Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ireland’s Taoiseach Leo Varadkar and his boyfriend spotted shirtless and drinking in the park...

What do you think DL?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 27, 2020 10:52 AM

I don't know about social distancing, but he's pathetic for being a gay cliche. Further points for sagging and pudgy.

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2020 5:22 PM

He's repulsive. If Tom Hanks had a deformed brother...

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2020 5:23 PM

He's not a bad looking guy for a guy his age but queening around like he's on an Atlantis Cruise... the moment has passed.

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2020 5:28 PM

He doesn't have the kind of body that justifies being shirtless in the most central public park at any time, much less during a pandemic.

What was he thinking?

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2020 5:32 PM

I think there's nothing worse than the hectoring scolds telling everyone to socially distance, but then proceed not to do it.

Do as I say, not as I do.

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2020 5:33 PM

He should know better, especially as a practicing medical doctor.

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2020 5:52 PM

He and his bf? Outside? Shirtless? In a park? Big fucking deal. He's not party enough for you? Tough. Undignified? Fuck you. We have a pig for president who grabs pussy. Too close? Not that I saw, not to anyone else.

Phony elitists here.

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2020 6:01 PM

"Curtain-twitching twitter" is my new buzzword.

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2020 6:13 PM

Ewww! Nobody invite him anymore.

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2020 6:16 PM

If he’s not breaking the law who GAF. I’d rather see him shirtless than Trump, Boris Johnson or Angela Merkel.

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2020 6:49 PM

Trump, Boris and Angela are a pretty low bar, R10.

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2020 7:43 PM

Pink News should be aware that no one in Ireland calls Varadkar's partner his "boyfriend." These men are professionals in their forties, for fuck's sake.

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2020 7:43 PM

This is really inappropriate behavior for an executive leader. Yes, Trump has done far worse, but it's really irresponsible to stress social distancing and then go to a park and NOT social distance.

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2020 7:46 PM

Lonely men are waiting for you here - lovegay.fun

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2020 7:50 PM

He was doing nothing wrong, H was with his partner and 2 friends and meetings of 4 are allowed. He works a day a week on the Covid 19 front lines, and then is running the fucking country, which now has massive unemployment due to the virus as well a a new debt issue. He's attempting to form a government as well.

Varadkar is an exceptionally shy guy, but personally I can tell you a nice lad and he's au fait with all the issues whether or not one agrees with his politics, and I would have an issue with his housing strategy. As for his body, I'll take it any time because he's got brains to burn and that's the interesting side to this man.

The underlying racism in some of thes posts from what are Irish posters is downright disgusting. He's Irish born, to an Irish mother.

End of fucking story. Shower of gobshites.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2020 7:50 PM

[quote] These men are professionals in their forties, for fuck's sake.

Well, we don't need you to tell us that, the moobs are there plain as the shamrock on your leprechaun.

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2020 7:51 PM

So pale. So utterly pale like a corpse washed up on the river banks.

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2020 7:52 PM

Don’t they have gyms in Ireland?

by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2020 7:58 PM

His boyfriend has quite a sexy body--nice back.

by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2020 8:00 PM

What a redneck!

by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2020 8:00 PM

R15 Explanation of why he's acting like American white trash, please.

by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2020 8:02 PM

What a stupid man, not impressed.

by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2020 8:34 PM

He was incredibly successful at contain coronavirus in Ireland and he even worked at a medical center in his free time. That's what matter to me

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2020 8:38 PM

R15 is 100% correct. And anyway he's not acting any differently from huge numbers of American gays so why the criticism?

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2020 8:41 PM

R24 Wearing a mask in public has become a political gesture in the U.S., a politician appearing outdoors without one is essentially endorsing Trump. Therefore, prisspots enforce it like Puritans. This is, of course, all being done in the name of public health so as to not be too obvious.

by Anonymousreply 25May 25, 2020 8:45 PM

R24 Add to that social distancing. You have to be painfully obvious about keeping 6 ft. away from others to drive home the point that you are not a Trump supporter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 25, 2020 8:48 PM

Dear Irish People: we'd take "Dad Bod" Leo over the vile, fat, racists lunatic that we have in the US. Don't sweat this

by Anonymousreply 27May 25, 2020 9:06 PM

[quote] Varadkar is one of just three openly gay heads of state in the world

He is not the head of state. That is a very bad mistake in the article linked by OP.

by Anonymousreply 28May 25, 2020 9:13 PM

[quote] a nice lad

Puhleeze R15, he's not a 'lad'.

by Anonymousreply 29May 25, 2020 9:14 PM

They're all at it, breaking their own rules brazenly and with impunity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 25, 2020 9:16 PM

There's a better pic of him & the boyfriend here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 26, 2020 4:10 AM

[quote]Wearing a mask in public has become a political gesture in the U.S.,

[quote]You have to be painfully obvious about keeping 6 ft. away from others to drive home the point that you are not a Trump supporter.

This attitude is so bizarre. Why do Republicans all seem to think that people wear masks and maintain physical distancing purely to show that we don't like Trump? Maybe it's because we seriously don't want to catch a potentially deadly virus from you?

by Anonymousreply 32May 26, 2020 4:24 AM

R12 Well, not quite. Leo is, but he's 8 years older. Matt is only 33. But yeah, agreed- they are both professionals, they've been together years and are a long-established couple, and I have literally never seen him referred to as Leo's boyfriend by anyone in Irish media ever.

R30 It was probably a stupid move not to realise how his little picnic get-together might look to people, but he doesn't deserve to be lumped in with Cummings. That guy really was brazen. He seems to have REPEATEDLY tossed Britain's lockdown laws out the window. Varadkar didn't break any actual laws.

by Anonymousreply 33May 26, 2020 10:36 AM

R30: Don't compare Vardkar with that scum, Varadkar did a great job in his country

by Anonymousreply 34May 26, 2020 2:10 PM

It think - GET THAT MCDICK, GIRLFRIEND!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 26, 2020 2:18 PM

I thought they were married?

by Anonymousreply 36May 26, 2020 2:20 PM

For anyone else who wondered, “Taoiseach” is pronounced “TEE-shock”.

I learn something every day!

by Anonymousreply 37May 26, 2020 2:33 PM

R32: Republicans are sociopaths. 40 years of promoting selfishness and a victim mentality where "elites" and "liberals" are out to get them and persecute them has resulted in this. As a group, they are incapable of seeing anything outside of a lens that see the other persecuting their poor asses. They think we are as sociopathic as they are and are doing this to hurt Trump and by proxy them. They're lost trash.

by Anonymousreply 38May 26, 2020 2:42 PM

I thought the two were married. I guess not.

Nice bodies, though.

He is gathering with his partner and friend at some compound were everyone has been stuck during the covid outbreak. He knows they don't have covid so he's done nothing wrong.

The criticism is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 39May 26, 2020 3:10 PM

Rules for thee but not for me.

They want us all to “stay home whenever possible” I thought.

by Anonymousreply 40May 26, 2020 3:14 PM

R40 They were at Phoenix Park, which is the Dublin version of Central Park.

by Anonymousreply 41May 26, 2020 3:17 PM

Y'all do realize that, by politician standards, he's a ripped Adonis, right?

by Anonymousreply 42May 26, 2020 3:41 PM

Did someone say "Adonis"?....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43May 26, 2020 4:56 PM

R40 Nah, this isn't really a one rule for him, one rule for the little people situation. Of course ideally everyone stays home as much as possible, but it is allowed now for anyone in Ireland to meet with others not from their household in groups of up to 4, within 5km of their radius. That's all he did.

by Anonymousreply 44May 26, 2020 5:47 PM

[quote] For anyone else who wondered, “Taoiseach” is pronounced “TEE-shock”. I learn something every day!

I know, right? I had no idea the Third Reich was Germany; DL is full of gems like that.

by Anonymousreply 45May 26, 2020 5:54 PM

r41 it's actually much bigger than Central Park, even. It's twice the size. It's the biggest enclosed park in Europe. Varadkar and his partner and friends are very very far from the only people who've been using it for their allowed exercise/meeting up whatever over this time.

by Anonymousreply 46May 26, 2020 11:01 PM

This other photo shows there were other groups in the park (four is max allowed) and a policeman strolling among them. And he was apparently less than 5km from home. He must have been aware ahead that the photos would be taken and published on SM/press. Since no law broken, what's the big deal. Contrary, this could be good PR, here he looks just like an ordinary guy. Why shirtless? My guess is catching some sun on a sunny day after many days in lockdown. Lockdown definitely affected his workout regime, he did put some weight since the last time we saw him shirtless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 27, 2020 10:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!