Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rep Ilhan Omar believes Tara Reade and that Joe shouldn't be the Democratic presidential nominee

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar told a British newspaper that she believes Tara Reade, the former Senate staffer who’s accused Joe Biden of sexual assault.

The congresswoman told The Times of London in an article that was published Sunday that she believes Reade, saying: “Justice can be delayed, but should never be denied.”

Reade has accused the former vice president and presumptive presidential nominee of pinning her against a wall in 1993 and sexually assaulting her.

In the Times article, Omar tells the reporter that if it were up to her, Biden wouldn’t be the Democrats’ nominee for the November election. During the primaries, Omar was a vocal supporter of Bernie Sanders.

On Monday, in response to criticism on Twitter, the congresswoman tweeted that “believing survivors” is consistent with her values. She also said that the Times interview was conducted on May 6 and that the “quotes aren’t always in context.”

While Omar did not explain the context for the quotes in her tweets, she did say that she’ll vote for Biden in order to get Trump out of the White House.

He addressed the allegations in an interview with MSNBC earlier this month, saying that anyone who believes Reade 'probably shouldn't vote for me'.

'I wouldn't vote for me if I believed Tara Reade,' he added.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 27, 2020 9:26 AM

Ooh, they're gonna get rid of her.

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2020 9:27 PM

She’s a troll. As in, a person who does and says extreme controversial things in order to elicit a reaction.

Like Trump or Anne Coulter or Dennis Rodman.

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2020 9:28 PM

She’s siding with a privileged white woman?

Politics makes strange bedfellows.

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2020 9:29 PM

Fuck her. I hope she's primaried and loses.

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2020 9:31 PM

Where was the outrage when Trump refused to hold a White House ceremony to unveil Obama's portrait? Do Trump's ugly, racist comments bother her, such as referring to African countries and other heavily black-populated regions as bad places to do business or crime-ridden shitholes? Where was the outrage when Trump characterized black football players who took a knee for the anthem as "sons of bitches?" Where was the outrage when he called a black former White House employee, Omarosa Manigault-Newman, a "crazed, crying lowlife" and then added, "Good work by General Kelly for firing that dog."

Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2020 9:45 PM

[quote] Ooh, they're gonna get rid of her

Nobody’s getting rid if her. Her district will keep voting her in.

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2020 11:17 PM

[quote]Where was the outrage when Trump refused ...

Look, I don't agree with her.

But let us stop pretending that the Republicans have the same rules as the Democrats.

Republicans will never turn against each other even if they should.

Democrats are constantly running purity tests against each other.

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2020 11:23 PM

"Some people did something" ---This cunt.

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2020 1:09 AM

This nasty beast is going to Cost the Democrats votes She needs to go .

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2020 1:25 AM

FUCK HER! CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2020 1:27 AM

She is going through a messy divorce and has done illegal things for her boyfriend. She seems just plain 'out of it' as well as lacking in common sense and definitely shouldn't be in American politics. She's a Far Left mess.

by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2020 1:31 AM

[Quote] She is going through a messy divorce and has done illegal things for her boyfriend.

Isn't that an issue for her?

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2020 1:35 AM

She only wins because of the large Somali population in her Mpls district and the extreme, almost beyond parody white guilt of the other white Minnesotans. Completely unable to discuss the possibility of any faults in the Somali population or Islam without being branded a racist.

by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2020 1:37 AM

R7, which is why Dems lose. They don't support their own. That's also what's wrong with #metoo - in the absence of proof, you're still guilty.

by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2020 1:39 AM

Also from OP:

The Guardian: Andrew Cuomo is to blame for New York's coronavirus catastrophe

by Anonymousreply 15May 26, 2020 1:41 AM

Oh honey no. Girl you gonna go bye bye!

by Anonymousreply 16May 26, 2020 1:42 AM

If a wingnut and a moonbat had a child together…

by Anonymousreply 17May 26, 2020 1:42 AM

No one takes her seriously. Her time in the spotlight is done.

by Anonymousreply 18May 26, 2020 1:44 AM

Isn't she the one that married her brother to get him a visa?

by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2020 1:49 AM

I have defended her many times in the past but fuck her. Next time republicans make up something about her I'm gonna leave her to it

by Anonymousreply 20May 26, 2020 1:54 AM

R14, I don’t WANT to support this cunt. She’s a bad person.

I’m not “eating my own” if I wouldn’t vote for her. And I’d vote for a decent Centrist Republican before I’d vote for her.

Lucky I don’t have to make that choice at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 21May 26, 2020 2:53 AM

[quote] She only wins because of the large Somali population in her Mpls district

Duh.

Those Somalis are not going anywhere. That’s why she’s going to get re-elected. Because her constituents want her. The Jewish guy wins in the Jewish populated district, the Latino politician wins the Latino district, Devin Nunes only wins because his district because his ancestors come from the Azores

by Anonymousreply 22May 26, 2020 3:24 AM

She needs to go.

She's awful.

by Anonymousreply 23May 27, 2020 5:37 AM

She chooses THIS to be upset about? Dumb muslim idiot. She needs to get the f out.

by Anonymousreply 24May 27, 2020 5:45 AM

cunt.

by Anonymousreply 25May 27, 2020 5:45 AM

Ilhan Omar is a terrible person and I hope someone challenges the next time she runs. The only reason she won is there are a lot of Somali's in her district. She's got to go.

by Anonymousreply 26May 27, 2020 5:48 AM

I believe Biden and always have, but I still like Omar. She offered that quote before the Megyn Kelly interview, FWIW. Not that it excuses her, but that's right before things really started to go downhill for Reade.

OP looking to create conflict. There are bigger fish to fry.

*Jordan shrug*

by Anonymousreply 27May 27, 2020 6:28 AM

Bigoted cunt running her ugly mouth.

by Anonymousreply 28May 27, 2020 6:48 AM

And many of Ilhan Omar's constituents believe she should be circumcised, shrouded, and kept at home.

by Anonymousreply 29May 27, 2020 9:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!