Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rednecks doing a mock lynching of Kentucky's (Democratic) Governor

Just another day in 'murca

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 28, 2020 5:23 PM

Only black people can be lynched.

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2020 4:31 PM

Governor shows his balls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 28, 2020 2:06 AM

Once Trump is gone so will disappear their power.

by Anonymousreply 3May 28, 2020 2:08 AM

I blame the NRA.

by Anonymousreply 4May 28, 2020 2:09 AM

Let them all get the virus. Please! And then when they’re all gone we can have a real country.

by Anonymousreply 5May 28, 2020 2:09 AM

Potbellied White dudes in sunnies and camo.

Tres unusual!

by Anonymousreply 6May 28, 2020 2:14 AM

This is as disgusting as Kathy Griffin and that stunt she pulled awhile back. When are people going to learn?

by Anonymousreply 7May 28, 2020 2:33 AM

What are they bitching about?

by Anonymousreply 8May 28, 2020 2:35 AM

They are upset that the governor is a Democrat, R8.

by Anonymousreply 9May 28, 2020 2:38 AM

Do they not realize he won the election?

by Anonymousreply 10May 28, 2020 2:53 AM

This is why I don’t give military discounts.

by Anonymousreply 11May 28, 2020 2:54 AM

They should be sprayed with gasoline and lit on fire.

by Anonymousreply 12May 28, 2020 2:54 AM

There is no guarantee that guy was ever in the military, R11. I always assume (wrongly, perhaps) that none of the guys dressed up as GI Joe have ever served.

by Anonymousreply 13May 28, 2020 2:58 AM

And this guy was promptly fired by his employer at a car dealership.

LOL - at least the company did the right thing. Of course, the family is blaming the governor - not their stupid choice of trying to lynch an effigy of the governor.

by Anonymousreply 14May 28, 2020 3:39 AM

R13, good call.

by Anonymousreply 15May 28, 2020 3:43 AM

r7 - False equivalency. Kathy did not stage a mock beheading, the photograph she did was the idea of the photographer. It was based on his statement about Megan Kelly where he said "You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever." This was a racist act (notice the dummy was meant to be black, they probably just reused it from when they mock lynched, Obama). Arguably, Kathy's was a political statement based on Trump's misogyny vs a gaggle of racists who don't like having to wear a mask.

by Anonymousreply 16May 28, 2020 3:46 AM

They want to stir up the rednecks, so that they are angry enough to make sure McConnell is re-elected.

by Anonymousreply 17May 28, 2020 11:07 AM

I'm sure DLers would like to do something to the governor other than lynching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 28, 2020 1:49 PM

That Lee Greenwood song is a Nazi anthem now.

by Anonymousreply 19May 28, 2020 2:13 PM

R7, a proponent of whataboutism.

This was targeting an official on their own property. Not nearly the same thing. But nice try.

by Anonymousreply 20May 28, 2020 2:22 PM

Targeting a state official, I meant to say.

by Anonymousreply 21May 28, 2020 2:23 PM

From CNN: Sunday's protest was advertised on Facebook as a Patriot Day Rally to exercise Second Amendment rights. As the rally was winding down, someone drove up in a truck and pulled the effigy of Beshear out of a bag and hung it on a tree, Gerry Seavo James told CNN. The effigy had a note around its neck with the Latin phrase "sic semper tyrannis," which roughly translates to "thus always to tyrants." Generally attributed to Brutus, the phrase was shouted by the assassin John Wilkes Booth when he shot President Abraham Lincoln and is also the state motto of Virginia. After the effigy was hung from a tree another man came up and cut it down, James said. "There's a gentleman that came up. He was pretty upset about it, and he cut it down. And he was like this has no place at this rally. We're trying to be peaceful," James said. The governor's response When asked Wednesday about Bush losing his job, Gov. Beshear said he didn't have a comment, but said "you don't simply, in the moment, make a dummy with somebody's face on it, and hang it up. And you don't just, in the moment, march a group over to stand on somebody's porch on the other side of the windowpane from where their kids play and shout for them to come out." "Now I know both of those things that have happened, have been ways to create fear and show hate to numerous other people in America. And I don't want to claim that I know how that history feels, but I think all of us would say that different decisions have consequences. And I would hope that we would all make better decisions like that, as we move forward," Beshear added. CNN's Hollie Silverman contributed to this report.

by Anonymousreply 22May 28, 2020 5:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!