulnerable people need food too. They are not in a corona virus party, they are in a store to buy food.

How violent are people ?

Unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 72May 27, 2020 3:50 AM

[quote] Wow it’s like it’s just another excuse for people to unleash their aggression.

A week ago, everyone agreed that those not wearing a mask in public were exhibiting their aggression. If you “can’t” wear a mask, then you will need to do pickup or have groceries delivered. Otherwise, your selfishness and putting others’ lives at risk is going to be called out.

by Anonymousreply 73May 27, 2020 7:11 AM

Face masks are for people working or partying who cannot social distance. Because they are doing a lot of high risk activities that spread the corona virus, they place vulnerable people at risk. People who cannot wear the masks.

You are not suppose to mob attack a vulnerable person. You are suppose to stay away from them, social distance.

by Anonymousreply 74May 27, 2020 7:18 AM

Americans will take any opportunity to act like animals and morally superior.

by Anonymousreply 75May 27, 2020 7:25 AM

[quote] Americans will take any opportunity to act like animals and morally superior.

Like the woman not wearing a mask is doing.

by Anonymousreply 76May 27, 2020 7:28 AM

I've seen people bring children to stores and in one case a couple brought a newborn to a takeout place. No masks. WTF?

Each case is different but the lack of common sense is astounding.

by Anonymousreply 77May 27, 2020 8:22 AM

[quote] Like the woman not wearing a mask is doing.

She’s not. She’s an idiot but she’s not instigating a riot.

by Anonymousreply 78May 27, 2020 8:30 AM

R70 Facemasks are a political act here, since Trump refused to wear one throughout the pandemic. All the weak justifications in the world can't change the fact that they have no real medical purpose and mostly signify compliance and obediance.

R72 Really summed it up- you wear it to remind yourself of the pandemic and your role in it. Kind of like Catholics wear medals to remind themselves of their salvation.

by Anonymousreply 79May 27, 2020 8:57 AM

If facial masks construct breathing, aren’t facial shields a better option? And a godsend to the lip-reading visually challenged.

by Anonymousreply 80May 27, 2020 9:07 AM

What is wrong with Americans on this issue? People aren't this hysterical about mask wearing in the UK

by Anonymousreply 81May 27, 2020 9:28 AM

never mind, just read r79's post - makes perfect sense

by Anonymousreply 82May 27, 2020 9:33 AM

R75 - While people SHOULD wear masks this is becoming akin to gay bashing during the AIDS epidemic. A few days ago my roommate's millenial gay cousin was telling her that Freddie Mercury was trash because he didn't declare he had AIDS until the last day and, because she grew up in WeHo during the height of the epidemic, she pointed out that the man was afraid for himself, the sick men living in his house and his ex girlfriend who was living next door with her own family and godson and helping to care for him. The gayling called her a homophobe because she said she was afraid to send her son to day care if people knew there were men infected with AIDS in the house as I pointed put that back then, anyone associated with AIDS and us gays could become the target of bullying or worse.

This bullying now will later be seen in the same way. The people in the store could have easily (and, in this case correctly) told the manager who would have asked the woman to leave or mask up in a civilized manner. We can't repeat barbaric behavior.

by Anonymousreply 83May 27, 2020 9:40 AM

We are being trolled in this thread, from both sides.

by Anonymousreply 84May 27, 2020 9:51 AM

No one is saying that the woman who made a target of herself in that Staten Island grocery store has to wear a mask. But, yes, she has to wear a mask if she's going into the grocery store.

And all this bullshit about some people not being able to wear a mask because of medical conditions is just that. Bullshit. If you're too sick to wear a mask, you are certainly too sick to schlep your way around a grocery store and haul your groceries out to your car and load it up and bring them in, etc., etc.

The mask is a public health measure and she only has to wear it when she goes out in public. If she does not want to do that one small thing to protect the public health, then she has to stay home. No one's going to miss her.

By all means, chased her ass out of that store. When she gets hungry enough, she'll put the mask on.

by Anonymousreply 85May 27, 2020 10:44 AM

You know what I find bizarre?

Are the people here saying that people need to wear a mask, to protect the people who are more vulnerable, when out and about. And that 12 year olds should be banned from stores, along with healthy people not wearing a mask.

Doesn't that strike anyone else as completely out of touch with reality?

If you are immuno-comprised, then YOU should stay home. The healthy people are the ones who have the right to be out and about, and to wear a mask or not.

It's the sick and weaker people who should be home in the dark, wearing a mask.

You mask nazis have it ass backwards.

by Anonymousreply 86May 27, 2020 10:52 AM

R86 Thank you, it's nuts.

by Anonymousreply 87May 27, 2020 10:58 AM

[quote]Do any of you even listen to yourselves?

Do you listen to yourself? It is for the greater good, it's not about as you say "a stupid mask". Is that like a stupid seat belt or a stupid speed limit? At least you will have to pay a hefty fine if you get caught doing that.

These Karens trying to stir up shit when they know the rules never get arrested or fined, public shaming is the least drastic consequence of purposely breaking medically mandated orders and the wishes of a private property owner. I am glad they did that to her. Hope they do it again. Maybe she will learn her lesson.

by Anonymousreply 88May 27, 2020 11:32 AM

[quote]If you are immuno-comprised, then YOU should stay home.

The world doesn't work like that nitwit. I am immune compromised but I still work, cook my meals etc. I still need to shop for food, no one is going to do it for me. All deliveries stopped in my neighborhood when stay at home order hit and everyone was panic buying. I still cant get delivers. So yes, I wear a mask and it does piss me off when Karens think THEY are healthy so why bother, not their problem.

by Anonymousreply 89May 27, 2020 11:38 AM

r88 and r99 are the Karens

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90May 27, 2020 1:06 PM

*r89

by Anonymousreply 91May 27, 2020 1:07 PM

The Karen on the rascal scooter wasn't wearing a mask either but wasn't attacked. If that person is so weak that she needs a motorized scooter, she should be doing curbside delivery and keeping her unmasked ass out of the store.

by Anonymousreply 92May 27, 2020 2:42 PM

R84 - I don't see trolls.

by Anonymousreply 93May 27, 2020 3:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!